PDA

View Full Version : ok noob question but i need help

trixxspet
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
i have a lvl 60 enchantress (trixxspet) and she doesnt kill worth a dang...i have good equipment i guess...Nuri's....I can stand up to alot of damage but I cannot kill very quickly...(PvE)...i have played with some enchantress who seemingly just stroll through the dungeons killing in one shot attacks...how is this possible? i am pure int....should i respec or do i need better gear? I havent been playing very long and would like some guidance....thank you so very much!

JaytB
09-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Mobs in the new campaing have an extreme amount of HP. There's no way that they can be one-shotted when not on elix IMO. That being said, pure INT does most skill dmg. Although dex Mage used to deal more dmg because of the extreme high amount of crit (with custom set). Dex mages are extremely squishy though, especially in the new campaigns. And new Mage gear has a nice amount of crit now, so I don't think dex gear really deals that much more dmg anymore (if it even deals as much).
The only thing that remains then, is using your skills right. Maybe the one-shot happened when a Mage used lightning while the enemies were rooted. Also, debuffing enemies correctly seems to be needed more in the new campaigns. A strong combo to kill mobs in pve would be Nightmare (reduces dodge and armor), lightning (dmg and reduces dodge more), icestorm/firestorm combo (loads of dmg). But again, 1 shotting enemies just doesn't seem possible to me, to be honest :)

trixxspet
09-22-2011, 07:54 PM
ok thanks justg, now to figure out how to do the combos properly to get the desired results lol

TANKKAAR
09-22-2011, 07:55 PM
I have included a few things to help you along your way but the mages that you spek of are most like what are refferedto as nuke mages, they are pure intel and have most skill point attibuted into the damage spells rather then debuffs. these mages aren't as squishy as dex mages but not as durable and str mages. IMO tho that have the highest damage output mainly due to skill damage. Another thing that can assit in clearing mobs are combos.

Here is a guid to ALL combos withing you class and multi class combos too. Combos when done properly can deliver massive damage and kill mobs much faster!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23991-Complete-Combo-Guide&highlight=mage+combos
Here are some build comparisons to assit you in choosing the right setup for your play style. I prefer pure Nuke mage. IMO it delivers the best bang for your buck with the highest skill damge possible for any given set. And the new lvl 60 sets have seen an even greater improvement in the crit catogory which IMO rocks!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21318-Level-55-Enchantress-Gear-Build-Comparisons&highlight=mage+guide

AND this this is the GUIDE of all guides! You will want to look down at section #10 for all enchantress guides know to PL :banana:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20352-Guides-Indexes-Helpsheets-amp-all-other-wonderful-stuff-in-one-place...

Hope all this helps and if you have any other questions reach me IG I'm usually on Tankkaar :)

Trollee
09-22-2011, 07:56 PM
ok thanks justg

JaytB*

JaytB
09-22-2011, 08:03 PM
JaytB*

LOL! I was like O.o

trixxspet
09-22-2011, 08:03 PM
oh wow...sorry for changing your name JaytB....grrrrr...dohhh!

JaytB
09-22-2011, 08:06 PM
oh wow...sorry for changing your name JaytB....grrrrr...dohhh!

Np, I kind of liked feeling like a dev LOL :D

TANKKAAR
09-22-2011, 08:10 PM

Jay :) are we going to have to make the potal to the guild hall bigger so your head can fit through....lol

JaytB
09-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Jay :) are we going to have to make the potal to the guild hall bigger so your head can fit through....lol

Hopefully we'll soon have 'join' buttons, so I don't have to squeeze my head through anymore :p

TANKKAAR
09-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Hopefully we'll soon have 'join' buttons, so I don't have to squeeze my head through anymore :p

ROFL!!

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Just curious, what do your stats look like? Damage? :)

Kraze
09-29-2011, 11:43 AM

Zomg lolololollolol too funny

GELLIO77
09-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Jay i think lightning reduces armour not dodge?

JaytB
09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Jay i think lightning reduces armour not dodge?

You're absolutely right. Shows I shouldn't try and make sensible posts in an insomniac state. Thanks for catching that ;)

GELLIO77
09-30-2011, 02:30 AM
dont worry lol, i hear ppl goin on all about that in pvp.

wvhills
10-03-2011, 08:31 AM
yeah, lightning reduces armor. I also think it's weakness that reduces armor and dodge and nightmare that reduces damage. If you have a good tank to follow it may seem like the mage is wiping all the mobs but it's really a combination of the tank and mage. Let the bear run in first to get aggro, he should taunts and/or hellscream. When he does this run up beside him and cast weakness. Unless he's a scatterbear he should then run to a wall to beckon the mobs. As he's doing this you should then cast lightning for some damage and to reduce armor. As the mobs start to head to the wall cast icestorm (you need good timing so you don't freeze them befoe the beckon) and then firestorm for the combo as the bear stomps to finish up his combo. If there are any mobs left another lightning should finish them off, esp if a bird has rooted them. I usually don't use nightmare except for bosses/minibosses or if we try the above and something goes wrong. haha.

I'm like everyone else though, I don't think a nuke mage can stroll through nuri's one shoting everything by him/herself. Lol..

JaytB
10-03-2011, 08:54 AM
I also think it's weakness that reduces armor and dodge and nightmare that reduces damage.

Nope, Nightmare reduces armor and dodge, weakness reduces dmg and hit :)

wvhills
10-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Opps, sorry! I've been away from my mage for too long. Haha.

Uepauke
10-03-2011, 09:19 AM
yeah, lightning reduces armor. I also think it's weakness that reduces armor and dodge and nightmare that reduces damage. If you have a good tank to follow it may seem like the mage is wiping all the mobs but it's really a combination of the tank and mage. Let the bear run in first to get aggro, he should taunts and/or hellscream. When he does this run up beside him and cast weakness. Unless he's a scatterbear he should then run to a wall to beckon the mobs. As he's doing this you should then cast lightning for some damage and to reduce armor. As the mobs start to head to the wall cast icestorm (you need good timing so you don't freeze them befoe the beckon) and then firestorm for the combo as the bear stomps to finish up his combo. If there are any mobs left another lightning should finish them off, esp if a bird has rooted them. I usually don't use nightmare except for bosses/minibosses or if we try the above and something goes wrong. haha.

I'm like everyone else though, I don't think a nuke mage can stroll through nuri's one shoting everything by him/herself. Lol..

Good tips! I'm also a dex/int mage running around with int gear as I'm finding the bow too squishy for nuri.

I usually cast nightmare with weakness as the bear is pulling, as this doesn't seem to interrupt the pull and weakens the mob ready for the next combos (ice storm, firestorm, or, if a bird is around, lightning).

I think if a bird is around, they tend to cast thornwall as soon as they come to the mob, so:

weakness
nightmare
lightning (for nature strike)
icestorm
firestorm

works well.

With a bear and no bird, I'm thinking:

nightmare
weakness
icestorm (for the bear stomp)
firestorm (for the mage combo)

(debating between that and your suggestion of lightning instead of nightmare, but does lightning interfere with the beckon?)

Since learning about the debuffs cast by the skeleton mages in haunted symphony, I also recommend squeezing in heal somewhere in there it counters the debuffs and the ensuing combo and also because dead bear=dead mage.

JaytB
10-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Good tips! I'm also a dex/int mage running around with int gear as I'm finding the bow too squishy for nuri.

I usually cast nightmare with weakness as the bear is pulling, as this doesn't seem to interrupt the pull and weakens the mob ready for the next combos (ice storm, firestorm, or, if a bird is around, lightning).

I think if a bird is around, they tend to cast thornwall as soon as they come to the mob, so:

weakness
nightmare
lightning (for nature strike)
icestorm
firestorm

works well.

With a bear and no bird, I'm thinking:

nightmare
weakness
icestorm (for the bear stomp)
firestorm (for the mage combo)

(debating between that and your suggestion of lightning instead of nightmare, but does lightning interfere with the beckon?)

Since learning about the debuffs cast by the skeleton mages in haunted symphony, I also recommend squeezing in heal somewhere in there it counters the debuffs and the ensuing combo and also because dead bear=dead mage.

Lightning doesn't interfere with a bear's pull. I would always cast lightning before ice/fire combo. Because it's important to reduce armor as much as possible, since it allows all of your party members to deal the max amount of dmg. A good bear rarely stomps right after beckon anyway IMO. You can squeeze 2 skills in between beckon and stomp, while still getting that combo of. I usually do beckon-hellscream-crushing-stomp when playing with my bear :)

wvhills
10-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Lightning doesn't interfere with a bear's pull. I would always cast lightning before ice/fire combo. Because it's important to reduce armor as much as possible, since it allows all of your party members to deal the max amount of dmg. A good bear rarely stomps right after beckon anyway IMO. You can squeeze 2 skills in between beckon and stomp, while still getting that combo of. I usually do beckon-hellscream-crushing-stomp when playing with my bear :)

Someone else pointed out that beckon, stomp and hellscream tends to trigger megacombos more often so I was doing that (and it does trigger lots of megas) but I died a lot (my bears gear isn't the best). I recently started hellscreaming to stun, then taunt, beckon, and stomp. I'm going to try holding off on my stomp now though and throw a few slashes in to give the team some time to get attacks in before I stomp (I always step back and stomp so I don't scatter though, lol). Thanks for the tip!

Uepauke
10-05-2011, 01:14 AM

I've changed my order around a bit and now may skip one debuff in favour of lightning, or sometimes squeeze lightning along with the debuffs and it's working even better :D

And, yes, agree, there's usually a space of time but there ARE the occasional bear that does stomp straight after beckon (as you said, GOOD bears don't). If I'm in a pug with one of those, ice storm comes on MUCH quicker ;)