PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunting... After other players?

Blakout
09-23-2011, 07:54 AM
So the other day I was doing a bounty from the bounty terminal and I was thinking maybe in later updates we could have a system sorta the trading system. Except someone asks if u can beat sum1 in a pvp 1v1 game and u accept the bounty. then u have to challenge them to a pvp game and beat them. then u go back to the person and they put in for example, 300c for beating a lvl 21 guy or whatever. But u cant challenge lvl 3s if ur a lvl 29 its like playing basketball: Kobe Bryant vs toddler. unfair. This is just an idea and i would really like it to be inplemented into the game.

Fac3bon3s
09-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Interesting idea. To add to it. Maybe it would have like a hide and seek element to it. A player puts up a bounty on themselves. And if some one accepts the bounty they then need to find them in game and challenge them. This would move them to a 1vs1 arena. Once a player is beaten, the player who won now has a bounty on their head. They can choose to accept the bounty or reject it if they are not planning on being online for a long enough amount of time.

Blakout
09-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Thats a GREAT idea!

Cahaun
09-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I keep mentioning this idea whenever possible. If we could kill the person in town it would be perfect. Just think of this : noob low levels trying to kill a level 31 with full custom set pieces. THAT would be entertaining.

Fac3bon3s
09-24-2011, 09:16 AM
I was thinking it would be more chapter based. Depending on what level you are and what level a player is who has created the bounty.

So for example levels 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-31 can hunt each other.

Another thing I thought of to make it easier would be if the person with a bounty on their head had a different icon beside their name where the guild icon normally would be.

bronislav84
09-24-2011, 09:17 AM
This has been suggested before, I think by Cah? That other idea was better, since it doesn't require an actual PVP match and doesn't cause any death counts.

Silentarrow
09-24-2011, 09:19 AM
This has been suggested before, I think by Cah? That other idea was better, since it doesn't require an actual PVP match and doesn't cause any death counts.

Yes, I suggested it :D.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?35325-Daily-Bounties-And-Bounties-for-other-Players!

I think it shouldn't require an arena, the player can be killed any where, any time!

Fac3bon3s
09-24-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't think the bounty would require any death count. The 1vs1 would end when a player reached 1 health point. Like a dual in WoW. And it would only be a 1vs1 arena which I think is do able. It could even be in town like the guild hall.

Cahaun
09-24-2011, 08:45 PM

Yes, I suggested it :D.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?35325-Daily-Bounties-And-Bounties-for-other-Players!

I think it shouldn't require an arena, the player can be killed any where, any time!
I did mention it somewhere :p. Killing anywhere anytime is better than an arena I think. It will make towns more interesting.

Fac3bon3s
09-25-2011, 07:45 AM
I did mention it somewhere :p. Killing anywhere anytime is better than an arena I think. It will make towns more interesting.

There is a problem with being able to kill in towns.

First - If you can only kill in towns it would limit the amount of time people would spend gaining xp and exploring levels.

Second - People are already complaining about lag in towns. If we have 20 different people trying to kill some one in town just imagine how much worse it would get. Especially if there is more than one person in a single town with a bounty on their head.

Third - There is not a single other mmorpg where you can attack people in town. Even in WoW you have to go to outskirts of cities to dual or in the sewers. They do this because it would cause to much clutter.

So my idea differentiates in that sense. Towns are already interesting enough with random people adding you for no reason and new players asking for money and items like it's going out of style.

ooommmggg
09-25-2011, 07:50 AM
i think if u were going to do this if u died, it shouldn't count as a death.

Fac3bon3s
09-25-2011, 08:07 AM

This has already been mentioned and noted. Thank you though.

Matutd
09-25-2011, 08:21 AM
I think there should be a separate list for bounty hunting kills and deaths

Silentarrow
09-25-2011, 10:53 AM
I think there should be a separate list for bounty hunting kills and deaths

Exactly!

CanonicalKoi
09-25-2011, 01:08 PM
I like the PvP arena idea a lot more. Think about it....you've been trying to find the Ticker for the last week, finally have it show and juuuuuust about the time you're finally going to kill it, somebody decides it'd be a good idea to shoot you. Or doing Guardian and someone takes out the sole Commando (who has aggro) or the only Engineer in the group. :/

Blakout
09-25-2011, 02:05 PM
yeh maybe if u find the person and u walk over/thru them and ur hunting them then it triggers a duel were ur in a small pvp zone thats only like the size of a tier 01 guild hall and u have to kill them. Then there is a seperate list of bounty kills and deaths. Then on the leaderboards it says: Bounty Kills: Levels 1-5 and 6-10 and so on and so forth until the level cap. This way it will be fair. So sum1 could be the best bounty hunter in the 1-5. then when they get too 6 the start all over.

bronislav84
09-25-2011, 02:06 PM

There is a problem with being able to kill in towns.

First - If you can only kill in towns it would limit the amount of time people would spend gaining xp and exploring levels.

Second - People are already complaining about lag in towns. If we have 20 different people trying to kill some one in town just imagine how much worse it would get. Especially if there is more than one person in a single town with a bounty on their head.

Third - There is not a single other mmorpg where you can attack people in town. Even in WoW you have to go to outskirts of cities to dual or in the sewers. They do this because it would cause to much clutter.

So my idea differentiates in that sense. Towns are already interesting enough with random people adding you for no reason and new players asking for money and items like it's going out of style.The other idea was about a client side animation. As in, the only person who would see the animation of death is the person doing it. The other person who got fake killed would just see the notice of being killed. No lag, no deaths, no XP, just fun(ny) stuff.

Fac3bon3s
09-25-2011, 05:14 PM
The other idea was about a client side animation. As in, the only person who would see the animation of death is the person doing it. The other person who got fake killed would just see the notice of being killed. No lag, no deaths, no XP, just fun(ny) stuff.

Either way I think we are on to something here. Tell you friends and hide your mothers and daughters.

I like the PvP arena idea a lot more. Think about it....you've been trying to find the Ticker for the last week, finally have it show and juuuuuust about the time you're finally going to kill it, somebody decides it'd be a good idea to shoot you. Or doing Guardian and someone takes out the sole Commando (who has aggro) or the only Engineer in the group. :/

This is pretty much why I was pushing for a separate PvP area. Only I did not word as well as you did.

Silentarrow
09-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Either way I think we are on to something here. Tell you friends and hide your mothers and daughters.
This is pretty much why I was pushing for a separate PvP area. Only I did not word as well as you did.

I am against a bounty hunting arena. To resolve what Canonoi said, make it so you can only kill players who are out of combat.

This is a little bounty sheet I made up :).

Target: Silent
Level: 30
Class: Operative
Last Sighted: Numa Prime ____*Note exact level won't be shown.
Value of Kill: 10,000 Credits
Fail Fee: 1,000 Credits
Online: Yes
Contract Time left: 5 Days

Blakout
09-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Well silent fighting in pve levels isnt a good idea in my opinion. Like canonical said, imagine ur about to kill the guardian and u have a bounty on your head and then suddenly u get killed by the person and the guardian regenerates hp when he had like 1. This can easily be resolved by putting an "OPEN BOUNTY" meaning that someone can put a bounty on your head. If it says "CLOSED BOUNTY" or something like that then no1 can put a bounty on your head. So you can put Closed bounty when you are grinding or going after the miner dude in delta 7 so u wont die and then u can put open bounty on and then you are available to be put a bounty on. Also it can be like the friend system. Someone can send you a request for a bounty on your head and if you accept you get the fail fee like silent suggested and then it motivates you to try and not get found. Again I really hope that they impiment pvp bounty hunting into SL. That would perfect the game.

Fac3bon3s
09-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Well silent fighting in pve levels isnt a good idea in my opinion. Like canonical said, imagine ur about to kill the guardian and u have a bounty on your head and then suddenly u get killed by the person and the guardian regenerates hp when he had like 1. This can easily be resolved by putting an "OPEN BOUNTY" meaning that someone can put a bounty on your head. If it says "CLOSED BOUNTY" or something like that then no1 can put a bounty on your head. So you can put Closed bounty when you are grinding or going after the miner dude in delta 7 so u wont die and then u can put open bounty on and then you are available to be put a bounty on. Also it can be like the friend system. Someone can send you a request for a bounty on your head and if you accept you get the fail fee like silent suggested and then it motivates you to try and not get found. Again I really hope that they impiment pvp bounty hunting into SL. That would perfect the game.

That's what I thought Canon had said as well. But to bring this slightly back to the beginning, the idea was to make better use of the Bounty Terminal in town. A player would have to make a deposit at the bounty terminal to create a bounty on themselves. It could for any amount. It could even be an item. If they chose to take the bounty off they could close it like a sale on auction. And if a player manages to fill the bounty they could come to the terminal to pick up the reward.

I think similarly to your idea if some one had a bounty on them and some one wanted to claim the bounty, an indicator would pop up at top right of the screen. Then once a level was finished or the player thought it was a good time to accept the challenge he could click the request. Have a 5 mins cool down on the request so that if your at the beginning a level you have time to finish. And also by making the cool down five minutes it holds your spot for the challenge. It would be quite annoying to see a bounty player first and then have some one show up at final kill and steal your spot.

Blakout
09-26-2011, 07:50 AM
I think you have it perfected right here fac3.

Eyesharp
09-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Yes yes yes!!!!!I can now set a bounty against Samhayne!Lol this would be great and it would bring up a new leader board:Bountys collected,Bountys failed,Bountys quit!

Silentarrow
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Yes yes yes!!!!!I can now set a bounty against Samhayne!Lol this would be great and it would bring up a new leader board:Bountys collected,Bountys failed,Bountys quit!

I can't imagine the price on devs heads!

USMarinex
10-25-2011, 11:42 PM
This could definitely be a nice addition to the pvp system.

USMarinex
10-25-2011, 11:44 PM
To add on to what I said before you can add this idea to yours- make it so you can do 3v3 and 5v5 but for guilds this will make or some nice competition to the game and keep it interesting!