PDA

View Full Version : OMG its friggin scammapolooza!!!!

Lowlyspy
09-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Why are the torches so expensive in the cs?!?! 80k for something you can farm for 5 minutes and get 6 of???? Whats with scammers these days, this is ridiculous even for them

Zeus
09-20-2011, 10:22 PM
I'll take mine off the CS> :)

Lowlyspy
09-20-2011, 10:29 PM
I'll take mine off the CS> :)
idk if you're joking or not since sarcasm doesnt travel well over text but if you're serious about that then you have officially lost all my respect. That kind of thing is nothing but scamming and it does nothing but infuriate me.

Artemis
09-20-2011, 10:30 PM
off topic......but, HOW DO YOU HAVE MORE POSTS THAN ME AND IVE BEEN HERE SINCE NOVEMBER?

Lowlyspy
09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
off topic......but, HOW DO YOU HAVE MORE POSTS THAN ME AND IVE BEEN HERE SINCE NOVEMBER?
Didnt you take a break from the forums a while back? I think thats when. If you didnt, idk lol ;)

StompArtist
09-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Torches have always sold for a lot. Not sure why....

Conradin
09-20-2011, 10:43 PM
According to your calcualtion- you farm 1 1/6 torches per minute.

Lowlyspy
09-20-2011, 10:46 PM
According to your calcualtion- you farm 1 1/6 torches per minute.
Yup, ive had it happen to me several times. The most ive gotten in 1 run (five minutes) was 7 torches.

Zeus
09-20-2011, 11:11 PM
idk if you're joking or not since sarcasm doesnt travel well over text but if you're serious about that then you have officially lost all my respect. That kind of thing is nothing but scamming and it does nothing but infuriate me.

'Twas sarcasm.

Lowlyspy
09-20-2011, 11:17 PM

'Twas sarcasm.

Ok you're still cool wit me then ;)

TANKKAAR
09-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Im going to play devils advocate on this one and just put it out there that, you can post any thing at any price you want in cs its not a scam... If people want to buy it at that price then thats what its worth to them and that in turn makes the item value increase (even if its just for the one buyer). Simply put, supply and demand... Besides if they wanna waste their gold posting stuff for crazy prices who cares ...hahaha.... I do however want to point out there is actually a second part (which I wont disclose here to avoid people trying it, but im sure some of you more senior members know what im speaking of) that would then constitute a scam and if seen should be reported.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Im going to play devils advocate on this one and just put it out there that, you can post any thing at any price you want in cs its not a scam... If people want to buy it at that price then thats what its worth to them and that in turn makes the item value increase (even if its just for the one buyer). Simply put, supply and demand... Besides if they wanna waste their gold posting stuff for crazy prices who cares ...hahaha.... I do however want to point out there is actually a second part (which I wont disclose here to avoid people trying it, but im sure some of you more senior members know what im speaking of) that would then constitute a scam and if seen should be reported.

I so agree you can put it at what ever price but do remember it cost money as well putting it up so if it doesnt sell you just lost money :.

Imacoolbirdd
09-20-2011, 11:41 PM
I usually get 50-75 a daybecause i farm hooch hatss!! Yeeeeehaaaawww!! Hm i thinks its cowboy.. Well yes but i just liquidate no use for them

StompArtist
09-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Wait a sec. I have bought a couple torches for 1-2k too lazy to farm and using them like vanities. I think its funny how it drives dps and dmg to 0. Means there is some kind of demand... But ok 30k is way too much. Lol.

Ixillicus
09-21-2011, 06:06 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe I spent 185k on that torch. He told me they were discontinued. :(

Xazic
09-21-2011, 06:10 AM

I cant believe I spent 185k on that torch. He told me they were discontinued. :(

Made me lol

Navygreen
09-21-2011, 06:58 AM

You're kidding me...

Kakatoa91
09-21-2011, 07:04 AM

You're kidding me...

If not...

Ouch...

Ixillicus
09-21-2011, 08:39 AM
lol. Don't worry I merch'd it and sold it for 225k. Nice profit eh.

TANKKAAR
09-21-2011, 08:50 AM

As I said in my other post you can sell anything at any price ...but when u start to lie about said item is when it becomes a scam. Sorry that happen :-/ glad you made profit tho....lol

wvhills
09-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Torches have always sold for a lot. Not sure why....

It's because equipping them makes you run faster. It makes it easier to farm hag, ma, and pappy with the extra speed.

wvhills
09-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm the one who bought it for 225k but I merch'd it for 300k so everyone was happy!

Zerious
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM
wtf... increases running speed??? Hmm...... Not worth merching it, nah

Suentous PO
09-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah I laughed out loud this morn , saw one for a mil. Literally lol'd.

drewcapu
09-21-2011, 02:58 PM
You can sell all sorts of items at weird prices.

I remember someone telling me they were able to sell a torch on day one of swamps for 500k. haha

I once put up the weapon you get when you start a character, and it sold for 10k!

Torches used to be in CS all the time, mostly for around 1k.

But, if nobody is listing them and only one merchant notices, he's perfectly free to list one or two at whatever price he thinks will sell. There's no scam in that.

Now, if he goes around advertising it's in CS and that it's a discontinued item, that's a different story.

Oh btw, 80k for a torch is pretty easy to undercut ;)

Swimmingstar
09-21-2011, 03:08 PM
A scam is when someone lists a 3mil gray hammer that you can buy from npc and advertises it...

Ixillicus
09-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Lol... I didn't actually buy one for that price or sell it, I was just being a troll.

StompArtist
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Guys, I don't see how listing something at an horribly high price in CS is a scam. I don't like it but it's no more a scam than the local chevy dealer trying to sell an Aveo for 200,000$

You can't really get your money back once you find out it was way overpriced unless the dealer committed to something he's not delivering (for example if you can prove he told you it was the fastest car on earth and somehow you got it on video).

Bottom line is that we have to check our backs when buying...

Lordchewbacca
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
The crocs that hold torch r the ones that drop torch.they r only ones that can plus they have 100% torch drop rate

Cahaun
09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Wow I thought torches were the highest dropped, most hated, and annoying item out there! The only thing that it is good for is for people that like to make bigger torches composed of zombies, poke fun at a yeti, and look like you are in the olympics! ;)

apocketlegend
09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
'Twas sarcasm.
Ok good lol

KingFu
09-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Buyers need to do their homework if they're unsure. It's not a scam. The seller isn't trying to trick them into buying it if they just put it in CS. They're only giving them the option to...

Artemis
09-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Didnt you take a break from the forums a while back? I think thats when. If you didnt, idk lol ;)

It was only for like a month lol

Zeus
09-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Guys, I don't see how listing something at an horribly high price in CS is a scam. I don't like it but it's no more a scam than the local chevy dealer trying to sell an Aveo for 200,000$

You can't really get your money back once you find out it was way overpriced unless the dealer committed to something he's not delivering (for example if you can prove he told you it was the fastest car on earth and somehow you got it on video).

Bottom line is that we have to check our backs when buying...

My aveo is NOT worth 200 grand? The guy said it goes 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and it has a special Flinstone back up engine!

Zerious
09-21-2011, 07:14 PM
My aveo is NOT worth 200 grand? The guy said it goes 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and it has a special Flinstone back up engine!

you know, whoever invented this would be rich if they were still alive... They use that old stuff still today??? Wow.... old school IS the best way to go :D

Kraze
09-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Still trying to figure out how this is a scam....But now I'm off to farm 20k torches

Zerious
09-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Still trying to figure out how this is a scam....But now I'm off to farm 20k torches

not a scam, it's just a bandwagon thing of overpricing stuff. It's like when I go to Six Flags and they sell their sodas for 3 bucks when on my college campus, you buy them for $1.60. Convenience plays a part in it, but really, it's the buyer who makes the ultimate decision. And if the seller advertises their merchandise to butter up the buyers, then they're just pro at what they do.

小孩子
09-22-2011, 04:42 AM
A scam is when someone lists a 3mil gray hammer that you can buy from npc and advertises it...

Not a NPC grey hammer if it's a WAMMO THE HAMMO!!! they're discontinued :p
But Heavy maces are NPC items.. Gotta know your items.. Might miss out on a massive deal, grey wammos go from 1m-2m