PDA

View Full Version : Possible solutions to the possible vanity thief

Suentous PO
09-28-2016, 03:02 PM
So I'm in a position where I can agree and disagree with both sides. But rather than saying things that have already been said I have 4 possible solutions to the vanity problems.

1: recoloring. The simplest solution and probably the easiest. Might not make all sides happy though as value of old vanities might still drop

2: reworking the appearance of the old ones. And example would be changing facial expression on the ghost

3: create a quest that allows players to take old vanity and add an affect to them that no one Who receives the new re-released vanities will have. Like a kershal orb or rendtail ground effect.

4: ban everyone making vanity threads XD. I'm still rockin steel commando lol

What pros and cons do you guys see with these solutions?

Zeus
09-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Recolor and release if you have to. Just don't release the same thing.

Psychoism
09-28-2016, 03:08 PM

Lmao ban 'em all.
Just like Original Jesters, Sts remake Red Jester and White Jester. But IMO i still don't agree for the vanity thief lol

Alwarez
09-28-2016, 03:16 PM
Recolor lb vanities

blazerdd
09-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Recolor lb vanities

Or just have another lb vanity as a reward this halloween... :D

EbenevTheMage
09-28-2016, 07:45 PM
How if Vanity Thief only drop the kit to edit the color of existing vanity?

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

Hercules
09-28-2016, 08:01 PM
I imagine hammerjaw or Shady and surge recoloured lol hihihi

Suentous PO
09-28-2016, 08:25 PM
How if Vanity Thief only drop the kit to edit the color of existing vanity?

That's a cool idea

I remember when Samhayne made a vanity version of an old armor he mentioned that things can be tinted fairly easily, but to radically change a color isn't as easy, so there would be practical limitations most likely. We had this pale blue armor and he was able to make a pink yellow and darker blue/purple version. Seems like how watercolor paint works in that you can't go from say blue to its chromatic opposite orange, or red to green. I'm guessing, I don't code c++.

I'm surprised the people saying "aw hell no" to a vanity thief aren't chiming in.

yeldarbroz
09-28-2016, 08:43 PM
That's a cool idea

I remember when Samhayne made a vanity version of an old armor he mentioned that things can be tinted fairly easily, but to radically change a color isn't as easy, so there would be practical limitations most likely. We had this pale blue armor and he was able to make a pink yellow and darker blue/purple version. Seems like how watercolor paint works in that you can't go from say blue to its chromatic opposite orange, or red to green. I'm guessing, I don't code c++.

I'm surprised the people saying "aw hell no" to a vanity thief aren't chiming in.

Aw hell no!

Lol jokes aside, I really do think vanity thief is a terrible idea. Arcane pets aren't a status symbol anymore, pve kills can be easily botted, all gears are under 2m for the most part... rare vanities is one of the old ways left to show your status as a committed, pro player anymore. And just to clarify, I do NOT have any vanities worth more than 600k-ish... I'm not saying this to protect my investments. The only way for the egg economy to recover is to add like 40 new pets, and have many of those be crafted from old pets, but I promise that's not gonna happen soon. Just leave the vanity market alone.

EbenevTheMage
09-28-2016, 08:46 PM
Aw hell no!

Lol jokes aside, I really do think vanity thief is a terrible idea. Arcane pets aren't a status symbol anymore, pve kills can be easily botted, all gears are under 2m for the most part... rare vanities is one of the old ways left to show your status as a committed, pro player anymore. And just to clarify, I do NOT have any vanities worth more than 600k-ish... I'm not saying this to protect my investments. The only way for the egg economy to recover is to add like 40 new pets, and have many of those be crafted from old pets, but I promise that's not gonna happen soon. Just leave the vanity market alone.
ok, no vanity drop, but how about Vanity Thief drop the kit to change vanity look for existing vanities (e.g. = color) ?

TheBoon
09-28-2016, 10:10 PM
No to vanity thief, yes to weapon thief instead, we can use weapons in the expansion, but vanity, uhmmm, never mind.

intizamfamily888
09-29-2016, 02:12 AM
Green jester sets would be awesome@.@

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Golem
09-29-2016, 04:20 AM
So I'm in a position where I can agree and disagree with both sides. But rather than saying things that have already been said I have 4 possible solutions to the vanity problems.

1: recoloring. The simplest solution and probably the easiest. Might not make all sides happy though as value of old vanities might still drop

2: reworking the appearance of the old ones. And example would be changing facial expression on the ghost

3: create a quest that allows players to take old vanity and add an affect to them that no one Who receives the new re-released vanities will have. Like a kershal orb or rendtail ground effect.

What pros and cons do you guys see with these solutions?

That 1. Was same what i was thinking about! Good thread

xutreuqux
09-29-2016, 05:39 AM
Sts has crashed egg market, and the set items market, now they want to crash the vanity market. What a wise move .-.

Alwarez
09-29-2016, 06:29 AM
Sts has crashed egg market, and the set items market, now they want to crash the vanity market. What a wise move .-.

They do it to make players play the game instead of merching maybe?

mutantninjaz
09-29-2016, 06:44 AM
+1 recolor vanities pls :)

i would love to have those cool lb vanities but in different color in this way both sides can be happy :P

Suentous PO
09-29-2016, 06:51 AM

Those things were unchanged and rereleased.
The idea here is to change new sets to retain exclusivity of old vanities ( or vice versa in suggestion #3).
Can't really know if value would crash without knowing how the existing demand of old items might change or not. We would also be assuming how many would be introduced when saying "it will crash".

The last two times we had this random spawn "thief" type boss sts decided when enough had been introduced and ended it to mitigate the crash. There's no reason it should spawn constantly and drop the best gear often.

Ps I still don't care if it happens or not, it's funny to watch both sides squirm :p

Daehanie
09-29-2016, 07:01 AM
No more thief please.. Any thief..

Alwarez
09-29-2016, 07:06 AM
No more thief please.. Any thief..

Lots of players became active all of a sudden though

Eagle Eye229
09-30-2016, 04:52 AM
Solution-change the color of the rarest items and add "thief's" to the name.might make a difference??

Hail
09-30-2016, 05:54 AM
How many threads need to be made... JustG already stated they are not working on this at the moment, they have more important things to attend to for now, e.g. expansion, battlegrounds.
If anything, just release new vanity designs with this upcoming expansion... recolouring can't work for every vanity design. How does a red ice yeti/golem/spirit make sense? Is Frankenstein pink? Is a ghost rainbow coloured?

Suentous PO
09-30-2016, 08:24 AM
@ Hail- this was all before G said it wasn't going to happen, and this was the only thread that tried to find a middle ground.
No one said anything about a pink Frankenstein or rainbow ghosts - derp

Hail
09-30-2016, 09:03 AM
@ Hail- this was all before G said it wasn't going to happen, and this was the only thread that tried to find a middle ground.
No one said anything about a pink Frankenstein or rainbow ghosts - derp

Sorry! My bad, I missed the date of the original post. However my opinion against recolouring still stands, it doesn't make sense to change the look of these iconic vanities/characters.

Justg
09-30-2016, 09:57 AM
Vanity Thief Standard Response:

A couple of things:

1) This is not even on the horizon, so don't sweat it for now.

2) There are a ton of vanities in the game, not just leaderboard ones. IF we ever do a vanity thief, we won't just give away what people have worked so hard for.

3) Anyone who says they will quit if we do this or that gets a time out. We don't like threats and are sure you can communicate in a more mature fashion. Use your adult words.

Rock on,

- g

Shutting this one down.