PDA

View Full Version : about initial movement of some mobs

extrapayah
10-22-2016, 01:51 AM
hello,

i noticed that after the halloween update, there are many mobs that were usually stand still initially in a map, now move randomly and frantically at a very wide range of area. e.g. mobs at the start of elite rockhorn, minibosses in km3
for me it's an unexpected and bad changes, since i can't pull mobs the way i usually did, and worse thing is, i have to rely on luck to do a time efficient pulls, hoping that no mobs walking too far away from the pulling point,

are these changes intended?

thanks

extrapayah
10-22-2016, 02:48 PM
any comments from other players or devs maybe?

i know that these patrolling movement is very normal in older map, but i've already accepted that already.
but these changes are new, and relying on luck for an effective pulls on maps that i normally grind has made me frustrated already, both as a farmer and a newbie timed record runner.
now, not only drop rate is decided by luck, but runs' efficiency too...

if it's intended, please reconsider again...

thanks

resurrected
10-22-2016, 03:15 PM
When i was pulling mobs today in normal underhul map3, 3 mobs ran away from kill point. It never happened before. Is that what you talk about?

extrapayah
10-22-2016, 05:09 PM
When i was pulling mobs today in normal underhul map3, 3 mobs ran away from kill point. It never happened before. Is that what you talk about?

probably happened to other maps, aside from what i've mentioned, but yes, more or less like that. before the update, many mobs stand still, and many groups can be pulled just by attacking one of the group, but now, each groups are scattered randomly that needs us to aggro one by one in the worst case

Zaocajede
10-22-2016, 05:24 PM
The pulls in kt4 are different as well. I now have to run much farther into each room to get the room to pull.

I figured it might have to do with tombs not giving experience at 61

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrapayah
10-22-2016, 07:03 PM
The pulls in kt4 are different as well. I now have to run much farther into each room to get the room to pull.

I figured it might have to do with tombs not giving experience at 61

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i see, many maps changed... i only felt the change on km3 and elite rockhorn right after halloween event update though, since those two are the maps i'm usually running... so pretty sure it's not because not giving xp anymore

Faliziaga
10-23-2016, 03:37 AM
Basically, if this is not a bug but intended like the gold nerf, I don't get why we are not getting informed in update notes.

extrapayah
10-23-2016, 03:54 PM
i also noticed that not only state of mobs is randomized (between patrolling/standing), but some of the mobs also have random initial placement, which means they will have different maximum leash range, absolute to map's coordinate, which make kill point have to be adaptive against this randomness... exactly like resurrected's case above.

Basically, if this is not a bug but intended like the gold nerf, I don't get why we are not getting informed in update notes.
yes, true.

not getting informed is also what makes me think that this is unintended/bug, and other thing is there are some maps that aren't applied with this randomness, e.g. mobs in elite gnomish ruins, planar tombs 1 2 3, etc. they have fixed mobs position and state, no matter how many times i remap, how many times i reset

extrapayah
10-25-2016, 10:54 AM
any comments from devs/other players about this recently added randomization?

resurrected
10-25-2016, 11:16 AM
Damn it really getting annoying while pulling in Underhul 3... I hope devs fix it as fast as possible. Some Mobs running back even few meters from place they stand :/

extrapayah
10-27-2016, 03:04 PM
still no fix in underhul and tindirin...