PDA

View Full Version : Loaning Feature

WoundedEagle
09-20-2011, 09:22 PM
This has been said before but in the name of Paaahud, we need a lending feature. Something in Secure Trade or in Give Items, where you have the lendee pay a certain amount of gold for a amount of time they loan it. The items loaned would have to become untradable for the given period of time. Then when time is up, the gear is automatically sent back to stash of the lender.

Thoughts?
-we

ihurtstuff
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
This isnt runescape...lets leave it at that.

Technique
09-20-2011, 09:29 PM
No I think this is a great ideal, I would love a way to borrow/try gear from a friend before buying it.

+1

WoundedEagle
09-20-2011, 09:31 PM
This isn't? Oh dang wrong forums....

Pocket Legends is my first MMO and if you knew the story behind what happened to Paaahud, you would agree....

Cytokinesis
09-20-2011, 09:41 PM
This is a wonderful idea and if they want keep it longer they have to pay more gold and after their time is up it goes automatically back to the owner!!! Ingenious!

TheMatrixMan
09-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Sounds legit. The borrowed items can't be stashed for it to work too.

Artemis
09-20-2011, 09:59 PM

How bout you stop trolling? If you want to say you dont like the suggestion simply say "I dont like this idea" and state the reason why you do not. Would build to the suggestion to make it better. KTHXBAI.

Cytokinesis
09-20-2011, 10:20 PM
How bout you stop trolling?
lol and look at his name..."ihurtstuff" ;)

AdinoEznite
09-21-2011, 03:03 AM
who is paaahud and what happened to him?

Redbridge
09-21-2011, 03:31 AM
Hey buddy,

I love the idea but there are other implications to introducing a new potential income stream to the game.

I personally don't mind but I think introducing a 'paid for' loan system may have serious effects on other parts of the game.

How about a free lending tool for guilds to loan items to members? Same system with time limits, loan items untradable and they return to guild stash at the end of the loan period.

The way I see it, if guild members have 'spare' items hanging around it would make sense for there to be some functionality for guildies to donate items to the guild stash, and others to be able to use/borrow them, in a secure way.

I love the fee paying version too but think it has many further implications which need to be explored fully first.

For me, a free version first please. +1

n00b13st
09-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey buddy,

I love the idea but there are other implications to introducing a new potential income stream to the game.

I personally don't mind but I think introducing a 'paid for' loan system may have serious effects on other parts of the game.

How about a free lending tool for guilds to loan items to members? Same system with time limits, loan items untradable and they return to guild stash at the end of the loan period.

The way I see it, if guild members have 'spare' items hanging around it would make sense for there to be some functionality for guildies to donate items to the guild stash, and others to be able to use/borrow them, in a secure way.

I love the fee paying version too but think it has many further implications which need to be explored fully first.

For me, a free version first please. +1

I like the idea of guild stash having functionality like this! +1. I like it so much in fact I posted a very similar thread in July. :victorious:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34257-Suggestion-guild-stash-with-logs-possibly-restricted-access

Redbridge
09-21-2011, 04:39 PM
I think I post something previously too....lol

It's prob my number one feature I'd like to see.

JaytB
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
+1

I like this idea. In our (relatively small) guild, we currently use a person for that. It's not perfect, but it works for us :)

TANKKAAR
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Here is my idea... Sorry i made an entire thread dedicated to it but while i was typing it spawned into and great thing IMO....lol

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37544-True-quot-Guild-quot-stash-idea..&p=423204#post423204

StompArtist
09-21-2011, 06:26 PM

I think its a great idea myself.

Imacoolbirdd
09-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Yea i like this like if u need custom set to show off just borrow it! :) +++++++99999999999999999999999999999999999999

Shellkaz
09-21-2011, 07:55 PM
I think it's a great idea. Right now we have to trust people we've only met in game to return something they borrowed. This is one of the top things on my wish list too.

:encouragement:

lyrrlynn. Level 46 enchantress.

Cobraguy
09-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Great idea.

pahud
09-26-2011, 12:47 AM
who is paaahud and what happened to him?

Lets just say this paaahud idiot was too nice and lent his sets to "friends" who happened to rip him off and doing so, made him leave and not want to come back. It'll be nice to hear the scammers wont hurt as many people when and if a safe lending system is released.

Nick41324
09-26-2011, 06:45 PM
I brought this up a while back and I got no reply. I would REALLY like this feature tho!

Whirlzap
09-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Eh, I'm kind of with/against this idea.
Let me explain:
With:
This is a good suggestion, implying if a good friend needed a temporary gear/set to farm their own gear.
I especially like the auto-return+time limit system and being a personal witness of what happened to Paaahud, I can't agree more. However people may eventually want an implementation for charges for loans. There will eventually be an abuser about this system and find a loophole through it. But for the early times it is implemented, I would be happy to see it.

Against:
However if you think about it more, the ulterior motive to getting loaned a set is basically you cannot get your own gear.
With elixirs and platinum buyables, the game is already pretty easy. Now think if you could get any gear you want, as a free loan from people. Heck, why not make a permanent loan deal? This idea practically takes the meaning away from "farming". Yet again, people will still eventually have their own sets, become un-generous, and the whole system would be less used.

As I stated, many different opinions on this.
As a final opinion, I suppose you could do this loaning thing, however with a PRICE. Just so people would have a motive for lending out, not because only they want to be generous, but want to earn some extra money.
Following this, the guild stash again. Perhaps the guild stash would be sort of a lending thing for the items in there to all members.
To prevent abuse, both loaning+guild stash systems should have a one loan per two days or something, to prevent any crazy loaning. Also with the guild stash, anyone who leaves the guild will have all loaned items automatically returned to the guild stash.

And before I go, consider two more abuse possibilities:

Example A:
Whirl: Ha Wound, my darkbolt wand pwns your broken bow!
Wound: Nooo, I hate you!
Whirl: I hate you too!
<Whirl logs off and creates new character: Mrniceguy>
Mrniceguy: Wound, may I get a loan for your COMPLETE Demonic Glyph XBOW Set?
Wound: Well, you do seem like a nice guy...sure!
Mrniceguy: ROFL! Tricked you! /sells whole set to NPC and logs off

Example B:
Whirl: Hey Wound, can you loan me your XRAY Visor transported from SL?
Wound: Sure buddy, just don't sell it okay?
Whirl: I won't :)
Hanko: Hey Whirl, nice helm. I'll buy it for 50mil!
Whirl: Sorry, can't sell! It's a loan!
Hanko: <grins evil grin> Oops, did I say 50mil? I meant 500mil!
Whirl: OH MY GOOOODDDDDDDDDDD ILLDOITILLDOITILLDOIT!
Later...
Wound: Whirl, can I have my Visor back now?
Whirl: Uhhhh.......I got hacked by Gold Fever?;D
Wound: <groans> Not again...

-You would need to have a lock on the item to prevent any trading, liquidating, stashing, or moving between characters! Just a huge lockdown. Also, no upgrading into Demonic/Enchanted/Custom/Fortified Sets either. Developers would have to think of every possibility.

WoundedEagle
09-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Eh, I'm kind of with/against this idea.
Let me explain:
With:
This is a good suggestion, implying if a good friend needed a temporary gear/set to farm their own gear.
I especially like the auto-return+time limit system and being a personal witness of what happened to Paaahud, I can't agree more. However people may eventually want an implementation for charges for loans. There will eventually be an abuser about this system and find a loophole through it. But for the early times it is implemented, I would be happy to see it.

Against:
However if you think about it more, the ulterior motive to getting loaned a set is basically you cannot get your own gear.
With elixirs and platinum buyables, the game is already pretty easy. Now think if you could get any gear you want, as a free loan from people. Heck, why not make a permanent loan deal? This idea practically takes the meaning away from "farming". Yet again, people will still eventually have their own sets, become un-generous, and the whole system would be less used.

As I stated, many different opinions on this.
As a final opinion, I suppose you could do this loaning thing, however with a PRICE. Just so people would have a motive for lending out, not because only they want to be generous, but want to earn some extra money.
Following this, the guild stash again. Perhaps the guild stash would be sort of a lending thing for the items in there to all members.
To prevent abuse, both loaning+guild stash systems should have a one loan per two days or something, to prevent any crazy loaning. Also with the guild stash, anyone who leaves the guild will have all loaned items automatically returned to the guild stash.

And before I go, consider two more abuse possibilities:

Example A:
Whirl: Ha Wound, my darkbolt wand pwns your broken bow!
Wound: Nooo, I hate you!
Whirl: I hate you too!
<Whirl logs off and creates new character: Mrniceguy>
Mrniceguy: Wound, may I get a loan for your COMPLETE Demonic Glyph XBOW Set?
Wound: Well, you do seem like a nice guy...sure!
Mrniceguy: ROFL! Tricked you! /sells whole set to NPC and logs off

Example B:
Whirl: Hey Wound, can you loan me your XRAY Visor transported from SL?
Wound: Sure buddy, just don't sell it okay?
Whirl: I won't :)
Hanko: Hey Whirl, nice helm. I'll buy it for 50mil!
Whirl: Sorry, can't sell! It's a loan!
Hanko: <grins evil grin> Oops, did I say 50mil? I meant 500mil!
Whirl: OH MY GOOOODDDDDDDDDDD ILLDOITILLDOITILLDOIT!
Later...
Wound: Whirl, can I have my Visor back now?
Whirl: Uhhhh.......I got hacked by Gold Fever?;D
Wound: <groans> Not again...

-You would need to have a lock on the item to prevent any trading, liquidating, stashing, or moving between characters! Just a huge lockdown. Also, no upgrading into Demonic/Enchanted/Custom/Fortified Sets either. Developers would have to think of every possibility.
Like I said :)

Whirlzap
09-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Wow that post above me explains much more than the long TL;DR above it.
Brief+concise. That's what I like to see.

Drues
09-26-2011, 09:58 PM
good idea sir:)

stevieoopsie
10-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Would personally lobby for the idea if I had time.

Nick41324
10-05-2011, 12:18 AM
The lending feature should return items to it's owner if you log off and make them untradeable.

Skeletonlord
10-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Great idea I always want to try gear on from someone else and they say they can't trust me or I need it etc.......
To suumarise:
Great idea this would be a fantastic new feature for pl and sl

Navygreen
10-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I actually kinda like this idea... :)

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-05-2011, 01:40 PM
How bout you stop trolling?
lol and look at his name..."ihurtstuff" ;)

ihurtstuff is pretty bad at hurting stuff

superglut2
10-05-2011, 02:23 PM
im guild leader of a german guild. www.germanlegends.tk

we have a lending system, works really well

Noodleleg
03-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Runescape... Miss those times...

pocketlegendshq
03-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Runescape... Miss those times...

Right with ya bro, god I loved that game, but then botters took over, just waiting for botters to take over PL, then I'm done with MMOs -____-

Fao
03-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Runescape... Hmm.... I remember wasting my money on that game, and it turned out to be one of the most hacked and cheap games ever!!

LwMark
03-16-2012, 03:08 AM
u could put payments torward a loanlike u can deposit goldan shows how much u got left..so many people would make alot of gold whohad good items