PDA

View Full Version : Stat-driven skill conversion

WILDEST
06-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Anyone have a clue what Stat-driven skill conversion is/means??

Royce
06-25-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm hoping they are talking about having the strength of skills powered by stats that make sense. For example, currently a paladin which should logically be a less powerfull magic user than an Int based mage, actually has more powerful skills because your damage and crit are the most important factors (so Str and Dex control mage skill effectiveness). It would make far more sense if the strength of these skills was determined by Int.

Honestly though with the "conversion" part it almost sounds like they are talking about having skill sets convert to other ones when you "hybridize".

Furrawn
06-25-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm hoping they are talking about having the strength of skills powered by stats that make sense. For example, currently a paladin which should logically be a less powerfull magic user than an Int based mage, actually has more powerful skills because your damage and crit are the most important factors (so Str and Dex control mage skill effectiveness). It would make far more sense if the strength of these skills was determined by Int.

Honestly though with the "conversion" part it almost sounds like they are talking about having skill sets convert to other ones when you "hybridize".

I was thinking the same thing as ur first paragraph... I add to my strength only as much as I need to have the highest lvl weapons in a campaign- the rest I sink into intelligence so my magic skills function decently...

As for the second paragraph & the conversion bit- I hope skills don't convert... I'd be an unhappy paladin for sure.

Royce
06-25-2010, 07:17 PM
As for the second paragraph & the conversion bit- I hope skills don't convert... I'd be an unhappy paladin for sure.

Yeah I agree and I don't think they'd do that but the conversion part is a bit confusing. Perhaps they simply mean in the sense that skills will be converted to being based on stats.