PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting PL for a new generation

Tetriac
10-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Active forum users already know by now that PL is not getting a Halloween event this year. I just read a statement in the announcement section from 1-2 years ago saying that PL and other legends games will not be receiving any more updates. It seems that the focus of STS is on new(er) titles these days. Arcane Legends is receiving the Halloween event that was mentioned. AL is a great game, but so is PL. I suppose my question is why has STS all but shut down Pocket Legends?

Pocket Legends is the title that put STS in the spotlight. It is a brilliant mmorpg that continues to be one of the absolute best in the world of mobile Mmorpgs. Despite being on the market for a number of years it still has much to offer. I think if the "Halloween event" misunderstanding has shown us anything it's that there is still a loyal following of players. I have heard many players saying that they'll come back to PL just for the "update". I believe that literally ANYTHING that STS would do for PL would draw back the crowds. Yeah, most of the high levels would blow through any new content in a matter of days, but that's only a small part of the equation. Think of how long PL has been out, almost seven years! An update could breathe new life into the game and bring in a whole new generation of players.

I understand that like any business you have to make the most out of your available resources and make decisions that you feel are in the best interest of the company. I encourage STS to way the pros and cons of investing back into PL. PL is unlike your other games, it's what put you on the map. Think of it as a labor of love. Please consider revisiting PL. Thank you.

plpr
10-11-2016, 02:49 PM
That second paragraph couldn't sum it up any clearer. Well said my friend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

octavos
10-11-2016, 02:54 PM
I would rather keep them running at all..instead of the devs closing the games never to enjoy PL or any other older sts game. Im sure its costly to keep the games up, as i have seen just this year a few games I played were shutdown...never to be enjoyed again.

Iheybeautiful
10-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Omg not those types of threads again pls.

Tetriac
10-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Omg not those types of threads again pls.

The very fact that "those types of threads" exist is a testament unto itself, and that PL has such a tremendous draw even 7 years after creation! It is for this reason I have started another thread under the suggestions area for STS to consider creating (PL2). Perhaps Pocket Legends Two is the future of STS's continued success.

Magic Sword
10-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Focusing on just one game was long overdue, sadly PL was the winner so now we are here the small response to that thread is hardly enough to keep a game running. These cries for updates never accomplish anything. I really believe it hurt the original devs to have to discontinue Pocket Legends. Silly nostalgia

Lel on a humorous note, first thing after I read Gary's post I thought to myself did he think he was in AL forums??
What do u know
;D back to hibernating

Justg
10-11-2016, 05:02 PM
I really believe it hurt the original devs to have to discontinue Pocket Legends. Silly nostalgia

More than you know. It still is our favorite game. Unfortunately the needs of business outweigh personal desires.

Lel on a humorous note, first thing after I read Gary's post I thought to myself did he think he was in AL forums??

I am so so sorry for the unintentional troll!

Golem
10-11-2016, 05:33 PM
More than you know. It still is our favorite game. Unfortunately the needs of business outweigh personal desires.

I am so so sorry for the unintentional troll!

Cus this mistake Justg will work over time to create alone Halloween event for PL :D jkjk

Marika1
10-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Just make small update to give everyone 3pc ring so that l80 pvp is fair. That is all.

Ssneakykills
10-12-2016, 08:00 AM
Just make small update to give everyone 3pc ring so that l80 pvp is fair. That is all.

Yeah for those 8 players who still play endgame pvp with no 3 piece ok

Marika1
10-12-2016, 08:01 AM
Yeah for those 8 players who still play endgame pvp with no 3 piece ok

There are many more than 8 players and a lot more would join if they could get the ring. You 3pc pro!

Ssneakykills
10-12-2016, 08:13 AM
There are many more than 8 players and a lot more would join if they could get the ring. You 3pc pro!

Incorrect I only have 2 piece and I highly doubt a 3 piece ring would make players come back if anything it would make people leave as 96.7% of players have bought a account with a 3 piece ring on it.

Marika1
10-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Good. Nobody needs cheaturs or account buyers in the game! Now THAT would be a real life lesson!

Ssneakykills
10-12-2016, 08:27 AM
Good. Nobody needs cheaturs or account buyers in the game! Now THAT would be a real life lesson!

Losing those 'cheaters' would mean you'd lose the small player base pl already has

Marika1
10-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Losing those 'cheaters' would mean you'd lose the small player base pl already has

Oh please. At this point there is nothing that would drive those people away. Other than server shutdown. And there will be an influx of other new players.

Ignitedmage
10-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Oh please. At this point there is nothing that would drive those people away. Other than server shutdown. And there will be an influx of other new players.

what sneaky meant was PL have a fair amount of cheaters now(or account buyers) and losing them would decrease the player base of PL.
fighting against cheaters is better or fighting against a non-cheater but somtimes and other than that fighting NO ONE is bad?

humiiii
10-12-2016, 11:18 AM

cry newgen

The Happiness
10-12-2016, 11:40 AM

But its NOT fair and it won't ever be fair. Where's my 5/6 pc ring?

Marika1
10-12-2016, 12:24 PM
cry newgen

This newgen would walk all over you oldgen (lel) if all things were equal. But i understand...it's scary! You need to maintain that 'skill' for as long as you can!

Magic Sword
10-12-2016, 03:27 PM
if all things were equal
Yeah like if you had found the game by random started playing in 2010 and grinded the additional 750k XP to hit every cap over the past 5 and a half years. Why can't everyone live the exact same life with the exact same opportunities.

Only if everything was equal and I was born into a billionaire family and never had to work a day in my life, guess instead ill spend everyday complaining how things aren't equal as they obviously should be. Such a shame the Scientific Laws of Equality have been suspended

Marika1
10-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Here come the life lessons again. It is a game. Game need to be even in pvp at least.

Marika1
10-12-2016, 04:50 PM
This 'i want to be dealt aces because i was first at the poker table' attitude is embarrassing to say the least. You can't handle other people being equal to you because you are already getting outplayed probably. Why stop at 3pc advantage? Why not give whoever has founders an 'i win' button? To use when things get rough...

Trenton
10-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Ur funny Marika

Also Magic Sword rekt u m9

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Reverse
10-12-2016, 06:34 PM

Lol real talk

Suentous PO
10-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Here come the life lessons again. It is a game. Game need to be even in pvp at least.

Pl pvp hasnt been near even for years. Not sense founders, and it won't be even if they released a 3pc.
Why ?
"I only lost cuz I don't have founder stats *cry*
-they re release founders helm-
"I only lost cuz I don't have black dragon set bonus *cry*
-They re release black dragon-
"I only lost cuz I don't have human face stats *cry*
-re release human faces -

Then the 71 pvpers start crying about elites not being fair
Then the 66 start crying over angel sets while also wanting 3pc
Ad nausium

They would have to re release everything to get near "fair pvp" and asking for that much code is asking for a major update followed by another update to fix the unintended bugs that always follow an update.

Marika1
10-13-2016, 03:12 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves and overthink this too much.

Ssneakykills
10-13-2016, 07:21 AM

Yeah but they aren't supporting this game with updates anymore so no they will gain nothing from balancing pvp now.

Because balancing pvp will make all those 20 people who still play throw money at the game rite

Marika1
10-13-2016, 07:55 AM
Yeah but they aren't supporting this game with updates anymore so no they will gain nothing from balancing pvp now.

Because balancing pvp will make all those 20 people who still play throw money at the game rite

I don't know about the money part, probably not to be honest. But we will surely see a lot more new faces than the usual ones. If they really care about the game as they say, they could release the 3pc ring. It doesn't even have to be during a new level cap or new map.

Ssneakykills
10-13-2016, 08:03 AM
I don't know about the money part, probably not to be honest. But we will surely see a lot more new faces than the usual ones. If they really care about the game as they say, they could release the 3pc ring. It doesn't even have to be during a new level cap or new map.

They don't make games for the hell of it ofc they make it to make money they've got families to feed the same as everyone else. Updates cost money and updating pl in the state it is would be a pointless thing to do. You think new players will stick around once they see what's written on forums? You think they will stay when 90% of maps they join are empty and the community is as toxic and unhelpful as it is? Plenty of games out there that aren't much better now in every aspect.

It's like using a flip phone when you have a iPhone 7 next to you

Marika1
10-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Well i believe this game is great still and will be played for years to come. Adding small update to give 3pc ring to everyone would only help with that. Don't take chat too seriously in pvp, they're just happy they beat you. :)

Ssneakykills
10-13-2016, 08:34 AM
Well i believe this game is great still and will be played for years to come. Adding small update to give 3pc ring to everyone would only help with that. Don't take chat too seriously in pvp, they're just happy they beat you. :)

You'll probably still be the only one playing in years to come still asking for a ring that hardly has a difference from the 2 piece ring.

Ignitedmage
10-13-2016, 08:42 AM
Well in my try to end this conversation i would say that just feel blessed for even having 2pc ring. It wouldn't been a thing if cinco did removed the ancient cavern pet. And before this last update, ppl used to fight against 2pc and 3pc and used to defeat them and some even said that they don't want to waste their time in earning the 300k Exp and earning the 2pc ring when they can defeat those who own them. When it doesn't make any significant advantage why would you complain about it? People used to defeat 3pc and they do defeat them now also, just find the method and you're better then all those 3pc owners.
Ahead is your decision, Thanks for reading and have fun ingame!

Marika1
10-13-2016, 08:53 AM
Well in my try to end this conversation i would say that just feel blessed for even having 2pc ring. It wouldn't been a thing if cinco did removed the ancient cavern pet. And before this last update, ppl used to fight against 2pc and 3pc and used to defeat them and some even said that they don't want to waste their time in earning the 300k Exp and earning the 2pc ring when they can defeat those who own them. When it doesn't make any significant advantage why would you complain about it? People used to defeat 3pc and they do defeat them now also, just find the method and you're better then all those 3pc owners.
Ahead is your decision, Thanks for reading and have fun ingame!

Sure, because a 3pc ring = a dragon ring + a 2pc ring! That's why it's so powerful! Dragon ring adds damage and 2pc adds dodge/armor. What you are saying may have happened during fiery sets era, but i would like to see a dragon ring mage take on a 3pc mage now, with these sets.

Magic Sword
10-13-2016, 03:26 PM
This 'i want to be dealt aces because i was first at the poker table' attitude is embarrassing to say the least. You can't handle other people being equal to you because you are already getting outplayed probably. Why stop at 3pc advantage? Why not give whoever has founders an 'i win' button? To use when things get rough...

Yeah but the "everyone should be dealt aces" attitude is spot on! bad analogy

As long as we're whining about the games unfairness how about the entire luck based pvp now no elite ring the dodge and hit %'s are the decided factor basically everytime. who's gonna "land" a debuff first...
or maybe the entire luck based drop system, bosses arent havent been a challenge for some time, prolonged farming has no guaranteed reward

maybe if we act like 3 year olds asking for food we'll get some content or maybe not since it was already announced that there are gonna be no new updates.

Give it up or start playing AL

humiiii
10-14-2016, 02:42 AM
This newgen would walk all over you oldgen (lel) if all things were equal. But i understand...it's scary! You need to maintain that 'skill' for as long as you can!
Newgen still crying

Marika1
10-14-2016, 03:26 AM
Yeah but the "everyone should be dealt aces" attitude is spot on! bad analogy

As long as we're whining about the games unfairness how about the entire luck based pvp now no elite ring the dodge and hit %'s are the decided factor basically everytime. who's gonna "land" a debuff first...
or maybe the entire luck based drop system, bosses arent havent been a challenge for some time, prolonged farming has no guaranteed reward

maybe if we act like 3 year olds asking for food we'll get some content or maybe not since it was already announced that there are gonna be no new updates.

Give it up or start playing AL

Everyone WILL get aces eventually no matter if they were first or last at the table. It's a mathematical certainty.

Ignitedmage
10-14-2016, 09:06 AM
Sure, because a 3pc ring = a dragon ring + a 2pc ring! That's why it's so powerful! Dragon ring adds damage and 2pc adds dodge/armor. What you are saying may have happened during fiery sets era, but i would like to see a dragon ring mage take on a 3pc mage now, with these sets.

All i am trying to say is they are not invincible, they can be defeated, i know it will take alot from you when you'll be fighting 3pc dragon ring mage instead of a 2pc mage but still if you want to defeat them, then it is possible.
By the way what you're trying to happen(removing 3pc ring or giving it to everybody) ain't gonna because i don't know how new you're to the game but ding dong the devs aren't going to change any single thing in the game, if they were being doing that, their might be alot of changes because you ain't the only one to ask "small" changes for the game.

Zeiryan
10-14-2016, 10:34 AM
Well -- like Sue said, fixing all that stuff would require a major fix in the realm of "coding" and create more bugs to fix. That takes time, man hours, and money, which STS is not going to put into it because at the end of the day, they are a business. It's a moot point to discuss obtaining 3 piece rings anymore or bringing back old vanity items. And several others say that 3 piece can be defeated by 2 piece folks. It IS true. I've done it several times (and I'm not a PVP pro). It would be a better use of players' energy to discuss ways of keeping the game enticing or actually discussing ways to effectively beat 3 piece PVP players if you're so worried about it. Also, calling people "new gen" nowadays is meant just as much an insult as calling them "noobs" or "nubs." In fact, they are the ones who are keeping activity levels up in the game, whereas a huge number of the "old gens" have abandoned it. No reason to bring name-calling into discussion like that. Point is, the newer players just need to realize that they weren't playing the game 3, 4, 5, etc. years ago and it isn't reasonable or realistic to expect the same special items given in the past as rewards (for caps, events, bonuses, plat, etc.).

Magic Sword
10-14-2016, 02:05 PM
Everyone WILL get aces eventually no matter if they were first or last at the table. It's a mathematical certainty.

Well then I supposed the first at the table should be dealt aces is a mathematical certainty so not sure why you were so upset about it earlier

Also pretty sure the longer you're at the table the higher your odds so mathematically oldest players have the highest chances at winning...

Good point

Marika1
10-15-2016, 03:40 AM
Well then I supposed the first at the table should be dealt aces is a mathematical certainty so not sure why you were so upset about it earlier

Also pretty sure the longer you're at the table the higher your odds so mathematically oldest players have the highest chances at winning...

Good point

LOL! This assumption is so wrong and made up it's funny!

@JustG There is drama because we are fans of the game. :)

Spullllll
10-15-2016, 12:52 PM
I cannot believe this is starting so much

Magic Sword
10-15-2016, 08:22 PM
LOL! This assumption is so wrong and made up it's funny!

@JustG There is drama because we are fans of the game. :)
Pretty sure if you are dealt to more the more chance you have to receive aces, don't really play cards but not sure how getting dealt to 1 time has the same odds of getting the same or more aces than someone dealt to 100 times.
Anyways that analogy clearly doesn't hold up since you are complaining about not getting your aces.

The game isn't getting updated anymore, sure I'd love more caps and elite vanities and content. Like has already been said this isn't going to happen.

Also you don't make drama over a game from being a fan
Drama is stupid and should be the last thing you want to infect a great game you like so please don't create it.

I cannot believe this is starting so much
I cannot believe some people can't accept reality here

Percense
10-19-2016, 12:42 PM
U should hehe