PDA

View Full Version : About season 9 leaderboard

extrapayah
10-07-2016, 01:25 AM
Some record got replaced AFTER the system announcement/post about leaderboard being tallied, and sts consider that newly made record as the last winner????

such a competence, sts, really dissapointed with it... i think you need to learn wording your post, to avoid ambiguous meaning

stricker20000
10-07-2016, 02:47 AM
Some record got replaced AFTER the system announcement/post about leaderboard being tallied, and sts consider that newly made record as the last winner????

such a competence, sts, really dissapointed with it... i think you need to learn wording your post, to avoid ambiguous meaning

Yes, timed run got taken after the message but obviously you did count those who took it after the message. As a result the message was a lie.

Faliziaga
10-07-2016, 03:16 AM
In the system message it said that leaderboards can still be modified but that doesn't count towards the hereby ended season. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot of the System message. Nevertheless, it can't be true that players can't even trust in System messages, can it? So there has to be done something about it, the granted banners should be moved to the record holders at lb closure.

Found screenshot in my camera roll, 5:38 my time , so it must have been 10:38 Austin time, pls check who had timed records at that time and award banners correctly pls.
Since yesterday I am having issues posting screenshots from my ipad on forum, it says this jpeg has wrong file extension??

stricker20000
10-07-2016, 03:27 AM

If I'm not mistaken timed runs are a leaderboard too, right?

resurrected
10-07-2016, 05:03 AM
In the system message it said that leaderboards can still be modified but that doesn't count towards the hereby ended season. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot of the System message. Nevertheless, it can't be true that players can't even trust in System messages, can it? So there has to be done something about it, the granted banners should be moved to the record holders at lb closure.

Found screenshot in my camera roll, 5:38 my time , so it must have been 10:38 Austin time, pls check who had timed records at that time and award banners correctly pls.
Since yesterday I am having issues posting screenshots from my ipad on forum, it says this jpeg has wrong file extension??
My sister was holding record on leaderboard before fix. After fix her name was gone but she got banner. Does it mean if you are in lb you'll still get s9 banner for time runs? Wtf@.@?

stricker20000
10-07-2016, 06:07 AM
When leaderboard got closed Player X had timed record; afterwards Player Y took the record --> Player Y got banner while Player X didn't

Tatman
10-07-2016, 09:50 AM
If I am not mistaken, this is about the pure record in Jurn Woods. It was held by one team, then the system message popped up, people stopped running. Long after that (30 minutes at least, probably more) another team took the record.

Clarification by a dev is needed here for sure.

lissil
10-07-2016, 09:54 AM
It means that once they tallied the points/records, even if you take the place after that, you would not get the banner for season 9. Those who held the records during the tally got the banners.

stricker20000
10-07-2016, 09:56 AM
It means that once they tallied the points/records, even if you take the place after that, you would not get the banner for season 9. Those who held the records during the tally got the banners.

Thats how it should be but those hwo held it didn't get banner... thats why we complain

Greoatef
10-07-2016, 10:05 AM
when the tally started it was clearly said that the leaderboard was closed while the tally was being done .... so those that held the lb BEFORE the tally should get banners. Anyone DURING the tall that took records shouldnt get a banner ... anyhow htats how i understood it.
I had a friend that got on lb during the tally, and they didnt receive a banner for season 9.

Ninthplague
10-07-2016, 12:18 PM
when the tally started it was clearly said that the leaderboard was closed while the tally was being done .... so those that held the lb BEFORE the tally should get banners. Anyone DURING the tall that took records shouldnt get a banner ... anyhow htats how i understood it.
I had a friend that got on lb during the tally, and they didnt receive a banner for season 9.

They got the record before the announcement, then around 1hr after announcement, a different team got a new record. The team that got the record before announcement didn't receive banner

Visiting
10-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Pls revoke all timed run banners wkwkw

Justg
10-07-2016, 12:31 PM
The query we run to determine leaderboards takes about 2 hours. We choose to keep the game up while we do this so we don't impact your play time.

In this case, some changes did occur after we thought they would not. We'll try to do better next time, but these leaderboard results will stand as granted.

Apologies for the confusion,

- g

resurrected
10-07-2016, 12:37 PM
The query we run to determine leaderboards takes about 2 hours. We choose to keep the game up while we do this so we don't impact your play time.

In this case, some changes did occur after we thought they would not. We'll try to do better next time, but these leaderboard results will stand as granted.

- g

So players that goes after lb fix will still have banners? Sorry Gary but its not fair and bad move. Especially for those who fought for their spots with other players during season 9.

stricker20000
10-07-2016, 03:41 PM

- g

The point is when you say that leaderboard is fixed now players stop running but then another team takes record later and banners are gone..

BTW we also got ss with record with time on it, if that doesn't help then idk

Faliziaga
10-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Timed leaderboards are dominated by only a few people and every group that offers a spot for somebody new who works very hard on this map and whose greatest wish is to keep the record to get a banner and finally after lb closure has a record and parties, feels very sorry and sad to learn that Devs messed up and don't want to correct this important issue. Can you feel how that feels? To those who have several maps, it doesn't matter, but to those who faught hard and gave all, how big is the disappointment?

stricker20000
10-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Timed leaderboards are dominated by only a few people and every group that offers a spot for somebody new who works very hard on this map and whose greatest wish is to keep the record to get a banner and finally after lb closure has a record and parties, feels very sorry and sad to learn that Devs messed up and don't want to correct this important issue. Can you feel how that feels? To those who have several maps, it doesn't matter, but to those who faught hard and gave all, how big is the disappointment?

Yes we are not complaining for ourselves even tho we were part of the team that held record because we held others too. But others didn't and got "scammed".

resurrected
10-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Lets close LB or give banners to everyone :) problem solved (?)

stricker20000
10-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Lets close LB or give banners to everyone :) problem solved (?)

We dont want to give banners to everyone, sts just failed at that point and could fix it but obviously doesn't want to.

resurrected
10-07-2016, 05:01 PM
We dont want to give banners to everyone, sts just failed at that point and could fix it but obviously doesn't want to.
My point is that they just gave banners to "everyone".
I don't want make drama but it really should be fixed....

Zulgath
10-07-2016, 05:03 PM
So u want to give banner to player who just runs to boss and kills it?

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk

Tatman
10-07-2016, 05:46 PM

- g
This explanation directly contradicts your own thread in Announcements:

Although they can still be posted to, no further leaderboard effort will count this season.

System message, special thread in Announcement, and then all of a sudden something entirely different happens. This just sounds completely wrong to me.

Justg
10-07-2016, 06:15 PM
This explanation directly contradicts your own thread in Announcements:

System message, special thread in Announcement, and then all of a sudden something entirely different happens. This just sounds completely wrong to me.

Read my first quote:

... In this case, some changes did occur after we thought they would not.

Not a direct contradiction. Unexpected variances in timing.

Any time there are client updates, there are a lot of moving pieces.

This was a big update, and the leaderboard transition did not go very smoothly.

We're sorry, we'll try to do better next time.

Ninthplague
10-07-2016, 10:06 PM
That feeling when you finally achieved something and being assured of it with an announcement feels like a scam, they should have not stop to do better runs instead. A sorry won't suffice.

Next time you do announcements like that, close the leaderboard literally

epicrrr
10-07-2016, 10:19 PM
That feeling when you finally achieved something and being assured of it with an announcement feels like a scam, they should have not stop to do better runs instead. A sorry won't suffice.

Next time you do announcements like that, close the leaderboard literally

I agree next time the system message came LB should have been off, 2 hours a heart breaking window

Horme
10-07-2016, 11:04 PM
, 2 hours a heart breaking window

Lebay, :tranquillity:

Zeus
10-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Prepare in advance for inconsistencies, don't put all your eggs in one basket. In this case, one record.

Visiting
10-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Prepare in advance for inconsistencies, don't put all your eggs in one basket. In this case, one record.

This.
RIP my Pure banner

Faliziaga
10-09-2016, 01:33 AM
Whether it's one or more records, when the system says "leaderboard is now being tallied, No further leaderboard efforts will count for this season." it is obvious that if you are on leaderboards you should get rewarded a banner.

Tatman
10-09-2016, 07:03 AM
This is not about eggs and inconsistencies, it's about fairness. STS clearly said one thing and then did the exact opposite. Does that look ok to you?

Faliziaga
10-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Yes, fairness, this is why I am posting here, not for myself btw I got 5 lb banners this season.

TickisZensWife
10-09-2016, 01:35 PM
In season 8 Leo got a time run banner even though her name was not even in the LB for entire season. At least 10 players confirmed that they checked LB at least 1000 times before the season ended and no sight of Leo at all, but Leo still got a banner. So you guys shouldn't be surprised this time.

Zeus
10-10-2016, 12:15 PM
This is not about eggs and inconsistencies, it's about fairness. STS clearly said one thing and then did the exact opposite. Does that look ok to you?

No, it doesn't look okay to me. However, this is why I said prepare for inconsistencies.

resurrected
10-10-2016, 01:35 PM
No, it doesn't look okay to me. However, this is why I said prepare for inconsistencies.
At least now lb players know what they up to at end of s10

Tips: get more than one record

Visiting
10-10-2016, 01:36 PM
At least now lb players know what they up to at end of s10

Tips: get more than one record

A lesson I learned the hard way
RIP my pure banner

Justg
10-10-2016, 01:42 PM
In the past we have been ambiguous about when leaderboards shut off to avoid this type of confusion.

Unfortunately, in our efforts to be more communicative, some folks got unexpectedly dropped from the leaderboards..

We get that this was not right, so we are going to grant these people their rewards this afternoon.

I'll update you when this has been completed.

Thanks,

- g

resurrected
10-10-2016, 01:44 PM
In the past we have been ambiguous about when leaderboards shut off to avoid this type of confusion.

Unfortunately, in our efforts to be more communicative, some folks got unexpectedly dropped from the leaderboards..

We get that this was not right, so we are going to grant these people their rewards this afternoon.

I'll update you when this has been completed.

Thanks,

- g
Cool Gary. Thanks!

I don't have myself banner but maybe i can get one in s10 however i doubt lol.
I felt sad for players that worked hard to get their spot at end of season.

Justg
10-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Rewards corrected: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?376085-Regarding-Season-9-Leaderboards