PDA

View Full Version : Mage skill tweak for non knockback playstyle

bmc85uk
06-25-2010, 03:57 PM
As the title suggests, I know from an earlier post that a lot of people on here either like or don't mind the knockback, but there are those out there who like me find it a huge pain to keep track of.

And so, if a new combo was allowed for ice storm/lightning instead of ice/fire storm, we could have a non knockback alternative that wouldn't alter the ench or give an advantage in any way :-)

v5point0
06-25-2010, 04:03 PM
From Hot Flash to Electro Burnt

True Firestorm garners to much attention, it's a pity that to unleash a combo you have to think twice about your survival later. I much rather use fire storm as a survival skill if and when I need it.

bmc85uk
06-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Exactly, then you can still have the knockback escape method, purely for emergency use, or you can keep it and go crazy if you want to.

Chillectrocution :-)

flaimdude
06-25-2010, 04:30 PM
I <3 knockback. But once I get to lvl 40 and respec to pally (maybe), I probably won't like it as much.

Royce
06-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Has anyone actually ever confirmed that combos confer any sort of advantage (extra damage on top of what the 2 skills would do anyway, etc.)? I have never been able to detect any difference.

bmc85uk
06-25-2010, 08:15 PM
for anyone reading this post, Justg confirmed this in chat, but is not entirely sure on the % damage added.

Royce
06-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah I'm glad the mystery is finally cleared up (thanks to the chat box ;) ). Still doesn't seem like a large percentage to me, but I can see you're point now about a non-knockback combo.

tjornan
06-26-2010, 11:32 AM
I <3 knockback. But once I get to lvl 40 and respec to pally (maybe), I probably won't like it as much

Speaking of which.. flaimer when are you gonna get to lvl 40? uve been at 29 for a while

Banned
06-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Speaking of which.. flaimer when are you gonna get to lvl 40? uve been at 29 for a while

He doesn't want to leave the glory days behind. :p

flaimdude
06-26-2010, 12:11 PM
He doesn't want to leave the glory days behind. :p

Exactly... when swamps was a brand new frontier, when frogmar was easily farmed... ah, the good old days.

XD

Actually, I just don't power level that much. I probably should to get ready to do AO2 though.

v5point0
06-27-2010, 08:36 PM
for anyone reading this post, Justg confirmed this in chat, but is not entirely sure on the % damage added.

Yeah I'm glad the mystery is finally cleared up (thanks to the chat box ;) ). Still doesn't seem like a large percentage to me, but I can see you're point now about a non-knockback combo.

I thought it was about extra 50 damage