PDA

View Full Version : Using 2 staff vanities in vanity weapon slot?

williwunka
10-10-2016, 02:49 PM
So I used a gun vanity and a kershal staff vanity together, but it seems that I cant use two staff vanities.. I have a kershal vanity and a staff of protection vanity I would love to use together but It won't let me equip both. Is this a bug? I would love to be able to do this.. thanks.

VROOMIGoRealFast
10-10-2016, 02:53 PM
So I used a gun vanity and a kershal staff vanity together, but it seems that I cant use two staff vanities.. I have a kershal vanity and a staff of protection vanity I would love to use together but It won't let me equip both. Is this a bug? I would love to be able to do this.. thanks.

The 2 vanity slots apply 1 to each specific item type, so one slot is for a staff and the other is for a gun.

If you were to equip 2 staff vanities we wouldn't know which one to show (you only hold 1 staff!).

resurrected
10-10-2016, 03:04 PM
The 2 vanity slots apply 1 to each specific item type, so one slot is for a staff and the other is for a gun.

If you were to equip 2 staff vanities we wouldn't know which one to show (you only hold 1 staff!).
How aboutttt... Let mage use 2 staffs with his little hands xD

williwunka
10-10-2016, 03:33 PM

Thanks for clarifying Vroom. Would it be possible to have both slots able to display both gun and staff vanities? We can have the first slot designated as the displayed weapon, and the second slot for the aura of the second weapon. Just a wish.:love-struck:

Plqgue
10-10-2016, 03:39 PM
How aboutttt... Let mage use 2 staffs with his little hands xD

I'd duel weird lol

VROOMIGoRealFast
10-10-2016, 03:46 PM
Thanks for clarifying Vroom. Would it be possible to have both slots able to display both gun and staff vanities? We can have the first slot designated as the displayed weapon, and the second slot for the aura of the second weapon. Just a wish.:love-struck:

Aura vanities start getting into dangerous territory of "I have no idea what's going on or why I have this shiny because everything I'm wearing adds a new version of the shiny" and you end up looking like one of my childhood finger paintings. Also, auras (and any particle type system) are notoriously bad for performance. Get 4 people who have Auras + Vanity Auras in the same zone and the Note 7 won't be the only exploding phone!

The effect of the Kershal Staff aura still displaying was not intended, but we left it in because players enjoyed it. We don't plan to do more of that.

kinzmet
10-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Aura vanities start getting into dangerous territory of "I have no idea what's going on or why I have this shiny because everything I'm wearing adds a new version of the shiny" and you end up looking like one of my childhood finger paintings. Also, auras (and any particle type system) are notoriously bad for performance. Get 4 people who have Auras + Vanity Auras in the same zone and the Note 7 won't be the only exploding phone!

The effect of the Kershal Staff aura still displaying was not intended, but we left it in because players enjoyed it. We don't plan to do more of that.

Please post one of your childhood finger paintings :P
So we know what were dealing with :D

mage blood
10-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Hi , Developer VROOMIGoRealFast ,

I have two questions about weapon vanities.

1) I have an arcane weapon , Dragon Hunter staff which displays white circular glaring particle effect after charged firing.
But after converting it into a Dragon Hunter staff vanity , can this vanity staff still display white circular glaring particle effect after charged firing ??

2) After converting the Dragon Hunter staff weapon into a Dragon vanity staff via Vanity weapon recipe , will the original Dragon Hunter staff still remains in my weapon inventory ? OR it will be gone after conversion to vanity staff ??

Nvgd
10-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi , Developer VROOMIGoRealFast ,

I have two questions about weapon vanities.

1) I have an arcane weapon , Dragon Hunter staff which displays white circular glaring particle effect after charged firing.
But after converting it into a Dragon Hunter staff vanity , can this vanity staff still display white circular glaring particle effect after charged firing ??

2) After converting the Dragon Hunter staff weapon into a Dragon vanity staff via Vanity weapon recipe , will the original Dragon Hunter staff still remains in my weapon inventory ? OR it will be gone after conversion to vanity staff ??

1. Nope, a vanity is a vanity and stays a vanity.... Only your equipt weapon can proc.

2. Nope, it will be gone as soon as you craft it into a vanity :)

mage blood
10-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Wow. that's a fast reply from the community member. You seems knowing well with vanities. I salute you.

Your points have been taken. Sad that the particle effect and arcane weapon itself will be gone after conversion. Anyway , I am going to convert it. Yep.

Thanks buddy :victorious:

VROOMIGoRealFast
10-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Wow. that's a fast reply from the community member. You seems knowing well with vanities. I salute you.

Your points have been taken. Sad that the particle effect and arcane weapon itself will be gone after conversion. Anyway , I am going to convert it. Yep.

To clarify for you: That white particle you see when charging the Dragon Hunter Staff is Consecrate and it increases the stats of your allies if they're standing in it. Having that on a vanity weapon would be too powerful to carry over =P

Reverse
10-12-2016, 06:19 PM

Hahaha, why not add Note 7 explosion skill :)

Nvgd
10-12-2016, 11:42 PM

Your welcome lol

mage blood
10-14-2016, 01:39 AM
Thanks for your reply so but your phrase "Having that on a vanity weapon would be too powerful to carry over" , can you elaborate further by what do you mean that ? (Because i do not comprehend that phrase) :semi-twins:

For Kershal Scepter arcane weapon staff....
It has purple revolving flying purple bug effect so if once convert the Kershal Scepter arcane weapon into a Vanity staff , will the effect still be there on Kershal Scepter vanity staff ?

eugene9707
10-14-2016, 02:52 AM
Thanks for your reply so but your phrase "Having that on a vanity weapon would be too powerful to carry over" , can you elaborate further by what do you mean that ? (Because i do not comprehend that phrase) :semi-twins:

For Kershal Scepter arcane weapon staff....
It has purple revolving flying purple bug effect so if once convert the Kershal Scepter arcane weapon into a Vanity staff , will the effect still be there on Kershal Scepter vanity staff ?

the white circular pattern from charged drag staff is a skill, cast by the staff. If you carry that over to the vanity staff, that means you are having an additional skill with your vanity, which makes it too powerful.

and yes kershal's glowing purple orb will still be there, as it is a visual effect, not a skill (like the white circle by the dragon staff)

mage blood
10-14-2016, 03:31 PM
the white circular pattern from charged drag staff is a skill, cast by the staff. If you carry that over to the vanity staff, that means you are having an additional skill with your vanity, which makes it too powerful.

and yes kershal's glowing purple orb will still be there, as it is a visual effect, not a skill (like the white circle by the dragon staff)

Oh **** , i had bought Dragon Hunter arcane staff for $360,000.
Before the purchase of arcane weapons , i was deciding whether to purchase Kershal scepter or Dragon Hunter staff. I bought Dragon Hunter as I thought Kershal Scepter vanity has no flying bug effect after conversion so I chose Dragon Hunter in the end.

I regretted purchasing the Dragon staff. Should have save $360,000 and accumulate more gold for Kershal Scepter costing $1,500,000 to $3,000,000 instead.
I just saved $68,000 after purchase of Dragon staff... Will continue to save till million golds to purchase Kershal Scepter.

Thanks for sharing good details , comrade. :encouragement:

butterflyao
10-14-2016, 04:51 PM
I didn't even know there were two slots... but hey, two staffs for mages sounds like a lot of fun