PDA

View Full Version : Mausoleum - NOT the mage's and warrior's map

chorba69
10-13-2016, 01:53 PM
So, what for are the mages and warriors in mausoleum?
Im not (not at all) asking for a nerf or a buff, because we finally have something thats different, cool and hard.

But, what for are mages and warriors if you compare them with rogues?

Because; that map can be ran with 4 mages, 4 rogues and 4 warriors. That means a warrior isnt even "needed" to tank.
But, warrior's problem is that they dont deal that much damage.
Mages on the other hand deal good damage, but mostly only good AoE damage and the CCs.
But, the map can be cleared without the mages. Maybe a bit slower because mage has best AoE damage but still.

The whole run till the boss isnt that big deal but, whats up with the boss?
I mean, I really like it because we need some time to kill it but, a party with 4 rogues can do it like 3-5 times faster than a mixed party.

I think this map is just "made" for rogues, and it seems rogues are going to shine in this map.
Warriors are cool at the boss, but not that much needed because the boss can be tanked even without it.
A mage is supposed to be a crowd control class, but at the boss is nothing much to CC.

Is there a part in this map where mages and warriors can shine?
Or maybe a suggestion for the devs to do something different in the other (currently locked) levels of mausoleum?

What are your thoughts?

P.S.
Once again, I dont complain, I really like the new content. Finally something different.
I just think that the mages and warriors are lil bit "under" the rogues power.
It would be cool, if each class would be equal or near equal needed for the map. I know that this is hard to achieve, but still,
dpsing the boss for like 5-10 minutes without a single rogue in a party is lil bit boring.

Cheers and happy farming! :-)

Fsuryo
10-13-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm a mage, and run the mausoleum before, have no problem with that, rog need mage, and war too. Dont show another negativity here, already too much.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

ilhanna
10-13-2016, 01:59 PM
I haven't run the area much and when I did it was with a rogue and a warrior. I think mages are definitely crucial to control the waves of mobs in the claustrophobic, crowded corridor. And I think having a mage to control Umbral Mass spawns like what we did with Taurus vines in Planar Tomb 3 might be a good idea, freeing up rogues to focus on boss

Thewolfbull
10-13-2016, 02:33 PM
Try using dragon hunter staff on boss.

Avaree
10-13-2016, 03:32 PM
So, what for are the mages and warriors in mausoleum?
Im not (not at all) asking for a nerf or a buff, because we finally have something thats different, cool and hard.

But, what for are mages and warriors if you compare them with rogues?

Because; that map can be ran with 4 mages, 4 rogues and 4 warriors. That means a warrior isnt even "needed" to tank.
But, warrior's problem is that they dont deal that much damage.
Mages on the other hand deal good damage, but mostly only good AoE damage and the CCs.
But, the map can be cleared without the mages. Maybe a bit slower because mage has best AoE damage but still.

The whole run till the boss isnt that big deal but, whats up with the boss?
I mean, I really like it because we need some time to kill it but, a party with 4 rogues can do it like 3-5 times faster than a mixed party.

I think this map is just "made" for rogues, and it seems rogues are going to shine in this map.
Warriors are cool at the boss, but not that much needed because the boss can be tanked even without it.
A mage is supposed to be a crowd control class, but at the boss is nothing much to CC.

Is there a part in this map where mages and warriors can shine?
Or maybe a suggestion for the devs to do something different in the other (currently locked) levels of mausoleum?

What are your thoughts?

P.S.
Once again, I dont complain, I really like the new content. Finally something different.
I just think that the mages and warriors are lil bit "under" the rogues power.
It would be cool, if each class would be equal or near equal needed for the map. I know that this is hard to achieve, but still,
dpsing the boss for like 5-10 minutes without a single rogue in a party is lil bit boring.

Cheers and happy farming! :-)

I totally disagree with you.

You state tanks dont do much damage. lol. I think you over looked some things. Take a look at the following link pls.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?375935-Warrior-stats-with-legendary-level-61-gear
I won't go to in depth with what other classes can offer, but below are a few of my favs to see in a party:

Tanks do a lot for a party to name a few of their skills: axe throw, (reduceds armor, feebles, and has a 25% chance to stun) HR (heals party) SM, (smashes with dmg and has a change to stun) CS, ( interrupts enimies wind ups, feebles, and can disorient) Also with a tanks skills they keep (I'm sure you know this) the aggro allowing the mages and rogues do their job.

As far as mages in the new maps, they are needed. Their FB (charged stuns) clock (snares, roots, d.o.t.) & ice (another amazing d.o.t. skill that freezes baddies for up to 7 secs dealing dmg) rock.

4 rogues is boring.

ThaAnas
10-13-2016, 03:54 PM
I cant confirm your statement...
Warriors are fastest in killing mobs so far...
mage good at both
and rouges deal highest dmg of course.. make a party and go in there...

if you want a warrior dealing dmg like a rogue then pls look for another game

chorba69
10-13-2016, 05:04 PM
I can agree with all ur statements.
I've done just 5-6 runs and since it took us (random party) like 5 mins to take the boss down,
and since there were no rogues in the party, I was like "oh god, rogues are gonna shine in this dungeon".

It was just a quick discussion post how I have experienced it and check maybe how others are doing it.
I know, each class has its benefits. It was just the first thing I though of, that the rogues are gonna be the pros in the map.
Didnt mean to say other two classes are not needed, but I just thought, mages and warriors are gonna be under the rogues power.

But yeah, thanks for the inputs. It might help me, and even other players how the things are going in the mausoleum.

Lolifee
10-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Dude your completly right. i just had to fight this funny mass boss for like 45 min with 3 tanks and 1 rog. we didnt get him down at all, his heal was way to strong.
in the end we gave up. korruption doesnt work on him so we had no chance. i dunno if this is intended or not but i hope not.

Ucamaeben
10-13-2016, 06:23 PM
I totally disagree with you.

You state tanks dont do much damage. lol. I think you over looked some things. Take a look at the following link pls.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?375935-Warrior-stats-with-legendary-level-61-gear
I won't go to in depth with what other classes can offer, but below are a few of my favs to see in a party:

Tanks do a lot for a party to name a few of their skills: axe throw, (reduceds armor, feebles, and has a 25% chance to stun) HR (heals party) SM, (smashes with dmg and has a change to stun) CS, ( interrupts enimies wind ups, feebles, and can disorient) Also with a tanks skills they keep (I'm sure you know this) the aggro allowing the mages and rogues do their job.

As far as mages in the new maps, they are needed. Their FB (charged stuns) clock (snares, roots, d.o.t.) & ice (another amazing d.o.t. skill that freezes baddies for up to 7 secs dealing dmg) rock.

4 rogues is boring.

Well said! Warriors need some love too!

Alwarez
10-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Bro, you're probably stuck in tindirin expansion. Rouge is not king anymore. This new map just has beefy HP boss. Rouge has damage but to clear mobs you need crowd control.

Fsuryo
10-13-2016, 08:28 PM
Dude your completly right. i just had to fight this funny mass boss for like 45 min with 3 tanks and 1 rog. we didnt get him down at all, his heal was way to strong.
in the end we gave up. korruption doesnt work on him so we had no chance. i dunno if this is intended or not but i hope not.
I bet you play random. Just make a party with your guildies, try to get various of class, with 2 mage/rog/war, the combination of damage output (mage/rogue) and heal cycle (war) must be usefull.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

mage blood
10-14-2016, 02:33 AM
I haven't run the area much and when I did it was with a rogue and a warrior. I think mages are definitely crucial to control the waves of mobs in the claustrophobic, crowded corridor. And I think having a mage to control Umbral Mass spawns like what we did with Taurus vines in Planar Tomb 3 might be a good idea, freeing up rogues to focus on boss

That is so smart of your statement. Indeed , true that for all of us running in somberholt and masoleum maps. :encouragement: :encouragement: