PDA

View Full Version : Can a Developer Please Clarify?

Zeus
09-28-2016, 01:31 AM
Hello,

Can a developer please clarify about vanity thief? Will there be one? If yes, then would LB and event vanities be released with it too? The other quotes essentially have caused a destruction in vanity market. People are losing millions of hard earned gold because of the unclear answers. So, can we please have a clear answer?

Just my opinion though, they're vanities and long term goals with no adverse effect on anyone who doesn't have them. Y'all shouldn't destroy this. It holds no bearing on the health of the game.

Thanks!

scarysmerf
09-28-2016, 02:17 AM
I'm not a dev but I can say a vanity thief is a bad idea.

resurrected
09-28-2016, 02:18 AM
IMO its very bad idea. I hope Devs say NO

Kakashis
09-28-2016, 03:10 AM
they said that there are no plans for a vanity thief, but that they could have one if they wanted to. Personally, there's not much left in the game that is of high value and if they let every single vanity known in the game able to be dropped by the thief, that's it for long term goals. Eggs still haven't recovered since the egg drop event, and I don't see vanities ever recovering since they're not consumed in any way.

macquin
09-28-2016, 03:16 AM
no one know and sts always surprising us like eggzaviour, i would love to see this thief coz this vanity hoarder and people who have it always lying their prices. ahahhaaha

Errorrz
09-28-2016, 04:17 AM
Vanity Thieft is bad idea

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

procs
09-28-2016, 04:30 AM
it isn't a bad idea lol its a healthy idea , you know how many people were ban due to plat farming?, do you kno how many vanities they hoarded ?exactly. do you kno how many mage tree vanities are left?exactly

they should release lb vanities half the people that got them sold them and the smart people hoarded ...so about that hard work thing .....lol they didn't work that hard for them gg

Rome
09-28-2016, 04:42 AM
it isn't a bad idea lol its a healthy idea , you know how many people were ban due to plat farming?, do you kno how many vanities they hoarded ?exactly. do you kno how many mage tree vanities are left?exactly

they should release lb vanities half the people that got them sold them and the smart people hoarded ...so about that hard work thing .....lol they didn't work that hard for them gg

image u spending 15m on energy kits and 30 hours on event farming. then a year later a vanity thief pops up.

no bad idea? its a horrible idea!

macmack
09-28-2016, 05:07 AM

Really horrible idea

Whats the point playing a game when all the items became free, we have NO GOALS to continue play again, i farm farm farm couple of months just to buy lb vanity, thats a goal, dont be lazy, farm so u can get one a lb vanity too..😂😂

Sent from my SM-P355 using Tapatalk

dinzly
09-28-2016, 05:16 AM
many people were ban due to plat farming

what do you mean by this??im new player so i dont know many things

Alwarez
09-28-2016, 06:28 AM
All merchers who hoard/merch lb vanities say "no" ofc

Sorayai
09-28-2016, 06:29 AM
Vanity thief - no!
Enough with thiefs please.
Maybe some guys like leprechoblins, who will drop some vanities like red arlor, harvest straw etc etc...
Ghost, ice, yeti and other lb vanities should be restricted from vanitychoblins drop ;-)
Its just my thought, I hope someone will understand my opinion ...

Psychoism
09-28-2016, 06:34 AM
Imo the vanity thief is not a good idea if they're thinking to live that event, That's a fully market crash. Think to the other players who spend millions of gold to be part of the event lb to get those vanities, So IMO Vanity thief is a bad idea -1 for that event.

Futurereal
09-28-2016, 06:55 AM

And that's why other people should also get a chance, for the people who are against this idea you have no idea there are indeed many hoarders gear (exclusive gems) or vanity hoarders that does not matter to it if people give other people no chance where is still fun? Yes now people go say, think about people that invest 20 mil on exclusive vanity sets? Think of exclusive pets that first time were exclusive until STS also gave an opportunity for new players or for those who do not have much time because their busy in real life (example). Why can it not for vanities then? Because those people who hoard it for others are against it? Maybe it's the greed maybe it's because people do not want to lose gold, but in an MMO you lose always gold with new changes whether it be new updates or if market prices fall in value even if there is no response to this inexplicable message.

Errorrz
09-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Like i said , Ignore poor ppl

Kairihearts
09-28-2016, 07:13 AM
Very bad idea indeed have you seen whats happened to the antignome sets? They are so cheap and proably wont recover there price same like eggs too :(

But why should we ignore poor people in game? Isnt the game here to help other people in need? (Not beggers)

Come on guys have a heart and show some love to other players dont be ignorant.

Ps: of course im forever helping.

Play safe toons!!!!!

Tatman
09-28-2016, 07:25 AM
Has anyone actually said anything about a "vanity thief"? For all of us, who don't hang here 24/7, this is becoming a circus show. A dev says something in forum chat or even in a private conversation in game, drops some "shifty eyes" or what have you, and **** hits the fan. I think it's time this stops.

Kairihearts
09-28-2016, 07:33 AM
Has anyone actually said anything about a "vanity thief"? For all of us, who don't hang here 24/7, this is becoming a circus show. A dev says something in forum chat or even in a private conversation in game, drops some "shifty eyes" or what have you, and **** hits the fan. I think it's time this stops.

True story i agree :)

macquin
09-28-2016, 07:42 AM
when cake event introduce people are all happy coz of gold raining in arlor but when hoarder and famous people who got this lb vanities they cry a lot. how about lb pet prize why dont you ask sts did that to us. Its fair that we can also have these kind of event exclusive with platinum purchase forget about this droping from boss if you hoarder doesnt agree. cheers vanity thief will arrive soonnn.

Shanerry
09-28-2016, 07:51 AM
Please -.-" NO vanity thief .

Perceval
09-28-2016, 07:57 AM
Funny thing is, sts didn't decide the prices of the lb vanities. Maybe this vanity thief will encourage people to stop running for event lbs using unhealthy amounts of time, account sharing and spending ridiculous amounts to achieve top spots.

If sts had a problem with pets worth 20m, I'm sure they have a problem with vanities worth 30-60m.

Just enjoy the game ;) stuff like this has been happening for a long time and we are still here. Adapt to the changing times.

PEMA
09-28-2016, 08:25 AM
New expansion might come with new vanities but for now, vanity thief is a not the best idea.

thekragle
09-28-2016, 08:50 AM
Perhaps a compromise? Maybe STS can only have the thief carry current plat purchasable vanity items that are available to everyone anyways and then also create like 5 various new vanity items just for the thief and for this "Vanity thief event".

This way those rare, hard earned vanities are protected, but we still have a fun vanities event to run.

Still against this idea??

Marlon Macapinlac
09-28-2016, 09:03 AM
I am agree with this thief vanity.. specially for those who missed many events passed.. sts will do this for the sake of happiness of every player.. but before. it should be a limited time like 2days or 3. then ppl who always wishes to their good vanity. this is should be happen. its cool. ppl not make you stronger just for a vanity. then why not.? then new player will be continue to play when they saw awasome vanity. then why not?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Fredystern
09-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Actually its not a bad idea, but we should remember there are alot of vanities that only obtainable by leaderboard, if vanity thief drop these vanities than no one will ever chase for the leaderboard vanities anymore.

If sts decided to make a vanity thief, it should only drop common vanity only

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Melthyz
09-28-2016, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Fredystern;2591750]Actually its not a bad idea, but we should remember there are alot of vanities that only obtainable by leaderboard, if vanity thief drop these vanities than no one will ever chase for the leaderboard vanities anymore.

I highly doubt they're asking for the common vanities. They're asking for ice golem, ice spirit, halloween lb vanities, etc.... Personally, nothing surprises me anymore hopefully it doesn't happen but if it does I can't say I'll be shocked....

Kakashis
09-28-2016, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=Fredystern;2591750]Actually its not a bad idea, but we should remember there are alot of vanities that only obtainable by leaderboard, if vanity thief drop these vanities than no one will ever chase for the leaderboard vanities anymore.

I highly doubt they're asking for the common vanities. They're asking for ice golem, ice spirit, halloween lb vanities, etc.... Personally, nothing surprises me anymore hopefully it doesn't happen but if it does I can't say I'll be shocked....

As an owner/collector of all the lb vanities which I farmed for very hard, this would be a total disrespect of any goals to have in the game.

blazerdd
09-28-2016, 10:31 AM
I can already see the Halloween event lb (hopefully with vanities) going down the drain. If we could get some clarification on this issue, that would clear up alot of this mess. As it stands, no one knows if this thief (which originally a joke, btw) is actually going to exist, making the lb runners afraid to run.

Just my 2 cents.

Alwarez
09-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Actually its not a bad idea, but we should remember there are alot of vanities that only obtainable by leaderboard, if vanity thief drop these vanities than no one will ever chase for the leaderboard vanities anymore.

Didnt STS stop putting vanities in LB? I thought they give top jewels and banners now, no?

Fredystern
09-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Didnt STS stop putting vanities in LB? I thought they give top jewels and banners now, no?
Still no, if they put the old vanities as a loot, what will people answed when someone ask how to got ice golem vanity? All people will just say its dropped from vanity thief and only some will say its only obtainable from winter event and making its look like unworthy for running lb

Traosabara
09-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Just to be clear, we are not currently planning a vanity thief. But we could one day.Justg already clarified that they are not currently planning a vanity thief. See for yourself in this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?374514-Vanity-Thief&p=2588301&viewfull=1#post2588301).

dinzly
09-28-2016, 10:59 AM
bfore

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160928/5b019370d0ea01c4e13e7dba57c76e91.jpg

after

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160928/2eb76d2654461ffd2bbc48e6c7126733.jpg

R.I.P Sirspendalot

Hail
09-28-2016, 11:22 AM
I have only one fairly expensive vanity to my name, a Green Arlor vest for rogue, and if that was re-released I would be angry beyond words, and I cant help but empathise for those with sets valued much higher than mine.
Also, not only would they lose their value but they would lose their desirability. Remember when owning a Commando set was a goal? They re-released that and it lost so much of its uniqueness when everyone started wearing it, same applies to the jester sets. Everyone wanted the red coloured set > it got released > barely anyone wears it to this day.
To those who want an 'equal chance' for these exclusive vanities. Since when is releasing it to everyone considered 'equal'. If you want something, you need to deserve it. I don't care if you have to spend three hours a day farming every day of the week to earn this, at least you worked for it because I can assure you, that's nothing compared to what previous leaderboard runners have sacrificed for these very sets. STS please keep these exclusive collectibles EXCLUSIVE! As Zeus said, they don't alter game-play in any way, shape or form, they serve merely as goals for us to work towards.

Oakmaiden
09-28-2016, 12:22 PM
Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Yeeeeee haaaaaw.:victorious:

Anyona
09-28-2016, 12:27 PM
The thread I made was intended as a joke. Everyone is running wild over what? A mere joke?

Vanities still have value but when there is limited ways to make the gold needed to purchase a vanity and it's pointless to say an expensive vanity is a "long term goal" because by the time you have the gold, most likely a new piece of better gear has been released.

Everything does loose value, arcane eggs are consumed and they're not 60m right? So why is ice golem "60m" or ghost "12m" .

There clearly is a limited supply so something should be done to increase it. In a healthy way of course. Heck throw them into lockeds. It doesn't bother me, as long as they're reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axtig
09-28-2016, 12:42 PM
Click the link or copy paste it. Youll see what justg just said about this vanity thief topic.

Http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?374514-Vanity-Thief/page3&highlight=Golem

JesuisCharlie
09-28-2016, 01:27 PM
The "Vanity Thief"

This subject is important for anyone today because most of Arlorians own one or two vanities on their pockets, but, also for those who bought rare events vanities ( simple or leaderboard ones).
Because we can also consider that isn't important for those who love their vanities and don't plan to sell them one day, at no cost.

The comparaison with the last "egg-event" started to affraid few peoples.
No worries! The Spacetime team know exactly their job extremly well and it will be foolish to underestimate them.

Indeed, an EGG: is a CONSUMABLE item. Own them is a global goal and one of the first for all, also a personnal achievement.

Where it's easy to understand what is an egg, vanities are harder to figure, so i made 2category:

1) "Classique" vanities, some cool designs frequently availables on the game ( the commando set, the Kraken set etc )

Actually,

2) "Events" vanities, special themed vanities availables during events
a) "Leaderboard tradeable" vanities.
b) "untradeables" vanities ( forum events, leaderboards etc).

Vanity, defenition ( ? ): we can consider a vanity, an item that change the way you look. Without any Stats modifications.
They have a relatively "good life" on the time because peoples like sell them back to buy new ones. So, their prices don't change so much.

Each vanities were almost added everytime massively on the game for his interest, they are so 2nd rang items with differents looks for differents countries, personnalities and affordables with your adventure though the game.

There is something that should come in your mind, why we got a new "under category"? I have some suppositions about it.

"Tradeables Leaderboard" vanities: ELITE Vanities, easy to understand, their designs are perfects. Available later via plat purchase, their firsts owner got the luck to admire them first.

This is a logical way to protect them and make live the game with more business.

Every single pixel of work tradeables mean to be availables.
When you played the LB you got first, the fun and the hype to play on biggest Arcane Events.
second, your name forever on the arcane history
Then, prices, if you played for tradeables vanities, who got a preview of elite vanities. You can keep or sell them. If you played for untradeables vanities, you got unique vanitie(s) but with no value.
With all this, a special banners and casuals prices.

Here is my thoughs but there is so much more to discuss about vanities. I also keep in mind that the second best strenght of their dev team is the surprise, so nothing it predicable but all have a goal..
Respect what you read and write what you think, no just "no" or "yes". Accept to stay longer to write ideas if you like the game and this subject. The most important isn't what have be done but how things are and evolve. Thanks for those who read me, agree or not.

blazerdd
09-28-2016, 01:32 PM
agree or not.

Im not sure what Im supposed to be agreeing with?

JesuisCharlie
09-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Today, we give to peoples the possibility to react at everythings. I can't say myself "i'm omniscient", but i use my experience to react.
I experienced some people judge me like "you want all things free" you aren't loyal".. I'm just giving my humble opinion taking time to try to write a proper english! Some of us should do the same.
I just put this quote for those who think "your to lazy" to farm! The normal things what..

Tatman
09-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Speaking of lazy, I am indeed too lazy to farm flags. Can we have a flag thief? After the vanity one of course.

Perceval
09-28-2016, 03:51 PM
I think its a case of just asking sts to release exclusive and really really good looking vanities via somewhere other than lb events. Putting some future vanities in locked crates and making them a very rare drop should do the trick.

I don't know about anyone who seemed like they weren't joking by agreeing with a vanity thief but oh well ;) calm down guys!

Burstnuke
09-28-2016, 04:06 PM
I think a vanity thief would be fine, imo. Not only would this stop hoarding (people trying to control the market LUL), it would allow others to get some vanities are there hands that would usually be super expensive

Recipe
09-28-2016, 04:11 PM
If a vanity thief were to happen, it has to be super rare to get him , rarer than Arcane chest .

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Hercules
09-28-2016, 04:23 PM
If a vanity thief were to happen, it has to be super rare to get him , rarer than Arcane chest .

Yes I agree hehehe

Fredystern
09-28-2016, 07:06 PM

Agree

Errorrz
09-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Why need vanity thieft ? Why not platinums / golds thieft ? Want be rich right ? So ask STS for platinums/golds thieft . Lmao

EbenevTheMage
09-28-2016, 07:38 PM
how if Vanity Thief drop a brand new vanity? will this ruin the market of old vanities n some LB vanities?

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

yeldarbroz
09-28-2016, 08:47 PM
what do you mean by this??im new player so i dont know many things

Lol, here is someone clearly interested in learning how to plat farm...

Jk ^^

Fsuryo
09-28-2016, 09:09 PM
Maybe this vanity thief will encourage people to stop running for event lbs using unhealthy amounts of time, account sharing and spending ridiculous amounts to achieve top spots.

please someone tell me about "account sharing"... have no idea what he/she mean..
thx

resurrected
09-28-2016, 11:48 PM
please someone tell me about "account sharing"... have no idea what he/she mean..
thx
Account sharing is playing on one account with another people, giving them email and password to your account then they log in and play event for you when you are at school, work or sleep. Yes this is
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/7c0ff39acde8647cb73ad47774f73505.jpg

EbenevTheMage
09-29-2016, 12:23 AM
Account sharing is playing on one account with another people, giving them email and password to your account then they log in and play event for you when you are at school, work or sleep. Yes this is
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/7c0ff39acde8647cb73ad47774f73505.jpg
how if i play with my phone n my tablet? still considered as "account sharing" ?

or

how if my kid borrow my phone n play my account? still considered as "account sharing" too?

resurrected
09-29-2016, 02:57 AM
how if i play with my phone n my tablet? still considered as "account sharing" ?

or

how if my kid borrow my phone n play my account? still considered as "account sharing" too?

First one no
Second one. Well sort of. Stalkers will say that it is and report u but who will know your kid play and not you? I guess shouldn't worry about that

Hail
09-29-2016, 11:12 AM

I agree too. A 0% spawn rate seems good to me.

hardcore
09-29-2016, 11:25 AM
I agree too. A 0% spawn rate seems good to me.

Agreed 0% swan rate is awesomeness cool ;)

Zeus
09-29-2016, 12:23 PM
Yay, JustG commented in other thread. I think it's time to close this thread since we got a definite answer.

Ardbeg
09-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Clarification is here:

A couple of things:

1) This is not even on the horizon, so don't sweat it for now.

2) There are a ton of vanities in the game, not just leaderboard ones. IF we ever do a vanity thief, we won't just give away what people have worked so hard for.

3) Anyone who says they will quit if we do this or that gets a time out. We don't like threats and are sure you can communicate in a more mature fashion. Use your adult words.

Rock on,

- g

Qnoy
09-29-2016, 12:43 PM
When this is happen and ruining the market, then soon We will see another "thief got thieved" thread again 😝

Sent from my Lenovo A6010 using Tapatalk

Justg
09-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Ease up on the drama folks, it's just a game.

To reiterate:

A couple of things:

1) This is not even on the horizon, so don't sweat it for now.

2) There are a ton of vanities in the game, not just leaderboard ones. IF we ever do a vanity thief, we won't just give away what people have worked so hard for.

3) Anyone who says they will quit if we do this or that gets a time out. We don't like threats and are sure you can communicate in a more mature fashion. Use your adult words.

Rock on,

- g

Shutting this one down.