PDA

View Full Version : Please post your favorite Rogue PvE skill set!

Fllwtowin
10-06-2016, 12:19 PM
I'm curious as to how many of us use dual wield or bow and what combination of skills, feel free to explain if you switch between different dungeons and why you choose to use dual wield or a bow. Thank you!

Tatman
10-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Most endgame rogues use daggers as a main weapon now, I believe. That's the result of two recent changes: 1) The change in weapon mechanics, which gave daggers superior skill damage; and 2) The Aimed Shot skill rework, which at least for bow was a clear nerf and a big blow to that weapon. It was immediately after the Aimed Shot rework that a large number of rogues (especially pvp ones) ditched their bows in favour of daggers. Other changes affected bow negatively too, like the removal of map scaling dependent on number of people.

Anyway, I use daggers 90% of the time now. I love bows, used to run with bows for a long time, but they just aren't competitive right now. Only reason I use my bow from time to time is because of its specific enhancements. I used to use the arcane bow for boss fights, but rarely bother with this after the scaling change, except vs one or two bosses in the game.

As for skills, the first three pve skills are always the same - aimed, nox, pierce. Fourth depends mainly on map. However, since I don't like wasting respec scrolls, I've been running with shadow storm shot (sss) in all maps for a while now.

Terminhater
10-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Aim, Nox, Pierce, Razor.

Currently using dagger and unwittingly becoming the worst dagger rogue in the whole of Arlor.

LEVEL 61 EPIC BOW FTW :)