PDA

View Full Version : Unfair!!!---You knew it was coming!!

Clodoveo
09-23-2011, 04:34 PM
I know people with COP , dedicated their time and elixirs for it ...but what about the the new players or people who didn't have enough time to reach 56 even while using elixirs...they just sit back and watch as they get owned in PVP? +10 armor is LOT!

There should be a way to earn COP now , should be something with VERY HARD difficulties like quests points or collecting or amount of kills or something...so people can get COP. Its not fair that if one decides to keep up with this game for next few years and dedicate lot of money and time to it but always miss that COP...

Founders Helm is totally differently topic so don't bring this into it! psh...

ATLEAST GIVE HALF THE STATS BONUS OR PORTION, JUST FOR THE SHIELD! Makes Lot of sense imo.

Edit- BTW I was 10k away from 56, I was busy at work so planned on getting it on the weekend with elixirs, when they announced the update was coming. I sucked it up at that time thinking hey its goanna be replaced by better helms (COP) but now with the bonus...

Clodoveo
09-23-2011, 04:41 PM
BUT ATLEAST GIVE SOME STATS FOR JUST THE SHIELD...ZZzz...

StompArtist
09-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Nothing unfair about this.

Yvonnel
09-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Ummmmm.... No. Those of us who were there for the 56 cap earned the Crown of Persistence. That is an item that should not be released again.

Ebalere
09-23-2011, 04:46 PM
BUT ATLEAST GIVE SOME STATS FOR JUST THE SHIELD...ZZzz...

Dont pvp people with the set then or ask to take it off, simple.

Gluttony
09-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Ummmmm.... No. Those of us who were there for the 56 cap earned the Crown of Persistence. That is an item that should not be released again.

I'd love to agree with you, but time has proven this isn't always the case. The red antenna were for a Haiku contest, the big luck vanity was for St. Patty's day, big love... The list is growing as time passes, I don't know how STS will respond to this but I know that they will try to make the most people happy at the end of the day and if that means offering more crowns then that may be what they'll do.

StompArtist
09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
I'd love to agree with you, but time has proven this isn't always the case. The red antenna were for a Haiku contest, the big luck vanity was for St. Patty's day, big love... The list is growing as time passes, I don't know how STS will respond to this but I know that they will try to make the most people happy at the end of the day and if that means offering more crowns then that may be what they'll do.

Well in another thread I suggested a rotation and I still think that would be the way to do it. I also think that the "next" crown, if any, should definitely look different... It would make the older player who really made the push to 56 feel like they still have something special and the newer players feel like over time they can reach the same level of "set bonus" awesomeness. lol

drewcapu
09-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Just watch those daily deals.

COP is sure to come out one of these days for 200 plat!

Imacoolbirdd
09-23-2011, 05:02 PM

I hope they dont because i made it to 56 and it took a long time if they just give it out for 20 plat thats not fair i do all the work for that crown and then they sell it.. Not right

Flickz
09-23-2011, 05:03 PM
I dont have the crown, i dont deserve the crown, i shouldnt be able to get the crown for any price. Ever imo.

Ebalere
09-23-2011, 05:07 PM
I hope they dont because i made it to 56 and it took a long time if they just give it out for 20 plat thats not fair i do all the work for that crown and then they sell it.. Not right

Good point, I hope the CoP comes out on deal of the day, and costs about 700 platinum and you don't recieve it for 2 weeks, cuz thats what it cost me, and I did it on time.

Xazic
09-23-2011, 05:20 PM
There is nothing unfair about it... If you were not there for the Cop, just accept it. The Sewers were there for months, n which it is VERY EASY to get a 50 to 56 WITHOUT elixirs. It was for a LONG time. Besides, Elite vanities are different than some event or competition, so not to spill cold water on your plans or hopes, but...

Aikiebo
09-23-2011, 05:26 PM
I want perspective of people in future/newer players and players who were close but failed like me. (Missed by 10k exp) I KNOW FOR FACT most of you who came running to this thread have COP, as your argument suggests. Or people who will lie about not having COP, just to prove a point. I am sure we will see handful of those.

I'm so sorry that you missed it by such a narrow margin. There is not a whole lot I can say to make this seem better.

Since, pvp is the only place that there is competition 'tween players, maybe make it so this set can't be used in pvp unless all involved are wearing. An honorable player wouldn't want an unfair advantage over his opponent anyway.

Just a thought.

Ebalere
09-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Please calm down, this is a videogame forum. Your criticism will be listened to by more people if you arent so offensive.

Edit: Sorry for double post ,the quote confused me lol

I agree please calm down..... GOA's calm the situation not make it larger. But a rotation or a plat purchase....something for new PL players....
im speaking for new members. im new to Pl and im Lv 60...never got the chance to get the helm, but I would like the chance too. but name calling and flaming is not the answer.
Devs have stated they want new players to get stuff too...hence Deal of the Day. We all want items too, we all have the right to collect, new and old players.

When we reach a lv cap its your choice, but younger players with limited plat for elix need the opportunity also. then if incentives are made for them, they will spend cash to reach it.

If SL comes out with such vanity I want everyone to have the chance to get also (No bias, just to be fair). Both games are meant to be casual, and I hope the Devs hear our call to.

I agree ghost, my only issue is I specifically spent plat on elixirs to get the helm. And it cost me roughly 700 plat and two weeks from 55-56.

Just as these people would have got the crown if they knew about a future bonus, I wouldn't have spent 700 plat getting the crown on time if it was just gonna be offered later on as a 75 plat deal of the day.

CrimsonTalons
09-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Personally For a vanity item, I dislike its looks so it doesnt fall either way with me whether I have or don't have it. Since I PvE exclusively I rather prefer to have cool looking strong gear on rather than gaudy-but-tough as nails gear..But thats just my personal preference.

I Always wished the Shadow/death/cyber helms came out in a similiar vanity form (What can I say, I love ninja/samurai-type looks). The closest "cool" vanity I purchased was the lions mask for the bear. That Rocks! Damned be the stats on it...It can finally hide that gaudy overlords helmet of the void...:eagerness:

Is the point of playing this game just to get to level 56 and get that helm? That could then mean you've reached the pinnacle and thus why really need to continue playing further? Its a business here and they of course have the right to add new inventive ways of enticing people to continue onward and upward, no?

Just my worthless 2 cents....

Neffy
09-23-2011, 06:01 PM
There's really nothing unfair about this. It's not like there's a vanity item for every single equipment spot. There's two. Count them. One... Two...

RedRyder
09-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Now I wish I grinded to 56 back then, but no I don't hope to see the crown as a deal of the day. That would be really tacky and wrong, but I don't see STS doing this. The items they brought back for daily deal were never rewards for accomplishing something. So again, I don't see the crowns being available for purchase.

Neffy
09-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Now I wish I grinded to 56 back then, but no I don't hope to see the crown as a deal of the day. That would be really tacky and wrong, but I don't see STS doing this. The items they brought back for daily deal were never rewards for accomplishing something. So again, I don't see the crowns being available for purchase.
I hope you're right.

Ebalere
09-23-2011, 06:13 PM

Well, one could argue the red antennaes were earned and accomplished..

coldwill
09-23-2011, 06:26 PM
The pvp advantage is the real killer. Ultimately 50 health, 10 Armor and 5 Dodge is a huge difference and could easily mean the difference between a win or a loss again and again.

I started playing on July 1st and hit 55 around a week before nuri's came out. I was about 1/3rd through the level to 56. At the present time I am really bummed that there is no opportunity to make up the difference in stats for pvp's sake. I have no desire to buy leetness for vanity's sake but the stats added tip the scales too much.

A few possible solutions: (Hated or revered as they may be.)

1- Sell it as part of the deal of the day for between 20 - 100 platinum.
2- Make it an award for a long grindy difficult quest line. (Think cyber quests)
3- Disable all vanity stat boosts for pvp only, including faces, helms, and shields.

I would think 1 to be most likely based on potential income for sts. 2 seems to be the most fair for all involved parties. 3 seems the least likely because of the income it could potentially lose for sts. Where ever possible I am sure they are encouraging not discouraging plat use. I personally would be fine with any of the three and I am sure there are other good suggestions out there.

arischal
09-23-2011, 06:29 PM

Good point, I hope the CoP comes out on deal of the day, and costs about 700 platinum and you don't recieve it for 2 weeks, cuz thats what it cost me, and I did it on time.

I have two crowns, so I think it should cost 2000 plat, or atleast 1000000 gold it took me for first crown

Ixillicus
09-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Honestly, this sounds like everyone who was up in arms when they introduced the Founders Helm. It gave bonuses and was only given to some of the first players of the game. Since then people have cried that it's not fair. It's life. If you didn't play the game long enough to get something that was here before, then it's too bad. When the next item comes out, you will have the shield and the new item, and will get a different bonus, by the sounds of it. And once you have this, you'll have some new players upset that you have something they couldnt get it because of when they joined.

Aikiebo
09-23-2011, 06:42 PM
The pvp advantage is the real killer. Ultimately 50 health, 10 Armor and 5 Dodge is a huge difference and could easily mean the difference between a win or a loss again and again.

I started playing on July 1st and hit 55 around a week before nuri's came out. I was about 1/3rd through the level to 56. At the present time I am really bummed that there is no opportunity to make up the difference in stats for pvp's sake. I have no desire to buy leetness for vanity's sake but the stats added tip the scales too much.

2- Make it an award for a long grindy difficult quest line. (Think cyber quests)
3- Disable all vanity stat boosts for pvp only, including faces, helms, and shields.

I would think 1 to be most likely based on potential income for sts. 2 seems to be the most fair for all involved parties. 3 seems the least likely because of the income it could potentially lose for sts. Where ever possible I am sure they are encouraging not discouraging plat use. I personally would be fine with any of the three and I am sure there are other good suggestions out there.

A lot of good ideas. Wondeing, why would they need to disable all vanity items? Anything that is available to all players equally wouldn't have to be disabled. This wouldn't affect sts's income stream and would still allow for the special item for those that earned it.

DJMdivine
09-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Im sorry but what im really seeing here is people saying "what about the new players" and they are the ones who had the time to grind out for CoP but were to lazy to do so themselves and are now calling out to the devs for a last resort chance at grabbing one when they had 7 MONTHS! This post aims towards the people who cry the most. By the way it took me 2! yes 2 whole months! Of on and off playing to achieve this crown cause I was BUSY everyday with school and constantly hanging out with my friends and I still got the crown barely playing with 1.5x elixirs. Now tell me if you didnt work for it at all do you really deserve this crown? Discussion closed.

superrolltop
09-23-2011, 06:47 PM
my big issue with this whole thing is simply that STS decided to change the functionality and status of the CoP. i made a decision not to get it because at the time, it was not a vanity item nor was it involved with a set bonus. it was merely a luxury item that could only be worn in place of another helm that would cause one to lose a set bonus. that is a completely different item...

now that it is no longer available, its status and functionality has been changed. perhaps if STS had told us this was the plan, or otherwise made it known (since they abandoned the roadmap) that a change was coming to the CoP, then i absolutely would have done the grind to get it. this is just yet another in the long list of colossal blunders the braintrust at STS has committed. giving away special items for being in the right place at the right time is one thing, but this is not equivalent. this is on a whole other level....changing the use of the CoP AFTER its no longer available is unfair and unprecedented.

i agree that providing a quest to obtain it that requires a similar time investment would work. something needs to be done for those who either chose or never had the chance to get it. this is unacceptable and yet another reason to never buy plat again. excluding large numbers of players from items they may want will only serve to anger many and drive away players when they realize just how badly they got screwed. by no means should the CoP be available thru plat purchase, but you cant change the rules in the middle of the game without advanced notice. thats simply bad business....and this is really bad for business.

this has absolutely nothing to do about laziness....(funny those saying it is are those with crowns), its about changing the item status. i dont care how long it took any of you non-lazy players.....some of us lives outside of living with our parents, playing on their phones on their dime in between doing homework and mowing the lawn. if you think laziness is the reason some of us are upset, do yourself a favor and just shut it. get a clue children....we've been had and misled about where this game was heading. this set bonus idea was a suggestion made by players who had or were going for the crown. however, as i said, if it was eluded to that the CoP was going to be more than simply a regular helm, many more people would have done the grind.

Kraze
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM

I have the answer! Once you hit elite cap if you dont have the prior vanity you get a quest to grind out for it before next level cap at prior requirement. Therefore If you dob have a cop once you hit 61 you would have to rack up 85k worth of xp to get a cop and then pay 5 plat. I did it in 6 days with no elixirs...good luck

CrimsonTider
09-23-2011, 07:03 PM

+1

For whatever reason, people decided to not persue a COP. Those individuals can't say it is unfair now. I joined PL in late Nov, 2010. I cannot, and will not, ask for items which were released before I joined. I missed out and that's that.

And... the COP was not free for those of us who earned one. Why should they be free now?

EDIT: And another thing...

What about those who only got one COP, I guess they should be allowed the other two, right? I have 4 COP's. Next, someone is gonna say they deserve four because its not fair that I do. Common sense people. We live more and more in a world of "what can you do for me" and not "what I can I do for you."

Can we let it die please?

Aikiebo
09-23-2011, 07:08 PM
my big issue with this whole thing is simply that STS decided to change the functionality and status of the CoP. i made a decision not to get it because at the time, it was not a vanity item nor was it involved with a set bonus. it was merely a luxury item that could only be worn in place of another helm that would cause one to lose a set bonus. that is a completely different item...

now that it is no longer available, its status and functionality has been changed. perhaps if STS had told us this was the plan, or otherwise made it known (since they abandoned the roadmap) that a change was coming to the CoP, then i absolutely would have done the grind to get it.

i agree that providing a quest to obtain it that requires a similar time investment

by no means should the CoP be available thru plat purchase, but you cant change the rules in the middle of the game without advanced notice. thats simply bad business....and this is really bad for business.

this has absolutely nothing to do about laziness...

however, as i said, if it was eluded to that the CoP was going to be more than simply a regular helm, many more people would have done the grind.

You have made several points that I didn't think about. I agree with what I quoted.

I agree, no way should it be avaiable for plat purchase. That would add insult to injury.

And yeah, it has nothing to do with laziness. The people who are saying this are being petty and rude.

Xazic
09-23-2011, 07:09 PM
I have the answer! Once you hit elite cap if you dont have the prior vanity you get a quest to grind out for it before next level cap at prior requirement. Therefore If you dob have a cop once you hit 61 you would have to rack up 85k worth of xp to get a cop and then pay 5 plat. I did it in 6 days with no elixirs...good luck

6 days and no elixir?!? O_O wow must have played 24/6

The STS has already made IT CLEAR that they ARE NOT going to make it available... Wait for L66 cap and there might be a new vanity helm ;)

YYZ????
09-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Correct me if i am wrong. The items from the past that have been re-released were either plat purchase items or give-aways from the dev team. I do not think they have re-released any vanity items that were part of a quest. i.e. Snowman helm, reindeer antlers etc..

If this proves to be the case the COP may noty get released for plat, but... it may be re-issued for the next "Hardcore" cap 66?

WhoIsThis
09-23-2011, 07:11 PM
What I find interesting is that so far, no players that joined after the Nuri's release have commented. Given that it was only released a few weeks ago, probably the vast majority of players that joined in late August/early September aren't even in end game PvP.

So far, what I do see are players who were simply refused to make the 56 grind complaining.

Aikiebo
09-23-2011, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=coldwill;425221]
I have the answer! Once you hit elite cap if you dont have the prior vanity you get a quest to grind out for it before next level cap at prior requirement.

Therefore If you dob have a cop once you hit 61 you would have to rack up 85k worth of xp to get a cop and then pay 5 plat. I did it in 6 days with no elixirs...good luck

Wow. good job!!

Gluttony
09-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Correct me if i am wrong. The items from the past that have been re-released were either plat purchase items or give-aways from the dev team. I do not think they have re-released any vanity items that were part of a quest. i.e. Snowman helm, reindeer antlers etc..

If this proves to be the case the COP may noty get released for plat, but... it may be re-issued for the next "Hardcore" cap 66?

You're correct, however the dingy crown wasn't part of any quest. All you had to do to gain access to that was hit the cap at 56; it can be turned into a vanity crown so if STS were to release that for plat...

Ixillicus
09-23-2011, 07:14 PM
now that it is no longer available, its status and functionality has been changed. perhaps if STS had told us this was the plan, or otherwise made it known (since they abandoned the roadmap) that a change was coming to the CoP, then i absolutely would have done the grind to get it.

Perhaps this shows you that the item was for the truly hardcore players. they didn't need the incentive of some magical set bonus. now because they are more hardcore than you, get they privilege of one.

CrimsonTider
09-23-2011, 07:20 PM
6 days and no elixir?!? O_O wow must have played 24/6

The STS has already made IT CLEAR that they ARE NOT going to make it available... Wait for L66 cap and there might be a new vanity helm ;)

Kraze is BEAST! LOL

True but they have sold the red antennae which were part of a contest only.

mike1298
09-23-2011, 07:26 PM
I know I'm done with pvp now.. shouldn't have unfair advantages like that in pvp.

coldwill
09-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Edit

JaytB
09-23-2011, 07:30 PM
I understand how people feel it's an unfair advantage, I mean we've been there with the founders helm before already. I can only speak for myself, and honestly, I feel happy that the endless grinding to get to 56 is finally paying off. People were complaining about the crown, and how it wasn't enough given the effort. Now we get something more, and other people start to complain. I guess there's no way to keep everyone happy. The founders helm is here to stay, so why wouldn't this be?

Clodoveo
09-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Majority of posts in this thread are people who have COP trying to make sure COP doesn't come out since they feel like they need to be overwhemly recognized/bragging rights for their grind to 56. But people like me grinded to 56 and spent elixirs but just didn't have enough time because I found the game late. SORRY I didn't 24/7 MY GRIND TO 56 AND MISSED IT BY 10K.... I have a full time job as an adult and people to take care of...............

Give the newer players like me a chance to atleast get the COP again, even if it takes a lot of grinding and elixirs..old hags..smh ;p(even if it means the newer COP looks ugly or lesser stats)

AND FOUNDER HELM IS DIFFERENT, it was rewarded for when the game wasn't very popular and just started out, now new people who join and play just as much as the vets , they are willing to pay the price(time and money) to get COP. Thats not possible with founder helm, unless someone has a time machine

TANKKAAR
09-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Having 3 crowns myself IDC what happens really.... IMO whats done is done and people that had the chance to get the COP should have made the extra effort to get it! People that didnt have the chance.... honestly when it comes down to it, LIFE GOES ON :) The Rolling Stones said it best "You cant always get what you want"!

Now, With that said!! I present you with....................

BEST SOLUTION EVER!!!!!
As new players reach levels in which achievements were awarded (ie: 55-56 & 60-61) let them choose wether or not they want to pursue that achievement by requiring them to get the 83k & 103k XP or skip it and continue to level up!! This is great on so many levels because NOT only can they say they earned it and still have a chance for new vanity set bonus. But, it also puts MORE MONEY into STS pockets because i doubt they are going to wanna make these runs from 55 to 56 without plat elixers??

What are your thoughts on this???

mike1298
09-23-2011, 07:36 PM
At least not allow these items in pvp sts. You are making it to unfair for those without this uber set. It's like an extra ring but 100% better then a ring.

Patricks
09-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Maybe the best solution would be to make the CoP tradable? That way if you really want one, you can get one. This way the part of the community that earned the crown can set it's value themselves (for example: someone might feel their grinding to 56 was worth 10mil gold and thus can sell it in cs for 10mil gold), and the part of the community that didn't earn it can still get their hands on one.

Aikiebo
09-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Having 3 crowns myself IDC what happens really.... IMO whats done is done and people that had the chance to get the COP should have made the extra effort to get it! People that didnt have the chance.... honestly when it comes down to it, LIFE GOES ON :) The Rolling Stones said it best [U]"You cant always get what you want"![/

BEST SOLUTION EVER!!!!!
As new players reach levels in which achievements were awarded (ie: 55-56 & 60-61) let them choose wether or not they want to pursue that achievement by requiring them to get the 83k & 103k XP or skip it and continue to level up!! This is great on so many levels because NOT only can they say they earned it and still have a chance for new vanity set bonus. But, it also puts MORE MONEY into STS pockets because i doubt they are going to wanna make these runs from 55 to 56 without plat elixers??

What are your thoughts on this???

Doesn't it goon to say, that u get what u need? lol haha

I like ur solution.

bronislav84
09-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Not gonna get into the big discussion. Just saying that I do believe it is unfair to those who didn't guess that there would be a set bonus with the shield, or those who join the game after it's implemented.

I didn't bother with 56 because it felt like nothing was really accomplished and the helm didn't go with any sets. Now it becomes a vanity and a shield set bonus is added? It's not like we can read their minds. If I'd of known I would have done the grind.

Some of the solutions have been nice, though.

Don't bother replying to me. I'm just stating my opinion. I don't want to get into the discussion, really.

octavos
09-23-2011, 08:07 PM
We need a devs opinion on This pronto. This is definitely getting out of hand. There wishes. There game and we shall support there ideas.

Kraze
09-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Here is a solution hideout the most popular place to grind to 56 was worth 256 xp so roughly 350 maps. Anyone willing to kill goldfever 350 times and then pay the 5 plat I'd be ok with it

Aikiebo
09-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Here is a solution hideout the most popular place to grind to 56 was worth 256 xp so roughly 350 maps. Anyone willing to kill goldfever 350 times and then pay the 5 plat I'd be ok with it

It wouldnt have to hideout and/or goldfever for any reason. But the same requirments: so yeah the same amount of xp, same plat, same w/e. This way no one should have a problem. The point is not to deny anyone, that would be kinda petty. The point is a reward for an accomplishment. So, this would be a fair way.

JaytB
09-23-2011, 09:21 PM
I agree with what is said here... It would be fair if everybody could get the cop, but it should be obtained with the same effort as it was when the 'originals' got them.

Cytokinesis
09-23-2011, 09:24 PM
It wouldnt have to hideout and/or goldfever for any reason. But the same requirments: so yeah the same amount of xp, same plat, same w/e. This way no one should have a problem. The point is not to deny anyone, that would be kinda petty. The point is a reward for an accomplishment. So, this would be a fair way.
oh ya good idea... a quest where u have to get 88k xp and the reward will be the CoP :)

Charmstrange
09-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Tankkaar's solution is awesome, and I also like the idea of creating a quest that requires a similar degree of persistence to allow players to get the CoP. I always thought that the people who reached 56 before the level update should have gotten something to increase their character's stats more than the CoP actually gave. In that way, I am pleased to see people getting a payoff for their hard work.

In this thread I would appreciate a more moderated view on elite characters/players. Here is what I mean: players who leveled characters without plat and didn't reach the cap are probably not less "elite", than others who always use plat elixers and did. I have many friends who locked xp gain for months because they had other goals than leveling up. I personally never reached 56 before the level cap, so I don't believe a CoP is owed to me. I did reach 55 plus about 25k xp on one char, 55 plus about 10k xp on another, and a 52.99 (lol) all without elixers. So my main point is we can all still be friends here, and I don't think it's necessary to cast judgement around based on who reached the level cap; so many awesome players and great people play this game!

If the devs decide that those who recieved the CoP deserve a permanent advantage for the life of PL, I'll just go with it. That being said, I would have great fun if I had an alternate opportunity for persistence :)

pastrychef
09-23-2011, 10:31 PM
I made the grind to 56 before the introduction of platinum elixirs and, believe me, it really was a grind. I'm glad the devs saw fit to reward those who went through with it.

I was bitter about the Founders Helm. I mean they did nothing but stumble upon the game earlier than I did. But I dealt with it. Those who are bitter now will eventually learn to deal with it too.

Ebalere
09-23-2011, 10:34 PM

now that it is no longer available, its status and functionality has been changed. perhaps if STS had told us this was the plan, or otherwise made it known (since they abandoned the roadmap) that a change was coming to the CoP, then i absolutely would have done the grind to get it. this is just yet another in the long list of colossal blunders the braintrust at STS has committed. giving away special items for being in the right place at the right time is one thing, but this is not equivalent. this is on a whole other level....changing the use of the CoP AFTER its no longer available is unfair and unprecedented.

i agree that providing a quest to obtain it that requires a similar time investment would work. something needs to be done for those who either chose or never had the chance to get it. this is unacceptable and yet another reason to never buy plat again. excluding large numbers of players from items they may want will only serve to anger many and drive away players when they realize just how badly they got screwed. by no means should the CoP be available thru plat purchase, but you cant change the rules in the middle of the game without advanced notice. thats simply bad business....and this is really bad for business.

this has absolutely nothing to do about laziness....(funny those saying it is are those with crowns), its about changing the item status. i dont care how long it took any of you non-lazy players.....some of us lives outside of living with our parents, playing on their phones on their dime in between doing homework and mowing the lawn. if you think laziness is the reason some of us are upset, do yourself a favor and just shut it. get a clue children....we've been had and misled about where this game was heading. this set bonus idea was a suggestion made by players who had or were going for the crown. however, as i said, if it was eluded to that the CoP was going to be more than simply a regular helm, many more people would have done the grind.

Well, you were making alot of good points for your arguement, until you called everyone opposing making the crown available again a kid. I'm 25, own my own house, work 6 days a week, keep my gf happy, hang out with friends all the time, and i still got the crown. It wasn't that hard. Took me two weeks total and some plat. Not having time is no excuse, you either wanted it or you didnt right? I'm sure even a busy man such as yourself would have found the time had you known it was going to be a vanity with a bonus.

It's funny tho, because it's been talked about since people started getting these crowns, what will happen come next level cap. A ton of threads have been made with people insisting they turn it into a vanity or make it part of a set. STS did both, as usual, listening to the community. Why weren't you all complaining on those threads ,saying "no STS, don't make them vanity or with a bonus, because I'M GONNA BE REAL MAD IF YOU DO AND I DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO GET IT". I got the crown on a hunch that STS would listen to the hundreds of cries for it to be vanity afterwards. So did many people. I think the people who had 2 months or more had plenty of time. It's the crown of persistance, not the crown of procrastination.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to call the Alberta Lottery Corporation and tell them I wanna buy a ticket for last weeks lotto, now that I know the right numbers. -_-

Gluttony
09-23-2011, 10:35 PM

A decent Idea the only one thing is being overlooked: players that had to grind to 56 had to do so in the sewers as a level 55 while the cap to the campaign was 55 so the enemies were on par with the players and you'd net minimal xp. If a player had the oportunity to choose to gain the CoP now, they would be able to access the higher 55-60 dungeon and get red threat level xp making the grind about 1/2 to 1/3 as difficult as it was initially. So while this idea is good, it can only be genuine if going for the CoP would cause the toon to not be able to enter Nuri's Hallows until level 56 is achieved.

Haowesie
09-23-2011, 11:30 PM
A decent Idea the only one thing is being overlooked: players that had to grind to 56 had to do so in the sewers as a level 55 while the cap to the campaign was 55 so the enemies were on par with the players and you'd net minimal xp. If a player had the oportunity to choose to gain the CoP now, they would be able to access the higher 55-60 dungeon and get red threat level xp making the grind about 1/2 to 1/3 as difficult as it was initially. So while this idea is good, it can only be genuine if going for the CoP would cause the toon to not be able to enter Nuri's Hallows until level 56 is achieved.

This is a good idea, let people who really want the CoP do it in a manner where people doing the campaign have the same difficulty as how a L55 would have experience it -- like an elitist campaign for CoP with appropriate xp to attain.

Or have a different campaign where the award is a slightly different vanity helm but will have the same kind of bonus as CoP as part of the set, that way people who went the mile for CoP can be recognised for their effort.

Or, just live with it... just throwing things out there :)

DJMdivine
09-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Why would the devs have to go through the trouble of remaking crowns for people who had enough time to get it to begin with?

Aikiebo
09-24-2011, 12:06 AM

I thought, and this is a serious question, that once a player hit 55 they could do the long grind to 56 and become "Elite" and also get the crown.

If that is so,, then it would be easy to have players who wanted to go for this to, ONCE THEY HIT 61, grind the extra xp that it took the original 55s to do. So this way, it wouldn't be red threat level. It would be just like it was for the originails. Or, is there somethine else that I"m not aware of.

And the general belief is that Nuri's is more difficult than the sewers so, it would be even a greater, not less of a chanllenge for those doing it now.

THis would need to be done in a way that no one would get extra xp towards level 62 and the next expansion. Just, almost, symbolic xp, for lack of a better way of wording it. There prob is a better way to describe it, I just can't right now, lol.

StompArtist
09-24-2011, 12:24 AM
.... Or they could just leave everything as is and work on mount fang....

How much of an advantage you truly get at lvl61 the bonus is pretty mild if you ask me. I want mount fang a lot more than a few dodge armor and HP! LOL

ocagrevy
09-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Lol not enough time with elixers? I went from 55-56 in one day. and for new players well they have a little while before reaching lvl 61 so prob not much of a issue.

Blind
09-24-2011, 01:16 AM
U guys aren't serious right? Sewers was main campaign for 7 months. U missed out, well good on you. Doesn't mean that u can just get it again. It is a discontinued item. End of discussion.

McBain
09-24-2011, 05:36 AM
I like the idea that the crown/shield are exclusive. I've never reached the level cap, so I don't have either, and I don't think I should be able to buy them. That's assuming, though, that STS plans to ever sell these for play in the future, which nobody knows. No point in getting bent out of shape until that day comes. If it comes.

If you missed out on one, there will be chances to get more level cap items in the future, I'm sure, although it definitely gets tougher from here on out. What is it, 100k exp or something you need now for level 61? The next level cap will surely be even worse. Ugh....I don't need a vanity that bad.

Zeus
09-25-2011, 05:11 PM
In my opinion, the way it is going to go down is this:

People are going to complain; the general need is greater than the protestation. There is also a lot more profit to be made, given STS's business decisions as of late, I'd say it's highly likely that COP will be released again.

In my opinion, I have learned to be fine with it. Why? People bring their whining and complaining here on the forums. To be honest, it has been giving me a headache lately. While I would like the crown not to be released again, I realize that probably won't happen. Complaining is annoying, hence those that complain often get what they want. Just the way it seems to work in businesses. It's not STS's fault, more like the consumer's laziness and then arrogance to admit they were in the wrong as opposed to the business.

RedRyder
09-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Forums are complaint central :p nothings going to change pertaining to the persistence items. Only ones it did, but it was a cosmetic change. What's done is done!

ooommmggg
09-25-2011, 06:09 PM
uhhh sry but what's COP?

JaytB
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
uhhh sry but what's COP?

Crown Of Persistence

RedRyder
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Crown of persistence ^^^

Jeeze jay ninja'd the bejesus out of me

JaytB
09-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Crown of persistence ^^^

Ninja'd :p

protectorofnoobs
09-25-2011, 06:54 PM
well maybe they coulda announced the vanity set thing when the COP was out, maybe?
cuz there was no reason for me to get it and the COP wasnt even part of the sewers sets
which is why THEY SHOULDA ANNOUNCED IT B4

RedRyder
09-25-2011, 06:59 PM
As I said, what's done is done. Nothing can be done about it on our part, just live and let go :)

TitanFusion
09-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Maybe they'll let you get it when you finally GIVE SOMEONE 301K CREDITS FOR THE LAST POST CONTEST!

Wretch
09-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Umm.... I missed founders by a week.... I don't have a single COP..... I'm sure that most likely I will not get the shield..... Am I upset?

NO!!!!!!

Zeus
09-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Umm.... I missed founders by a week.... I don't have a single COP..... I'm sure that most likely I will not get the shield..... Am I upset?

NO!!!!!!
I'm right there with you about the Founder's. I missed mine by a few days as well, sure it hit me hard. But I have learned to live with it. :)

Neffy
09-25-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't think I'll be able to hit 61 (Or is it 60?) in time to get the shield. I'm not too upset; I'd love to have it, but not upset.

Nightarcher
09-25-2011, 08:21 PM
I've always thought that the Elite level items shouldn't give you an advantage with stats or anything, but rather, just a cool item to show off your accomplishments with.

Seeing as you can't wear a Founder's Helm while wearing the set, and the fact that people using it are all at lv61, I don't think the bonus is a huge deal. If anything, it's compensation for the lame shield design. ;)

Wretch
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm right there with you about the Founder's. I missed mine by a few days as well, sure it hit me hard. But I have learned to live with it. :)

It is what it is..... The cards have been dealt ad have landed....

To all others! Take an example here! Please!

Aikiebo
09-25-2011, 10:20 PM
well maybe they coulda announced the vanity set thing when the COP was out, maybe?
cuz there was no reason for me to get it and the COP wasnt even part of the sewers sets
which is why THEY SHOULDA ANNOUNCED IT B4

No one, at least I don't think anyone wants to see the actual crown change in anyway or some sort of re-issue happen. I don't anyways and I don't think anyone else does.

The problem is that the original crown was mainly just to be worn to show everybody your accomplishment. Braggin' rights, so to speak. I always read that you would never wear it to xp cuz it broke up a set. That it was like town gear to show others your accomplisment. Not everyone is interested in an item like that. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just doesn't appeal to everyone.

Then this big change happened after it was too late to get it. No one is complaining about not getting the crown. The problem is many can't get this great bonus cuz the change was made after the fact. If players knew what was gonna happen, tons more would have gotten the xp that was needed to get the crown. It just doesn't seem fair that the change was announced after it was to late to get it.

Some are saying that the players who didn't get it are lazy. That not true. I and tons of others have gotten way more than 83k xp between the time we retired our 55 and the time the expansion came out. 83k xp isn't that much. Especially if on elixirs. One player said he did it in a day. Another said he did it in six days. (I can't remember if the six day guy used elixirs). People just want the chance to earn some kind if item to get the same bonus. Tons of players earned way more than 83k xp after retiring their main. They just did it on alts, lol.

If the change had been announced before the expansion, they yeah, anyone who didn't get it wouldn't really desrve a second chance. But, it was announced too late. We just want a chance to get the bonus.

But, no one wants to minimize the accomplishment that those that did it did. What they did was great. No one saying otherwise.

Moreno Heusser
09-26-2011, 12:02 PM
I would lvld me from 55 to 56 emmediately when i would have nowed befor the update that one can use the Crown of Persistance for a cool Set.
Ill think all who didnt get it should have a nother chance to get it. It shouldn't be esy or cheap but a chance for the new ones and the ones who just didnt get it, becouse it wasn't a Vanity or even a Vanity Set, wouldn't be bad. A lot of ppl would be much more happy!

PS: Pleas give us a chance!

Kraze
09-26-2011, 02:10 PM
As the post the devs put out said the elite levels would continue to get items that would make bonuses unless they add a lot more vanity slots there will be a second chance at a helm someday. The COP in it's original form wasn't that bad actually I used the Int version on my dex bir because it had higher armor than any level 60 Dex helm with dmg and hs boost

Aikiebo
09-26-2011, 03:25 PM
As the post the devs put out said the elite levels would continue to get items that would make bonuses unless they add a lot more vanity slots there will be a second chance at a helm someday. The COP in it's original form wasn't that bad actually I used the Int version on my dex bir because it had higher armor than any level 60 Dex helm with dmg and hs boost

Kraze, is everyone allowed to read that post you mention. Where is it? Thanks

pastrychef
09-26-2011, 04:18 PM
I like that nothing was announced prior to the release of the vanity set bonus and when 56 was still the cap. It show and rewards those who sincerely reached 56 for the sake of reaching 56 and didn't need any special incentive. I appreciate this.

Re-issuing the CoP would take away from this and I don't think it should be done.

Corpser
09-26-2011, 04:55 PM
vanitys sgould not have stats there supposed to make your charecter look good not give him elite bonus that others cant. vanitys make you look unique thats why people get em to give set bonus is just a little bit silly.

Neffy
09-26-2011, 05:38 PM
vanitys sgould not have stats there supposed to make your charecter look good not give him elite bonus that others cant. vanitys make you look unique thats why people get em to give set bonus is just a little bit silly.
If you have to work your butt off, then you should get something a little more than just a fancy crown. Tack some stats on that biznitch.

Aikiebo
09-26-2011, 06:10 PM

Kraze, is everyone allowed to read that post you mention. Where is it? Thanks

Where is this post that Kraze is talking about?

JaytB
09-26-2011, 06:12 PM

I've seen that post too. Your best bet in finding it back is backtracking the messages posted by the devs, or using the search function :)

Aikiebo
09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
I like that nothing was announced prior to the release of the vanity set bonus and when 56 was still the cap. It show and rewards those who sincerely reached 56 for the sake of reaching 56 and didn't need any special incentive. I appreciate this.

Re-issuing the CoP would take away from this and I don't think it should be done.

At this time I am 88k into 60. Exactly how does that make me more precious, special or worthy than the guy who is only level 59?

Or, after I get the 12k, how I am any different than I am right now?

Btw, that 88k like every other 88k that anyone has ever get was not work. It was fun. No one has to "work their butt off" to get 88k or any any amount of k.

If a guy on elixrs can get it in a day, that means anyone could get it in four days.

The devs said, we gonna offer a cop, then they described cop, then they said what a player has to do to get cop, then they said if you want it, you know what to do, come and get it.

The only prob is that after it was too late, they changed what the cop is. That is the prob.

I agree with u, tho when u say cop shouldn't be re-issued. That would be ridic.

This is becoming less and less about bragging rights and being able to run around town with some crown that only few can get and more and more about selfishness and just denying other players.

If you are right, people should have had the "dedication" or "foresight" to get to 56 when the cop was original, I mean if that crown was awesome enough, would you guys be happy if the devs just put it back to the way it was? Hmmm·······this way everyone would be happy. You guys would have the momento. And we would be happy cuz we are not missing out on a chance of having that bonus. One player said he even wore it while xping.

I don't think that should happen. At this point, that would be awful.

This idea that there is something more special about 56 than 55 or 61 than 60 is ridic. The idea that in12k I am going to be more worthy than I am now is ridic.

The idea that the 83k that someone got that brought them to 56 is so much more hardcore than the tons more than 83k that people did on other characters is also ridic. What I am trying to say the goal to get to 56 is not a "better" goal than the goals we had when we choose not to get to 56.

Can someone please tell me where the post is that Kraze mentioned above?

Zeus
09-26-2011, 06:52 PM
At this time I am 88k into 60. Exactly how does that make me more precious, special or worthy than the guy who is only level 59?

Or, after I get the 12k, how I am any different than I am right now?

Btw, that 88k like every other 88k that anyone has ever get was not work. It was fun. No one has to "work their butt off" to get 88k or any any amount of k.

If a guy on elixrs can get it in a day, that means anyone could get it in four days.

The devs said, we gonna offer a cop, then they described cop, then they said what a player has to do to get cop, then they said if you want it, you know what to do, come and get it.

The only prob is that after it was too late, they changed what the cop is. That is the prob.

I agree with u, tho when u say cop shouldn't be re-issued. That would be ridic.

This is becoming less and less about bragging rights and being able to run around town with some crown that only few can get and more and more about selfishness and just denying other players.

If you are right, people should have had the "dedication" or "foresight" to get to 56 when the cop was original, I mean if that crown was awesome enough, would you guys be happy if the devs just put it back to the way it was? Hmmm·······this way everyone would be happy. You guys would have the momento. And we would be happy cuz we are not missing out on a chance of having that bonus. One player said he even wore it while xping.

I don't think that should happen. At this point, that would be awful.

This idea that there is something more special about 56 than 55 or 61 than 60 is ridic. The idea that in12k I am going to be more worthy than I am now is ridic.

The idea that the 83k that someone got that brought them to 56 is so much more hardcore than the tons more than 83k that people did on other characters is also ridic. What I am trying to say the goal to get to 56 is not a "better" goal than the goals we had when we choose not to get to 56.

Can someone please tell me where the post is that Kraze mentioned above?

With all due respect, they did not change what it was. They did drop very "subtle" hints on how there would be a COP set months before it was released. If that wasn't your cue to get one, then I don't know what is. You can't say they didn't warn you because in reality, they did. :/

Aikiebo
09-26-2011, 07:01 PM

I've seen that post too. Your best bet in finding it back is backtracking the messages posted by the devs, or using the search function :)

Thank you for replying. As I have said many, many times I can't use the search feature. Can't someone just tell us? Why try to keep the info private? I'm sure someone knows. If the devs have made a decision public, which is what Kraze seemed to be saying, then I am sure that it would be easy to say the name of the post and the actual board that it was on. Please, don't give a link, as I have also said many times, that I can't open links either. If the devs have actually come out and said this you guys must be estatic and should be thrilled to point people in right direction. What is the prob?

Charmstrange
09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Thank you for replying. As I have said many, many times I can't use the search feature. Can't someone just tell us? Why try to keep the info private? I'm sure someone knows. If the devs have made a decision public, which is what Kraze seemed to be saying, then I am sure that it would be easy to say the name of the post and the actual board that it was on. Please, don't give a link, as I have also said many times, that I can't open links either. If the devs have actually come out and said this you guys must be estatic and should be thrilled to point people in right direction. What is the prob?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37687-1.7.3-Content-Update-(69790)

Charmstrange
09-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Oh sorry. if you can't use the link, just look in the patch notes section. It should be near the top.

Started by asommers‎, 09-23-2011 01:55 PM

Good luck :)

Aikiebo
09-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh sorry. if you can't use the link, just look in the patch notes section. It should be near the top.

Started by asommers‎, 09-23-2011 01:55 PM

Good luck :)

Thank you very much, chile, I appreciate your help a great deal.

Aikiebo
09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
With all due respect, they did not change what it was. They did drop very "subtle" hints on how there would be a COP set months before it was released. If that wasn't your cue to get one, then I don't know what is. You can't say they didn't warn you because in reality, they did. :/

With all due respect, they did change what it was.

Following, Jaytb's suggestions, I read a whole bunch of threads that the devs made in both the "Announcement Boards" and the "In Development Boards".

I read every thread that could of possible had anything to do with the CoP, set bonuses, the expansion, level caps, etc. I opened and read every single one.

How many "subtle hints" do you think I found?

None.

Why would the devs be making "suttle hints" about this but come right out and make anouncements about EVERYTHING else that was involved in this expansion.

They didn't drop "subtle hints" about guilds being implemented, there were whole threads about that. They didn't drop hints about how plat faces gonna have stats. They came right out and announced it, no hinting around.

Btw, I looked at every thread on these two boards going back to January of this year. If there was any chance that cop could be discussed I opened and read every remark made by a dev.

One of these threads, I read every post. All 13 pages of posts. This one was on 6-24-11 the "Music, Magic and Blood" main/primary announcment of the expansion.

Guess what, no subtle hints. In fact, in addition to the main post, there were many, many other posts from devs. Not one subtle hint, not one mention in any way of cop or set bonuses, etc. However, there were 5 or 6 posts from members who said the cop wasn't worth it. And there was not one post from anyone that said the cop was worth it. This is one of the posts I read long time ago, cuz I remember some of the funny things people said.

I also read the following threads in the two boards I mentiond:

1. Edit Circus is here
2. Advancement Curve Changes for level 61
3. PL Guild Overview
4. Custom Faces
5. Poll: Elite Dungeon
6. Update on the timeing of guild functionality

I read every thread I could find that could possible have an announcement or "subtle hint" about the cop or set bonuses. Going clear back to January of this year.

If I missed any please let me know.

Not one announcement. Not one subtle hint.

Zeus
09-26-2011, 08:45 PM

Following, Jaytb's suggestions, I read a whole bunch of threads that the devs made in both the "Announcement Boards" and the "In Development Boards".

I read every thread that could of possible had anything to do with the CoP, set bonuses, the expansion, level caps, etc. I opened and read every single one.

None.

Why would the devs be making "suttle hints" about this but come right out and make anouncements about EVERYTHING else that was involved in this expansion.

They didn't drop "subtle hints" about guilds being implemented, there were whole threads about that. They didn't drop hints about how plat faces gonna have stats. They came right out and announced it, no hinting around.

Btw, I looked at every thread on these two boards going back to January of this year. If there was any chance that cop could be discussed I opened and read every remark made by a dev.

One of these threads, I read every post. All 13 pages of posts. This one was on 6-24-11 the "Music, Magic and Blood" main/primary announcment of the expansion.

Guess what, no subtle hints. In fact, in addition to the main post, there were many, many other posts from devs. Not one subtle hint, not one mention in any way of cop or set bonuses, etc. However, there were 5 or 6 posts from members who said the cop wasn't worth it. And there was not one post from anyone that said the cop was worth it. This is one of the posts I read long time ago, cuz I remember some of the funny things people said.

1. Edit Circus is here
3. PL Guild Overview
4. Custom Faces

I read every thread I could find that could possible have an announcement or "subtle hint" about the cop or set bonuses. Going clear back to January of this year.

Not one announcement. Not one subtle

Did you check the set effect thread? That was the subtle hint. When they changed the set effects for the BS Gear, they also hinted there would be COP sets. It is the main reason why I brought two level 56 characters to 56. :)

Aikiebo
09-26-2011, 09:15 PM

None.

1. Edit Circus is here
3. PL Guild Overview
4. Custom Faces

Not one announcement. Not one subtle

Did you check the set effect thread? That was the subtle hint. When they changed the set effects for the BS Gear, they also hinted there would be COP sets. It is the main reason why I brought two level 56 characters to 56. :)

There is no "set effect" thread in announcements, or in development. I checked clear back to beginning of this year. Nothing with that title or close.

I checked 40 pages of general discussion and the only thing that I could find is JayTb's on 9-23 but that was the day the devs implemented and announced, lwmark's thread on level 6- onyx, crystalling and earthquake sets, Ellyidol's thread with pic of sheild that everyone hated on, lol and then I guess what you taking about, Trueplayer's thread "Best Level 60 Sets". Samhayne did post a comment on this last one (unlike any of the others) but it was a brief comment about being friendly on the forums had nothing to do with cop or set bonuses.

I've never really known devs to give subtle hints. Usually they just come out and say what they want to say.

And subtle hints isn't an anouncement, presentation of facts, or call to action.

You got to admit, that I looked a whole bunch of places. I read every word that the devs said on the subject of the expansion in the very main places they would say it.

All I saw is players who had it saying it wasn;t worth it and no one denying that. And that was on the absolute main expansion announcement.

Don't get me wrong. I am not, repeat, I am not saying it not worth it. Prob was for those who liked it. I am saying that the main ideas that people were saying that it wasn't worth it. That is what players on the forum were reading - othe main, most central thread about the expasion.

Zeus
09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
There is no "set effect" thread in announcements, or in development. I checked clear back to beginning of this year. Nothing with that title or close.

I checked 40 pages of general discussion and the only thing that I could find is JayTb's on 9-23 but that was the day the devs implemented and announced, lwmark's thread on level 6- onyx, crystalling and earthquake sets, Ellyidol's thread with pic of sheild that everyone hated on, lol and then I guess what you taking about, Trueplayer's thread "Best Level 60 Sets". Samhayne did post a comment on this last one (unlike any of the others) but it was a brief comment about being friendly on the forums had nothing to do with cop or set bonuses.

I've never really known devs to give subtle hints. Usually they just come out and say what they want to say.

And subtle hints isn't an anouncement, presentation of facts, or call to action.

You got to admit, that I looked a whole bunch of places. I read every word that the devs said on the subject of the expansion in the very main places they would say it.

All I saw is players who had it saying it wasn;t worth it and no one denying that. And that was on the absolute main expansion announcement.

Don't get me wrong. I am not, repeat, I am not saying it not worth it. Prob was for those who liked it. I am saying that the main ideas that people were saying that it wasn't worth it. That is what players on the forum were reading - othe main, most central thread about the expasion.

Yes, but understand this. I am more than confident there was one place the dev did hint it. I remember because during the BS set craze, if I'm not mistaken. They hinted it. Later on tonight, I'll go back and check the devs post. All of them.

Aikiebo
09-26-2011, 09:20 PM

Chile pointed me in the direction so that I could read the post you were talking about. This is just the official announcement from the other day that has gotten everyone so upset that is basically the reason this thread was started.

I was thinking you meant there was something more recent, sorry.

But according to this we are even worse off, cuz it says the more pieces we collect the better the effect. All people are asking for is a chance.

Zeus
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Chile pointed me in the direction so that I could read the post you were talking about. This is just the official announcement from the other day that has gotten everyone so upset that is basically the reason this thread was started.

I was thinking you meant there was something more recent, sorry.

But according to this we are even worse off, cuz it says the more pieces we collect the better the effect. All people are asking for is a chance.

It does boil down to this however. It was your choice wether you wanted to get to 56 or not. There were rumors about perks, if you wanted to heed them and be on the safe side, people got to 61 (or for the crown). It was their personal choice not to get to 56. This is like the Founder's Helm, it also gives a boost. Trust me though, I fought Alwaysdtf (61), I'm 60 with no COP set. It does not give that big of an advantage if you know what you are doing.

Aikiebo
09-26-2011, 09:24 PM

Yes, but understand this. I am more than confident there was one place the dev did hint it. I remember because during the BS set craze, if I'm not mistaken. They hinted it. Later on tonight, I'll go back and check the devs post. All of them.

Thank you for helping. But, really, you are saying people shouldn't have a second chance, that denying all these people is fair because of a "subtle hint". I mean even if you find it, a subtle hint. Why wasnt it in announcements or in development or in the main threads where they talked a bout the other changes. And why does anyone care who already has it if others get a second chance. That is one of the things I don't get.

pastrychef
09-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Look, Aikiebo, here's an analogy that perhaps you can understand... You had a chance to marry a girl but you chose not to. Now, she's revealed that she's actually a princess and you're complaining to anyone who will listen how unfair she was to not tell you in advance that she was a princess from the get go.

Get over it, man. You missed your shot at it.

Zeus
09-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Look, Aikiebo, here's an analogy that perhaps you can understand... You had a chance to marry a girl but you chose not to. Now, she's revealed that she's actually a princess and you're complaining to anyone who will listen how unfair she was to not tell you in advance that she was a princess from the get go.

Good analogy. :)

rookizpro
09-27-2011, 12:36 AM
i feel that alot still meeds to be done only a select few items can be costumized and/or give bonuses it is unfair indeed and needs fixed and to thosed who dedicated time to the game im sorry its true the items tgar were once only yours they selling to everyone so your no longer uniqe any more whats the point of haveing them now i dnt even play pl much any more because of it i play sl and that game has same problem already at least pl every can have diff armor :(

WhoIsThis
09-27-2011, 02:15 AM
As mentioned before, it's noteworthy that everyone in this thread that has complained had weeks if not months to level to 56. A simple look at their join dates indicate this. Perhaps if you joined in September, you had zero chance of getting the crown of persistence. But nobody in this thread has. I suspect that most of the complainers here have been playing for much longer and were simply too lazy to do so.

Corpser
09-27-2011, 02:27 AM
If you have to work your butt off, then you should get something a little more than just a fancy crown. Tack some stats on that biznitch.
you worked for it as a crown (not vanity) then its a vanity it should have been one or the other. a vanity set bonus shoudl not be concidered or at least not one that gives pvp advantages. maybe give it an increase in luck ( Like big luck) but a little bit higher or the set should only work for pve.

As mentioned before, it's noteworthy that everyone in this thread that has complained had weeks if not months to level to 56. A simple look at their join dates indicate this. Perhaps if you joined in September, you had zero chance of getting the crown of persistence. But nobody in this thread has. I suspect that most of the complainers here have been playing for much longer and were simply too lazy to do so.

Also this is an asumption alot of people could have been on holidays, or in my case wifi off. some people had stuff on and didnt get a chance to level its not there fault they still like the game. also alot of people complaining on forums are not active as much in game. just cause were on forums doesnt mean we are in game. (like me ) :(

WhoIsThis
09-27-2011, 04:19 AM
@Corpser

Not at all. There are many 56s from people who work full time jobs, have families, and the like. Many still managed to get to 56 within a month and this was on top of their regular work schedules. I know someone who worked 60 to 70 hours a week, had a baby, and still found the time to do it.

Bottom line is unless you just joined at the end of August, you have NO excuse. If you didn't get to 56... well getting to 56 just wasn't a priority for you.

JaytB
09-27-2011, 04:33 AM
Also this is an asumption alot of people could have been on holidays, or in my case wifi off. some people had stuff on and didnt get a chance to level its not there fault they still like the game. also alot of people complaining on forums are not active as much in game. just cause were on forums doesnt mean we are in game. (like me ) :(

Given that you have been playing this game for a long time already, wasn't 7ish months enough to reach 56? On top of that, I remember a post from a dev who stated that the lv56 cop would be part of a set in the future. Don't ask me to find it back, because it was a long time ago, but it was definitely posted. The way I see it, devs just awarded the people who spend time to (slowly) level to 56. It took me months to level all 3 of my main chars to 56, since I have a busy private life as well. And although I understand the reactions of people who didn't get it, I feel it's a reward towards the hardcore players, who spend either time or real life money to get to the previous level cap.

Corpser
09-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Given that you have been playing this game for a long time already, wasn't 7ish months enough to reach 56? On top of that, I remember a post from a dev who stated that the lv56 cop would be part of a set in the future. Don't ask me to find it back, because it was a long time ago, but it was definitely posted. The way I see it, devs just awarded the people who spend time to (slowly) level to 56. It took me months to level all 3 of my main chars to 56, since I have a busy private life as well. And although I understand the reactions of people who didn't get it, I feel it's a reward towards the hardcore players, who spend either time or real life money to get to the previous level cap.
yes it may be an award but the set bonus should stay out of it fair enough vanity crown lets you were it permanently other people will be jealous you look unique (This is an award) however i am merley sugesting the set bonus doesnt add armor and instead changes away from a pvp bonus to just a pve bonus.

@Corpser

Not at all. There are many 56s from people who work full time jobs, have families, and the like. Many still managed to get to 56 within a month and this was on top of their regular work schedules. I know someone who worked 60 to 70 hours a week, had a baby, and still found the time to do it.

Bottom line is unless you just joined at the end of August, you have NO excuse. If you didn't get to 56... well getting to 56 just wasn't a priority for you.

Yes some people may have found the time others may not have, keeping stats for a lvl 56 one is all good but giving an advantage over others is very unfair you may not see see it since you may already have the sets but really adding 10 armor is a very significant change its alot like the founders helm alot of people were mad about it having an extra 5 armor everyone that had one argued that it was fair, everyone else didn't. simply the stats should be change for something else besides armor.

CrimsonTider
09-27-2011, 06:54 AM

Another thing which should be noted is most of the individuals are also not pvp regulars, where this "bonus" is most useful. I can't see where it affects pve that much and what little it does in both realms isn't a huge difference. Unlike the Founder's Helm, the bonus can only be used by end game individuals.

And I love Pastry's anology. Applies perfectly to this situation.

WhoIsThis
09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Yes some people may have found the time others may not have, keeping stats for a lvl 56 one is all good but giving an advantage over others is very unfair you may not see see it since you may already have the sets but really adding 10 armor is a very significant change its alot like the founders helm alot of people were mad about it having an extra 5 armor everyone that had one argued that it was fair, everyone else didn't. simply the stats should be change for something else besides armor.

I maintain that it was due to your own unwillingness to take the time and effort to do it. Nobody except perhaps the devs knew that there would be any reward other than a crown for doing it at the time. Whether you want to lie to yourself in believing otherwise is entirely your business. Fortunately for people like you, end game PvP is one where you can ask the other player to remove their set or refuse to duel with them. I know this was the case in low level twink warfare. I have nothing further to say to you.

@Crimson:

The bonus is useful in PvE as well. I have noticed since it that I have died less often. Pure ints especially have so little dodge that anything helps. I imagine that as a bear as your main, you probably won't notice much.

Aikiebo
09-27-2011, 09:53 PM

Hey, pastrychef.

Oh, wait a minute! I read this post super fast this am. I misunderstood. Are you saying I still got a shot at her? lol hahaha Woot!!! Look at me marry into money!!! Weeeee!!! lol

Actually, I'm just kidding, lol.

But I am giving you an opening. You can now snap back: No!! you don't get the princess or the crown!!! Hah!!!!

Seriously folks.......

Since you are the only person in this whole thread to talk down to me, I am gonna help you out. You have had problems with drawing analogies in the past. So, I'll try to help.

Your analogy falls flat. It doesn't work cuz it's backwards. So... let's see... Guy A is dating this woman who wears nothing but rags. So, he thinks hmmmm..... and breaks it off. Then Guy B, starts dating her. They get married, THEN everyone finds out she's a princess.

But I'm curious: how exactly did Guy B hear the "subtle hint" and "vauge rumor" in time to cash in (cha ching!!)

Could it be: Just before one of their dates he's walking around the village and he's standing in front of the "Ye Olde Crown" merchant stall and he sees this crown. He keeps thinking he's gotta get that, he's gotta get that. Then what, a little bird lands on his shoulder (picture orig Snow White) and wispers a "subtle hint" into his ear. He puts his fingers to his chin and say, "wow, that was subtle, but hmm........ I wonder". He continues down the road.

So, it's almost time for the date, so he goes into "Ye Olde Outhouse" and scribbled on the wall in the King's finest Olde Englif, is: "for a ROYAL good time, call, ........." and his girlfriends name and phone number*** is next. So, he thinks hmmm... how did this "vauge rumor" get started. He's thinking hmm......

subtle hint...........
vauge rumor...........
subtle hint............
vauge rumor.............

So, he decides he better marry her "just in case". So, now he's in a hurry to pick her up but he pauses and thinks..... what does that rumor mean about "good time" hmmm...... how did that part of the rumor get started. hmmmm............. Doh!!!! Well, you can't have everything when you marry for money, lol.

I'm sorry, but, I got to finish this latter, sorry. Didn't realize it was so late.

*** yeah, I know, like they had phones back then, lol.

Wretch
09-27-2011, 11:29 PM
I personally hope this thread gets locked soon.... While there are some good debates, from what I have skimmed during breaks in my hectic days, there is completely too many of us fighting over something that is extremely trivial!

THIS IS A GAME!!!!!!!!!

Could I have received a founders helm or the crown of persistance?.....

Yes!!!! If I chose to do so... I did not.... I chose to actually do what I need and needed to do with my life outside of this wonderful game(s... If you include SL)!

Sorry for the semi rant! But with what I see and hear in game, in life, on TV, in the movies, at the store, so on and so forth.....

You have nobody to blame but yourself for your own actions AND inactions...

And most importantly!

LIFE is NEVER EVER fair.....

Now I please ask everyone that took the time to read this to look inside yourself and think...... Would I be best friends with myself if I never knew who this person I'm looking into is?????

Suntv
09-28-2011, 02:12 AM
I think all this discussion is kick-started by the fact that both items give a bonus when used together. If the bonus was seperated those who didn't get the crown still would get a bonus from the shield. STS gave all existing PL players all the time in the world, from June 'till September, to reacht 56 with their 4x elixer. Don't complain if you haven't got one. I don't have a lot of time to play due to work and real life, but I still managed to get all 3 crowns (str, dex, int).

Should the crown be available in plat store? No...
...but if they make it available it should cost 1200 platinum (twelvehundred, no typo). One (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30139-My-second-crown) of my crowns I got by non-stop using 4x elixers and it costed 1200 plat from lv 1 to 56 in 40 hours. That was the fastest route for a new player to reach for a crown.

In the end there will be new players joining who eventually will be lv 61. They don't have the crown, but my guess it that STS will be working on a new vanity helmet that maybe available with a new level cap or just in the new vampiric world.

Corpser
09-28-2011, 02:35 AM
I maintain that it was due to your own unwillingness to take the time and effort to do it. Nobody except perhaps the devs knew that there would be any reward other than a crown for doing it at the time. Whether you want to lie to yourself in believing otherwise is entirely your business. Fortunately for people like you, end game PvP is one where you can ask the other player to remove their set or refuse to duel with them. I know this was the case in low level twink warfare. I have nothing further to say to you.

Wether or not it was my unwillingness or not is entirley my bussniess not yours in fact i did try i really wanted a crown matter of fact i had some huge family issues my wifi has been off for most of my time on forums i had no actual warning. It was turned off about a week after i reached lvl 55. i also have worked and school minimizing my actual amount of time i could actually go in game. and from my experience people with end game stuff dont care much in pvp (are those that do) but alot of them just wanna win. The believe they earned it and as a result they will wear it no matter what i say (agian this is only some).

from what i can see you actually have the set bonus? if so i can see why you still want it. people get something then special bonus is given they will try and keep it and constantly argue for it.

i dont understand how you cant see the side of the coing im talking about, i can see yours. people earned it they deserve it, but serously please be open to mine andother peoples opionins try and understand it. all me and you are doing at the moment is argueing.

pastrychef
09-28-2011, 05:56 AM
@ Aikiebo:

Don't bother finishing. If you still don't understand, chances are pretty good that you'll never understand and I'm not going to waste time attempting to explain. Please use your energy to continue to annoy the princess in to giving you another shot at marriage.

WhoIsThis
09-28-2011, 02:32 PM
@ Aikiebo:

Don't bother finishing. If you still don't understand, chances are pretty good that you'll never understand and I'm not going to waste time attempting to explain. Please use your energy to continue to annoy the princess in to giving you another shot at marriage.

There seem to be lots of excuses here. Not gonna bother either. The other poster is sadly mistaken if they think that many end game players don't care about PvP.

We all have busy lives. I'm a university student, and yet I found time to get 2 characters to 56, despite my health not being in great shape. Both of these posters probably live in urban environments, which are places where internet is readily accessible. A friend of mine once wanted to get in shape to run a marathon as did his friends. He noticed something. At lunch, he ate, stretched, and ran. He did reasonably well considering it was his first marathon (after a year of training). His friends didn't. He noticed something. If you didn't do well, maybe it just wasn't a priority. Eating, socializing, hanging out, Facebook, TV, etc. gobbled their time.

As mentioned repeatedly in this thread, nobody except maybe the devs knew what was coming. I assume though that these people here will try to make 61 anyways as 66 may hold something.

Navygreen
09-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Ok, maybe I need to do more than skim this thread.

Man, those analogies are confusing me. :dejection:

StompArtist
09-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Ok, maybe I need to do more than skim this thread.

Man, those analogies are confusing me. :dejection:

Feeling like a mole in a cloud?

Ixillicus
09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
@ Aikiebo:

Sorry, but the princess is in another castle. :P

CrimsonTider
09-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Feeling like a mole in a cloud?

I hate those beetle throwin, Mario shrinking, pains in the you-know-what! :)

Rare
09-28-2011, 03:56 PM
On top of that, I remember a post from a dev who stated that the lv56 cop would be part of a set in the future. Don't ask me to find it back, because it was a long time ago, but it was definitely posted.

I definitely remember that. Until you mentioned it just now I forgot about it.

Speaking of busy people... I work 50-60 hours a week, have two 18mo olds, and a pregnant wife (come on fellas, you know how that is) and I still managed to get 2 1/2 to 56. And the third character (Aedenos) I didn't even start until about 3 weeks before the level cap raise.

ATL

Chant
09-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Apologies in advance if I sound rude?!?! To those of you who are complaining about the L56 helm not being available anymore, shame on you!!! If you're a forumer, you should have known that the helm was going to be taken away. As for the bonus, this was unexpected for me too. Making the helm available for plats is a slap in the face for people who grinded and kept the PL community active (hosting runs, farming, replenishing CS inventory, etc...). This is a BAD idea!!! "I'll wait for the next level cap so I can buy the L61 shield for plats too". If you convert the players time versus plats, even 200 plats for the helm is unfair.

It's also an insult to some players like myself when I read post such as "I didn't have plats to level to 56." I leveled 3-56s using only gold elixirs. So, please refrain from using plats as an excuse. Or comments such as, "I didn't have TIME to level to 56." Players had monthssssss to get "at least one character" to 56 with or without a busy schedule. Keep in mind that there are exceptions.

In my opinion and I highly wish Devs would do this, there should be a "Vanity Helm Quest" (***additional 83K xp at end game) and a "Vanity Shield Quest" (***additional 100K xp at end game) to players that missed out. Since characters stops earning xp when it reaches level cap, Quest should only be available at that time so XP can be earned for quest purposes only. Players can only do this quest one at a time so xp doesn't count for both quest. If you have already earned the vanities prior to a new level cap, then you don't have this optional quest available to you. This will allow current, new, and future players to acquire it yet be fair as to how older players earned theirs. ***less the xp from 55-56 and 60-61*** (I forgot how much it was.)

Prestige
09-30-2011, 01:41 PM
They will probably come out with something better hopefully in the future. But I think everyone should have the opportunity to earn something that has major stat enhancements. Example founders and prestige level equips. I have a founders but I feel that it is unfair to those who didn't have the opportunity to get the founders helm (maybe rename the helm for a certain amount of time played). The same thing applies to COP. Now if these vanities were just statless it would be a different situation. I'm not saying everyone should have every vanity, but most games that I have played let everyone have the opportunity to get the best gear in the game no matter how old the player. They usually have a statless or near statless equip serve as collector items instead. Hopefully, STS will do something about both of these helmets to make gameplay fairer.

Wonderjuice
09-30-2011, 03:20 PM
You can retrospectively give benefits to people; but you cannot retrospectively punish people or deprive of their stuffs with new changes.
This is because people punished retrospectively will feel more unjust and unreasonable than people who did not get benefits of new changes.
This is to make a society happier and more peaceful.

They provided COP for the people who had patience to become 56; they provided Shield to people who had patience to become 61.
I spend 6 months to make it to 56 and got a COP. I was really proud of it even if it didn't wear a nice set. Cop was an indication for my achievement and patience. The point is that by removing 84k experience requirement between 55 and 56, we were kinda punished. We lost xps we had gained before. The COP and set bonus was an only compensation for our lost xps. Many people could be very upset and disappointed if they didn't get this benefit and compensation for their loss of xps.

The people who did not get or try to get COP did not lose anything. They just lost their opportunity to achieve the item. An opportunity lost because of the changed design cannot be claimed. That opportunity to achieve COP was never been theirs.

Only problem is how about the people who had gained some xps but failed to reach 56 before the new change. These were given opportunity for six months. Only people who didn't really have opportunity is the people who started this game a few weeks before the new map released. This is like claiming for opportunities to get Droid antennas, Christmas items, Halloween vanity items, etc.

So, STS should make a best choice under the circumstances. The choice should be the one which makes the majority of people happy; however, the choice cannot help sacrificing some people who started this game a few weeks before the new map.

But, If STS really wanna make everyone happy, it may want to give people, who didn't really have chance, an opportunity to gain the crown of "persistence." Making reaching 55 to 56 difficulty again, which require 84k again, and giving COP again by a fallen prince in Sewer may be too late because a month passed and many passed the line already. Only possible way for this matter is the quest as many people said. But why STS should develop new quests spending more time and money?

thewolf
10-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Nothing unfair

Ghastly
10-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Wow.... Clove, complaining about this is like complaining that your older brother was born before you. Take a deep breath, calm down, and think for a second.