PDA

View Full Version : Become a 'Star Guard' and Earn a Highly Exclusive Star Guard Emblem

Pages : [1] 2

Samhayne
09-20-2011, 11:38 AM
This program is no longer being used

Spacetime Studios is proud to unveil a special Star Legends community program: the Star Guard.

What are they? Simply put, Star Guard are players of Star Legends and contributing members of the community that have distinguished themselves as a valuable player to both Spacetime Studios and to other Star Legends players.

How are Star Guard distinguished from other players? We have designed a very unique and special shoulder emblem for the Star Guard. Players wearing the emblem shown below have distinguished themselves on the decks of the UCS Blackstar and beyond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxAqKSwc1Bk

How do I become a Star Guard? Star Guard are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and have generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.

• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.

• Helping to other users on the Spacetime Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com.

• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.

• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.

The following individuals below are Star Guard. In the future, we will announce more Star Guard as this will be an ongoing program.

(In no particular order)

Octavos
CanonicalKoi
IBNobody
Physiologic
Ebalere
Zaltiar

Congratulations!!

--------------------

Also note, there is a sister program for Community Members who distinguish themselves in Pocket Legends, The Guardians of Alterra. For more information about the Guardians of Alterra, please see this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028

*Please note, we reserve the right to remove the Star Guard status and emblem at our discretion if a player commits actions not in keeping with the spirit of the program or in contravention of our terms of use.

Ellyidol
09-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Grats guys! Definitely well deserved!

nazgulking
09-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Compliments to the guardians/guards, my best wishes to the following ones :)

Samhayne
09-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Congrats guys, I'll get all your goodies done up shortly :)

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Awesome!!!! i wish i could be a star guardian:( but ill try to be!hehe

nazgulking
09-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Awesome!!!! i wish i could be a star guardian:( but ill try to be!hehe

Unfortunatley this what I would like to avoid. No offence meant BTW :)
I think the title should be given to those who doesn't work just to get some items but out of a selfless desire :)

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Ya... i know... but i like been called Star Gurdian..lol;) I dont know much for the game... but i like helping new guys.... ;)......

nazgulking
09-20-2011, 11:51 AM
... but i like helping new guys.... ;)......

That's the way to go bro :D

Nick41324
09-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Is there a lvl requirement for being a star guard?

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 11:56 AM
idk... but i think no... idk

Ellyidol
09-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Btw, small typo I think Sam.

What are they? Line, you mention Guardians :)

skavenger216
09-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Grats guys, i hope to join your ranks one day.

Honeypot
09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Woohoo!

Congrats!

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Grats to all the star guards...... Honestly, I'm quite shocked to NOT be on this list. I hope you guys consider me one day STS, as I really feel like I am star guards material. I've helped countless players in game, am friendly to all, run one of the largest, most successful guilds in the game, reported numerous bugs, suggested a few things (some of which were used), reported offensive chat, and have many players that respect and look up to me.

Grats again guys, I'm not trying to steal your thunder, I'm just honestly a little hurt, lol. I put my heart and soul into STS games, and the players that inhabit them, and it sucks being excluded. :(. Oh well, maybe one day..........
hey man dont worry:) i am sure u can be a slg!!:cool:

Diodge
09-20-2011, 12:31 PM
how many are already Guardians of Alterra?
Grats

Acyer
09-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Wow grats guys

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Grats guys! I'm proud of you Octavos, well deserved. IMO, Rage of Mages has remained the most neutral of the major guilds in SL and you've been a good friend and ally. Canon and Phys, your research and guides have caused me to respec a few times, since we are all Ops, lol. I know there are lots of people deserving of this title, and you can't pick everybody at once, so this is a good start. Good luck to future Star Guard!

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Grats guys! I'm proud of you Octavos, well deserved. IMO, Rage of Mages has remained the most neutral of the major guilds in SL and you've been a good friend and ally. Canon and Phys, your research and guides have caused me to respec a few times, since we are all Ops, lol. I know there are lots of people deserving of this title, and you can't pick everybody at once, so this is a good start. Good luck to future Star Guard!
That was the best speech here

octavos
09-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Spacetime Studios is proud to unveil a special Star Legends community program: the Star Guard.

What are they? Simply put, Guardians of Alterra are players of Star Legends and contributing members of the community that have distinguished themselves as a valuable player to both Spacetime Studios and to other Star Legends players.

How are Star Guard distinguished from other players? We have designed a very unique and special shoulder emblem for the Star Guard. Players wearing the emblem shown below have distinguished themselves on the decks of the UCS Blackstar and beyond.

How do I become a Star Guard? Star Guard are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and have generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.

• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.

• Helping to other users on the Spacetime Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com.

The following individuals below are Star Guard. In the future, we will announce more Star Guard as this will be an ongoing program.

(In no particular order)

Octavos
CanonicalKoi
IBNobody
Physiologic

Congratulations!!

--------------------

Also note, there is a sister program for Community Members who distinguish themselves in Pocket Legends, The Guardians of Alterra. For more information about the Guardians of Alterra, please see this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028

*Please note, we reserve the right to remove the Star Guard status and emblem at our discretion if a player commits actions not in keeping with the spirit of the program or in contravention of our terms of use.

OMG, OMG, OMG thank you devs omg thank you..... I will not let you down O.O I will be doing the same, again, and again

StompArtist
09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Grats to all the Star Guards. Now give me your credits. :D

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 01:20 PM
That was the best speech here

Thank you sir

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 01:22 PM
[/QUOTE

Thank you sir[/QUOTE]
Lol relax i am 16 years old... but welcome:D

CanonicalKoi
09-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Holy crap! Thank you so much for a totally unexpected honor. **Note to self: no playing after my code borks any more** My deepest apologies, Stomp. I just customized my wings, therefore I *have* no credits. :D

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Holy crap! Thank you so much for a totally unexpected honor. **Note to self: no playing after my code borks any more** My deepest apologies, Stomp. I just customized my wings, therefore I *have* no credits. :D
Wow congratz canonical!! I loved ur response!:Holy crap!! Lol... Edit it like dead terrorist ones..: Holy camel crap!!:D.... i am sorry 2 for my language... but its funny!

Cascade
09-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Gratz guys!

Silentarrow
09-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Grats guys.

Breadkeeper
09-20-2011, 03:59 PM
very cool vanity, congrats guys.

TitanFusion
Wow. Grats

Cascade
So is this a reward for players that just help in game?

Redbridge
09-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Whoop! Whoop! Gratz to you all.

I'm sure they'll be plenty more deserving SG's in the near future. There's plenty of great candidates who I'm sure will continue to do more of the same and keep the standards high.

Good job to the new and future SG's. You make the community what it is. Thanks.

Kakatoa91
09-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Nice! Congratulation!

*Look at the sky...*

"May these newly born 'Stars' keep on shining in the game as in the forum and share with us their bright lights, guiding us through dark space."

Samhayne
09-20-2011, 04:21 PM
So is this a reward for players that just help in game?

Just as described in the original post, it's a program to recognize players who are cool, helpful people.

Cascade
09-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Just as described in the original post, it's a program to recognize players who are cool, helpful people.

Hmm...ok thanks.

The Oncoming Storm
09-20-2011, 04:28 PM
This is fantastic good job juys

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Congratulations guys!!!

Wow I was just referring Canon as a future SG in a previous post haha

Good job all keep up the amazing work! :D

LegalShet
09-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Saw this on Facebook lol.
Congrats all of you (:
Well deserved.

CrimsonTider
09-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Congratz guys!! Well deserved!

Cahaun
09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Congrats new gaurds of the stars!

Nightarcher
09-20-2011, 04:56 PM
W00t, nice! SL and PL need more people like you guys. Kudos and congrats :D

Moogerfooger
09-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Grats to the Star Guards...hey, 3 are guildmates ;) I am now dragging down the collective IQ of the guild :D

Corpser
09-20-2011, 05:03 PM
um is this for the support portal or here?

Lowlyspy
09-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Congrats ya'll, like i said on the GoA announcement, great choices for this prestigious honor.

very low key guard symbol, i like it lol

Samhayne
09-20-2011, 05:33 PM
um is this for the support portal or here?

As the original post outlines, it's for in-game, on the forums, on the support portal and well, about everywhere!

Cascade
09-20-2011, 05:35 PM
As the original post outlines, it's for in-game, on the forums, on the support portal and well, about everywhere!

So pretty much you need to help in-game, on the forums, and on the support portal to have a shot it?

Mitchturbo
09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Congrats guys! Well done dev for developing such a great concept :)

Breadkeeper
09-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I hope this does not lead to 300 poorly written guides and the such with the intent of people trying to become a star guard. Less Cluter in the Forums!!

Cahaun
09-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I hope this does not lead to 300 poorly written guides and the such with the intent of people trying to become a star guard. Less Cluter in the Forums!!
What's worse: beggers or poorly written threads (i.e. Should engineers use skill points for revive?) ;)

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 08:11 PM

The current system in which a Guide is added to 'General Discussion' and then if the person that would like it to be added to the Guide section PMs Sam he will look through and see if it is worthy of 'Guide material' with this in place it would prevent this.

IBNobody
09-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Thank you STS. It was a total surprise to me. I will do my best to continue to earn it.

The star looks very spiffy in-game. It's small and unobtrusive.

It makes my Op feel like a gunslinger. "There's a new Sheriff in town..."

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qwiv61.png

Congrats to my fellow guildmates, too.

Misdemeanour
09-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Hey congrats guys always good to see there are people out there who help out where they can!

I'll keep an eye out from now on and throw you some real eight balls! ;-P

No, no it's ok no need to thank me.

The current system in which a Guide is added to 'General Discussion' and then if the person that would like it to be added to the Guide section PMs Sam he will look through and see if it is worthy of 'Guide material' with this in place it would prevent this.

Uuuurgh, that means my humourous comments that don't really help anyone or contribute to the discussion don't really count.

Just so you know ...... pouting here!

CappinClutch
09-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Congrats to the SGs! I hope this gets all the kiddies to straighten up and fly right in hopes that they'll be the next ones rockin' a star on their shoulders...I've had my eyes on a small group of troublemakers and I always encourage people to simply ignore them. Hope to see u all ingame, Cappin hosts a lot of runs, so hop on in one of em anytime!

Ovocotto
09-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Gratz:D

Rawrimafish
09-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Congratz guys you deserved it. cya around

MoarPewPew
09-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Congratz!!! you earned it!

Churuya
09-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Congrats too all the players you obviously earned it, hopefully I get the chance to earn this as well.

octavos
09-21-2011, 09:55 AM
So pretty much you need to help in-game, on the forums, and on the support portal to have a shot it?

That is what i have done since Sam has mentioned it, No bias from guilds...everyone deserves a chance to be helped :) (Ive helped here, Support forum, Facebook,RL Problems, and In-game help and support) Some ppl are older, but the majority are children playing this game....So be patience when trying to help...they easily lose there temper. Experienced players like yourself cascade, know how to play and act....but others do not. :( I leveled my toon ASAP every update so I can spend less time on myself and more time helping teach players the game, and new GM's how to act. :)

Zaltiar
09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Whoa! Gratz to the new star guards!! :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

nmyxspaceship
09-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Awesome guys! Gratz phs being a guardian on both games!

Majik
09-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey Sam I'm glad u got this out! I'm here to help anyone who needs it. So just please message me and add me on SL. "Majik"

Ephemeris
09-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Congratulations, gang -- well deserved!! :-)

fakar5915
09-21-2011, 10:22 PM
hey wat do i have to do be a SG. i have a lvl30 character bout to hit 31 character name is fakar

octavos
09-22-2011, 10:15 AM
hey wat do i have to do be a SG. i have a lvl30 character bout to hit 31 character name is fakar

Look at first post, be creative...help in your own way. :p

SssoulSsshine
09-22-2011, 10:21 AM

Umm, well, maybe you could start by actually reading the first post in the thread by Sam, which in it, very clearly answers the question, "How do I become a Star Guard," with 5 very clear bullet points.

+1 to me for helpfulness, -1 for sarcasm. It's a wash.

Edit: and not only that, I was sniped by a real SL Guard. Dangit!

Edit 2: add +1/2 to me for humor, -1/2 for being sniped. Still a wash.

keven
09-22-2011, 09:23 PM
What do I have to do to be a. Star guard I have a lvl 21 my name is usataarava on star legend and I also wanno say star legend is the best game I ever play and I stay play it because. I like the game. Good job on the development of this game.

Silentarrow
09-22-2011, 09:26 PM
What do I have to do to be a. Star guard I have a lvl 21 my name is usataarava on star legend and I also wanno say star legend is the best game I ever play and I stay play it because. I like the game. Good job on the development of this game.
Just help out the community as much as you can! Also, look at the first post for guide lines :).

keven
09-22-2011, 09:32 PM
And plzz. Fix the lag on this game more. People. Will play. If the game doesn't lag

keven
09-22-2011, 09:37 PM
I do help the community. I gave an idea of fixing the lag on the game. More people will play if there's no lag

keven
09-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Please make me a star gauld. Because I have a idea. The. Idea is the lag more people. Will play if there's. No lag.

kiffnshey
09-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Well done guys

Scoutninja
09-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Congrats u guys are the best!!!!

Johnathan Yap
09-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Congratz Guys.

BodMaster
09-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Please make me a star gauld. Because I have a idea. The. Idea is the lag more people. Will play if there's. No lag.

If you would like to make a Thread in suggestions on your idea the STS Devs will be able to look at it and get back to you if this is possible to implement.

Please read first post as suggested there are a few bullet points that will help you reach 'Star Guard' status. :)

All the best, and Good Luck!

keven
09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
hi bodmaster are u one of the people who work in the space time studios community

Mothwing
09-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Gratz guys!!!! Definetely well deserved :) big shout out to rauen :) u deserve it bud! :)

Mothwing
09-23-2011, 07:34 PM
hi bodmaster are u one of the people who work in the space time studios community

Keven,

Im sure you'll have your chance to be a guardian, but one thing STS doesnt like is begging. You'll earn your position through the community and helping out in the game. Giving one suggestion doesnt immediately make you a guardian.

Just keep helping out the community and im sure you'll have your chance :)

CanonicalKoi
09-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Gratz guys!!!! Definetely well deserved :) big shout out to rauen :) u deserve it bud! :)

Moth! Long time, no see--waaaaaay too long. :( And thank you so much! :)

keven
09-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks bro LOL are stop begging

Mothwing
09-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Moth! Long time, no see--waaaaaay too long. :( And thank you so much! :)

:) for sure too long :) np! U deserve it :)

Thanks bro LOL are stop begging

Didnt mean to make you feel bad bud :) just a heads up

Sassinya
09-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Woot! Sweet! Gratz!! You chose wisely people who deserve it!

keven
09-24-2011, 06:39 AM
its ok i dont even feel bad

thewolf
09-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Ya i can help people as much as i can im only a level 26 commando and i will and can help to the fullest extent of my power and have fun while doing it i would love to be a star gaurd

thewolf
09-24-2011, 11:32 AM
My characters name is loyalsoldier

javier995
09-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Grats guys! hope to be a SG one day as well^_^ i help out a lot but if theres anyone out there who needs a lvl30 com just add javiermadriz ill be happy to help you out or any new gms that need advice add me i send one of my chars to help you out for about a week or so and help you get started give advice etc. well grats guys on the rank!

kamikazees
09-25-2011, 04:11 PM
What an honor! Well deserved and congratulations!

ooommmggg
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
star guard outfit looks beast!

thewolf
09-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Im off for the night sry i did not post i was giving away free epics and keeping chat clean im trying my best to be a star gaurd i had to report a person for language next time i have enough money ill be giving out more free epics and trying my best to be a star guard .

thewolf
09-25-2011, 11:37 PM
My in game name is loyalsoldier

Whirlzap
09-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Rofl, talking about what you do and stuff..
You're not gonna become a Star Guard by doing that lol.
And you sound so immature...

DeusDominus
09-30-2011, 03:07 PM
I think this is fantastic idea hopefully it boost morale and bring players together. Plus that emblem looks cool who wouldn't want one ! For the most part helpful players aren't always really looking for rewards but I think its great that they can get a little recognition. Congratulations to all the new StarGuards keep up the good work.

OmincrossMX
09-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Sorry mate, your chance to become one is 0.00

Please don't be so negative, everyone has a chance. :p he's trying just like others, and helping and having fun is what its all about. Yeah... yge most important thung about SL is having fun!

Arterra
10-01-2011, 12:48 AM
OMG, OMG, OMG thank you devs omg thank you.....

last time this kind of thing rolled around and i saw my name, same reaction xD

nicely done guys!

CRUIZE
10-01-2011, 08:12 AM
This will help ppl to devlop communication between each other and i hope i can become star guard

CRUIZE
10-01-2011, 08:15 AM
MY real name is suraj and in game its cruize . i help ppl . and i make a freinds help lvl up ... (AlL lvls):cool::cool:

CRUIZE
10-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Atlast i am back to star legends .after devs gave me direct link to download. I am happy and i will LIKe to be a star guard

CRUIZE
10-01-2011, 08:31 AM
hANDS OfF TO SAmHAYNe:cool:

Tpickle
10-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Congratz to guardians of alterra and star guardians. What a privilege that is:) I'll try to find you guys cause I'm always in need of help and always want to help

CRUIZE
10-01-2011, 10:38 PM
But it says the video not found

starsavior
10-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Congratz

CRUIZE
10-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Can i be a star guard?

Acyer
10-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Guys to be a star guard you can't ask for it. Its not a privilege given its one earned.
Get on forums help out new players or do something to help the community. Lots of ways but just make it your own idea then maybe you will get noticed.

thewolf
10-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi guys ive been at this for a mounth but being noticed takes time im hardly on fourms because im helping in game add me loyalsoldier i would love to help and thnk the developers for all there hard work and awesome ideas love this game i would love to help if u need or want help and im not on fourms add me loyalsoldier

Rittik
10-02-2011, 12:46 PM
I am not that lucky to become a star guard...i cant even find a vanity...not even from the developers....then how to become a star guard!?....
Btw I love helping low levellers...

thewolf
10-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Ull find them they pop around from time to time just go to diffrent blackstars and numa outposts thats what i did

Rittik
10-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Yes thank man...i at last found droid_griller he gave me all 3 items at one go
Thnx man :D

thewolf
10-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Np im here to help

octavos
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Ull find them they pop around from time to time just go to diffrent blackstars and numa outposts thats what i did

**Shifty Eyes** lol way to go guys :p so anyone want a steak

Twinrova
10-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Grats to all SG's! Wish I could be one... :(

I'll start helping ppl out from now on! :D

Cahaun
10-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I hope to have the honor of being in you ranks some day. Right now I'm doing my best to be worthy of such a title. Good job one more time. :)

thewolf
10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Ya guys its alot of work ive been at it foe a mounth now and im still not one im still working on it one day one day i will be an sg maby tomorrow but dought it lol not realy just keep trying ull get there.

Rittik
10-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Yes i already helped many guys to level up....if u want it loyalsoldier i can help u too to level up :P LOL

thewolf
10-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Hi guys no but thnx for the idea of helping me i help people no matter what level

Deshx
10-04-2011, 07:29 AM
congratz everyone who deserve it

Rittik
10-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Yes its true...loyalsoldier do help a lot and he is an awesome friend too

thewolf
10-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Thnx buddy ur awesome to dont for get about urself

Rittik
10-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Thnx lol

CRUIZE
10-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Well many talk here likethat but they dont really help out .haha

Rawrimafish
10-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Again Congratulations ill try to earn the rights to call my self a Star Guard. Ardon thanks for making me mad :shame: and ur friends!

MimeRifle
10-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Any openings in the Star Guard for a stand-up philosopher?

Mastercon
10-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Pretty sweet. Nice job guys!

Ebalere
10-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Well many talk here likethat but they dont really help out .haha

True that. Actions speak louder than words guys.

Cascade
10-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Any openings in the Star Guard for a stand-up philosopher?

As said before you don't apply to become a SG. The devs choose who they think is deserving of it.

thewolf
10-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Ya i do help out btw but u can say what u want

fruitbattwo
10-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey sam, by any chance, did you get the name star guards from me and my bud Eyesharp?

DJMdivine
10-06-2011, 05:39 PM
My opinion on the subject is your actually helping people because you like to and you feel it is in your interest to. Not because you "pretended" to after so long to gain a status to just drop helping people alltogether after recieving the reward to just show off a title and vanity.

iOSJake
10-06-2011, 05:40 PM
This is really cool! Is the emblem in-game? If so, can someone post a screen shot of how they look? :encouragement:

Fallenfatex
10-06-2011, 06:02 PM
if u dont have a spacetime studios account will u still be able to become a star guard??? and are u monitored in-game so u can be a star guard??

Onaraasider
10-06-2011, 06:07 PM
OMG, OMG, OMG thank you devs omg thank you..... I will not let you down O.O I will be doing the same, again, and again Grats to all star guards. and go south gwinett

Darkfader
10-06-2011, 06:16 PM
This is really cool! Is the emblem in-game? If so, can someone post a screen shot of how they look? :encouragement:
There is video on first post of thread where it is shown. And yes it is in game item, back vanity.

if u dont have a spacetime studios account will u still be able to become a star guard??? and are u monitored in-game so u can be a star guard??

Yes it is possible to become as one without account too, but might be tough way. Also devs haven't much announced how they find star guards, bt mostly I think they are somehow monitoring users activity in game.

CRUIZE
10-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Well i saw only two star guards tilll now

thewolf
10-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Ya lol i help so much my phone over heats but congratz on sg u deserve it need help loyalsoldier thats me.

Mohamedaden35
10-07-2011, 04:55 PM
i want to become star gaurd u guys sound and look so coooool

sl: lvl 29 eng coolsage

Qyu
10-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Grats guys. U r the best. Wish i will b the next SG's some day.

(Qyu , Seller , Pickympc , Picky , Weak , Nouser , Irrish , Vhe , Vforenginer , Vforthetank , Kontol)

Ebalere
10-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Wow.. this is a true honor. I will always stay true to what got me here. Thanks STS, and thanks to the community for keeping me immersed in such a great experience. Grats to the others as well!

CanonicalKoi
10-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Grats, Eb! And Z! Welcome aboard! Very happy to have you guys. :D

Rittik
10-09-2011, 10:49 AM
congrats to Ebalare....hes a very nic person and nic to talk to

Spu
10-10-2011, 12:52 AM
I saw Ghost with one of those he's so nice haha, how come he's not in there?

Kirti Mogla
10-11-2011, 06:30 AM
Hi sir,
I saw the things required to become a star guard.I help many players.
Have many friends,always online.
Ill help the star fourms to stay clean and help to make this game better,hope you make more star guards soon!
:)

Mothwing
10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Yea eb!!!! So happy for ya bud. Sry i havent been on to congratulate you. Ill try to make it today :)

thewolf
10-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Hi guys ive been at this thing for awile helping people talking i might have good people skills but resantly i got in trouble for playing non stop to become an sg so idk if i will ever be one cause i might get kicked off so its like all of my progress gone for nothing worked hard for this maby ill be able to play but i realt dont know so ill try to be on tomorrow or today but if i cant i did all of this for nothing point less if this is taken away from me so if i cant play this is loyalsoldier siging off keep trying guys im sure everything will work out for the best and if i cant play anymore i will always be gratefull to the developers they allowed me to play from the start from beta man its been awesome playing sl and pl ya developers have alot of work to do with updates and prossesing and developement and new ideas and more guys dont take them forgranted make sure you thank them for this awesome game and there awesome thank them for all they have done and give them credit and developers comment on this i know you read posts you guys are amaxing you guys and gals have great ideas and also thank them for the free enhancers i know you guys use those lol and developers if i cant play you have made me very happy with this game if i can play ill try no i will be the best star guard out there i love this game and everyones nnice some people arent but the people know who they are and current star guards im coming to join you in the rankings if i can play my time here has been awesome thank you players thank you developers ill see if i can be on today or tomorrow have fun leave comments have a wonderfull playing time:) you guys deserve it:)

Mothwing
10-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi all,

Just a heads up. You've all probably done wonderful things in the game to help others but all you can do now is wait. If STS sees that you're worthy to be a star guard they'll nominate you. STS watches closely, they dont need a threadful of spam from people saying that they helped someone, no offense. If you've done your share just wait :) your time will come.

secretagent
10-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Congratz to the star guard members! I don't really understand how to become a starguard though. Do you have to register or something? message me I'm on star legends a lot lol character name is secretagent, agentman or superagent.

CappinClutch
10-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Congratz to the star guard members! I don't really understand how to become a starguard though. Do you have to register or something? message me I'm on star legends a lot lol character name is secretagent, agentman or superagent.

Nope, no need to register, in fact, it's actually frowned upon to ask to become a Star Guard. Being a helpful player in game and out and on the forums are the best ways to works towards receiving this title. Believe me, integrity never goes unnoticed in this game...big brother is always watching lol!:satellite:

jrdevildog
10-13-2011, 01:33 PM
That's pretty cool. Im definently going to be more helpful now. Luv the idea too END FLAME WARS!

Cyberwarrior
10-16-2011, 05:48 PM
i may not be star guard material,but im always willing to help another player :beguiled:

ArtStar
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
I wants it sho bad, I'm totally jealous^
I finally met one of these guard fellows,
and his shoulder emblem looked so cool.

Artstar lvl31 engineer

<3

Lilrocket
10-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Cool i want to become an Star Guard :D

Miguel Herbert
10-22-2011, 09:31 PM
nice going, i hope y'all very happy for the achievemt yall made, and congrats

USMarinex
10-25-2011, 06:48 PM
As soon as I heard of this I immediately wanted to become a star guard I saw GHOST in UCS blackstar just now and I wanted to become one!! I'm going to start helping out the forums and the community.
If you need help or have any questions please feel free to message me at my email:USMarinex@yahoo.com
Also contact me in game(star legends) on my account:sealxreaction-lvl28 or navysealx-lvl17.

LessaMoore
10-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Congrats guys :)

CappinClutch
10-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Help people because you WANT to help people, not to be become a Star Guard...I see a lot of people being nice and helpful all of a sudden since an award has been attached to it...ulterior motives seem to have become the new motivation and it's kinda sad...what ever happened to good 'ol fashioned integrity...?

Steve1318
10-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Congrats to all star guard and guardians of alterra.

John Reis Jr.
10-30-2011, 12:51 AM
I would like to become a star gaurd i have been reporting pepole form my first day of star legends.
That's why i should become a star gaurd if u need to look up my info.Just send my a letter.
Well thanks for your time

JaytB
10-30-2011, 12:57 AM
I would like to become a star gaurd i have been reporting pepole form my first day of star legends.
That's why i should become a star gaurd if u need to look up my info.Just send my a letter.
Well thanks for your time

Just a tip, read the OP. You'll see that there's a whole lot more to becoming a SG, than just reporting people :)

LelouchX
11-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I have to agree with cappin and the many others who post along the same lines, i see way too many posts here saying how cool it is and people want the emblem. What is cool is what those who have become SG have done to deserve it. I help others for the sake of it and because others helped me when i started this game. Personally don't even want to be SG (for those that may be thinking i am typing this for that reason) because i have enough guild responsibilities, and trying to keep up with 7 toons and a PiF toon is already hard enough. If anyone truly wants to help, than hang around B* and offer tips, look through forums and try to be insightful without demeaning others for their opinions, and tell people in game to watch what they say. I've been seeing way too much foul/inappropriate language lately.

serprus
11-02-2011, 02:57 PM
I would love to become a Star Guard :) I think I am a pretty good role model to become one.

Jugernugett
11-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I would happy to become a star guard too!! :) I would appreciate it but congratulations to the- where's my spirit?? CONGRATULATIONS TO THE STAR GUARDS OF STAR LEGENDS!! ROCK ON!! :D

Opticscopez
11-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Well done everyone, you should be very proud:) Congratulations

Opticscopez
11-04-2011, 02:46 AM
I think we Should all listen to Cappinclutch, that was very important.'Dont help people just to become a star guard. Help people to guide them and don't just do it for the sake of it,do it for the love of guiding people and pushing them on further in the game

DJSKRILLEX
11-10-2011, 09:59 PM
just saying its been almost a month and no new star gaurds...... just saying.

Ardon
11-10-2011, 10:36 PM

But is there a need for new star guard?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Silentarrow
11-10-2011, 10:38 PM

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42214-Good-Thursday-SG-AoB-topic-also

SilentCat
11-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Grats to all the Star Guards. Now give me your credits. :D

AHAH ! You always make me laugh ! Aw, i'm your fan.. ;)

- Cat

ipoelji
11-16-2011, 04:25 AM
halo semua...!! salam kenal buat penggemar SL....
saya dari indonesia

XxReiReixX
11-20-2011, 10:44 PM
i nominate javier lol

Zeus
11-21-2011, 01:13 AM
i nominate javier lol

He's definitely a worthy candidate! I've seen nothing but nice and helpful posts from him! :) He has my recommendation too!

javier995
11-21-2011, 01:42 AM
i nominate javier lol

Wow thanks Rei!

He's definitely a worthy candidate! I've seen nothing but nice and helpful posts from him! :) He has my recommendation too!

Thanks Apollo!

Help people because you WANT to help people, not to be become a Star Guard...I see a lot of people being nice and helpful all of a sudden since an award has been attached to it...ulterior motives seem to have become the new motivation and it's kinda sad...what ever happened to good 'ol fashioned integrity...?

Well said bro! Help bc you want to, that's why PIF was made no? So us beta player can help out the newer players.:)

ProSophist
11-21-2011, 01:32 PM
In my opinion, in the past 2 months or so, Bodmaster is the only one the deserves the promotion in the next batch of SGs.
Too many people acting like they are SG material.

javier995
11-21-2011, 07:20 PM
In my opinion, in the past 2 months or so, Bodmaster is the only one the deserves the promotion in the next batch of SGs.
Too many people acting like they are SG material.

Are you hinting that I'm "acting" like SG material? I agree that Bod deserves it, but he isn't the only one. I had nominated 2 players anonymously, so Bod isn't the only one.

Mothwing
11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
First of all, for all those people "applying" to become a sg/goa STOP. Get it into your heads that you dont apply to become one. This may sound harsh but do any of you actually read the post? Would explain why the people asking to become one arent.

Secondly, you cant judge a person for being nice just to be nice or if theyre being nice to become a sg. Please stop assuming things. If a reward is needed for someone to change from a not-so nice person to a nice person, why not let it? Be happy that they changed. IMO, let STS decide. All these nominations arent needed. (no offense to any of you, most of you probably actually do deserve it)

EDIT: I know im gonna get a lot of hate from this post but im really tired of seeing this system being abused. Im about to unsubscribe to these posts because of all the mail i get from people "asking" to become a goa...

Kahlua
11-22-2011, 06:57 AM
First of all, for all those people "applying" to become a sg/goa STOP. Get it into your heads that you dont apply to become one. This may sound harsh but do any of you actually read the post? Would explain why the people asking to become one arent.

Secondly, you cant judge a person for being nice just to be nice or if theyre being nice to become a sg. Please stop assuming things. If a reward is needed for someone to change from a not-so nice person to a nice person, why not let it? Be happy that they changed. IMO, let STS decide. All these nominations arent needed. (no offense to any of you, most of you probably actually do deserve it)

EDIT: I know im gonna get a lot of hate from this post but im really tired of seeing this system being abused. Im about to unsubscribe to these posts because of all the mail i get from people "asking" to become a goa...

Well said.

Here's something that's been bothering me. I've noticed SOME of the Star Guards hardly even play SL...if they even play at all anymore. It's cool that they did...whatever it was that they did to earn SG status...but something earned should also be something that can be taken away. It's just further proof that people do things for the reward, and once that reward is received, they stop being so helpful. Like it was a contest and they won the prize. If you're a Star Guard, SL should be your first priority. You were picked to help the community and be there to support the developers. You were NOT picked to flash your emblem around or play Pocket Legends all day. I'm pretty sure only one SG is also a GOA, in which case I feel that people shouldn't be picked for both games because that defeats the purpose. They've already been rewarded for helping and being a good person.

I've never really been a fan of the whole Star Guard program because I think it leads to nothing but white knight posting, wannabe mods, and posts littered with links to rules, STS emails, and "use the search function" posts. I'm guilty of the search function thing because sometimes it's just annoying or if the thread was made by an STS member in the past...but just answering someone's question ALONG with saying to use the search solves so many problems. I feel that rewarding people for being helpful for a few weeks and then allowing them to just fall off the map and do whatever defeats the purpose of the 'program.' If this is supposed to be a program where they are our 'role models' and are supposed to be helpful and caring people, why does this seem more like a "Medal of Honor" program. By that I mean, they're given a reward for going "Above and beyond the call of duty" and once recognized for it...back to regular soldier life they go. They don't get promoted to General. Back to the front lines they go with the rank of a normal soldier. I always thought the Star Guard program was more than that, but if that's all it really is, then count me out. I don't need a reward badge to know how to be helpful.

BodMaster
11-22-2011, 07:19 AM

No hate from me, why would you, for voicing your opinion. Which I do mostly agree on.

I do appreciate the support (alot ;)), though there is no need to nominate, im sure STS has their sights on the next batch of honourable members. By nominating members you may lessen their chance as STS may feel they where 'forced' into giving the SG status to that member. (Which would most likely not be the case as its totally STS decision)

With the constant posts re: "I helped someone today why aren't I an SG", "Hos do you become an SG". Its just the way some people are throughout any forum, people usually read the 'Topic' of the Thread skip the whole thing and type the first thing that comes to their head from the Title.

*Bold* Not needed, could have been worded a little better. Though I know you want to get how you feel across. Hearing the same requests throughout GoA and SG threads. You just want people to just get the whole idea, and what is needed to even get suggested for this statuses.

Here's something that's been bothering me. I've noticed SOME of the Star Guards hardly even play SL...if they even play at all anymore. It's cool that they did...whatever it was that they did to earn SG status...but something earned should also be something that can be taken away.

As above it is possible, though Im not aware of any of these cases yet. STS also realise that RL needs to be considered as well, I know two I believe that are taking a break to get back on track with RL. And im sure they contacted STS to notify them.

I do see where you are coming from dont get me wrong, if you get SG then you wouldnt expect that player to spend most of there time in PL or PL Forum etc. Im not going to mention which ones, but they truly do deserve the SG title they dont act at all superior than any other member. And go above and beyond the word 'Helpful'.

Zeus
11-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Well said Kahlua. It irks me when those who have received GoA status either go inactive a few weeks later or stop helping.

Note: I'm not referring to those who had valid excuses, but to those who simply stopped playing because they achieved what they "wanted".

As for the double award, I think that an exception for Physiologic is well deserved. Granted, there is no need for having two, but that dude put his heart and soul into STS. He hasn't left because of his boredom, but because he works an extremely taxing job with long shifts.

A bit off topic, but...There is a reason why many don't wear their titles or shields in game anymore. The fact is, it changes you, intentionally or not. I had to take a good look at myself before I realized that. It's the reason why I and many others don't wear their statuses. I don't like the attention it gets me and how I'm judged on the forums for it. That's why I'm so pro towards abolishing both programs. The people who are true assets to the community will help anyway. After all, community service in real life doesn't get rewarded, so why should it in game?

Kahlua
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm in no way disrespting Physiologic. He's done so much for both games. I'm just speaking by principle for the future. Should really just be for 1 game so those picked can focus on that game and making it a better place. I have nothing but respect for people like yourself, Yanis, Physiologic, etc etc who do so much and expect nothing in return.

@Bod - thanks for pointing that out, I'll admit that I didn't read everything through before posting. I was speaking more on removing titles for inactivity. I'd expect them to remove the status if someone just started going off on people and was just being a rotten player. Then again, removing someone's status could also be viewed as unethical or something...which is why again; I think the program had good intentions but produces the wrong results.

Zeus
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm in no way disrespting Physiologic. He's done so much for both games. I'm just speaking by principle for the future. Should really just be for 1 game so those picked can focus on that game and making it a better place. I have nothing but respect for people like yourself, Yanis, Physiologic, etc etc who do so much and expect nothing in return.

@Bod - thanks for pointing that out, I'll admit that I didn't read everything through before posting. I was speaking more on removing titles for inactivity. I'd expect them to remove the status if someone just started going off on people and was just being a rotten player. Then again, removing someone's status could also be viewed as unethical or something...which is why again; I think the program had good intentions but produces the wrong results.

Statuses were removed in the past, they just covered it up extremely well.

ninjaduck
11-22-2011, 11:31 AM
idc really if the devs listen or not... i nominate Bod for being consistently kind and amazingly helpful.

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 11:40 AM
idc really if the devs listen or not... i nominate Bod for being consistently kind and amazingly helpful.

Bod would be a fantastic sg!

FluffNStuff
11-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Statuses were removed in the past, they just covered it up extremely well.

Never for inactivity, just for well, indiscretions.

Ellyidol
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
No offense Kal, but it's that perception of what SG's/GoA's are supposed to be that bothers me and pushed me to removing the label. Some, not pointing at you, seem to think that the title turns you into an STS employee of some sort. This wasn't like the AoA which one applied for, but we were chosen. IMO, if any type of expected and required responsibility came with the title, we should have at least been asked whether we wanted the title beforehand. But we weren't. Therefore to me, that just makes us no different from any player with a title and a shield as a reward.

Zeus
11-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Never for inactivity, just for well, indiscretions.

Yeah, true. I was just making a point that they have been removed before. :D

Deadbeathc
11-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Well said Kahlua. It irks me when those who have received GoA status either go inactive a few weeks later or stop helping.

Note: I'm not referring to those who had valid excuses, but to those who simply stopped playing because they achieved what they "wanted".

As for the double award, I think that an exception for Physiologic is well deserved. Granted, there is no need for having two, but that dude put his heart and soul into STS. He hasn't left because of his boredom, but because he works an extremely taxing job with long shifts.

A bit off topic, but...There is a reason why many don't wear their titles or shields in game anymore. The fact is, it changes you, intentionally or not. I had to take a good look at myself before I realized that. It's the reason why I and many others don't wear their statuses. I don't like the attention it gets me and how I'm judged on the forums for it. That's why I'm so pro towards abolishing both programs. The people who are true assets to the community will help anyway. After all, community service in real life doesn't get rewarded, so why should it in game?

Well said.

Here's something that's been bothering me. I've noticed SOME of the Star Guards hardly even play SL...if they even play at all anymore. It's cool that they did...whatever it was that they did to earn SG status...but something earned should also be something that can be taken away. It's just further proof that people do things for the reward, and once that reward is received, they stop being so helpful. Like it was a contest and they won the prize. If you're a Star Guard, SL should be your first priority. You were picked to help the community and be there to support the developers. You were NOT picked to flash your emblem around or play Pocket Legends all day. I'm pretty sure only one SG is also a GOA, in which case I feel that people shouldn't be picked for both games because that defeats the purpose. They've already been rewarded for helping and being a good person.

I've never really been a fan of the whole Star Guard program because I think it leads to nothing but white knight posting, wannabe mods, and posts littered with links to rules, STS emails, and "use the search function" posts. I'm guilty of the search function thing because sometimes it's just annoying or if the thread was made by an STS member in the past...but just answering someone's question ALONG with saying to use the search solves so many problems. I feel that rewarding people for being helpful for a few weeks and then allowing them to just fall off the map and do whatever defeats the purpose of the 'program.' If this is supposed to be a program where they are our 'role models' and are supposed to be helpful and caring people, why does this seem more like a "Medal of Honor" program. By that I mean, they're given a reward for going "Above and beyond the call of duty" and once recognized for it...back to regular soldier life they go. They don't get promoted to General. Back to the front lines they go with the rank of a normal soldier. I always thought the Star Guard program was more than that, but if that's all it really is, then count me out. I don't need a reward badge to know how to be helpful.

Well done on both of your behalf, and quite the valid point kaluha. Myself, I've only played SL for less then 2 months, and within those 2 months, I had a bad experience with a Star Guard, and it made me wonder what kind of person is this to have been labeled as a helpful player, or just been labeled enough to become a Star Guard, just to appear somewhat 'two-faced'. Or even have the occasional slip up with a private smack talking conversation about other players. It just irks me so that some just seemingly went for the title and are helpful on occasion, and then go about being a 'norm' of the community.

Of course, they shouldn't just be wearing their emblem so its just part of their ensemble, then go 'AFK' in Black Star, or even just completely shirk players entirely. It does (to me at least) seem some may just go after the SG just for the title and just continue forth being a normal player soon after. Some will always work so hard on the surface to get an exceptional title, but once they receive said title, they shirk their responsibilities entirely, and some will just work hard, because they want to be a true genuine player and help the community without reward.

Kahlua
11-22-2011, 12:22 PM
No offense Kal, but it's that perception of what SG's/GoA's are supposed to be that bothers me and pushed me to removing the label. Some, not pointing at you, seem to think that the title turns you into an STS employee of some sort. This wasn't like the AoA which one applied for, but we were chosen. IMO, if any type of expected and required responsibility came with the title, we should have at least been asked whether we wanted the title beforehand. But we weren't. Therefore to me, that just makes us no different from any player with a title and a shield as a reward.
None taken lol.
I see it like this: People should continue to be helpful...TO AN EXTENT. Assisting others with questions, helping them out in game, and VAGUELY(by this I mean suggesting things, not copy/pasting the rules and scolding like you're being paid to do so) pointing people in the right direction is what I think a Star Guard should do before and after selection. Going around preaching the rules, acting like a player moderator, dissecting every post for things that could be offensive or negative and saying that etc etc etc isn't allowed is what I think is NOT what a Star Guard should do, and sadly I see more and more people doing this on forums thinking this is helping and is what STS wants us all to be like. We have mods for a reason. We don't enforce the rules, we merely follow them. Some people understand the difference; some don't.

Again, I stand behind abolishing the program completely. Any time you have a reward for behaving a certain way, you're gonna get problems. It's a shame, and I don't even know if it's a greed thing, but as Apollo said; giving power to people, be it actual power (player mods) or implied power (current Star Guards), is a dangerous thing, and often leads to more problems then it solves. I can actually say I've lost good (internet) friends due to then gaining rank on me and changing for the worst.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I'm very outspoken (everyone in my family is) and I tend to get too 'involved' in things I feel strongly about. Someone please tell me if I'm getting out of line.

Mothwing
11-22-2011, 01:31 PM
None taken lol.
I see it like this: People should continue to be helpful...TO AN EXTENT. Assisting others with questions, helping them out in game, and VAGUELY(by this I mean suggesting things, not copy/pasting the rules and scolding like you're being paid to do so) pointing people in the right direction is what I think a Star Guard should do before and after selection. Going around preaching the rules, acting like a player moderator, dissecting every post for things that could be offensive or negative and saying that etc etc etc isn't allowed is what I think is NOT what a Star Guard should do, and sadly I see more and more people doing this on forums thinking this is helping and is what STS wants us all to be like. We have mods for a reason. We don't enforce the rules, we merely follow them. Some people understand the difference; some don't.

Again, I stand behind abolishing the program completely. Any time you have a reward for behaving a certain way, you're gonna get problems. It's a shame, and I don't even know if it's a greed thing, but as Apollo said; giving power to people, be it actual power (player mods) or implied power (current Star Guards), is a dangerous thing, and often leads to more problems then it solves. I can actually say I've lost good (internet) friends due to then gaining rank on me and changing for the worst.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I'm very outspoken (everyone in my family is) and I tend to get too 'involved' in things I feel strongly about. Someone please tell me if I'm getting out of line.

This really got me thinking, and thanks for another great post Kal. IMO, Star guards and sg's should only serve the purpose of pointing members in the right direction, not telling us what to do (not that any of you do). If we choose not to take their advice then so be it. Its our loss. But i dont think a guard's job is to always be responsible for everyones actions. They should just be our guidance. They're roll models not police officers.

EDIT: And no Kal, youre the opposite of out of line. If we feel strongly about something we have the right to express our opinion. I feel the same way you do, that the system, or program i should say, is being abused for a status symbol. Again, not all guards are like this in fact very few of you are. But i can say this, nobodys perfect and i have had my choice moments with some of you. Im not pointing fingers and i have gotten over it. None of you should get demoted.

EDIT2: And really, this is all over a game. I think, and im guilty of this too, that some of us take things a little too seriously sometimes, especially for a game. I know its online and all that, and there IS going to be drama, but i think we need to slow down, take a deep breath, and think on the other side of things before we blabber all our defensive words.

(excuse my typing its hard on an ipod touch :P)

CappinClutch
11-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Everyone. Just. Play.

Zeus
11-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Everyone. Just. Play.

There we go! :)

NYCFanMan
11-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Confrats to the people who are SG

Zombiemurder
11-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Ever since I heard about star guard and found Wat it means I wanted to be one but I've realized that being nice and just being able to play the game r a nice enough reward. Also congratulations to all the star guard from past present and future u all deserve it

Techquake
11-30-2011, 08:27 AM
OOHH!!! I want to be a star guard. Must be helpful and nice!!!

LelouchX
12-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I now remember why i stopped looking at this thread to begin with, and I'm going to fight the temptation to check here again next time it pops in my head..... Not to be offensive to anyone here, as i either know most of the posters here from the game or the forums, but after l read new posts i either get bothered or get a sense of de ja vu. I see valid points all over the place, but from my perspective, its just a bunch of posts that seem similar to the ones i read last month when i checked this thread, of people agreeing or kindly disagreeing with each other, with the random "how do i get in SG" thrown in. well, that's just how i feel, and i only post it bc i was planning to comment on another post (quoted below), not to cause problems. i'll also say that my opinion above is not personally directed at the poster i quote below.

Myself, I've only played SL for less then 2 months, and within those 2 months, I had a bad experience with a Star Guard, and it made me wonder what kind of person is this to have been labeled as a helpful player, or just been labeled enough to become a Star Guard, just to appear somewhat 'two-faced'.
Hmmm, well, i have not seen ALL the SG in game, but i have seen some and have either some sort of communication with them on forums or seen there posts. All of them have be helpful players from where i stand. I've seen it in game for some, and on forums for all. So i will have to kindly disagree with you on this one.

Justinjspark
12-26-2011, 03:57 AM
21 gun salute to all star gaurds xD

Crilon
01-09-2012, 08:53 PM
A great idea, but I have never seen a star guard in the game. The this is probably because not many people know about it, so you should consider more advertisement.

javier995
01-09-2012, 09:03 PM
A great idea, but I have never seen a star guard in the game. The this is probably because not many people know about it, so you should consider more advertisement.

Actually quite a few people know about it, even tho they don't use the forums. Although i have only seen Eb and Oct lately, I'm guessing the others have some problems in life ATM.

Mothwing
01-17-2012, 09:36 PM

Theyre not seen in game because theres so few of them. And for a reason. Its an honor to be a Guardian. Its not like a guild, its more of a promotion.

Jugernugett
01-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Urrr...

Silentarrow
01-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Theyre not seen in game because theres so few of them. And for a reason. Its an honor to be a Guardian. Its not like a guild, its more of a promotion.

Not really a "promotion" either. I see no point in advertising Star Guards because really Star Guards are players that STS say thank you too :).

Cahaun
01-17-2012, 10:49 PM
The lack of Star Guardians as you state is not because alot of players don't know about it. To advertise it is to punch a hornet's nest. Think of it. If players acted the way they are. Themselves. Their personality. It'd be a lot easier to find the ones that'll help for no reward. IF they advertise people would change their normal personalities as if a dev is spying on them to see if they are qualified for SG.

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 02:06 AM
IMO they should have a GoA or SG vote if they are going to have GoA or SG. People can do nominations and top nominations will be choices for poll. I think this could actually prove that the player being chosen has been helpful for a while, so less people who just answer a bunch of threads without reading them for a week get chosen. A lot of people repeat things and get chosen. They dont mean to but they dont check to see if the thread was already answered. These are the people who get chosen for GoA or SG that just do it for the shield. If someone does it for the shield I dont think they should get it. P.S. "No fingers pointed at anyone."

Silentarrow
01-18-2012, 07:23 AM
IMO they should have a GoA or SG vote if they are going to have GoA or SG. People can do nominations and top nominations will be choices for poll. I think this could actually prove that the player being chosen has been helpful for a while, so less people who just answer a bunch of threads without reading them for a week get chosen. A lot of people repeat things and get chosen. They dont mean to but they dont check to see if the thread was already answered. These are the people who get chosen for GoA or SG that just do it for the shield. If someone does it for the shield I dont think they should get it. P.S. "No fingers pointed at anyone."

I think the current selection process is fine the way it is. Being a Star Guards isn't like being the president, as in they don't have any responsibilitys. Star Guards are players who are thanked by STS if they were voted for that would really undermine the whole program IMHO.

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 10:23 AM
The program still exists...... news to me

Ebalere
01-18-2012, 10:32 AM
The program still exists...... news to me

Lol

Just yesterday the 3 remaining SG were in Blackstar answering questions and hangin out, It made me start thinking about new SG coming.. Unfortunately my top picks were you, Bod, and Cappin, and it seems both of ya have moved on..

Sure hope you make your way back to Blackstar soon and come say hi. It ain't the same!

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Awesome! Sounds like it was a Blast! You, Ghost and Hellcharger I'm guessing? ;)

I'm sure I will, still going to Cap Bod, just not all my other alts lol. Been moving around a lot lately so not had time to focus on much except the other forum I'm on currently.

MimeRifle
01-18-2012, 10:41 AM
...Been moving around a lot lately so not had time to focus on much except the other forum I'm on currently.

Yeah? Which one might that be?? :smiley_simmons: (Oh, I'm having a fun game of "Jump All Bod's Posts" today! I guess I do have some real troll in me!! I'll stop now... I know it's already getting a little stalky... lol!)

octavos
01-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I think the current selection process is fine the way it is. Being a Star Guards isn't like being the president, as in they don't have any responsibilitys. Star Guards are players who are thanked by STS if they were voted for that would really undermine the whole program IMHO.

CORRECT! we have done most if not all these things (Listed below) even before the SG program was introduced. IMO i see this as guidelines which I fallow. i dont post here unless i see a very valid point or thought i support, if i dont agree I dont post. but as far as a "Promotion" no its not, (edited because ppl were offend, sorry). Many ppl i see are my friends and have had great chats with but if there was always a question, I was there to help :p

• Helping to keep the game forums/ingame clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars. (this is what I do most of the time)

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 10:56 AM
CORRECT!

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.(tick)

• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars. (this is what I do most of the time) (tick)

• Helping to other users on the Spacetime Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com.(tick)

• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.(tick)

• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.(tick)

What gives? ;)

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah? Which one might that be?? :smiley_simmons: (Oh, I'm having a fun game of "Jump All Bod's Posts" today! I guess I do have some real troll in me!! I'll stop now... I know it's already getting a little stalky... lol!)

Lmaoo! I would of Thanked you but I'm all out now :p

octavos
01-18-2012, 10:58 AM
What gives? ;)

IDk, im not a dev lol

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 10:59 AM
IDk, im not a dev lol

Lmao! Only messing :D

LelouchX
01-18-2012, 10:59 AM

edited........................LMAO

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 11:11 AM
bod loves being stalked on the forums, no worries lol

Shhh its a secret only meant for your eyes/ears only Louchie-pooo <3

octavos
01-18-2012, 11:18 AM

O.O sounds like a discussion for a different thread lol!!!! hahahahahahahaha
:ghost:

Redbridge
01-18-2012, 11:20 AM

...or a different kind of forum..... Hehe

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 11:29 AM

...or a different kind of forum..... Hehe

LMAO! Your both just jealous :O

Well said buddy, very true to forums!

"I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand"

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I might be going a little off-line here but I'll say my opinion. I like things if they are equal. Where everyone gets equality. Which includes equal praise. I don't think SG or GoA should exist. A lot of people who want to get GoA or SG just do it mostly to brag and for the title and last the in-game item. Even some chosen GoA and SG are bragging. I even prefer people who just disappear after they get it instead of people who brag. I don't think these programs should exist.

Silentarrow
01-18-2012, 04:26 PM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/8cd40917.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/10ab5f91.jpg

Silentarrow
01-18-2012, 04:35 PM
I might be going a little off-line here but I'll say my opinion. I like things if they are equal. Where everyone gets equality. Which includes equal praise. I don't think SG or GoA should exist. A lot of people who want to get GoA or SG just do it mostly to brag and for the title and last the in-game item. Even some chosen GoA and SG are bragging. I even prefer people who just disappear after they get it instead of people who brag. I don't think these programs should exist.

Honestly, I've never seen any SG's bragging about their title.

Snakespeare
01-18-2012, 04:40 PM

Swim, I think the only reason the program exists is because we petitioned the devs for Royce to get a PL Shield. I didn't ask for it. One day I got an email from Asommers saying "I have a gift for you". I don't even know why. I immediately wrote, "I sure hope you gave one to Royce"! Then recommended a few people, of course.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I know for sure that the shield can be taken away. If you can tell me in a PM about any bragging or "lording it over other people" that you see a Guardian do, please PM me and I'll bring it to the attentions of the devs.

The Guardians are supposed to set an example. We aren't required to do anything, but our behavior can result in the honor being taken away.

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/8cd40917.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/10ab5f91.jpg

*Stalked Alert* Confused by this tho, did I miss something?

Redbridge
01-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Couldn't have put it better than Snakespeare above really....

Swim, if you see any of the GoA's (or SG's I suppose but can't say as not on SL atm) bragging or showing off then I'm sure they would welcome a sharp poke and let them know they're acting uncool....

A reality check is often all that's needed to bring a levitating GoA back down to ground with a bump, although it should never be a reoccurring theme. Standards are standards are standards.

Feel free to give me a poke in the ribs if needed, we're all human and sometimes we do need one. Could you try not to use anything sharp though.

Silentarrow
01-18-2012, 05:55 PM
*Stalked Alert* Confused by this tho, did I miss something?

Just joining in on the fad :).

Bod is now more stalked than Samhayne ;).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29037-Stalking-Samhayne-*Sinister-Grin*&highlight=Stalking+Samhayne

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Just joining in on the fad :).

Bod is now more stalked than Samhayne ;).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29037-Stalking-Samhayne-*Sinister-Grin*&highlight=Stalking+Samhayne

Lmao! Nice catch, I remember being this one and lookin to Necro it :p

AnthonyHarvey
01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Gratz, but how do i apply?

octavos
01-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Gratz, but how do i apply?

heres a link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44158-Ask-a-quot-Stargaurd-GoA-quot-tips-and-tricks-to-be-one-p

but its no application process, but if ppl love what you do....then you can be one, and devs choose you.

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 06:31 PM
heres a link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44158-Ask-a-quot-Stargaurd-GoA-quot-tips-and-tricks-to-be-one-p

but its no application process, but if ppl love what you do....then you can be one, and devs choose you.

That's the quickest I've ever seen you ninja, I was typing a post out, then realised it said go to next page haha

octavos
01-18-2012, 06:34 PM
That's the quickest I've ever seen you ninja, I was typing a post out, then realised it said go to next page haha

I aim to please my dear friend lol

Zolum
01-22-2012, 10:06 PM
I've been wanting to be a star guard as well. I made a lvl 10 engineer so I could heal up the new guys. Then they can lvl easier. You know how it was was u were new. I should probably do more things to help out though. Maybe I could go to ucs servers and answer questions. If anyone sees any one of my charatcers online, feel free to ask a question. I usually pvp but I have time to help out if needed. You can friend my charatcers shown on my signature. So long for now.

Rawrimafish
01-23-2012, 08:26 AM
When do new people get "elected" for SG?
@ Zolum is LVE right? or is it LVL?

BodMaster
01-23-2012, 08:03 PM

When StS want to thank a member for all their hardwork in/put game.

Buffedbear Pl
01-24-2012, 08:34 PM

I think its supposed to be LVL as in Level 15, but it could mean anything.

Good luck getting SG guys!

Zolum
01-27-2012, 10:08 AM
LVL= level (so lvl 15 means level 15)

Vixenxgirl
02-01-2012, 11:25 PM

What are they? Simply put, Star Guard are players of Star Legends and contributing members of the community that have distinguished themselves as a valuable player to both Spacetime Studios and to other Star Legends players.

How do I become a Star Guard? Star Guard are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and ha
ve generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:

(In no particular order)

Octavos
CanonicalKoi
IBNobody
Physiologic
Ebalere
Zaltiar

Congratulations!!

--------------------

Omg really I want to become a star guard legends I would love it plz give me some more details on how I can apply for this position thank you woooo star legends is my fab game I love playing it on my iPad I've been playing this game for a while now and it only took me 2 weeks to get to lvl40 I can't wait to get to 41 so I can use that awesome arbiter coat for my custOm gear I have. Wooooo star legends best game ever... It's my addiction thank you for playing this game so fun and social

Vixenxgirl
02-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Wow congrats to everyone that's made it and becoming a star guard that's an awesome title maybe one day I can be one if I'm lucky :)

LelouchX
02-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Omg really I want to become a star guard legends I would love it plz give me some more details on how I can apply for this position

read the post you quoted, that's how

Vixenxgirl
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM

(In no particular order)

Octavos
CanonicalKoi
IBNobody
Physiologic
Ebalere
Zaltiar

Congratulations!!

--------------------

I want to become a star guard plz what do we have to do to become one

javier995
02-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I want to become a star guard plz what do we have to do to become one

First of you do this.

Second you don't keep asking about it lol.

Third just help?

For those who just want to be SG:
If you help just to get the SG title/vanity, i really don't think you should even get it. Help to help, not to become an SG.

They (the SGs) helped BC they like helping, thus they where rewarded with it. I'm not saying its a guarantee that you'll get it, but it may happen.

Anyways, good luck if you try and be one!:D
Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

Vixenxgirl
02-06-2012, 04:30 AM

Okay thank u for leting me know

Vixenxgirl
02-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Don't beg... try being helpful and Devs will maybe choose you.

Lmao no I'm not begging sweetie I just wanted to know how u could become one but thanks for letting me know.

Vixenxgirl
02-06-2012, 04:33 AM
First of you do this.

Second you don't keep asking about it lol.

Third just help?

For those who just want to be SG:
If you help just to get the SG title/vanity, i really don't think you should even get it. Help to help, not to become an SG.

They (the SGs) helped BC they like helping, thus they where rewarded with it. I'm not saying its a guarantee that you'll get it, but it may happen.

Anyways, good luck if you try and be one!:D
Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

Ayyyy que malo okay thanks for the heads up :)

octavos
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Ayyyy que malo okay thanks for the heads up :)
No es porque de malo, el te quiere ayudar. Si toda via estas perdida...yo hice hesto http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44158-Ask-a-quot-Stargaurd-GoA-quot-tips-and-tricks-to-be-one-p good luck....devs are everywhere :p

Rawrimafish
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM
No hablo espanol (I was told it wasnt hablan :()

morfic
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I have just made Vixen Star Guard.

Congrats!

Aculeas
02-09-2012, 03:58 PM
*supernovas whatever star these people are guarding*

Vixenxgirl
02-15-2012, 06:00 PM
I have just made Vixen Star Guard.

Congrats!

Lmao ur so funny my lil pwine u make u smile ur awesome.

Gala-x
02-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Ah...star guard. the most epic emblem in the game. You developers are awesome.

Rawrimafish
02-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Ah...star guard. the most epic emblem in the game. You developers are awesome.

Normaly when I see people say "Ah..." I naturaly think their scared but its ok because I remember their not scared...just relaxin?
!!!sdrawkcab kaeps I
(I speak backwards!!!)

Gala-x
03-05-2012, 07:05 AM
oooooookay....odd. just sayin it looks cool. cause like...its a star...on your shoulder!

zhiekzfear
03-05-2012, 07:47 AM
can i be a star guardian? i'll be a good boy if that's what needed to be done, weeeeeeeeee
we rock...

Gala-x
03-06-2012, 05:45 PM
i very highly doubt they make star guard upon request. I recall someone saying you gotta be helpful to the community, both ingame, and on the forums. hope this helped aswell.

mahdi12243
03-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Oh i wish i get it but for that now i have to work hard:cool::o:o:o:o:o

Commanderkeen
03-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi guys and gals if you are really interested in helping ppl I suggest that you appile for Ambassadors of Blackstar (AoB). It is a STS ran organization deticaded to helping people in game and on the forums. If you are interested in joining this program click on the link below.

Click here to applie for AoB: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?80-Star-Legends-Ambassador-Applications

Crilon
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Does the "Star Guard" symbol transfer to the player's alternative accounts as well?

Commanderkeen
03-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Does the "Star Guard" symbol transfer to the player's alternative accounts as well?

Yes it does they can wear the emblem on any toon they want.