PDA

View Full Version : True "Guild" stash idea..

TANKKAAR
09-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Heres my idea:

Implement a true "guild stash" feature, which would allow the owner of items to stash them in the shared guild stash. After stashed, the items can be "borrowed" by other guild members with a few stipulations.

1) borrowed items from guild stash would reflect in your inventory as non-tradable (simliar to plat items) this wouod prevent any items from being used by a 3rd party.
2) the true owner would maintain full power and ownership over these items with a simple "repossess" feature. That means if the member who borrowed from stash was to become inactive, the owner wouldnt lose his items as he could just use this feature and re-accuire them.
3) if a member was to quit or be removed from guild all the "borrowed" items from the stash would be placed back into guild stash for use by othe members.

Unlike your traditional stash this would have to be a plat purchased upgrade to your guild but like a personal stash additional slots would be available for purchase to ensure you have enough room to store all the amazing items! Over all it woud act more as a service provided by members, for members rather then allow people to profit individually. But seriously if you were to be in a well established guild and were thinking about leveling a new toon to end game. How cool would it be if you didnt have to buy a single item till he was lvl60? I cant tell you how many items and sets i use when lvling a new toon and think about the money saved? All of that could be put towards the one endgame set that eveyone wants but only some can afford.

Please no flaming, if you dont like this idea just simply say why :) and well, if you do think its a good idea then lets hear why? Who knows....Maybe this could be implemented in the future?

Cascade
09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
So pretty much you lend the items to your guildies.

Cytokinesis
09-21-2011, 06:16 PM
So pretty much you lend the items to your guildies.
mhmmm... :)

Redbridge
09-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Yep, you got my vote... +1

StompArtist
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
That works. Would also be funny to repo at boss!

TANKKAAR
09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Yep, you got my vote... +1

Thanks! TBH i was very suprised when i found this feature wasnt implemented with the full guild roll-out. I do hope its something we see in the future :)

Yes that would be hilarious but im sure that certain steps would have to be taken to avoid things like this from happening...lol ... Maybe a prompt on screen saying your items are being repossed and will be unequipped and removed in 2minutes....idk but something...hahaha

Kraze
09-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Would make a life a little easier. There is work arounds to the lack of guild stash but it presently requires a lot of plat for the stash holder to buy slots and that person has to be on in order to check the item out. I think this would be a nice optional upgrade to guild halls

Zerious
09-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Great idea. I like the repo idea too. This will ensure that scamming isn't possible. Although It sounds like a lot of work for the devs... But putting this as a Plat upgrade would proly make it worth their while :eagerness: I'd definitely buy it for my guild

CrimsonTider
09-21-2011, 09:44 PM
It would save a lot of time logging, catalogging, tagging, and tracking for certain individuals... *clears throat* :)

Seriously, given the correct regulations and implementation, this would be a wonderful addition. +1 bro!

SUPAPRODIGY
09-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Agree with your idea Tankkaar hope this can get implanted into game ASAP :)

Nourish
09-21-2011, 09:54 PM
+2, Yes I'm special

Truseeker
09-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Heres my idea:

Implement a true "guild stash" feature, which would allow the owner of items to stash them in the shared guild stash. After stashed, the items can be "borrowed" by other guild members with a few stipulations.

1) borrowed items from guild stash would reflect in your inventory as non-tradable (simliar to plat items) this wouod prevent any items from being used by a 3rd party.
2) the true owner would maintain full power and ownership over these items with a simple "repossess" feature. That means if the member who borrowed from stash was to become inactive, the owner wouldnt lose his items as he could just use this feature and re-accuire them.
3) if a member was to quit or be removed from guild all the "borrowed" items from the stash would be placed back into guild stash for use by othe members.

Unlike your traditional stash this would have to be a plat purchased upgrade to your guild but like a personal stash additional slots would be available for purchase to ensure you have enough room to store all the amazing items! Over all it woud act more as a service provided by members, for members rather then allow people to profit individually. But seriously if you were to be in a well established guild and were thinking about leveling a new toon to end game. How cool would it be if you didnt have to buy a single item till he was lvl60? I cant tell you how many items and sets i use when lvling a new toon and think about the money saved? All of that could be put towards the one endgame set that eveyone wants but only some can afford.

Please no flaming, if you dont like this idea just simply say why :) and well, if you do think its a good idea then lets hear why? Who knows....Maybe this could be implemented in the future?

this is a great idea . i can definitely see this working . +1

Ixillicus
09-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Good idea. +1

Heroelite
09-22-2011, 02:14 PM
+1 :)

nvm says i need to spread some reputation around before sending to tankkaar again

Skeletonlord
09-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Making the guild stash shared would allow players to borrow other players items. Great idea!

Skeletonlord
09-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Hope to see it in game

Hankomachos
09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
That is an awesome idea! +3

Hankomachos
09-22-2011, 02:53 PM
And ill give you moar repz when I get home! :D
Yes...moar...!!!!

Grimtigrex
09-22-2011, 03:11 PM
+1 awesome idea

StompArtist
09-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Only problem I see is the code to keep track of all the guild item would require every item to be "unique" with an owner in the database which would probably require STS to do a lot of work on items... I think it's a great idea but I am doubtful we would see it in the near future, could be the stuff of future releases tough!

octavos
09-22-2011, 03:39 PM

hahahahahaha, i can see it now....gunz blazin...POOF....all you have is your vanity lol.

Gluttony
09-22-2011, 03:54 PM
hahahahahaha, i can see it now....gunz blazin...POOF....all you have is your vanity lol.

That's probably a major reason that this idea won't fly, being able to strip someone of their (borrowed) gear at will would be a source for some to abuse. The items should only be returned to the toon that put them in stash if they leave the guild. I'm not even sure if the owner should be notified when the item is removed from stash as that could be a source of harassment if the original owner suddenly wants his items back and knows who has them. I hope that guild members work together as a cohesive unit, but I think that just trading amongst yourselves should suffice for now.

Fncrazy
09-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Sts DO IT!

JaytB
09-22-2011, 09:28 PM
+1

Definitely better than good old Crimson having to log on everytime a member needs something LOL

Trollee
09-22-2011, 09:29 PM
+ 1 Love the idea.
I can't see it being implemented for quite some time due to the workload required but I look forward to it.

PatsoeGamer
09-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Its a great idea! I can see a lot of PM's from the borrower after the items get removed though lol Lets reverse it.. what would happen if the lender becomes inactive? Would all the members only have access to lend out guild items?

Fao
11-26-2011, 03:01 PM
awesome idea! I had a similar idea once but nevr got to posting it! i hope they do make one of these!!! :D

zorathorg
10-20-2013, 04:52 PM
NECROD.... still extra +1 from me again!!