PDA

View Full Version : Noob experiences...

Haowesie
09-22-2011, 02:48 AM
I was in Balefort yesterday when a bird came up and tells me "you're such a noob" out of no where lol... I have no shame, and on the lighter side of things it reminded me of some of my memorable ones...

<rant>
* When I first started PL, I put all my skills on INT because I thought it was the smart thing to do (I'm a bird Oo)

* Found out about joining games, jumped into the last boss map of Croc because there was a L50.
- L50 mage says, "you get xp but all pinks are mine" -- *thinks heavily*
- L50 mage repeats, "you get xp but all pinks are mine" -- *bewildered -- what are pinks?*
- Quickly replied "ok"... companion bear gets booted -- *phew!*
- Then I witnessed mage takes on all croc mobs including boss, so I asked "wow, how do you do that?" ... mage replies, "cuz i'm L50, duh..." Oo

* Was doing the lighting the barrels with the torch quest at croc feud, so I was switching between my bow and torch. Mage says, "hey you don't need to equip it, just shoot at it..." Oo

* Sometimes I get bored and go back to the low level maps and start yelling "Let's go indians!! fight indians, fight!!"... someone on my friends list joins me and asks "are you farming?", and I was like "farming? You can do that? Like farmville?" -- I didn't say it, but sure thought of it lol

* Was going through plasma pyramid and I asked another bird, "hey, how do you make your thorn spread like that?" ...bird replies "LOL" -- I aced plasma pyramid after respec-ing my skills lol! Oo

* A bear jumps in plasma pyramid and immediately says "please don't boot me". I reply, "dude it's a game, just play..." -- afterwards I was like, so that's where the boot button is!

* Jumped in on a PVP game and started playing, then mage says "hey wait 1v1"... I said, "oh ok, sorry" and l left. Went in to another PVP game, someone says 1v1... I say "oh ok", then I got rushed, killed then booted with "noob" Oo

* Was in alien oasis and bird comes to me and says "wanna buy a pink?", I replied "how much?"... "10k each"... "But I only have 4k..." transaction done, learned later they were worth much less! Oo

* Accumulated a fair few pinks, so started selling at Balefort (spamming) as my inventory keeps getting full. Sold a void helm and shield for 1500... Found out later that I also sold a fair few odd level pinks for 1500, no wonder I'm always poor! Oo

* First day on AO3, charged at the silly blue aliens... dead. They weren't that hard on AO2! Oo

* Was heavily concentrating on Fever, when mage says "hey, get away from the group...", I was like "huh?"... so I stayed kind of aloof, mage PMs me after "you do know why right?"... fever... exclamations over my head... AHA!

* First time fighting Cocroach, and someones says "no aoe"... I was like, "did he mispell my name?" Oo

* Someone asked me to help him/her level up... I said ok, I added him and proceeded to make a map. He didn't follow because he never added me, so I proceeded back into town calling out his name "where are you <inser_name_here>..." over and over jumping on different towns... wish I knew of /t!

* After a few times with Cocroach, I explained to the group "just use full-auto" and went through a long explanation why... then added birds can do break armor and blinding shot, mages can heal and debuff. Mage says, "you've just contradicted yourself, well what is it?" *blank stare* Oo

* First day on Nuri's symphony, killed almost all of the mob... mage says "don't laugh I'm lost"... held my reply as a few seconds ago I saw vinnie the merchant :P

I like this from another thread...

Noob is a bad word? I was sure folks were cheering me!

Yes, I'm a noob! But at least I'm always learning ;P
</rant>

Redbridge
09-22-2011, 03:38 AM
I love this thread....lol

I'm a complete noob too... Can't remember many of my noob-ish stories but sure can relate to half the things you said.

More people should be this honest....

I remember trying to join remade games over and over, but finding it difficult with the join button on the friends list jumping around all over the place.... Wish I'd have found searching games via the host name, on the join game screen, sooner.... Would have saved a lot of 'join game fails'...

JaytB
09-22-2011, 04:35 AM
When I started, I ran like mad to open the chests first. I thought only the one who opened the chest got loot.

I thought stomping enemies as far apart as possible was the best strategy, because then they could be killed 1 by 1 and they couldn't attack us all at once :D

I was level 20'ish before I discovered to go-to quest button. I walked through the same portals over and over again, because I thought they'd automatically bring me to my next objective. It wasn't until waaaay later that I discover the join-game screen :D

I was level 48 before I discovered elix. I was lvl 50 before I realized I could buy them with gold too (back then they were all purchasable with gold).

I was lv50 before I understood what 'kiting' meant. People used to say 'kite' him, and I was like 'sure, sounds good to me', cause I was afraid people would think I was a noob. When I looked it up in the dictionary, I was even more confused :D

Took me a while to understand what people meant when they said 'pot up guys'.

My first time in shadow caves was with a group of below lv50 friends with extremely crappy gear. We just killed overlord and felt like we were invincible. We were very determined, but gave up after dying 50+ times each.

One of my first times in LE, a bunch of lvl50's (lvl cap at that time) joined me. 2 shadow mages and 1 sentinel bird. They killed everything so fast it seemed incredible and impossible at the same time. Then I noticed their names were all red'ish. Since I just heard before that devs had red names, I was convinced I played in a room full of devs. I mean, how else was it possible everything died that fast? I even asked them repeatedly 'Are you devs'? It wasn't until way later I noticed that the names always look red over there. O.o

These were the first things that came to my mind, I'm sure I had/will have plenty of more noob moments though :D

Xazic
09-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Ahahahaha this thread made me lol!

Hankomachos
09-22-2011, 06:27 AM
LOL funny thread! :)

CrimsonTider
09-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Too many to remember for me but the one that sticks out most...

Helping some friends rush to 56 a few days after Sewers were released. We are running through catacombs and all of a sudden the whole group stops and someone says, "Crim, what is ur beckon set at?" So I check and say "2". I was a 53! :)

Marcoolio
09-22-2011, 07:18 AM
There is so many and so bad to even tell!!

almost like crimm i hit 56 and farming random groub fridge and 3th run lvl50 mage ask me why i dont use drainlife?? i have to say i dont have it becouse i hear that useless.. respect skills like that mage told and everything works so much better :)

Oh and jaytb can remember when we meet and how much you told me what to do and how many times we laught my stupidy...well still happen too often LMAO!

halamance
09-22-2011, 05:54 PM
starting from the very very begining

-at first when i was a bear i was always trying to buy the cool mage faces people were wearing

-when i finally proudly owned 1k i started showing off then was promtling rudely shut up when a dude showed me 1m

-in pvp when i though a mana shield was a plat item

-at lvl 13 when i realized i couldnt lvl up in fh anymore

-in the ancient swamps when i proceeded rather pro i thought killing enemies one by one and kiting them with auto only

-in ao3 when i thought exp runs were against the rules and were a glitch

-in sewers when i tried 10 times to get through the toxic fumes without the shield

Cytokinesis
09-22-2011, 05:57 PM
at first when i was a bear i was always trying to buy the cool mage faces people were wearing

lol me too but i was trying to buy those bird faces :p

Suentous PO
09-22-2011, 10:18 PM
When I first started in ao almost tricked into buying a trash pink by some hopeful capitalist telling my noobishness it was rare, but I was too dumb to figure out how to trade, so I fled in shame inadvertently saving money.
Stupid for da win!

Whirlzap
09-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Hmm....
I wouldn't say it as being fully a noob, but when I was level 17, I used to merchant pinks/purples.
I bought them from CS at around 200/300 gold each and sold for 3k each.
This worked up a steady profit of 1.2mil for me. But that seemed so much long time ago...
The good times, when getting a green at a low level assured me a huge prize of 800 gold.

Patricks
09-23-2011, 04:46 AM
I remember I used to WALK everywhere. Like I literally would walk from forest haven to get to balefort castle and only used portals to start games because whenever I logged in I just pressed continue cuz I wanted to make sure I continued where I left off.

Pakax
09-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Seriously funny...

I can relate to 99.99% of the above!

and now I have a 61 and a 60, because I have practically never played pvp, I am just afraid someone is going to noon me if I go in there...

Treenire
09-23-2011, 11:54 AM
* Sometimes I get bored and go back to the low level maps and start yelling "Let's go indians!! fight indians, fight!!"... someone on my friends list joins me and asks "are you farming?", and I was like "farming? You can do that? Like farmville?" -- I didn't say it, but sure thought of it lol

Sorry but this made be LOL that i got some odd looks off people lol. Brillent!!!

Doubletime
09-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Noobish memory that sticks out - spent so much time and energy leveling my toon to 50 and getting all geared up with a Wraith set. Man I thought I was a pro. Join a random Victory Lap run and the host posts:

"DES>Rush King>Pot Rush OL>Gur -- got it?"

Everyone is saying "k" and I am sitting there trying to figure out what freakin language they are speaking. So I chime in with my accompanying "k", having no idea what they are talking about and proceed to start blasting away at the mobs in the first room. As I die a fast painful death I notice I am all alone as everyone else has run off through a portal. I am sitting there thinking "cowards!!!" Left the game wondering to myself how these noobs ever got their toons to 50.

Yeah - the only noob in that game was apparently me. :)

Wonderjuice
09-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Hilarious!

im4broke
09-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Hmmm...just one good one for you guys. My bear was somewhere north of 40 when I found out about the CS being a buy/sell place...I use to just wonder around the entrance afraid to walk in where everyone was, "they may know me...I'm a noob here". So, not long after that I found that certain color items are worth more in CS rather than liquidating...who knows how many I may have had that were not made for bears and...well I think you can figure that out.

hyprmediocrity
09-24-2011, 05:47 AM
I never knew about cs until i reached lvl 55 and bought my first mega mage set. HA! I used to wander in, wonder what everyone was doing ...... and then leave.

Haowesie
10-07-2011, 01:08 AM
It's like it's written on my forehead or something... I've been branded for life! lol

pastrychef
10-07-2011, 09:06 AM
I think I was around level 48 and trying to unlock all the AO3 maps... Wandered in to map with Overlord and everyone was saying "pot up" (this was back in the days when all elixirs were purchased with gold). I was standing there thinking to myself, "why are they asking me to smoke marijuana???" Thankfully, they were nice and didn't boot me.

thewolf
10-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Lol

Navygreen
10-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Very funny thread! :D

StompArtist
10-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Raging at a player because he was opening all the chests not letting any other player a chance to get the gold!

Cahaun
10-07-2011, 02:15 PM
My noob-ish thing to do was to try to kill an elite djini (big blue guys that fight hand-to-hand with a lvl 30 snowball launcher.