PDA

View Full Version : So, I introduced myself to Egofury, leader of the Neon Genesis...

Ebalere
09-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I thought it would be good to introduce myself to Ego and together we could help douse the flames between our guilds, as I've had it happen more than a few times, and so has he. He turned out to be a really cool guy, very mature, and is just having fun like the rest of us. I had a nice convo with him that ended with him giving me about 10-12 epic gears for me to give to my guildies. I was amazed at this act of generousity, as it is far too uncommon these days.

I just wanted to put it out there to the people that have been bashing him, that he is a great guy and me and him both know it's not easy keeping tabs on a massive guild, and that 3-4 bad apples dont ruin the whole bunch. I'd like to say as well that from this day forward, we (KoC), have no issues with Neon and would appreciate all our members showing his members respect, and hope that Neon does the same. It's a good feeling knowing two powerful guilds can get along and continue to grow together. I love meeting people that can hold an intelligent convo, and Ego is definately one of those people. Cheers to Neon Genesis and here's to a drama free time in space!

octavos
09-21-2011, 02:32 PM
I thought it would be good to introduce myself to Ego and together we could help douse the flames between our guilds, as I've had it happen more than a few times, and so has he. He turned out to be a really cool guy, very mature, and is just having fun like the rest of us. I had a nice convo with him that ended with him giving me about 10-12 epic gears for me to give to my guildies. I was amazed at this act of generousity, as it is far too uncommon these days.

I just wanted to put it out there to the people that have been bashing him, that he is a great guy and me and him both know it's not easy keeping tabs on a massive guild, and that 3-4 bad apples dont ruin the whole bunch. I'd like to say as well that from this day forward, we (KoC), have no issues with Neon and would appreciate all our members showing his members respect, and hope that Neon does the same. It's a good feeling knowing two powerful guilds can get along and continue to grow together. I love meeting people that can hold an intelligent convo, and Ego is definately one of those people. Cheers to Neon Genesis and here's to a drama free time in space!

thank you ebalere ppl have free will and stay or leave a guild if they like... hence the beauty of this game. guilds are formed to help build bonds and friendships....whether that person is in your guild or not.
In rage of mages, i don't mind that at all....but to be promoted is a different story :p thanks for helping not to cause a flame war, but an avenue of trust for all guilds. :)

Dracula
09-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Good to hear

Fac3bon3s
09-21-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't know where people get their info from. I've never had a problem with anyone in this game. You would have to go pretty far out of your way to make people dislike you in this game. Flame wars here in the forums as everyone knows is just immature children at play. So lets keep it civil and everyone should be happy.

Now if we could only get rid of those pesky actors in Slouch-O. I don't know how many times I've killed Spamtonio Landeras, but he always seems to be there when I return.

OmincrossMX
09-21-2011, 03:47 PM
That was THE speech of the year!!:D

Suentous PO
09-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Antiflame post :) = h2o post?
Good show chaps! Good to see.

CanonicalKoi
09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Biggest of congrats to the leaders of both guilds for being mature, stand-up kinds of guys about this. Really, well done, guys! :D

melancholy-storm
09-22-2011, 11:20 AM

One of my favorite in-game experiences :)
Looking forward to working with KoC in the midst of friendly competition

Now if we could only get rid of those pesky actors in Slouch-O. I don't know how many times I've killed Spamtonio Landeras, but he always seems to be there when I return.

Spamtonio Landeras and Brandon Laser, some of the worst actors in the entire galaxy. They must be snuffed. For obvious reasons..

Skeletonlord
09-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Skeletonlord here

Ebalere
09-22-2011, 11:48 AM

One of my favorite in-game experiences :)
Looking forward to working with KoC in the midst of friendly competition

Spamtonio Landeras and Brandon Laser, some of the worst actors in the entire galaxy. They must be snuffed. For obvious reasons..

LOL I liked Spamtonio in "Once Upon a Time in Delta 7"..

One of the runs in slouch should have been called "3:10 to Numa" lol

melancholy-storm
09-25-2011, 01:39 PM
LOL I liked Spamtonio in "Once Upon a Time in Delta 7"..

Yeah and that belly button situation going on with Miner McGurik. Charming..

Cero
10-03-2011, 11:39 PM

see yah ig

Necrobane
10-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Good to hear ;) any custom pieces? :P

thequickone
10-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Kudos to both Ebalere and Egofury. You are both a credit to your respective guilds and to keeping the in-game experience positive. You both deserve vanity fire fighters' helmets!

I actually have a funny story... A while ago, I had read some of the, well... not so positive stuff being written about both Egofury and his guild, in general. Shortly after, I saw Egofury in-game, just chilling at the Auction Terminal, but felt too intimidated to strike up a conversation. I mean, there he was, standing right in front if me! The "villain" leader of Neon Genesis, himself. I ended up leaving the zone, but felt like garbage. I didn't even give him the chance to defend himself! The next time I (Faebronia) ran into him, I made a point of stopping to chat. I told him I had read the things written on the forums, but wanted to hear directly from him if there was any truth to it. We had a long, intelligent, and very friendly conversation, and I was left with very little doubt of the truth. Which is, Egofury and his guild, I am sure like many others, have indeed suffered from the unfortunate negativity that comes from a few bad apples or individuals bearing a grudge. I should never have been so silly as to have avoided him in the first place! :p

JazzBlue
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
I should never have been so silly as to have avoided him in the first place! :p

You never have to avoid him, or any other members of Neon. If you see me out & about, feel free to say hello & put me on your Friends list!

Always looking for fun sociable players to beat up mobs with! :tongue:

MimeRifle
10-04-2011, 11:03 AM
You never have to avoid him, or any other members of Neon. If you see me out & about, feel free to say hello & put me on your Friends list!

I can attest to that! I have met several NGs, and they are great players and nice as can be. JazzBlue in particular!! :). Jazz, phyllisdiller told me last night you said "hi"! Thanks! (see what I mean? Friendly!!)

thequickone
10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
I should never have been so silly as to have avoided him in the first place! :p

Yup! Learned that lesson! :rolleyes: I don't know what I was thinking, and I'll never make the same mistake again.

Most of the people in the game I have met have been very friendly, as I try to be myself. Neon Genesis leadership is no exception. The lesson here is, and we have all heard these before; 1) Don't judge a book by its cover, and 2) Don't believe everything you read/hear. Take the time to figure things out for yourself.

Also, thanks for the reassurance, Jazz. I met you in-game the other day (with Helpdesk, I think...). We had a bit of time to chat, which I enjoyed thoroughly, and we friended eachother! ;)

And before I forget, Neon Genesis is such a cool guild name. I'm a pretty big anime buff, and I absolutely loved that series!

Now, before I pull this thread too far off-course; thanks again Ebalere for taking the time to calm the waters between these two very large guilds. I strongly believe the officers and members of each guild can look up to their guilds' leaders as examples of civility and morality!

Ephemeris
10-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Awesome post, Ebalere, and kudos to both you and Ego for demonstrating what it means to be both excellent members of the community as well as fantastic GMs. I, too, had read many of the inflammatory posts referenced by others (so I wasn't quite sure what to make of the situation), but this post just goes to show how a little kindness and maturity can mend a dire-looking situation. +1 to KoC and NG! :)

LelouchX
10-04-2011, 11:13 PM
I've run with people from neon genesis on more than one occasion, and have had nothing but positive experiences. Actually, I did some runs tonight with on of their guildies (sry my memory is terrible when I comes to names, and I'm also very bad at remembering Alts) and he was very friendly and respectful. it was a pug that turned into an all-but-1-non-KoC run as people kept dropping out, but I've come to love doing mixed guild runs over the past 2 weeks. it's a great way to meet other cool people. looking forward to more mixed guild runs with you guys!

melancholy-storm
11-25-2011, 12:14 AM
It's amazing how quickly things can change, eh? Once friendly competitors GM Egofury and GM Ebalare now in the same guild? Bro, I couldn't thank you more for introducing me to your awesome friends at Infinite Union. You guys are like my second family now.