PDA

View Full Version : Draining.....

HolaAmigo
10-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Playing al on my phone with battery pack in only running AL yet it still drains the battery i dont get it one min its 80% next is 75% btw my battery pack is very good but still why does AL drain so much battery?

Any ideas please all welcomed :)

Alwarez
10-24-2016, 07:27 PM
Check your OS background process.
On my phone AL drains 14% per hour.

HolaAmigo
10-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Never had any problems before only today which is strange ill clear my background os now

Schnitzel
10-24-2016, 07:30 PM
How old is your battery?
there's plenty of apps on both app stores that can check battery health

HolaAmigo
10-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Mabye 6 or 7 months supposed to have 2 years..... what app should i use?

Schnitzel
10-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Mabye 6 or 7 months supposed to have 2 years..... what app should i use?

What are your charging cycles like?
Is your battery a lithium-ion battery?
How many apps do you have running in the background?
what's your battery capacity (mAh)? (Or just give us what kind of device it is and we'll search it up)
OS?

AL only uses ~6% on my phone

Also, if you go to AL > Settings > Game Options > turn down the frame rate to save some power

HolaAmigo
10-24-2016, 07:42 PM
What are your charging cycles like?
Is your battery a lithium-ion battery?
How many apps do you have running in the background?
what's your battery capacity (mAh)? (Or just give us what kind of device it is and we'll search it up)
OS?

AL only uses ~6% on my phone

Also, if you go to AL > Settings > Game Options > turn down the frame rate to save some power

Samsung s4 9505i

Thanks for your help :)

HolaAmigo
10-24-2016, 07:44 PM
No running apps in background just AL

Schnitzel
10-24-2016, 08:46 PM
GS4 with a lithium-ion 2600mAh battery?
If you got it from 2013, and kept using that battery up until now,
And did not follow the "train your battery" charge cycles (i.e. initial charge to 100%, drain to 0%, charge to 80-90%, drain to 20%, etc.)

Batteries wear out over time, you may have had 2600mAh when the battery was new, you may be around (just an estimate) 1600mAh at this point

Also, I heard off of somewhere that excessive heat can damage a battery (haven't had the time to fully research it)

How old is your battery pack?

HolaAmigo
10-24-2016, 09:09 PM
Battery pack is very good never heats up nothing kit preium 6000mah

Apart from that the battery that was oringally supplyed with the handset i threw away because all the cells died...

So i bought another about 7 months ago
I barely ever follow charge cycles but my battery i let go down to 15% sometimes 10 then charge it so?

Atm ive turned off a few settings and its working sweet so think ive figured it out hehe :)

Schnitzel
10-25-2016, 12:36 AM
Battery pack is very good never heats up nothing kit preium 6000mah

Apart from that the battery that was oringally supplyed with the handset i threw away because all the cells died...

So i bought another about 7 months ago
I barely ever follow charge cycles but my battery i let go down to 15% sometimes 10 then charge it so?

Atm ive turned off a few settings and its working sweet so think ive figured it out hehe :)

Are you sure the battery you've bought is an OEM battery?
And not one of those cheap knockoffs found around the internet?

I usually follow the charge cycle for my newer devices (like my GS7E), but my older devices I don't care about those cycles anymore, just charge when I have time between classes.

A friend of mine bought a couple non-OEM batteries for his old S3 (which also broke a while back), they drained and died a lot quicker than his OEM battery

You've resolved the issue? Good job

HolaAmigo
10-25-2016, 01:17 AM
Are you sure the battery you've bought is an OEM battery?
And not one of those cheap knockoffs found around the internet?

I usually follow the charge cycle for my newer devices (like my GS7E), but my older devices I don't care about those cycles anymore, just charge when I have time between classes.

A friend of mine bought a couple non-OEM batteries for his old S3 (which also broke a while back), they drained and died a lot quicker than his OEM battery

You've resolved the issue? Good job

Yes i changed a few settings and all is good again finally haha

Yes its a proper samsung battery :)

Thanks for all your help i appericate it

Bless you :)