PDA

View Full Version : Balance in classes (Pvp aimed but also applies to pve)

Zerious
09-20-2011, 05:16 PM
So we know how in pvp, the lower levels are dominated by bears because of their damage from rage. and It evens out between the classes once all chars have unlocked their skills (22-26 is about the most balanced bracket in all pvp IMO).

My proposal is if the order of skills unlocked matched the counterparts of the other classes. an example: birds and bears learn restore the same level elves would learn heal. Or rage and focus match blessing of might, iron blood and evade match blessing of vitality, etc.

I'll get into it more depending on how many peeps approve.

I also have Sun who suggested that buffs be increased based on a percentage rather than a fixed amount :eagerness: I like it, what about you guys?

CrimsonTider
09-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Actually a good idea Zerious. I think it does affect the lower level pvp realms that a bear can have over 30 crit while the other classes are waiting to hit the higher levels before they can use the same buff. Of course, those which have pvp'ed at thisblevel for a long time and are established may disagree.

WhoIsThis
09-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Important to remember that any balances to PvP twinking must also take into account that PvE will be affected. Any changes should consider this, as everyone is forced to PvE, while only a small portion PvP.

Zerious
09-20-2011, 09:52 PM
@tider, I happen to be one of those "here for a long time and established" twinks :)

@whoisthis, As i stated in the title....

Zerious
09-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Can we get more inputs? I wanna try to broaden the chances of something like this happening :D

Sun
09-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I've thought about this for a while, and I think the best way to solve it in the long term would be for all buffs to increase damage and crit by a percent, rather than a flat amount. This would even out the playing field at both low and high levels of pvp. It's a little ridiculous as it is...when I pop my rank 6 rage at level 10, my critical hits in pvp jump from the 20-30 range to 100-120. That's like a 500% damage increase. I can't really speak for high level pvp, but I'm assuming that the effect is a LOT less noticeable. If the level cap continues to increase without buffs being changed, then eventually rage and other class respective buffs will provide an extremely negligible benefit in terms of damage, and hardly be worth using.

If they were instead to increase damage and crit by a percent, it would drastically improve scaling in all aspects of pvp. And so damage wouldn't get too ridiculous end game, perhaps putting a cap on the amount of damage each buff can grant you based on your level may be a good idea.

Heroelite
09-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I've thought about this for a while, and I think the best way to solve it in the long term would be for all buffs to increase damage and crit by a percent, rather than a flat amount. This would even out the playing field at both low and high levels of pvp. It's a little ridiculous as it is...when I pop my rank 6 rage at level 10, my critical hits in pvp jump from the 20-30 range to 100-120. That's like a 500% damage increase. I can't really speak for high level pvp, but I'm assuming that the effect is a LOT less noticeable. If the level cap continues to increase without buffs being changed, then eventually rage and other class respective buffs will provide an extremely negligible benefit in terms of damage, and hardly be worth using.

If they were instead to increase damage and crit by a percent, it would drastically improve scaling in all aspects of pvp. And so damage wouldn't get too ridiculous end game, perhaps putting a cap on the amount of damage each buff can grant you based on your level may be a good idea.
Yes increasing buffs by a percent is a good idea

Zerious
09-22-2011, 09:58 PM
So we know how in pvp, the lower levels are dominated by bears because of their damage from rage. and It evens out between the classes once all chars have unlocked their skills (22-26 is about the most balanced bracket in all pvp IMO).

My proposal is if the order of skills unlocked matched the counterparts of the other classes. an example: birds and bears learn restore the same level elves would learn heal. Or rage and focus match blessing of might, iron blood and evade match blessing of vitality, etc.

I'll get into it more depending on how many peeps approve.

:eagerness: I like it, what about you guys? Updated OP

Zeubermensch
11-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Good idea Zerious! +1

protectorofnoobs
11-20-2011, 01:23 AM
my full support for both you and sun :)
the buffs idea is awesome and i would love to see som balancing in the lower levels

Elitephonix
11-20-2011, 02:18 AM
Great idea

MightyMicah
11-21-2011, 06:23 AM
I like it alot! Good thinking

Zerious
11-24-2011, 04:12 AM
Wonders when a dev will come and either crush/make my dreams (come true) on this thread