PDA

View Full Version : How often does the game go down for maintenance?

Kinjjenna
09-21-2011, 06:48 PM
I am constantly trying to get into the game during the week (different hours throughout the day) but I always get the message at the start up screen stating the server is currently down for maintenance. How often does this happen? Is there a scheduled time frame?

Thanks!

Otukura
09-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Very rarely, I haven't had in in just over two weeks iirc. Doesn't say that way for long.

Have you tried reinstalling?

Kinjjenna
09-21-2011, 07:05 PM
I have tried reinstalling. This is the exact message I receive. I understand updates happen but this happens frequently with me, throughout the day.

"Oh, no! The server is currently down for maintenance! Please check our forums and Facebook for more information."

Fusionstrike
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
The server is almost never actually down when you get this message. What it actually means is that the connection you are using is blocking one of the ports used by the application to connect to the server. I've reproduced this problem when using a wifi connection that doesn't allow full port access (e.g. a public library). All I have to do is switch off wifi and use the cell network and suddenly the server is no longer "down for maintenance". Amazing! (I have to force stop on the PL application running in memory to do this, or else it keeps giving the same error. I guess it's coded not to keep bombarding connection attempts, but it doesn't realize it has been switched over to a different connection type. Force stop and relaunch app makes things work.)

So bottom line: the connection you're using is configured to block the port PL needs. Use a different connection.