PDA

View Full Version : Solo hideout/goldfever run with 52 mage, no elixers!

Charmstrange
09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Ok, this took forever, but since I make these ridiculous and pointless goals for myself I thought I'd tell you guys about it.

I was making some changes to my 52 (locked) mage and wanted to test my new gear setup, so I applied my efforts to the bandit boy hideout and its nefarious boss, goldfever. I did not use any elixers. Here are the results:

Time to clear map before boss room (skipped cat and hall to bank): 11 min; Death: 1 in mob; Potion usage: 28 health, 45 mana.

Boss fight: Defeated Goldfever on 4th attempt. (3 deaths: 1 skill usage error, 2 lag)
Time: 37 min. This was the total time including all 4 attempts and 3 walks from the start of the map. Sorry I don't know the time for just the successful attempt alone.
Potion usage: 522 health (lol), 351 Mana (again, this is the total for all boss attempts combined)

Then I went back and finished cat and hall to the bank in 6 more minutes, using 26 more health potions and 15 mana potions.

Rewards: lvl 51 scraper's gemstone robes from boss, lvl 51 plunger's gemstone helm from cat o.O
(I guess I'll just have to bask in the *feeling* of success, haha)

Maybe this has already been done, but I didn't know before if it was possible.

I'm interested in solo runs as they show me where my weaknesses are, improve my skill usage, and help me understand npc mob/boss characteristics better. In this case, I was only really doing damage when hitting with skills with crit blessing on, and a lot of that skill uptime got sucked into destroying the chests every time they went green. I had to self combo every chance I got, and was less than 3 seconds from death the entire time. In fact, one death was from a measly 3k ping spike. Alternating armor blessing and mana shield with consistency was essential.

If anyone else wants to share a tale of solo accomplishment, I'd love to hear other stories...

Matutd
09-21-2011, 05:40 PM
U will probably never believe it...
But I can solo meathead O_o
Pretty awesome huh? :P

Serious note: nice work :)

Whirlzap
09-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Once soloed Shadow Witch.
At level 87 that was.
(goes back to the future)

Coltona
09-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Hehe soloed witch with my Dex bear, and soloed fever with Dex bear and warbird. No lies, no elixirs.

Hankomachos
09-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Nice job! :)

Charmstrange
09-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Hehe soloed witch with my Dex bear, and soloed fever with Dex bear and warbird. No lies, no elixirs.

That witch is seriously mean, good job. What level was your dex bear when you solo'd? I could tank witch with my 52 bear in str gear, but couldn't do damage. Anyway, that's awesome

Charmstrange
09-24-2011, 12:04 AM

haha, you will forever remain an inspiration to me. In a similar vein, do you remember when you first met silknight?! Wow she was scary

crestmage
09-26-2011, 07:48 PM

HA HA! Sure, scarrry... meathead for the lvl 10s... :shame:

crestmage
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
haha, you will forever remain an inspiration to me. In a similar vein, do you remember when you first met silknight?! Wow she was scary

Lolz HORRIFYING Silknight! Ahhhhhh, run!!! :nightmare:

crestmage
09-26-2011, 07:50 PM
That witch is seriously mean, good job. What level was your dex bear when you solo'd? I could tank witch with my 52 bear in str gear, but couldn't do damage. Anyway, that's awesome

Wow Soloing Fever is really an accomplishment. But as for silk and meat.............

SweetCherry
09-27-2011, 06:52 AM
From the Meathead i got... Green Staff for 17 lv :D That was my one of the better weapons at 5 lv :D First time when i saw Meathead i just said : Zombie Attack ! Run !

Tamino
09-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Fever is hard to solo, congratz! For testing gear setup I do prefer Catacombs, ThrashHeap can be kited easily, only Slick requires fast pot spamming. Anyway, Good Job!

apoceq
09-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Used to solo Trash heap, goldfever, king mynas, ummm Overlord as a 55 str bear with fort.

Charmstrange
09-28-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the replies, this makes me feel like i'm not totally crazy for tediously soloing maps and bosses (or maybe you guys are just as crazy as I am :p )
Since there seemed to be more interest in this, I created the SOLO BOARDS so that players can post their boss solo accomplishment. Here's the link:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38079-THE-SOLO-BOARDS-Ongoing-Unofficial-Contest

All character classes will be represented for each boss, and the idea is to solo bosses with the lowest level toon possible. The thread is posted in general discussion.

Tamino, I will definitely check out catacombs again for gear testing, thx for the tip