PDA

View Full Version : Ok i got a few questions about the next few updates devs pplpz reply

tjornan
06-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Ok auction houses. Will the bidding stop when the seller wants to? or is it a set time? if its set, then does the seller get to refuse it if he doesnt want to? And the skill conversion thingy... can u elaborate more devs? is this meant to balance pvp?

Banned
06-25-2010, 10:21 PM
I can answer your conversion question.

It's going to basically give more power to pures. Skill wise of course. It'll increase the effectiveness of skills depending on how many points you have invested in the corresponding attribute.

So it's essentially the first step in creating balance when it comes to PvP. Well, the first big step. There's obviously much more to improve on.

bmc85uk
06-26-2010, 12:46 AM
I was thinking the auction house would be more like an ingame search engine where you looked for items that people had placed up, but all as a 'buy it now' style.

KingFu
06-26-2010, 01:15 AM
I have also been wondering these things. Also, what is player housing? I may sound like a noob for asking this, lol, but I never found a definition of it. Thanks.

Interim7
06-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Possibly akin to some more recent MMOs, like Runes of Magic, where each player gets his own crib to deck out and invite the boiz over to for some madd jam sessions.

TrogZ
06-26-2010, 06:46 AM
I can answer your conversion question.

It's going to basically give more power to pures. Skill wise of course. It'll increase the effectiveness of skills depending on how many points you have invested in the corresponding attribute.

So it's essentially the first step in creating balance when it comes to PvP. Well, the first big step. There's obviously much more to improve on.

Precisely, pure dex birds should be the biggest DPSers in the game. However this is currently not the case. The skills being effected by stats will balance out the classes. People with hybrids shouldnt be worried im sure the devs have plans for you.

Royce
06-26-2010, 07:32 AM
I was thinking the auction house would be more like an ingame search engine where you looked for items that people had placed up, but all as a 'buy it now' style.

But then why call it an auction hous? Selling for a fixed price is not auctioning.

Possibly akin to some more recent MMOs, like Runes of Magic, where each player gets his own crib to deck out and invite the boiz over to for some madd jam sessions.

I hope so, and when I asked Justg in chat he said this might be possible, but I think their primary focus with player housing is guild houses where guild members can hang out together. I really want my own pad though, with my mamboza's voodoo coffee table.

bmc85uk
06-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Good point Royce, but I for one have no interest in waiting for an auction to end, on eBay maybe, but in a game already leaning towered a casual pick up and play kind of style? Hell no.

Royce
06-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Good point Royce, but I for one have no interest in waiting for an auction to end, on eBay maybe, but in a game already leaning towered a casual pick up and play kind of style? Hell no.

I'm sure whatever they do at first will probably be fairly simple, and it may very well just be a sell hous, but ultimately something like ebay where you could auction, sell, or auction with a "buy it now" price would be awesome.

Furrawn
06-27-2010, 04:20 AM
I'm sure whatever they do at first will probably be fairly simple, and it may very well just be a sell hous, but ultimately something like ebay where you could auction, sell, or auction with a "buy it now" price would be awesome.

This eBay doppelgänger is a great idea. I hope the devs consider it...

Interim7
06-27-2010, 04:52 AM
I hope so, and when I asked Justg in chat he said this might be possible, but I think their primary focus with player housing is guild houses where guild members can hang out together. I really want my own pad though, with my mamboza's voodoo coffee table.

Ah, cool. Gettin' all Guild Wars-y, then. Kinda like personal townes for guilds?

The social aspect will skyrocket, surely.