PDA

View Full Version : Meeting areas idea

n00b13st
09-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I had an idea about adding meeting areas and then when I saw Redbridge's post ( http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?28937-Towne-tweaking-ideas-and-suggestions.&p=422986#post422986 ) about player homes I thought "two great tastes that taste great together!" Well, not really but I think that now. Really, I'm thinking it right this moment. :D

(Side question - I see in the editing buttons above a PHP button. PVE is player vs. enemy, PVP is player vs. player. Is PHP player hugs player? ;)

My original idea was to have lockable rooms in the top tier guild halls. A modification inspired by Redbridge's idea is to have player homes with all of the relevant meeting hall functionality I'm going to suggest here - a player home would be a permanently reserved meeting hall in effect (though with a larger up front cost of course.)

Ideas for functionality:

Entry: Could be via portal(s) in one or all towns, also possibly via portals in guilds. (This one is not relevant to player homes of course.)
Restrictability: Whether entry is via town or guild or it is a player home, it should be lockable. I'd suggest being able to restrict to any/all of: guild, own guild, guild officers, own guild officers, guild masters (top level multi-guild strategy talks anyone?), password, invitation-only.
Guild hall option: Guild halls (possibly limited to top tiers or number of meeting rooms being related to guild tier) If entry is via guild hall or meeting room is attached to guild hall, the restrictability should have seniority preemptibility. I.E. if it is locked by a regular member, any officer can enter. If locked by an officer, GM can still enter. If locked by GM, only those meeting the entry settings can get in.
Exit: You should be able to exit via one of two doors - one to your guild, if any, the other to the town where you came from or (if you didn't come from town) to Forest Haven.

Player homes and meeting rooms attached to guild halls would be part of a one-time purchase. The public meeting halls? I'd suggest a rental system - you're paying for the ability to have a specific group meet and talk in private. Pay could be gold or plat and could be discounted "pay in advance" or slightly more expensive per hour but cheaper for short meetings "pay as you go".