PDA

View Full Version : Darwin award applications (aka, things you wouldn't have done if you'd thought more.)

n00b13st
09-21-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd like to start a hopefully amusing thread about things we've all done that weren't exactly good ideas for our survival. Primarily I mean in game but RL situations are ok too - just no intentional self-harm stories please? This is supposed to be fun.

In game:

I'd taken to not wearing my gear in town so I would attract less attention (who looks at people in noob clothes?). After a couple of friends came online we decided to go to Croc Feud and play. After we'd been there for a short time one friend asked me "You got some new gear?" I suddenly realized "OMG! I'm naked!" and quickly put on my stuff while trying not to fall on the floor from LMAO.

IRL:

As a teenager after working an open-to-close shift at the pizza restaurant where we both worked my roommate and I drove up the road to Safeway to get some groceries. On the way home he suggested "Hey, I'll drive with my eyes closed and you tell me which way to steer." I agreed, which shows clearly that being tired is just as bad for your judgment as being drunk - otherwise we were totally sober. Neither one of us happened to consider the fact that he wasn't really the greatest with the whole left/right thing. Short story, we ran into a telephone pole, wrecked the car, broke some bones and got some cuts. Nothing crippling and as a free parting gift I got this wonderful story to tell people about the dumb things people do sometimes.

How about you? Got a funny story about things you've done in game or IRL that weren't maybe the best course for your health and well-being? Share, roll in the "DOAH!" with me!

StompArtist
09-21-2011, 04:28 PM
In PL: When I first started playing I told a guy to stop stealing all the gold (he was opening the chest and I did not realize the gold went to everyone).

In RL: I made a potato gun and purposely shot myself in the stomach. Broke 2 ribs. High velocity potatoes are dangerous folks.

n00b13st
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
In PL: When I first started playing I told a guy to stop stealing all the gold (he was opening the chest and I did not realize the gold went to everyone).

In RL: I made a potato gun and purposely shot myself in the stomach. Broke 2 ribs. High velocity potatoes are dangerous folks.

LOL. (BTW, the forums are stingy. "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.".)

Grimtigrex
09-21-2011, 04:43 PM
In pl: I told someone to stop spamming then I realized I was spamming him to stop spamming :)

Grimtigrex
09-21-2011, 04:44 PM
What just happened to my post ?

Nourish
09-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I really haven't had any newb accidents I can remember...

Although IRL my friend was standing under the door frame and when he was turning (facing the side of the frame) he sneezed and headbutted the door... Was hilarious