PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought I had, Would appreciate Dev Input.

Zeus
09-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Drawing a blank on what section to put this under, overwhelmed by fever to think. Lol.

Anyways, I realized that it is quite annoying when friends are in their guild hall and they want you to join. Thus, I was wondering if it could be made possible that Dev's could allow people to invite other people from different guilds temporarily, as I don't think Guild Halls have a capacity limit.

Suggestions, feedback? Comment below!

Cascade
09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
They have a capacity limit of 24 i believe. But, yeah would be cool if you could 'visit' other guild halls.

Artemis
09-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeahhh!

WhoIsThis
09-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I suggested the same thing a while back.

It never got anywhere.

Zeus
09-21-2011, 07:28 PM

It never got anywhere.

Oh, fail use of the search function. You want me to lock this thread?

Ebalere
09-21-2011, 07:32 PM
No harm in trying again. +1 parth and attack.

Zerious
09-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree, coffee for everyone!

Irulelol
09-21-2011, 07:38 PM
I like this idea but the catch for how i would have it is the visitor can not buy anything so say if they have a tier 3 guild hall they cant buy the disclunted exilars to prevent future isues and whoever invited them can also boot then. Thats my contributing advice :P

WhoIsThis
09-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Oh, fail use of the search function. You want me to lock this thread?

No. You have considerably more credibility in the forums than I do, so any suggestions that you have may carry more weight.

Here:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34616-Ability-to-invite-non-guild-members-to-the-guild-hall-temporarily

I also advocated for increasing the capacity of guild halls:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36755-Would-it-be-possible-to-increase-the-maximum-capacity-of-the-tier-3-guild-halls

In any event, if these suggestions are implemented, full credit will be yours.

Zeus
09-21-2011, 07:42 PM
No. You have considerably more credibility in the forums than I do, so any suggestions that you have may carry more weight.

Here:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34616-Ability-to-invite-non-guild-members-to-the-guild-hall-temporarily

I also advocated for increasing the capacity of guild halls:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36755-Would-it-be-possible-to-increase-the-maximum-capacity-of-the-tier-3-guild-halls

In any event, if these suggestions are implemented, full credit will be yours.

I would refuse that credit. It's rightfully yours, bud. :)

Zerious
09-21-2011, 07:50 PM
who the fun cares about credibility? Devs? nah. They see that a large amount of the masses want something, then they look into it. Simple as that :eagerness:

Evaruss
09-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Thus, I was wondering if it could be made possible that Dev's could allow people to invite other people from different guilds temporarily, as I don't think Guild Halls have a capacity limit.

Awesome idea! Love the privacy of guild hall to chat, away from CS spam and /t onslaught from randoms.

Zeus
09-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Awesome idea! Love the privacy of guild hall to chat, away from CS spam and /t onslaught from randoms.

Tsk Tsk, shouldn't you be sleeping? ;)

Zerious
09-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Tsk Tsk, shouldn't you be sleeping? ;)

psssh, it's 6:00 over here Parth, shouldn't you be sleeping? ahhhh :D

Zeus
09-21-2011, 07:57 PM
psssh, it's 6:00 over here Parth, shouldn't you be sleeping? ahhhh :D

Cali Boys FTW. Much better than my former status of Jersey Shore Boy. Man, living 15 minutes from Joisey Shure was not fun.

Ayc2000
09-21-2011, 07:58 PM
this would be a good idea, always wanted somewhere you could talk privately, and now, since joining towns doesnt work, this is perfect! :P
they could even add a time limit if they don't want people staying too long

WhoIsThis
09-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Thus, I was wondering if it could be made possible that Dev's could allow people to invite other people from different guilds temporarily, as I don't think Guild Halls have a capacity limit.

Re-reading this, guild halls do have capacity a limit of 25, at least in SL.

who the fun cares about credibility? Devs? nah. They see that a large amount of the masses want something, then they look into it. Simple as that :eagerness:

It would appear that credibility does matter. In theory, a suggestion should be weighed equally no matter who posts it based off the merits of that suggestion. It would appear that Parth seems to be able to generate more traffic than I do. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. If the suggestion is implemented, the games will be a better places of because of the idea(s) being implemented.

Haowesie
09-21-2011, 08:06 PM
+1

I also wish there's a short cut to the guild halls, no biggie I'm just lazy walking along balefort :) Or instead of having "Continue" after the main log in, have the option to go to guild hall -- I know, not everyone belongs to a guild, but it would be nice to have :)

RedRyder
09-21-2011, 09:31 PM
I see guild halls as personal area, where you won't have to do the annoying /g which I know many of us get mixed up with open chat and /r's lol. I'm half and half on the idea. If they put chat channels then I'd be 100% for this idea.

+1

I also wish there's a short cut to the guild halls, no biggie I'm just lazy walking along balefort :) Or instead of having "Continue" after the main log in, have the option to go to guild hall -- I know, not everyone belongs to a guild, but it would be nice to have :)

And this lol

Zerious
09-21-2011, 11:07 PM
It would appear that credibility does matter. In theory, a suggestion should be weighed equally no matter who posts it based off the merits of that suggestion. It would appear that Parth seems to be able to generate more traffic than I do. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. If the suggestion is implemented, the games will be a better places of because of the idea(s) being implemented.

So then credibility is instant hype on an idea. Sounds about right. Basically brings people to think "So-and-so has this new ideea; their ideas are always good so I'll check this out". But either way, a good idea is a good idea no matter who you are. It's a psychological thing really. Just like "name-brand stuff is always better than generic brands" when in reality, there's more to it than that.

Jayche
09-21-2011, 11:12 PM
I'd join you parth. Wait...

WhoIsThis
09-22-2011, 01:19 AM
So then credibility is instant hype on an idea. Sounds about right. Basically brings people to think "So-and-so has this new ideea; their ideas are always good so I'll check this out". But either way, a good idea is a good idea no matter who you are. It's a psychological thing really. Just like "name-brand stuff is always better than generic brands" when in reality, there's more to it than that.

If you look at real life, well, brand name stuff does tend to sell for a premium above what the costs of materials would suggest. Not to mention, for many products, there's a strong correlation between advertising budgets and sales. Correlation is not causation of course, but when you look for other variables ...

Either way, going back on topic, lets hope that this thread will be more noticed than mine was, which got no replies.

Misdemeanour
09-22-2011, 01:47 AM
Drawing a blank on what section to put this under, overwhelmed by fever to think. Lol.

Anyways, I realized that it is quite annoying when friends are in their guild hall and they want you to join. Thus, I was wondering if it could be made possible that Dev's could allow people to invite other people from different guilds temporarily, as I don't think Guild Halls have a capacity limit.

Suggestions, feedback? Comment below!

I think it's a great idea to allow invited guests into the hall.

I do however think it's a good idea to make it obvious to all players in the hall that a guest is present; a warning light or similar (possibly also with # of guests present).
In our guild hall we joke around and give each other a fair amount of crap that I’m sure some guests might not appreciate (all within reason of course) so some warning would be nice before someone is offended.
I also feel a "block guests" button is advisable for those occasions when serious guild business is being discussed.

It never got anywhere.

Definitely credit where credit is deserved!

+1

yeah, been thinking of the same thing for a while now - it is time consuming ..... (and we all know I have no spare time at all! lol)