PDA

View Full Version : Somberholt Mob Guide

eugene9707
10-11-2016, 10:58 AM
So, I had this crazy idea to make a catalog for new mobs in Somberholt as many players have troubles with them.
A Few of the observations are based on mages (Crowd control ability), since I am a mage, but feel free to add-in/contribute your observation for the new mobs as well :)

Hopefully this guide will be useful for players to figure out tactics and also identify which mob is the kill/stun priority etc. The pictures can also help players identify the mobs (mostly aim rogue) prior to the encounter. Maybe it won't be as useful now as some mobs can easily be killed in normal map (mage), but maybe it'll be handy when it comes to elite.

To ease the amount of suicidal deaths and pots wasted, there won't be a picture for every weapon variant the mobs have (i think i got most for warrior though)

Mob: Warrior
Variants: sword and shield, axe, great sword, hammer and other with different weapon.
Crowd Control: Can be iced, stunned, root, and clock freeze
Attack: Jab, spin cut, Charged hit (red zone)
Notes:
Despite the difference in weapon, they all do roughly the same damage.
The spin attack can push-back
If you left it frozen by clock and continue in map without killing it, it will become unfrozen and immune to ice.

Mob: Mage
Variants: Gun and staff
Crowd Control: Can be stunned, root, and clock freeze
Attacks: heal, ice (dot), gun attack, charged gun (staff mage doesn’t have charged attack), curse (when close)
Notes:
While soloing it, I’ve rarely get cursed by it, since I keep my distance. But when you move onto it, it will use curse, so keep your distance from it.
Gale mastery also removes curse.
If you left it frozen by clock and continue in map without killing it, it will become unfrozen.

Mob: Bow Rogue
Crowd Control: Can be iced, root, and clock freeze
Attacks: bow shot, aimed shot
Note:
Prior to pulling, it has the typical bow rogue stance. (see picture 3)
Usually wear pants (of some sot)
Aimed shot have TWICE the range as the displayed red zone
Can escape aimed by going out of range.

Mob: dagger rogue
Crowd Control: Can be iced, root, and clock freeze
Attacks: dagger attack, razor shield
Note:
Immune to ice when razor is on.
Also wears pants.
Attacks can cause bleed (500 dmg per tick on me)
Hits fairly hard, have the highest crit damage of all mobs for normal attack

Mob: archer
Attack: shoot arrow, charged arrow.
Notes:
Charged arrow is about 2x dmg as normal (still need to verify)
Visual for charged arrow is the third picture

Mob: regular soldier like mobs

eugene9707
10-11-2016, 11:02 AM
For those who complain that the skull mage damage is too high, it's actually not.
It's incapable of 1 shotting a mage using lv 46 gear
Staff mage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECvdzx4x9Os
Gun mage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qyGfM0CMA

Range of Skull rogue aimed shot appears to be more than double of the red zone distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddfqCM95CyQ

Fsuryo
10-11-2016, 11:28 AM
The boss pict and detail must be added.
Xp

Great.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

nightmaresmoke
10-11-2016, 12:43 PM
I kinda wish the undead skeleton war mage rogues voices would be changed coz it's kinda weird hearing their voices that sounded like a normal players character they're supposed to be undead right? A little tweak with their voices would be nice like a undead voice should be.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

eugene9707
10-11-2016, 12:44 PM
I kinda wish the undead skeleton war mage rogues voices would be changed coz it's kinda weird hearing their voices that sounded like a normal players character they're supposed to be undead right? A little tweak with their voices would be nice like a undead voice should be.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

lol , nice catch. I play without sound so i didnt know

diexdie
10-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Nice bro

Sent from my EVERCOSS A65 using Tapatalk

badnick478
10-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Hahaha... nice job :v

Att
10-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Good job

Although tl;dr

eugene9707
10-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Good job

Although tl;dr

i blame the pictures :P

Abuze
10-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Very nice :)

Carapace
10-11-2016, 01:45 PM
The Timeshift Mastery is intentionally removed if you leave the combat range of the enemy. It was a bug the other way around wherein it was possible to exploit them by freezing then walking away. It would also create a bug where a time frozen enemy could chase and attack but appear to be frozen.

eugene9707
10-11-2016, 01:49 PM
The Timeshift Mastery is intentionally removed if you leave the combat range of the enemy. It was a bug the other way around wherein it was possible to exploit them by freezing then walking away. It would also create a bug where a time frozen enemy could chase and attack but appear to be frozen.

hmmm, i seee, thanks for the clarification.

On that note, i've noticed that after the perma freeze from time gets canceled from exiting the combat range, the mobs appears to be immune to ice ? like they have ice graphic on them but still continue to attack/run

eugene9707
10-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Assumes the rogue's gender as "he" triggereddddd

Nice thread

I sexually Identify as a meme. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of being uploaded onto the imgur website and linked into the reddit threads. People say to me that a person being a meme is Impossible and I'm ****ing retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a computer scientist put my brain into my computer like johnny depp in transendence, equipping me with the dankest of pictures from the internet. From now on I want you guys to call me "Sir Danks-a-lot" and respect my right to meme from above and meme needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a memephobe and need to check your internet privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

~Meme

changed them all to "it", as they are un dead .... better now ? lol

eugene9707
10-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Added info on the dagger rogue.

Also added video about the damage of un-dead mage, it's actually not as hard as we think after the nerf

Befs
10-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Added info on the dagger rogue.

Also added video about the damage of un-dead mage, it's actually not as hard as we think after the nerf

Don't mean to push but how about the gun mage? And how about when you're in a party of four?

Only respond if u want. I'm not too worried about it but it would be interesting.

eugene9707
10-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Don't mean to push but how about the gun mage? And how about when you're in a party of four?

Only respond if u want. I'm not too worried about it but it would be interesting.

Same thing for gun mage, but I can add a video too if needed. The only difference is that gun mage have longer as well as the red zone charged attack.

As for party of 4,i have yet to try to coordinate one. Since one is patient enough to only pull a single mob in a regular run, most people just pull a whole bunch of mob at once.

Bajingg
10-12-2016, 07:26 PM
About that rogue mob with bow, I'm still getting fired with aimed shot even though I'm far of the red zones. That happens quite often for me.
And one question, can nekro's shield disable the mage's curse?

eugene9707
10-12-2016, 07:39 PM
About that rogue mob with bow, I'm still getting fired with aimed shot even though I'm far of the red zones. That happens quite often for me.

ya, i've noticed that the aimed red zone wasn't the most accurate either.

As for nekro, since it doesn't remove debuff (such as stun), i dont think so, but i'll check if it's possible to prevent getting cursed with it.

eugene9707
10-13-2016, 12:31 AM

done for gun mage.
Will try to get a pt some time later to try in pt of 4

so apparently the aimed shot have a range twice as long as the red zone displayed.

Bajingg
10-13-2016, 03:24 AM
so apparently the aimed shot have a range twice as long as the red zone displayed.[/QUOTE]

Thankyou for the information. I also seemed that way, so the only way to nullify curse for mage is to cast arcane shield perhaps?

Att
11-01-2016, 08:09 AM
i blame the pictures :P

Ahahaha. Just read, nice info.

HauHau
02-09-2017, 03:43 AM
Thx dude. Helped a lot!!

Calloftoxic
02-16-2017, 01:31 PM
Thx. Good post.

Zwid
03-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Good work! It's helpfull

Crystalwiz
04-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Is there a pet that removes the curse. If so, can the egg be slotted with my pet and be useful? I have time clock mastered and still get the curse. Thx

Avaree
04-22-2017, 06:09 PM
Is there a pet that removes the curse. If so, can the egg be slotted with my pet and be useful? I have time clock mastered and still get the curse. Thx

Yes, on a tight budget nilbog's aa (gives five seconds immunity againt curse) can be slotted to any pet, keep the pet in range, or you miss its buff. Glowstik's aa also gives immunity against curse, but it's aa does not stack with another glowstik's aa in party.

Side note, nilbog's aa also removes, cocoons, stuns from bombs, stones, and frees players movement from spider's webs.

Blazerland
04-23-2017, 05:46 AM
great post hai. thanks!