PDA

View Full Version : This is the reason I don't play star legends... Dislike new pocket legends layout.

Appleisaac
09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
I really don't like the new layout for chatting... It's clumsy and takes up too much important room on the screen. It was much better before... Comment if u agree/disagree... I really want it changed back!

Growwle
09-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Like everything, but the placement of the quest checkbox, it is too close to the virtual joystick on Android.

Appleisaac
09-23-2011, 03:07 PM
This is probably only a huge problem for iPad users like me... It was soooo much better before for iPad!

Samhayne
09-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Much of the User Interface revisions come as a result of new user testing. We're trying to make the game more intuitive for new users (and better for everyone overall). We know that change is scary, but progress is paved with change. if you have specific feedback (like Growwle's comment above) we welcome you to post in the Feedback forum.

Irulelol
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Much of the User Interface revisions come as a result of new user testing. We're trying to make the game more intuitive for new users (and better for everyone overall). We know that change is scary, but progress is paved with change. if you have specific feedback (like Growwle's comment above) we welcome you to post in the Feedback forum.
How bout give us the option wether to use the new or old layout?

Samhayne
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM

Sorry, it didn't happen that way.

bronislav84
09-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I posted constructive feedback on the new layout and got zero Dev replies. Sam would you please take a look in the SL Suggestions? Since PL has the same layout this is related.

Aratreoybae
09-23-2011, 04:08 PM
New update is very nice in general but I hate the new layout of user screen hate it!!! I think this is a major bad impact on the game this layout Is horrible!!! Please change back! Iam worried new users won't play the game because of this new layout. Please don't ruin the best game on mobile devices!!!

mugen
09-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Idk but i like that both games are the same UI wise. It was a bit weird switching between the 2 but now once we get used to it I think it will be fine.
Just give it a little time guys I'm sure you will feel the same.
An a for new ppl not going to like it, they never knew the old setup so you can't say they won't play the game because of it.
Just my .02$ lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronislav84
09-23-2011, 04:26 PM
It's just too easy to miss the quick chat now and the regular chat takes too long to get to, when the thumbs on non-pad touch devices rest comfortably on the left and right. Not thumb friendly at all.

McBain
09-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Like everything, but the placement of the quest checkbox, it is too close to the virtual joystick on Android.

+ 1 for this. This is the reason why I disabled the emote button when it was in this location as soon as I figured out I could do so. I was always accidentally hitting it, often at the worst possible time. If this quest box is an absolute necessity for whatever reason, looking at the screen now I can easily spot other locations that make more sense to me than right on top of the joystick: upper left below the health bar/options button, upper right above the skills menu, or anywhere along the bottom of the screen since that area has been cleared out. Otherwise, I think it's fair to at least have an option to hide it like you could with the emote menu.

The chat is good for me. As long as you don't lose the ability to expand and shrink the chat window to multiple sizes (like what happened in SL briefly), I'm happy with the chat. In fact, it works much smoother for me now that there aren't two chat buttons. Even after playing this game for so long, I still never completely got them straight: hitting the quick chat button when I wanted to type something, and vice-versa. Now there's just the quick chat button or tap on the chat window to type. Works for me.

Flickz
09-23-2011, 04:38 PM

Sorry, it didn't happen that way. lmao!!!

CrimsonTalons
09-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Im looking at the responses (BTW I dislike the new layout but am open to change....we dont need the quest button though.) and I just noticed something..

Samhayne

Thanks

Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts7
Blog Entries

Thanked 0 times in 0 posts7.....:distracted:

maybe its just me..

Marrypoppins
09-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Gonna have to agree I hate sl for this exact reason lol it was great before so why change it IMO

YYZ????
09-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Perhaps the best way to deal with the quest button is to allow users to disable/hide in the options menu.

I see how it is beneficial for new users that are questing alot, but the quest log is still where it has always been so it does not need to be readily accessible for those that do not want it.

modredd
09-23-2011, 07:19 PM
This user interface I find very confusing and I do not like.
That little checkbox next of the Movement controls?
I have big hands and I'm always hitting it and opening it.
But as stated above this is the reason why I do not play star legends And I understand your need to simplify But maybe half of the changes instead of everything all at once would've been better?
Also the map is not in a convenient place if you want to see where the enemies are on the board.

Cobraguy
09-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Same for me...i hate the new setup. And u nailed it on the head when you said this is the reason you dont play SL...same for me. The only thing i like is the notifications. Makes it nice to see what i miss if im afk. I play on a 7'' tablet and i still have trouble seeing the health and mana bars. Died 4 times in the sewers because of this. I love the game but i hate the change. If its not broken....

Barrington
09-23-2011, 11:20 PM
just like all the changes on facebook everyones complaining but in 2 weeks everyone will be used to it

superglut2
09-24-2011, 08:24 AM
I love the new UI

Bunnyshoota
09-24-2011, 09:25 AM
I personally dont like new update................makes it actually seem less updated:(

Flickz
09-24-2011, 09:43 AM
just like all the changes on facebook everyones complaining but in 2 weeks everyone will be used to it right

modredd
09-24-2011, 11:05 AM
FB changes a couple of things not the whole interface.Its still blue,posting the same etc....
This was a major overhaul to appeal to whom?
The people I see spending the most money are current players so why would you want to change something in the middle of a new campaign?
I will have to get used to it but change is not a problem for me and I also dont complain because I have nothing better to do.
I think the games should look diffrent beacuase the are. I do not like sci-fi and will not continue playing Starlegends.
I can see all the hard work,time and effort that went into that game but it is not to my liking and that is ok.
I am just surprised that this change more or less makes the interface look the same.
As a customer like when New coke came out to date my self it was awful and no one bought it or clear Pepsi.
Not everyone that has an oppinion is a flaming troll.
That check button that I hit with my big thumb every ten seconds is a pain,Was this a change anyone saw coming?
I will continue to play and enjoy it and it will be the last time I say I dont care for it.
I try to work around what I do not like and make the best of it.
Now if they can make a way to lower prices in the CS I would consider it a trade off,lol
Price cap anyone,lol
Enjoy the game everyone and I hope they do something awesome for Halloween!!!!

Artentreri
09-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I don't mind most of the new layout, the chat box messes with me a lot though. If you guys could just make that one thing switchable I think everybody would be a lot more pleased. Just a thought.

RedRyder
09-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Yea only the chats an issue with me

Heroelite
09-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Im looking at the responses (BTW I dislike the new layout but am open to change....we dont need the quest button though.) and I just noticed something..

Samhayne

Thanks

Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts7
Blog Entries

Thanked 0 times in 0 posts7.....:distracted:

maybe its just me..
I think this is a glitch on forum. Maybe its supposed to say blog entries: 7 instead of that idk

Pakax
09-24-2011, 05:35 PM
same problem on iPhone. really annoying

Rosybuds
02-06-2012, 04:06 PM
When the new Lay Out I moaned like Hell on Face Book this is rubbish on my IPod Touch Please Change it Back Moan Moan Moan Lmao then when I got my IPad2 it was Like this is rubbish you keep hitting your potions Bla Bla But It was Just Change and Once the Dev's Ironed out the Tweaks and I got Used to Change, I was What The Hell have I been Moaning so much about I'm Used to it Now Not saying I Dont Like the Old way, But As I Said Now I'm Used to It I Have to say I don't Have a Problem with It at All, I Think These Guys know what they Are Doing we just don't like Change But when We Get Used to it we end up see-ing They Where Right All Along :-)))) ( Apart from my Kills) LMAO ...xx🌹🌹

Appleisaac
02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
not trying to be a forum police but this thread is kinda old :) always check the date of last post if your about to add something to a long dead thread ;)