PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Umbral Mass

Visiting
10-13-2016, 10:01 AM
The Umbral Mass boss had a really nasty habit of sliding out of the boss area and RESETTING, could STS please fix this?

Vvildfire
10-13-2016, 10:28 AM
Yep :c
Does Axe Throw pull him back?
Maybe it's just a challenge!

Visiting
10-13-2016, 10:50 AM
Yep :c
Does Axe Throw pull him back?
Maybe it's just a challenge!

I hear this works, but what to do if you've cleared the whole level but no tank :(

Vvildfire
10-13-2016, 11:08 AM
I hear this works, but what to do if you've cleared the whole level but no tank :(

They first and only time I ran Mausoleum so far was with a tank without the pull upgrade, Umbral Mass reset once. The tank told us to stay up, we did and he didn't reset a second time.
Of course I only ran once so it could have just been dumb luck :p

Vorenus
10-13-2016, 11:45 AM
It seems to be random that the boss decides to walk out, however people respawning at beginning triggers it or people that step out, this seems to happen around the 30% hp area

arcanefid
10-13-2016, 12:44 PM
He just walks out even if the whole party is up and not dead. Axe pull works on him but it's still a pain since there are many mobs and he has like zillions of Hp. It's just not cool fighting him.

I got the AP and killed him around 3-4 times but it's definitely not worth it spending 30 min fighting a normal mode boss.

Hercules
10-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Can you take a picture of umbral mass? :P

Melthyz
10-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Sounds like it's too much of a headache, I'll wait for the nerf stick.

Ioyalistic
10-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Happend to me and my party too, lol

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Vvildfire
10-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Anyone know what's healing him? Can't bring his hp down :s rogue I had my first try was really op I guess xD
It may be because I'm running pugs Idk

Carapace
10-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Anyone know what's healing him? Can't bring his hp down :s rogue I had my first try was really op I guess xD
It may be because I'm running pugs Idk

The Umbral Mass has a Life Siphon DoT that he casts on players, damage dealt heals him. This debuff does stack.

arcanefid
10-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Can you take a picture of umbral mass? :P

Says "upload failed" >.>'

Vvildfire
10-13-2016, 02:05 PM
The Umbral Mass has a Life Siphon DoT that he casts on players, damage dealt heals him. This debuff does stack.

Whaa! That's so powerful! @.@
Can it be removed somehow, that anyone knows?

Carapace
10-13-2016, 02:12 PM
I will take a look at the Umbral Mass logic in regards to his spacing and movement speed. He has only been available for about 6 hours so as you guys learn strategies and ways to deal with him it should get easier. The moving too far and leashing can be massaged a bit however.

Mesti
10-13-2016, 02:34 PM
Yup. Umbral Mass is pretty challenging compare to the others because of the slow movement and he always try to run and reset. Axe is great way to prevent him from running away but still hard to axe him as there is mobs around him

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

ForgottenWarrior
10-13-2016, 02:40 PM
The mage mob one which cause curse and umberal mass boss make the zone very difficult for normal players, In my opinion we can't gusse when we get reflect after curse even if we don't hit we may die, there should be some alert or some strategy other than diedie forever. The Umberal boss has a lot more HP than it peer bosses, I have also found the proc rate of planar pendant and some weapons is more in that zone, that proc knock him out of window when himself trying jump away from it. He reset himself that happened to me thrice. We are not supposed to play 20 mins for a single map it hurts my fingers as well.

nightmaresmoke
10-13-2016, 03:11 PM
Umbral is pretty easy once you know the trick

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Lolifee
10-13-2016, 05:40 PM
whats the trick?

Carapace
10-13-2016, 06:14 PM
One of his mechanics is not working properly. Next patch, when you use the Cleansing Shrine, it will also remove one instance of the Siphon Debuff on each player. This is one way players can help manage his health recovery and also damage dealt to players. His movement speed will also be reduced a little bit more, and his spacing wil be a little more lenient to prevent him running too far too fast and into leash territory. His leash will be adjusted to give a little more recovery room if he starts to beeline down the hallway.

Some other things of note:
The frequency of his Siphon is faster the more party members are fighting him in order to help balance the encounter. The fight already works this way.

Fsuryo
10-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Axe is great way to prevent him from running away but still hard to axe him as there is mobs around him

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

This! XD
/11 char

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Fsuryo
10-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Next patch, when you use the Cleansing Shrine, it will also remove one instance of the Siphon Debuff on each player.

What is that? O.o

Vorenus
10-13-2016, 09:47 PM
What is that? O.o

The pillar that's at the start of the fight.

Qnoy
10-13-2016, 09:57 PM
This debuff status cant be remove with skill like razr,shield or jugg.. is it by design? and could you please check even when the boss already dead this debuff still stack our char atleast u die and respawn

Fsuryo
10-13-2016, 10:42 PM
The pillar that's at the start of the fight.
Im still at acolyte btw, but thx :)

Zaocajede
10-13-2016, 10:53 PM
One of his mechanics is not working properly. Next patch, when you use the Cleansing Shrine, it will also remove one instance of the Siphon Debuff on each player. This is one way players can help manage his health recovery and also damage dealt to players. His movement speed will also be reduced a little bit more, and his spacing wil be a little more lenient to prevent him running too far too fast and into leash territory. His leash will be adjusted to give a little more recovery room if he starts to beeline down the hallway.

The frequency of his Siphon is faster the more party members are fighting him in order to help balance the encounter. The fight already works this way.

I tried using nilbog to remove the debuff and it doesn't appear to be working.

Is this a bug or as intended?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaocajede
10-13-2016, 10:56 PM
Double post

Qnoy
10-13-2016, 11:09 PM
I tried using nilbog to remove the debuff and it doesn't appear to be working.

Is this a bug or as intended?

Thanks

Nice catch.. we need some clarification here, oh and planar pendant crystal proc pick up from mage seems not remove the debuff as well

eugene9707
10-13-2016, 11:23 PM
also, gale doesn't seems to remove the debuff as well as the dot damage from the boss .....

despite saying "remove ANY negative effect on the sorcerer "

Vvildfire
10-14-2016, 12:25 AM

Thank you! :)

Fsuryo
10-14-2016, 12:38 AM
also, gale doesn't seems to remove the debuff as well as the dot damage from the boss .....

despite saying "remove ANY negative effect on the sorcerer "
Ofc shield too xD

Kenzou
10-14-2016, 12:48 AM
I think the trick is there should be atleast one person that stands on the entrance of the room near the pillar so he wont reset
Umbral avoids us so he will walk away from us :)

eugene9707
10-14-2016, 12:51 AM
Ofc shield too xD

shield only remove freeze, snare, stun and bleed xD

so slightly different :P

(for example, gale remove debuff, curse and other stuff too)

Fsuryo
10-14-2016, 12:55 AM
shield only remove freeze, snare, stun and bleed xD

so slightly different [emoji14]

(for example, gale remove debuff, curse and other stuff too)
Meh you're right xD

Ardbeg
10-14-2016, 01:10 AM
Stay in the middle and use axe throw and pull pets. Focus on aoe Damage as Tank (i.e. old Aegis to help get the mobs out of the way). If possible, use haste set to catch him.

ilhanna
10-14-2016, 01:59 AM
Stay in the middle and use axe throw and pull pets. Focus on aoe Damage as Tank (i.e. old Aegis to help get the mobs out of the way). If possible, use haste set to catch him.

But wouldn't the speed debuff override the set bonus?

Avaree
10-14-2016, 06:01 AM
^^this^^
Also staying near the gates with party spread out some helps keep the boss in the boss room. That boss does not like players close, players can drive him out, either by pushing or pulling. (Balance is the key)
Also this boss is bugged atm.

But wouldn't the speed debuff override the set bonus?

We use the leg dusk gears in the mausoleum, no set bonus to disrupt, yet :)

Zaocajede
10-14-2016, 07:49 AM
I've only fought mass a handful of times but what's worked for me is standing on top of it using immo bow.

Carapace
10-14-2016, 10:26 AM
To clarify, his Siphon Debuff is designed to not be removed by any other means. Having said that, good catch in that when the boss is defeated the siphons still exist, I will have that addressed for next week as well

nightmaresmoke
10-14-2016, 11:51 AM
To clarify, his Siphon Debuff is designed to not be removed by any other means. Having said that, good catch in that when the boss is defeated the siphons still exist, I will have that addressed for next week as well
Off topic what about the new bows dusk and light is that design not to auto aim or bug?

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Saud
10-14-2016, 05:31 PM

I like the speed debuff
It's challenging, annoying but fun xD

Zikovsky
11-07-2016, 02:10 PM
Cara, can u explain to us completely about Cleansing Shrine. I still can't figure out any usability of this clickable pillar that only found in Umbral Mass territory. So I can explain to my guildies based on reliable info. Thx

Carapace
11-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Cara, can u explain to us completely about Cleansing Shrine. I still can't figure out any usability of this clickable pillar that only found in Umbral Mass territory. So I can explain to my guildies based on reliable info. Thx

When you activate the Shrine it will remove the speed debuff so that everyone can freely move for a short amount of time. Ideally used to run to the safe zones before his massive AOE goes off. The cooldown on the shrine's availability is longer than the length so timing is important.

Exalted ranks make it so that the shrine becomes available again after it wears off.