PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Frequently Asked Questions/"Guide" For New Players

Silentarrow
09-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Feel free to request a question and answer!

Q. Which class is the best?
A. I'm almost positive every player who has played Star Legends has asked this question! The answer to this is there is no best class. All classes have there own unique advantages and disadvantages. Operatives are super single target damage dealers while they will die very easily. Commandos are the tanks of the game. Their hit percentages usually are lower than all the other classes, but they can live to tell their story after almost every mob attack. Engineers are the support class of the game, a team genrally relies on an engineer to keep them alive, so they tend to have a lot of pressure!

Q. What is this platinum thing I keep hearing about?
A. Platinum is the in app purchase currency for all SpaceTime Studios games. Platinum lets you buy all sorts of awesome things such as vanity helmets, auction terminal slots, special gear, premium campaigns and more!

Q. Do I HAVE to buy platinum?
A. Nope! Even without paying a penny for platinum a player can play all main spine campaigns and experience almost all (excluding campaigns) the features that a player who does pay for platinum experiences.

Q. I saw this guy with a red name!
A. What you saw is a dev! All STS devs have red names!
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/902a7d69.jpg

Q. What are all the names of the campaigns, and which one should I be playing in?
A. There are currently 5 campaigns in Star Legends, Dynastar Labs, Red Sun Pirate Spaceship, Cycorp Industries, Delta-7, Numa Prime, and Slouch-o.
Level Recomendation
Dynastar- 2-6
Red Sun- 6-10
Cycorp- 10-15
Delta-7- 16-20
Numa Prime- 21-25
Sloucho- 26-30
Shipyard Colony- 31-35
Voloria- 36-41

Q. What's the auction house? Where can it be found?
A. The auction house is a terminal where players can put items for sale, for a set price. Currently, there is no way to barter with the seller, although there is a possibility of this being added in the future. The auction house can be found in the "Storage and Trade" section in the USS Blackstar.

Q. What are credits?
A. Credits are the in game currency of Star Legends. Credits can be used to buy items from other players or NPC's.

Q. What are guilds? How can I join one?
A. Guilds are usually groups of people who are friends or have the same goal. To join a guild, you must be invited by a guild officer. After getting invited, go to the friends section of your avatar page, then go to "guilds".

Q. Items have different colored names?
A. The color of an items name shows its rarity.
Grey- Trash
White- Common
Orange- Uncommon
Green- Rare
Purple- Epic
Pink- Legendary

Q. What is "DPS"
A. Damge per Second

Q. Is there a way to recieve platinum for free?
A. Yes, you can recieve free platinum by downloading apps from TapJoy. To get to this, go on your avatar page, then click "Store". You may also recieve platinum for telling your friends about the game and liking/following the game on Facebook and Twitter.

Q. What are stat points? Which ones should I use?
A. Stat points are used to increase your characters stats. Dexterity increases hit% and critical%, strength increases dodge health and H/S, intellegence increases mana and mana per second. A more detailed explanation of stat points can be found here- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30467-Star-Legends-General-Attributes-(STR-DEX-INT)-Guide

Q. What are elite chests?
A. Elite chests can be identified by two little blue "bars" on the bottom of the chest. Elite chests have a much better drop rate than normal chests. Elite chests "spawns" are completley random.http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/3513791d.jpg

Q. Where can I farm vanities?
A. Vanities can be farmed in all Numa Prime and Slouch-o Campaign levels. Numa Prime drops the vanities X-Ray Vision, Mechanical Man Helmet, and Squid Buddy. The Slouch-o campaign drops Comedy, Tragedy, and Zany Goggles. X-Ray Vision can drop at any campaign.
Hint: Most Numa Prime vanities are found on the level Outer Limits

Q. If I farm at a level that is appropriate for me, do I have a better chance at a good drop than a person who is above the reccomended level?
A. Nope! Nothing effects drop rates in Star Legends. Although, elixers allow you to re-roll your loot.

Q. What is farming?
A. No, you do not have to grow crops in Star Legends to earn money :). Farming is where players "complete" the same map (or a select few) over and over again using a selected strategy. Usually farmers "farm" for high end gear, although there are different types of farming such as stim farming and kill farming.

Q. Why do so many people have green antenna
A. Antenna are an exclusive vanity item that prove that you have seen and waved at an STS dev! Currently, there is only one color of antenna (green). More will probably be added in the future.

Q. What are enhancers?
A. Enhancers (elixers in PL) are "drinks" that you can purchase with platinum or credits (only with a tier 3 guild hall) to improve your characters damage, defence, xp gain rate, speed, and ability to re-roll loot. Enhancers can be purchased at a discounted price from a tier 2 and tier 3 guild hall.

Q. How can I speak in guild chat?
A. To speak in guild chat simply type /g before you say your message. Ex: /g Hey guys!

Q. What is M/S and H/S
A. M/S and H/S stand for mana per second and health per second. For example, if you have 2 health per second, you will regenerate 20 health in 10 seconds.

Any typo's or wrong information? Feel free to tell me :).

Ebalere
09-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Very nice guide, lots of quick clear info here.

BodMaster
09-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Hey great job Silent!

Only thing that I felt was a little unclear was TapJoy?

This is only available through apple I believe (though i could be wrong)

EDIT: I was wrong hehe never tried before ;)

Also Android and Apple users can also get free platnium by;

Inviting friends - 5 Plat

Like Star Legends on Facebook - 2 Plat

Like Pocket Legends on Facebook - 2 Plat

This can be found when entering the main screen after logging in there is an option to the right named Spacetime Nexus click here, and then click offers.

This also helps spread the word of STS and their games, also any announcements to be made :)

Fac3bon3s
09-21-2011, 08:09 AM
How does the inviting friends work?

Edit: Never mind lol

Silentarrow
09-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Lol you guys took my reserve spot :D oh well! Adding more info at the moment.

BodMaster
09-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Lol you guys took my reserve spot :D oh well! Adding more info at the moment.

Lol.. woops :p

Typo's at the end of 1st question 'Which class is the best?' 'generally' and 'relies'. (Spell check needed FTW)

I was also under the impression that all maps dropped all Vanity.. though the ones described to drop in Numa and Sloucho are most likely?

What is Farming? Another that could be added above 'Where can I farm vanities' as this term is only known to more experienced players :)

Silentarrow
09-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Lol.. woops :p

Typo's at the end of 1st question 'Which class is the best?' 'generally' and 'relies'. (Spell check needed FTW)

I was also under the impression that all maps dropped all Vanity.. though the ones described to drop in Numa and Sloucho are most likely?

What is Farming? Another that could be added above 'Where can I farm vanities' as this term is only known to more experienced players :)

Excellent addition! I'm pretty sure most vanities in Numa are dropped in OL. Slouch-o's drop rates seem to be equal.

Register
09-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Nice guide! But...Elite Chests are NOT random. Cmon, you should know this Silent! It spawns in two specific chest spawns in Scorcher.

The Engineer Door near the beginning. The chest on the right of the room (looking into it, parallel to the walls) can spawn as a elite.

And

The Commando Door near the end. The chest at the right of the room (looking into it, parallel to the walls) can spawn as elite.

No other chests can spawn as elite, I believe. And I have never seen both of them as Elite....

ALSO, drop rates are not as great in Sloucho. I have never seen an Epic drop from Elite Chests. I have seen very few greens. Mostly Oranges and never crafting from Elite Chests.

EDIT: Another thing you should add...Antennas. wave at a dev and their yours! Dev "spawns" (:p) are random! Also, antenna are not tradeable

EDIT: Its not cs! Its auction!

Silentarrow
09-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Nice guide! But...Elite Chests are NOT random. Cmon, you should know this Silent! It spawns in two specific chest spawns in Scorcher.

The Engineer Door near the beginning. The chest on the right of the room (looking into it, parallel to the walls) can spawn as a elite.

And

The Commando Door near the end. The chest at the right of the room (looking into it, parallel to the walls) can spawn as elite.

No other chests can spawn as elite, I believe. And I have never seen both of them as Elite....

ALSO, drop rates are not as great in Sloucho. I have never seen an Epic drop from Elite Chests. I have seen very few greens. Mostly Oranges and never crafting from Elite Chests.

EDIT: Another thing you should add...Antennas. wave at a dev and their yours! Dev "spawns" (:p) are random! Also, antenna are not tradeable

EDIT: Its not cs! Its auction!

Elite Chest's spawn point is determined, but the CHANCE of getting one is random :).
Elite Chests do have a better drop rate in Slouch-o, chances of a pink and purp are still very low though.
Changing "CS" to "auction"!
I'll add an antenna section.

Thanks Register!

BodMaster
09-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Excellent addition! I'm pretty sure most vanities in Numa are dropped in OL. Slouch-o's drop rates seem to be equal.

No problem! Glad I could help :)

May have been mistaken then I believed that before last update you could get X-ray, Mech Helm and Squid from any map any enemy any chest in all content.. so even possible to get in Labs, Pirates, Delta etc.. and thought that someone had claimed they had received one in the Cycorps. Just a heads up if brought up later :)

Vanities official names for X-ray is 'X-Ray Vision' and Zanny is 'Zany Glasses'

Silentarrow
09-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Vanities official names for X-ray is 'X-Ray Vision' and Zanny is 'Zany Glasses'

Fixing!

I haven't heard of those vanities dropping in other campaigns, I'll look into it.

Silentarrow
09-25-2011, 10:54 AM
K guys! I'm going to try to get all pictures done tonight!

CRUIZE
10-01-2011, 08:36 AM
There is a new question i saw asking by many people
Q.Why they booted me?
A.THey boit u because they hate u or u must did some mistake like wrong language . Tgey also boot u if they doin their own guild XP RUN. So kindly play fair and enjoy this game. I will help u guys out in SL if u pm me (CRUIZE)

octavos
10-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Adding your link to my guide...thx silent

Silentarrow
10-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Adding your link to my guide...thx silent

Which guide? I'd like to see it :).

octavos
10-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Which guide? I'd like to see it :).

In SL guides forum :p

zongui
10-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Q. What are credits?
A. Credits are the in game currency of Star Legends. Credits can be used to buy items from other players or NPC's.

what is the NPC'S???

Spu
10-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Q. What are credits?

what is the NPC'S???

theyre Non-Playing Characters, but in the bases i could only buy stuff from the auction terminal or the implant/weapons creator, which technically, imo, arent really NPC's tehe

Silentarrow
10-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Q. What are credits?

what is the NPC'S???

NPC's are those characters that just stand there/run around The Blackstar. NPC's also can be things such as vendors ex:Implant Creator.

Edit: Woops, didn't read post above!

Skeletonlord
10-26-2011, 02:34 AM
great guide! very good for newcomers!

Silentarrow
10-27-2011, 05:07 PM
great guide! very good for newcomers!

Thanks!

Superknight98
11-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you wave? Do you mean add them as a friend or something like that?

Silentarrow
11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you wave? Do you mean add them as a friend or something like that?

To wave go to your emotes (left side of screen, or click menu, then smile face.). Then click wave, you can also shake your device or slide your fingers across the screen.

No question is a stupid question!

saitellite
11-19-2011, 09:12 PM
ok I usually don't have problems with wifi ..going online and stuff.. but I keep getting disconnected from the server...I read somewhere that during a download to put my phone on airplane mode and wifi.. however it doesn't seem to make a difference. Are there other ways to keep my connection going? ..or is it that there's a lot of people on and the server is busy?

Opticscopez
11-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Great tips! This can help loads of people

Silentarrow
11-26-2011, 05:56 PM
ok I usually don't have problems with wifi ..going online and stuff.. but I keep getting disconnected from the server...I read somewhere that during a download to put my phone on airplane mode and wifi.. however it doesn't seem to make a difference. Are there other ways to keep my connection going? ..or is it that there's a lot of people on and the server is busy?

Sorry for the late reply, I was having the same problem earlier this week. Try unplugging your router then plugging it hack in, turn HQ off and turn in pixle double.

blaster
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Why i cant update? What can i do?

Brian Pabon
01-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Honestly i am a new player in Star legends, so i made an account for this website and i wanted to know more about the game it's self. So i was browsing and i saw this forum and, i read every Inch of this questions and all the Questions you have post was Extremely Similar To the questions i had in mind, while i was playing this game so thank you for The forum and, i extremely appreciate the hard effort you put in this Forum

Dragonrider023
03-25-2012, 06:35 PM
great work but dont forgot to add Uc Shipyard and Voleria colony!

Cahaun
03-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes it'd be great to update this great guide. Deserves a sticky IMO

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes it'd be great to update this great guide. Deserves a sticky IMO

Agreed, lol.

Silentarrow
03-31-2012, 08:06 AM

I'll add it :).

Rawrimafish
03-31-2012, 09:31 AM
I blogged it. But of course I gave you the credit :)

Silentarrow
04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
I blogged it. But of course I gave you the credit :)

Phoenixking
05-22-2012, 05:02 PM
One typo genraly should be generally in the question "which class is the best?". Helped me in things I didn't know about Star Legends though lol. I.am.noob.

flashbackflip
05-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Hey Silent! Thanx for the guide!

I would like to add two pieces of information into it if you don't mind))

1. In the answer about guilds i'd add the info about T3 guildhall and it's bonuses in stims (I found this knowledge THE most useful when I was a noob)

2. In the answer about campaigns and lvl recommendations i'd add the tip about being able to move into new campaign when you 1-2 levels under the 'suggested level'

Thanx again! Peace

Addictux
06-17-2012, 08:23 PM
hehehe.

there are 8 maps/dungeon etc... but the level required to enter the map is up there it shows there but check this i've been playing the game for 6 months now here's what i noticed.

Level Recommendation
Dynastar - 2-6
Red Sun - 6-10 (you can already enter this map at level 4 or 5)
Cycorp - 10-15 (you can already enter this map at level 9)
Delta-7 - 16-20 (you can already enter this map at level 14)
Numa Prime - 21-25 (you can already enter this map at level 19)
Sloucho - 26-30 (you can enter this map at level 24)
UC Shipyard - 31-35 (you can already enter this map at level 29)
Planet Voloria - 36-41 (you can enter this map at level 34)

you'll die easily if you enter voleria when you reach level 34 but you can survive if you have level 40 teammates but doing soloyou'll die easily go do xp runs on shipyard to level fast

Q. What are stat points? Which ones should I use?
A. Stat points are used to increase your characters stats. Dexterity increases hit% and critical%, strength increases dodge health and H/S, intellegence increases mana and mana per second. A more detailed explanation of stat points can be found here- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...DEX-INT)-Guide

here's mine though hope you'll like it:
Operative - all stat on DEX (it's much better to put all in dex cause operative die fast that's why operative needs more than one engineer).

Engineer - all stat on INT (it's better to put all in int cause engineer has no mp regeneration (except shield but it's like a buble when hit it's gone it gives you additional mp regeneration though but not good) for non stop buffing).

Commando - all in STR (it's better putting all in str cause commando is made to have strong armor some people do it wrong or understand it wrong it says commando has a strong armor but it's not made to have strong armor at first the meaning of it is you're the one who's going to make it have a strong armor how by doing putting all in str and armor and implant etc...).

Hellcurse
06-18-2012, 04:42 AM
hehehe.

there are 8 maps/dungeon etc... but the level required to enter the map is up there it shows there but check this i've been playing the game for 6 months now here's what i noticed.

Level Recommendation
Dynastar - 2-6
Red Sun - 6-10 (you can already enter this map at level 4 or 5)
Cycorp - 10-15 (you can already enter this map at level 9)
Delta-7 - 16-20 (you can already enter this map at level 14)
Numa Prime - 21-25 (you can already enter this map at level 19)
Sloucho - 26-30 (you can enter this map at level 24)
UC Shipyard - 31-35 (you can already enter this map at level 29)
Planet Voloria - 36-41 (you can enter this map at level 34)

just a qik note, i went to cycorp at lvl7

Hellcurse
06-18-2012, 04:45 AM
this might seem like a weird question but how can i improve my ping. When i ask ppl they always hav 50-200 ping and i always hav 600+. I need better connection. In the last couple weeks, i lost my ipod and switched to my lg phone and since then, it has lagged even more making me near impossible to win even the players i usually beat 100% hp left. Any tips?

Itoopeo
06-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes, you have a bit slow connection. I use wifi and my ping is 80-180. But if i use 3G it gives sometimes over 200 000 ping.
I have 100mb/s internet by wifi and 0,5mb/s with phone 3G.

Antennas that i have seen:
Blue, green, silver and orange. Three first are from events and orange is winning reward.

Ubernewber
12-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Great job !!!!!!

jiegter021
01-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Great guide evry body come to jion in SPACTIME STUDIOS

Vegetarocks
01-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Possible to get better boss loot not opening boxes? Ppl boot me for opening boxes im like WHAT!?!?!?!? Plz help

bmendonc
04-17-2013, 10:04 AM
vegeta, there is less chance to get vanities and more chance to get rare/epic stuff (a week of farming proved this)

Battlegrinder
04-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Possible to get better boss loot not opening boxes? Ppl boot me for opening boxes im like WHAT!?!?!?!? Plz help
Some players believe that opening crates will affect your drops. They are all wrong. Every last one of them. If they boot you, they've just proved that they are an idiot and a jerk, nothing more.

vegeta, there is less chance to get vanities and more chance to get rare/epic stuff (a week of farming proved this)
I'm not calling you a liar, but I'm also thinking something is seriously flawed with your data, since every bit of information I've seen and been able to find says the opposite. Would you mind explaining how you proved that crates affect the boss drops?

greenguy1970
01-05-2014, 01:41 AM
I have seen Elite Chests in a lot of other places than in Scorcher. Usually only in bonus areas, though, there are 3 in the open in the final level of the action crusade, next to the first mini boss. Can't think of their names, but it is a healer and 2 vular tanks.

DarkProphet
07-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Ok I've seen this white armor with stripes on a lot of lower players (I'm level 18) and it had like dark glasses on it. I can't find it. Why?

CAK Vader
07-31-2014, 11:03 AM
Ok I've seen this white armor with stripes on a lot of lower players (I'm level 18) and it had like dark glasses on it. I can't find it. Why?

Take a picture?

Burninglamp
07-31-2014, 11:22 AM
@.@

DarkProphet
07-31-2014, 11:25 AM

DarkProphet
07-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Like that

Burninglamp
07-31-2014, 11:41 AM
It's veteran armor, you need to play for an amount of time to get each piece

DarkProphet
07-31-2014, 02:06 PM
Oh ok

supguys (frenchtiptoes)
10-05-2014, 10:28 AM
ya a great guide for new players... Great work :D

Arpluvial
12-13-2014, 09:30 PM
I have cleaned up this thread - let's keep it friendly. :)

Mr.Diamante
02-24-2015, 12:19 AM
This guide really helps me :D

ellv
05-14-2016, 10:59 AM
wewewewewewew helpfull

Eleasarjc
08-14-2016, 01:58 AM
Hi there hoping to lear a lot from this game

Jedibombom
01-26-2018, 01:55 AM
Nice picture on operative 🤗

GuykatTheGamer
02-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Very Useful :)

Putrimanis
03-03-2019, 08:02 AM
Halo im newbie, nice to meet u

Tjthewinner
06-17-2021, 02:24 PM
My question. Where is the code for twilight? I've looked everywhere!

Hardrush
06-19-2021, 02:49 PM
First need be lvl 33-36
Then u go here
And try find the "Hidde Telelort"233832233833233834

Enviado de meu moto g(8) power usando o Tapatalk

Greyzalpha
07-07-2021, 01:14 PM
This game still active?

Hardrush
07-07-2021, 02:12 PM
This game still active? only saturday sunday and friday i usually play all week but i see more movement between those days

Enviado de meu moto g(8) power usando o Tapatalk