PDA

View Full Version : Why make lvling to cap such a grind???

Melthyz
10-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Why we making it such a long grind to cap this time around? Almost 17k till lvl 57... thats insane...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Justg
10-06-2016, 05:31 PM
It is literally the highest level in the game, and the cap is supposed to last for ~6 months.

diimitrii
10-06-2016, 05:40 PM
In every mmo i've played this is the case, lol.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

PEMA
10-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Use egg ring, xp elixir, abaddon, courage pack

Suentous PO
10-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Old folks from pl that remember doing 300k xp

Potato is me
10-06-2016, 06:46 PM
It is literally the highest level in the game, and the cap is supposed to last for ~6 months.

but... but... 6 months ? @.@

Chocolaty
10-06-2016, 07:02 PM

So does this mean in 6 months, a new level cap, major update, or expansion is coming?

EbenevTheMage
10-06-2016, 07:44 PM
u were missing ur *shifty eyes* sig

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

Motherless_Child
10-06-2016, 07:58 PM
That's normal...... Reaching 56 was the same way.......

Schnitzel
10-06-2016, 07:59 PM

I've always tried to get the PL elite caps, sadly never had a lot of time or money (them 4x elixers are pricy) for them :/
Get to around 50k/100k, and another cap already rolled out. Right now my birdie is just standing at 77/80

Alwarez
10-06-2016, 08:03 PM
i see no point in anything "arcane", if expansions and lvl caps are 6 months long.

Terminhater
10-06-2016, 08:03 PM
I'm gonna hate to see how much gold our pets need to feed at 61.

Schnitzel
10-06-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm gonna hate to see how much gold our pets need to feed at 61.

If nothing's changed, it'll be [pet lvl] * 25; so
61*25 = 1,525 gold

Suentous PO
10-06-2016, 08:11 PM
I've always tried to get the PL elite caps, sadly never had a lot of time or money (them 4x elixers are pricy) for them :/
Get to around 50k/100k, and another cap already rolled out. Right now my birdie is just standing at 77/80

I have at least 8 lv 80 wkwkwkwk

Fsuryo
10-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Its hurt :(
/11 char

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

williwunka
10-06-2016, 08:51 PM
As someone who kills a lot of stuff, I'm not really concerned about it because we all get their eventually if we play often.

Horme
10-06-2016, 08:59 PM

After that new legends game right?

Vvildfire
10-07-2016, 12:19 AM

Omg o.o that's one hell of a grand x(

Epw
10-07-2016, 01:53 AM

Especially when i decided to cap one toon from each classes. Was a pain in my b*tt. :D

RazerGlords
10-07-2016, 03:13 AM
I'm still plyng pl what's yr ign

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

intizamfamily888
10-07-2016, 03:31 AM
Then atleast let us get more xp from the new maps... I get around 100xp(with adeventurers kit) on the new map(1 run takes around 5 mins) and kt4 which takes 1.5-2mins grants me 200-250 xp. Pls I dont wanna grind a tomb again. That's going on since so long already

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Kingofninjas
10-07-2016, 03:44 AM

Fair enough, but please make it feasible to level solely in the new content. I suggested this last cap as well. Let the new area give 5-10x the xp it currently gives now.

Nobody likes spending 4-10 hours in kt4. Leveling for me is faster than most because I have a speed set of my own and 95% of my fl has one, making my runs 20-30 seconds faster than players who do not have one. Despite this, it will take me about 8 hours at my current rate of xp growth to hit the level cap (I estimate it will require close to 110k xp).

Epw
10-07-2016, 04:27 AM
Fair enough, but please make it feasible to level solely in the new content. I suggested this last cap as well. Let the new area give 5-10x the xp it currently gives now.

Nobody likes spending 4-10 hours in kt4. Leveling for me is faster than most because I have a speed set of my own and 95% of my fl has one, making my runs 20-30 seconds faster than players who do not have one. Despite this, it will take me about 8 hours at my current rate of xp growth to hit the level cap (I estimate it will require close to 110k xp).

Idk if you are calculated it right or not, but 8 hours of grinding to hit up 5 more levels isnt a big deal at all...

Hail
10-07-2016, 04:37 AM
Combining dailies with a few kt4 runs each day, you will be at the cap in no time.

bonjovi3223
10-07-2016, 04:42 AM
If a cap lasts ~6 months then theres no need to spend millions on weapons, gears & awakening right? We have all lost a lot of gold on the 56 arcanes.

intizamfamily888
10-07-2016, 04:47 AM
If a cap lasts ~6 months then theres no need to spend millions on weapons, gears & awakening right? We have all lost a lot of gold on the 56 arcanes.
Time to create a 46-56 twink lol

mrm
10-07-2016, 04:52 AM
xp isint bothering me,whats bothering me is the points :( took me 4 hours aprox to get 2k and now someone said next rank is 9k ........

EbenevTheMage
10-07-2016, 04:59 AM
bruh, i have a life [emoji17]

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

octavos
10-07-2016, 10:27 AM
there should just be a cap pack...lol instead of a level up to 57..but meh its ok.

Zeus
10-07-2016, 11:44 AM
It's a bit too much XP, just my opinion though.

Psychoism
10-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I got abaddon xp socketed on my Whim egg and using60% xp kits but the mobs exp is low its like the same if you didnt have exp kits. 1xp per mob.

blazerdd
10-07-2016, 12:18 PM
If we were to use the new maps as a way to level, why do they only give ~70 xp per run? To get to 57 alone would take ~225 runs. And thats the first level. I'm assuming it would take around 1200-1300 runs in the new map just to cap. Sounds absurd to me imo. At least raise the xp per run. Also, take into consideration that one Underhaul run brings in about 3 times the xp - and is also easier.

Kingofninjas
10-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Idk if you are calculated it right or not, but 8 hours of grinding to hit up 5 more levels isnt a big deal at all...

Grinding in kt4 is a chore. After coming from from work, I usually get at most an hour of gameplay in. I do this to relax and hate he thought of having to mindlessly grind for even 8 hours. If it in were new maps, I would be making some progress as far as he event goes and actually enjoying the leveling process.

Melthyz
10-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Grinding in kt4 is a chore. After coming from from work, I usually get at most an hour of gameplay in. I do this to relax and hate he thought of having to mindlessly grind for even 8 hours. If it in were new maps, I would be making some progress as far as he event goes and actually enjoying the leveling process.

I'm in the same boat as you bro, with a full time job it's hard to dedicate more than a few hrs a day to game. I don't want to live in KT4 for days just to lvl to cap. After the lvl grind then comes the rank grind. It really is a bit overwhelming...

octavos
10-07-2016, 01:04 PM
the enemies have to much HP to farm for xp at the new levels...thats why many resorted to the tombs and caves...i would hit those places for sure. from what im reading...looks like devs want to do away with those.

im happy at 57..but i wont need to cap since i dont play end game, i would cap if there was running teams and constant players like the tombs and caves. these new levels have to little enemies and the xp rate is to high...many would end off frustrated, and end up being a deterrent. I would love to cap like i wrote, but as it stands..im not.

this is an issue at every cap. and everyone hates to level..that's why i avoid leveling and save me the frustration.

Terminhater
10-07-2016, 01:51 PM
You know what else we gonna grind ?

Our fingers!

Schnitzel
10-07-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm still plyng pl what's yr ign

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

IGN in signature, I don't play all that much anymore, friends mostly inactive, banned, or moved on :/

sure911lol
10-07-2016, 02:07 PM
yes thats insane

Epw
10-07-2016, 02:55 PM

I also have a full time job, but i believe grinding only to lvl up for a few days wont hurt us; it will pays off at the end. You know: "Eye for an eye, teeth for a teeth." Or something like this. [emoji4] idk what were u expecting. Its a new lvl cap, you have to do something to hit it! Have a nice day!

Melthyz
10-07-2016, 03:05 PM
I also have a full time job, but i believe grinding only to lvl up for a few days wont hurt us; it will pays off at the end. You know: "Eye for an eye, teeth for a teeth." Or something like this. [emoji4] idk what were u expecting. Its a new lvl cap, you have to do something to hit it! Have a nice day!

I think what we are trying to say is that it could've been less, 16k per lvl seems pretty daunting. Could've done maybe 8k or even 10k. I normally don't mind exp grinding it's part of mmorphs but in my opinion this was a bit too much.

Ardbeg
10-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Imho, the real limit to enjoy the new content is not the level, but the ranking. Just progress with your ranking while looting new gear and grab the daily xp quests (see Goodsyntax great guides for this). It s nesrly 5k xp daily without hazzle. You will be at 61 soon without grinding tombs.

ilhanna
10-07-2016, 03:55 PM
I didn't run KT to get to, currently, level 58. We ran the last Underhul map, kill all the mobs but skip boss. With a full mixed-class Antignome party, or even mixed set/no-set party we finish in about two minutes, and just with Abaddon I get 500-600xp. The jewel haul is loads better than KT, you get material for crafting Awakening gem, and you can liquidate the junk that drops there for more than KT junk.

GoodSyntax
10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
....Not to mention that there are A LOT of 75 gold drops in Underhul.

I've been soloing Underhul maps for the XP....it's not too difficult, and with 400-700 gold per run, it pays for the pots, so win-win.

Kingofninjas
10-07-2016, 04:34 PM

I realize that it should be done in a blink of an eye. I'm also fine spending a few weeks to level. My problem is that those weeks will have to be spent in a mind numbingly boring map like kt4. If I could efficiently level in the new maps I wouldn't be making this post.

Justg
10-07-2016, 04:40 PM
I realize that it should be done in a blink of an eye. I'm also fine spending a few weeks to level. My problem is that those weeks will have to be spent in a mind numbingly boring map like kt4. If I could efficiently level in the new maps I wouldn't be making this post.

We did double the XP in the new maps.

Meowtho
10-07-2016, 04:54 PM
double is better then nondouble u know but xD
when i was like 46lvl i running underhul maps with my guildmates bc one mob was giving like 4xp or even more, n it was pretty easy but not too much because we all was working together
BUT NOW XD u know but now it is 727272 times harder, n we got 2xp for mob, i know i know that we can get powders jewels n gold also running this map but u know mobs are much stronger than the rest in lower maps, but still i can get 2xp from underhul mobs, even if it is like 4 time easier:/
i know u want good for us i see that hotfix but u know, more xp is needed if the mobs are like elite n we must wait 5minutes for one run:/ may add some bonus xp from boss? like only 30, in kt4 boss gives u some xp so why not here:(

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

Vvildfire
10-08-2016, 12:17 AM
I didn't run KT to get to, currently, level 58. We ran the last Underhul map, kill all the mobs but skip boss. With a full mixed-class Antignome party, or even mixed set/no-set party we finish in about two minutes, and just with Abaddon I get 500-600xp. The jewel haul is loads better than KT, you get material for crafting Awakening gem, and you can liquidate the junk that drops there for more than KT junk.

Thanks for the tip ^-^

Azerothraven
10-08-2016, 02:18 AM
Why we making it such a long grind to cap this time around? Almost 17k till lvl 57... thats insane...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I actually got to 57 from 2 hours of xp grinding straight in last map underhul. I used no xp elixir or xp related boost.
I got 12k xp using elixir for 1 hour at last map. it takes roughly 3-4 min to run map with 4 level 56 characters. I qm qlmowt 58 now.
You can actually get to 61 within a day

lnnocentius
10-08-2016, 03:16 AM
i think grinding is troublesome but it makes the game more fun i feel

bonjovi3223
10-08-2016, 04:48 AM
Imho, the real limit to enjoy the new content is not the level, but the ranking. Just progress with your ranking while looting new gear and grab the daily xp quests (see Goodsyntax great guides for this). It s nesrly 5k xp daily without hazzle. You will be at 61 soon without grinding tombs.
This is exactly what i've been trying to tell ppl. Forget levelling up because the grind for ranks is even more harder. Instead it is wiser to do the dailies for xp & then grind for ranks.
You may end up levelling up more slowly but you are hitting 2 birds with one stone.
All these ppl complaining about the amount of xp needed are very soon gonna complaining about the rank points needed because they are gonna be tired of the xp grind & there will be an even longer journey of ranks ahead of them.

HulkieBeast
10-08-2016, 06:36 AM
Everything is fine about the new expansion, i would level up in the new map but the thing is the mage, his attack are unpredictable, and he one shots you.(curse)
That's kind of boring. Wasting ankhs. But great expansion, leveling doesn't matter. BOOSTING KILLS. :victorious:

Vvildfire
10-08-2016, 06:47 AM
This is exactly what i've been trying to tell ppl. Forget levelling up because the grind for ranks is even more harder. Instead it is wiser to do the dailies for xp & then grind for ranks.
You may end up levelling up more slowly but you are hitting 2 birds with one stone.
All these ppl complaining about the amount of xp needed are very soon gonna complaining about the rank points needed because they are gonna be tired of the xp grind & there will be an even longer journey of ranks ahead of them.

Good point. I wanted to rank 2 toons too :s gotta start working on it!

intizamfamily888
10-08-2016, 08:59 AM
I think even after the doubling of the xp per mob it still feels like that there so less xp coming from the new map. Leveling in last map of underhul or in kt4 is way more effective. It would be better if the mobs wouldnt be that hard.

Plqgue
10-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Grind Underhul 2&3 kill all mobs switch map repeat
I made two levels in A few hours no elixers

Kingofninjas
10-08-2016, 12:43 PM

Thanks. I guess the difficulty of the new maps just makes it not as efficient for xp gain. I just speed leveled in underhul with some friends.

Greoatef
10-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Considering that rank is key to the next expansion, everyone is gonna have to grind the new maps anyhows to gain rank in order to access the deeper dungeons ... so i am purely leveling up while gaining rank.
I really cant see the point in spending 12 hours grinding kt4 or where ever, just to hit level 61, when you are gonna have to work hard on the new maps in order to move through the ranks.
Apprentice is 2k points
Acolyte is 6k points
Advocate is 16k points (where im at just gaining level 60 after roughly 16 hours gameplay continuous grinding new maps)
Disciple im not sure how many points .... im guessing around 36k points?
So its a loooong old stretch to rise through those ranks?

While leveling in new maps everyone i know has made a heap of gold, is leveling up nicely, and gaining rank, looting gear, all at the same time. Plus of course you get to experience the new expansion?!?!?
Why hurry to level cap 61?
Although i have to say that a level 61 toon and armour does give you and your team a good advantage in the new maps.

I can see that the bar in the communal gain from stage one into stage two is only 20% full, so stage two is gonna take about another 2.5 weeks to reach. And no new content in the expansion will be available until stage two is hit ..... so why hurry?

In my opinion its more profitable for gold and time spent in new maps and daily quests in order to level up.
Or you will have nothing to do for the next two weeks while the rest of the community catches up and that bar pushes into stage two.

DarrenPR
10-10-2016, 09:53 AM
So does this mean in 6 months, a new level cap, major update, or expansion is coming?

In 6 months time we might be able to reach community goal 3!

Melthyz
10-10-2016, 01:24 PM
After applying some useful advice from the community, I already reached the cap. Basically, I used a 7 day and 30 mins 50% xp elix and ran Forgotten Citadel for a few hrs. Think I was averaging a lvl per hr at least that's what it felt like. It's not too bad, thought I had to run endless amount of KT4 again. Thanks for all the tips!!!