PDA

View Full Version : The E.B.A. (Enemies and Bosses Annhilated) build!

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 03:01 PM
( The E.B.A. Build )

Alright Guys, I updated my build for Lv.35 Operative, with both the Mysterious Figure and trash mobs in mind. I'm a pure Dex Operative Lv.30, wearing full custom bladetech and the plat Op weapons, the Bandit's Double Strike. I am using the Lv.35 platinum damage implant. I prefer to play right behind the tank, pistols blazing, so this build is pretty offensive. Be warned, you will need a good supply of stims/energy to run this build, although a Pistol/Shield combo works great too. I wanted something different than other Ops, and wanted to make use of the new skill, precision. So let's begin...

Attribute Placement

Ok so, I know it doesn't really make much of a difference now, but I'm hoping that I won't need to respec again and I'm hoping being a pure Dex build will benefit me in the future. This is simple, place all gained attribute points into dex. Once again, pure offensive skill build, no regens or anything so you must play skillfully as an op, avoiding aggro, supplying yourself with stims, and choosing well-run groups.

The Skill Point Placement

Mind Wrack - 6 Points - Why?: Good range, short cooldown, and Mind Wrack does incredible damage when it crits. With precision and amplify pain in effect I have anywhere from 75-89 crit depending on gear. Therefore, making Mind Wrack crit is almost a sure thing. Major workhorse skill here.

Flames of Insanity - 6 Points - Why?: Not only do you look totally B.A. shooting fire from your face, but the stun effect and short cooldown make this a no brainer for me. I added 5 points to get the damage to 10 per tick, which is nice when you're fighting a boss, you can burn em and then lay into them with a nice combo. Again, with Precision/Amplify in effect, this skill is capable of doing a good chunk of damage as well, and makes use of multiple crit chances over 4 seconds, important when you only have 10 seconds of Precision. Also, feel free to switch this skill out for sympathetic anguish, or regen, depending on your play style.

Lurch - 2 Points - Why?: Ahhh Lurch, old friend... This skill is highly useful and can also be highly abused. I use Lurch after I do a combo and possibly gain aggro from a miniboss or vular, and then back up and let the tank take aggro back while my skills cool a bit. In the new campaign this skill is vital for Ops in the last dungeon, as it keeps the enemies off of the terminal in the final fight.

Amplify Pain - 6 Points - Why?: Amplify pain to me is like a mini Precision skill, but the cooldown is only 8 seconds and works well in conjunction with Mind Wrack, which has a 6 second cooldown. I have this going constantly, as it gives +10 crit, and +15 damage to the caster, and -120 armor to targeted mob. I you have a high DPS set-up, this works amazingly well.

Neural Shock - 6 Points - Why?: 7 second cooldown, should always be ready after you cast Mind Wrack, and debuffs the target -20 and -4 crit, which is very helpful against heavy hitters such as director, guardian, vulars, McGirk, etc.. Also has a 12m range, nice to cast for the tank as he heads into battle ahead of you.

Precision - 6 Points - Why?: Ok, lots of controversy on the usefulness of Precision, with a 60 sec. cooldown and only 10 second buff. If you do alot of grinding and or farming runs, you know how important it is to fly thru minis/bosses. Also, sometimes I find myself having taken a wrong turn in a run, and end up surrounded by 4-5 mobs. Any Op knows how dangerous this situation can be, and that's a place where this build shines. Cast Precision, Amp, start auto attacking and being sure to keep switching targets as the mobs drop like flies. Throw in a Mind Wrack and Switch to skill set #1 (explained later), and you are soon back on the right path, safe and sound.

Psychic Lash - 1 Point - Why?: Just for the root, simple as that. Use root to slow mobs progress to the terminal, use it if you get rushed.

Psychic Binding - 2 Points - Why?: The 50% slow effect is nice to take a little pressure when you're getting attacked by 4-5 or more mobs, also handy in final boss battle, you can never be too prepared.

I believe The regen skill to be fairly useless during fast paced runs, as well as Sympathetic Anguish. When you're ripping through mobs so fast, Symp barely if ever gets a chance to jump, and doesn't do enough damage to warrant taking points out of another skill, since the others all have their place in my build. Feel free to mess around with the build to compliment your playstyle as well. I know some people hate Flames of Insanity, but with 89 crit it seems to be very handy.

How to level it

I need to figure this out still since I respecced when we saw what the MF was like to fight.

How to Use the Build Effectively/Skill Placement

Trash mobs - Save precision unless you are alone and in trouble. The cooldown is too long to get caught without it when you need it. I will cast Amplify Pain, Mind Wrack, Flames, and then cast my debuffs as I clean up mobs one by one.
keep auto firing the whole time, making sure to change targets as the mobs die. If it's a big group of mobs, Amplify should be cooled down and ready to go again to clean up the leftovers, providing you timed your skills right. Remember in Sloucho to ALWAYS go for the paparazzi droids first, as their Blinding flash can get annoying quickly, and a good Op can dispose of one even quicker.

Heavy Hitters/Mini Bosses - For the bigger, harder hitting enemies, I will cast Debuffs, Precision, Amplify Pain, Mind Wrack, and then Lurch. I use Lurch only if I can place the enemy against a wall or in a corner, or if I gain aggro. you can cast Protection again if it cools in time, but I seriously doubt it will take you longer than 60 seconds to kill any large enemy besides a boss.

Bosses -It's easy for an Op to hold aggro on the Mysterious Figure and keep him off the terminal with Lurch, I prefer to handle the MF while the commando CC's the adds. Use your Crit buffs first and then repeatedly blast him with FoS and Mind Wrack along with your constant debuffs and auto attacks to dispose of him and the other bosses. Use Lurch if the Figure starts acking the terminal. Switch targets and knock mobs off in a similar fashion if you have to.

Well, there you have it! Feel free to post any alterations to the build below, so like minded players can try different variations. I'm super happy with this build, especially against bosses. I have a feeling it could work quite good in PvP as well, with the maxed buffs and solid debuffs, as well as some heavy hitting skills and DoT. Good Luck hunting, and PM me in game if you need any help. Thanks for reading.:encouragement:

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 03:08 PM
WOW!! how time u spent to write all this?!

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Took me about half an hour to type out, been working on the build and strategy for a while now. Hope you give it a try!

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 03:15 PM
its really,really,really,really helpfull and precise!!! Good work!!Very good work! mind if i print it to have it next to me every time i play SL?

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I'd be honored! I'll be doing more guides in the future, so stay tuned!

GigaBits
09-20-2011, 03:19 PM
just wanted to say looks like a heck of a dps build. Personally, I agree with not using the regen skill but I just donKt seem to be able to manage my mana consumption without significant stim usage. I do tend to spam my skills a lot, tho, so maybe that's my
issue.

Another thought on lurch vs psychic lash or binding is placement, just like commandos( and bears I guess) putting them towards a wall is preferable to sending them flying down a path. In numa prime specifically and some sloucho maps this could drop them into a group of enemies. On the other hand, psychic lash and binding are only roots, so ranged mobs aren't really slowed down.

My personal choice was to balance flames and psychic lash for aggro management. I don't use lurch but my op is 24, so I may pick it up.

Thanks again for a great build idea

EDIT: okay so I skimmed over the playstyles and you did mention the lurch into a wall bit, sorry =)

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Ok... u can make one for dex birds... i would be glad for some help... But i am still suprised with ur work! its awesomeriffic!! Loved it! x1000000000000

Ayc2000
09-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Nice! I'm definitely using this for my op :)

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
EEEEEEEEE!!! I love how you all are diggin my first guide! Makes me want to contribute more. Hoex, I could write a guide on archers, but to be honest, I doubt I could outdo Phys, he's been a mentor for me as far as birds go. I might write one up in my own style one day, but for now I'd like to focus on Star Legends, I'm having alot more fun in space hehe

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 03:30 PM
For commando plz!... lol its my best class... and i could need some help in the built up.... All SL will be glad to have u as a guidor ; )

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Well, my friend Skavenger is planning on writing a build guide for commandos soon, and he is one of the best commandos I've played with, so stay on the lookout for that. If by chance his lv.30 build is alot different than mine, I may write one. can never have enough builds to experiment with!

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 03:38 PM
o ok.... Thnx... U re being very helpfull... and with the thread and with the informations u giving:)

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 03:40 PM
I try my best! add me in game if you need any help buddy :D

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 03:41 PM
whats ur name in SL to add u?

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm mostly on my op, Ebalere, but I also have Chaos, engineer, and Hercules, Commando. and a few other twinks.

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 03:47 PM
ill ad Ebalere... thanks for all;)

TitanFusion
09-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Nice. Period.

GigaBits
09-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Hehehe, I've been wanting to do some engie guides but noneo and Kamikazee pretty much have the market cornered, atm. I feel how you do concerning dex birds. What could I possibly add that hasn't been said better by smarter people than me. XD

skavenger216
09-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Great guide ebalere! A very detailed and informative guide, will be using this build on my op when i start working on him. For anyone interested, I posted a commando guide, in a similar format, in the commando section.

Gunfu
09-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Impressive, detailed, and comprehensive guide. All I have to do now is reset skills as soon as im able to buy more plat!
Every Op lover will be stoked after reading this guide! I mean, who doesn't want to maximize damage?
Great work Ebalere.

Gun

Moogerfooger
09-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Similar to my build, but I find Flames of Insanity pretty useless except for its occasional stun, compared to the regen of Inner Focus

Ebalere
09-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Similar to my build, but I find Flames of Insanity pretty useless except for its occasional stun, compared to the regen of Inner Focus

I find FoI pretty handy when it crits, and using it on a weaker mob and then switching targets works pretty well. Like I said in the guide, I'd rather pop a stim than have any points in a skill that doesnt affect damage output, as it is a pure damage build.

That being said, Moog, I appreciate the feedback, and suggest to anyone who wants to save some money or be more well rounded to follow Moog's advice. FoI is the one skill on my build I could swap out for another (dodge, regen, sympathetic anguish) and not really affect the whole idea too much.

Thanks again for your suggestion Moog, and thanks Gunfu!

Moogerfooger
09-22-2011, 06:06 PM
It's not a money issue for stims (although I am pretty poor in SL) it's just one less thing to worry about in the middle of a fight :) I wish Flames was an AoE attack or it'd be a no-brainer. I did up Neural Shock and dumb down Sympathetic Anguish based on yr build suggestion. I am always pure damage in PL, but with stims being less effective it seems in SL, it is nice to have a slight boost from Inner Focus, being semi-squishy and all.

Ebalere
09-22-2011, 06:16 PM
It's not a money issue for stims (although I am pretty poor in SL) it's just one less thing to worry about in the middle of a fight :) I wish Flames was an AoE attack or it'd be a no-brainer. I did up Neural Shock and dumb down Sympathetic Anguish based on yr build suggestion. I am always pure damage in PL, but with stims being less effective it seems in SL, it is nice to have a slight boost from Inner Focus, being semi-squishy and all.

Ahh ,you raise a good point. I'll edit this into my build if you don't mind?

Moogerfooger
09-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Ahh ,you raise a good point. I'll edit this into my build if you don't mind?

It's a free forum, I don't "own" any info here, right? :p plus it is one of those things that is just personal choice. In PL I am pure dex/all damage because pots are cheap...not so much in SL. If I had more cash, I probably would do the same as you :)

Physiologic
09-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Great build, very similar to mine, but you wouldn't opt to place a few points into Symp Anguish? It's a skill that does deal a single damage (despite its random chance to tick more damage), so not including it at all would be like getting rid of an extra punch altogether.

Ebalere
10-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Great build, very similar to mine, but you wouldn't opt to place a few points into Symp Anguish? It's a skill that does deal a single damage (despite its random chance to tick more damage), so not including it at all would be like getting rid of an extra punch altogether.

Wow, I'm glad you like it Phys, and yeah, if someone wanted to take a few points out of flames or something and add a few into symp, it would still be a solid build, I just wanted to maximize my skills that I was using and having only 6 skills allows me to set up my combos I like to use more easily. I have to still do some tweaking, my other operative will most likely have a much different build by the time I'm done hehe

Ghosti
10-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Very smart build. I respecd following ur point setup and love it. No cooldowns + lethal dots? Amazing

Deathpunch
10-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Dang, killa better get in here, she has forgotten to thank a few more of your random posts.

Ebalere
10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm updating this to a level 36 build tonight, and rewriting some strategies to better coincide with the new campaign. Stay tuned, This revised build is going to be deadly! Even more high damage dealin', single target shootin, DPS excessiveness comin your way tonight!

Zraorizer
11-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Is the flame of insanity suppose to be 6 or 5 because on the picture it show's 6 and on post you said 5, sow which one is it?

Zeus
11-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Is the flame of insanity suppose to be 6 or 5 because on the picture it show's 6 and on post you said 5, sow which one is it?

It's 6, buddy. :) If I'm not mistaken.

Ebalere
01-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Lv.41 PvE build coming, as well as a few twink builds if I have time. I had a brainfart and thought this was current.. too much grinding! @_@

Zraorizer
01-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Looking forward to your new build Eba

doomednoob
01-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Looks very solid. Although being an engie type myself maybe a couple points in my regen rather than so many in flames. I'm only level 6 now, and I gotta cap my engie, so by the time the 41 is out I should be set.

Great guide!