PDA

View Full Version : Completing gearing mage 61! Skills + Gear! Help needed!

resurrected
10-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Hey Arlorians!
My friend need help with gear and skill build. Posting it because he don't have forum.
Here is few questions :
What gear setup is best for FULL PVE Mage ( staff/gun/helm/armor/belt/amulet/ring)
Staff vs Gun for mobs and boss?
Skill build...?
Pet build ( legendary ) for mobs/boss or hybrid if possible
Thanks!!!

resurrected
10-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Any OP mage will help :)?

eugene9707
10-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Any OP mage will help :)?

I'm just a nub mage, but I'll add in some suggestions:
Ideally, it's staff for mobs and gun for bosses, but I would suggest your friend trying them out. It varies between play style imo.

As for skills, I personally do fire, ice, gale, clock and lightning. I swap clock for lightning at boss.
Again, mage is a pretty versatile class, so it's really down to preference and play style. I know many mages who would prefer having shield instead of all attack skills.

Honestly, ask him to prepare a few respec kit and try out various builds. Different players will have different play style and builds.

Plqgue
10-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Ideally, it's staff for mobs and gun for bosses, but I would suggest your friend trying them out. It varies between play style imo.

As for skills, I personally do fire, ice, gale, clock and lightning. I swap clock for lightning at boss.
Again, mage is a pretty versatile class, so it's really down to preference and play style. I know many mages who would prefer having shield instead of all attack skills.

Honestly, ask him to prepare a few respec kit and try out various builds. Different players will have different play style and builds.

The build you said is op af in new maps yo

eugene9707
10-12-2016, 05:59 PM

haha, i like it too , have it for quite a while.

But not all people are comfortable with going all damage (no shield), especially when elite comes around, and i understand that.

That's why i said it's up for the player and their play style XD

Plqgue
10-12-2016, 06:16 PM
haha, i like it too , have it for quite a while.

But not all people are comfortable with going all damage (no shield), especially when elite comes around, and i understand that.

That's why i said it's up for the player and their play style XD

Definitely gonna use my shield in elite but for normal that build is great it really helps with he more pesky mobs in new map like those mages they can't curse your team if they're atunned

eugene9707
10-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Definitely gonna use my shield in elite but for normal that build is great it really helps with he more pesky mobs in new map like those mages they can't curse your team if they're atunned

actually, the mages don't curse unless you're beside it.

see the video at 1:45
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?376143-Somberholt-mob-catalog&p=2598341&viewfull=1#post2598341

Fredystern
10-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Skill: fireball, frost bolt, lightning, gale,time shift, shield & heal ( if you think you need)
Passive: 5/5 int 5/5 str 5/5 dex 5/5 critical
Mastery: clock 10/10, gale ~/10 based in you :D i only put 1 points on gale and the rest on fireball

In mobs: Use fireball, timeshift, gale(you can change this to shield or heal), frost bolt
When meet boss change to: lightning, shield( if you took alot of damage from boss)/ fireball, frost bolt, gale(to run away from redzone using charged version)

But i recommend to find your playstyle that you could enjoy, i found some player not comfortable using gale in boss and mobs

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Plqgue
10-12-2016, 07:04 PM
actually, the mages don't curse unless you're beside it.

see the video at 1:45
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?376143-Somberholt-mob-catalog&p=2598341&viewfull=1#post2598341

Yeah I do big pulls so sometimes I don't see them until it's too late but with that build 96% of the time they're stunned and dead before they can

resurrected
10-13-2016, 01:05 AM

Any specific upgrades on build?

Skill: fireball, frost bolt, lightning, gale,time shift, shield & heal ( if you think you need)
Passive: 5/5 int 5/5 str 5/5 dex 5/5 critical
Mastery: clock 10/10, gale ~/10 based in you :D i only put 1 points on gale and the rest on fireball

In mobs: Use fireball, timeshift, gale(you can change this to shield or heal), frost bolt
When meet boss change to: lightning, shield( if you took alot of damage from boss)/ fireball, frost bolt, gale(to run away from redzone using charged version)

But i recommend to find your playstyle that you could enjoy, i found some player not comfortable using gale in boss and mobs

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk
Thank you!

eugene9707
10-13-2016, 01:49 AM
Any specific upgrades on build?

Thank you!

5/5 fireball, 3/5 lightning (extra damage and crit dmg), 4/5 ice (all except ice patch), gale 3/5 weighted wind and speed (personal choice), clock 5/5.
mastery: clock 10/10 , gale x/10 ( i personally do 10/10 but not required to max)
passive: int, str, rest is up to you ( crit, dmg, and/or dex)

again, just a mage nub giving suggestions :P

resurrected
10-13-2016, 02:00 AM
5/5 fireball, 3/5 lightning (extra damage and crit dmg), 4/5 ice (all except ice patch), gale 3/5 weighted wind and speed (personal choice), clock 5/5.
mastery: clock 10/10 , gale x/10 ( i personally do 10/10 but not required to max)
passive: int, str, rest is up to you ( crit, dmg, and/or dex)

again, just a mage nub giving suggestions :P
Thanks!
Any gear suggestions? Which set is best now? My friend is new and i also don't know whats best gear 61 yet..

Robhawk
10-13-2016, 05:47 AM
Thanks!
Any gear suggestions? Which set is best now? My friend is new and i also don't know whats best gear 61 yet..

legendary l61 weapon, armor and helm brutality (for shield) or assault (for health and dmg), myth l56 belt INT version, arcane ring imho still good with the armor buff (especially for mages), l54 cryo pendant arcanist or planar pendant.

resurrected
10-13-2016, 05:49 AM
legendary l61 weapon, armor and helm brutality (for shield) or assault (for health and dmg), myth l56 belt INT version, arcane ring imho still good with the armor buff (especially for mages), l54 cryo pendant arcanist or planar pendant.
Any cheapest ring and pendant ? He just started ;)

EbenevTheMage
10-13-2016, 07:33 AM
i put 5/5 on damage, useful or useless? [emoji15]

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

Fsuryo
10-13-2016, 07:49 AM
If i have gold enough, i'll make these one:
Slink sloted a nekro for AA, and MM at happines.
;)

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

resurrected
10-13-2016, 07:55 AM
If i have gold enough, i'll make these one:
Slink sloted a nekro for AA, and MM at happines.
;)

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk
My friend just started game haha.

Bajingg
10-14-2016, 06:12 AM
The underrated deary ring might not be so bad in end game, and for pet slink, swift, or slobber might be good in the new maps