PDA

View Full Version : Melle! Light swords!

Greg Carreras
09-23-2011, 06:37 PM
What do you guys think?! Bring some melle to star legends! I just did a quick photoshop project to get the idea,don't judge my PS skills, this is simply a rough draft, haha. More of a fun idea, thought it would be cool though!

OmincrossMX
09-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Awesone idea! i have recomended the same...But i dont think iys lightsword,but lightsaber!:D Nice darth maul saber thought

Cascade
09-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Cyber swords sound more snappy.

OmincrossMX
09-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Cyber swords sound more snappy.
Lol like transformers ones..:) How about Fancysaber! *vzzzzzzz*

JazzBlue
09-23-2011, 08:21 PM
"LaserBlade"

Thank me later... :peaceful:

Greg Carreras
09-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks guys! And course they're lightsabers but who knows how much George Lucas would sue them for xD. Also sorry to take your idea, I'm new to the forums, and I'm a enormous star wars fan so of course lightsabers were the first thing to come to mind!!!

Deathpunch
09-24-2011, 12:15 AM
My vote is for digital club.

Skeletonlord
09-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Star wars reference lol
Really good idea tho
Good work

Ps I'm new to forums as well

Blakout
09-24-2011, 08:56 AM
maybe starsaber or neutron saber? Idk

bronislav84
09-24-2011, 09:23 AM
While this idea is cool, the game is balanced around everybody being ranged. If they added melee (This is the correct spelling), the melee complaints would start like for PL bears. PL is already unbalanced with kiting in PVP (I don't even PVP and I know this!). We don't need people who chose to be melee ending up at a disadvantage, and some weapons already have a longer range than others.

I hope you understand.

Greg Carreras
09-25-2011, 12:43 AM
While this idea is cool, the game is balanced around everybody being ranged. If they added melee (This is the correct spelling), the melee complaints would start like for PL bears. PL is already unbalanced with kiting in PVP (I don't even PVP and I know this!). We don't need people who chose to be melee ending up at a disadvantage, and some weapons already have a longer range than others.

I hope you understand.

Yeah I understand that, but what about also adding some debuffs if you hit a target with the melee** weapon, maybe a slow movement, they've already done this debuff with the oil! Add it to the Cyber Swords(Which is my favorite name idea so far)

Barrington
09-25-2011, 12:57 AM
plasma swords

they're already in PL to let you know

bronislav84
09-25-2011, 05:19 AM
You still have to HIT to debuff. If people don't let you hit, it won't work....

Ellyidol
09-25-2011, 05:29 AM
I want some sort of Commando-specific melee weapons as well, but like bron said, the game is very much built around everyone being ranged that it'd be awkward to be melee.

Take for example if Commandos now get a 1H melee weapon, it'll be like a warbird in PL. Melee weapon but fire skills from a distance, might as well use a ranged weapon too.

+1 idea overall, but they'd need to put some serious benefit to use melee weapons, IMO.

Greg Carreras
09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Agreed on both counts! Still, it would be awesomesauce.

Deathpunch
09-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I want some sort of Commando-specific melee weapons as well, but like bron said, the game is very much built around everyone being ranged that it'd be awkward to be melee.

Take for example if Commandos now get a 1H melee weapon, it'll be like a warbird in PL. Melee weapon but fire skills from a distance, might as well use a ranged weapon too.

+1 idea overall, but they'd need to put some serious benefit to use melee weapons, IMO.

Gravity well, singularity, nebula, and neutron stomp all center on the com, making them excellent choices for melee. Gravity well to pull them in for a proper beating, neutron stomp to knock them down so they can't fight back, and singularity for those times you bit off more than you can chew. Kick on nebula before jumping into a mob and you'll get some aoe damage going on, too.

Growing rage and increase mass would benefit melee or shooters.

Force hammer wouldn't lose any effectiveness, as it's single target anyway.

Graviton slam may suffer a bit with a melee build as its aoe ranged damage, but i would use it to soften mobs before running in with fists flying.

All in all, I think with proper skill management, the skills we have now would be quite effective with a melee com.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Fac3bon3s
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM
This guy here has a point. ^.^

My vote for the name of said weapons... Illuminated Stabby Sticks.

ooommmggg
09-25-2011, 05:39 PM
lol great idea

Eyesharp
09-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Lol next thing you know you see people in Townes doing a saber clash and they somewhat have the force O.o

Ellyidol
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Gravity well, singularity, nebula, and neutron stomp all center on the com, making them excellent choices for melee. Gravity well to pull them in for a proper beating, neutron stomp to knock them down so they can't fight back, and singularity for those times you bit off more than you can chew. Kick on nebula before jumping into a mob and you'll get some aoe damage going on, too.

Growing rage and increase mass would benefit melee or shooters.

Force hammer wouldn't lose any effectiveness, as it's single target anyway.

Graviton slam may suffer a bit with a melee build as its aoe ranged damage, but i would use it to soften mobs before running in with fists flying.

All in all, I think with proper skill management, the skills we have now would be quite effective with a melee com.

Good point! Maybe I'm seeing it differently, I meant doing skills like Force Hammer, Graviton Slam and Backbreaker with a Sword. Seems odd. With some sort of melee fist though, it'd make much more sense and be more 'realistic' :)

However, I do agree with what you said, all of these skills have very good melee potential. It's just that 'warbird' aspect of PL, although really fun, that I hope doesn't make it to SL.

Deathpunch
09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Good point! Maybe I'm seeing it differently, I meant doing skills like Force Hammer, Graviton Slam and Backbreaker with a Sword. Seems odd. With some sort of melee fist though, it'd make much more sense and be more 'realistic' :)

However, I do agree with what you said, all of these skills have very good melee potential. It's just that 'warbird' aspect of PL, although really fun, that I hope doesn't make it to SL.

I didn't include backbreaker because I haven't used it yet. I'm not sure how it works. Lol, my com is only 26. As far as your concern with the warbird issue, I must admit I'm at a loss, as I don't play much pl, so I'm unfamiliar with all of the different builds. :)

Ellyidol
09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
I didn't include backbreaker because I haven't used it yet. I'm not sure how it works. Lol, my com is only 26. As far as your concern with the warbird issue, I must admit I'm at a loss, as I don't play much pl, so I'm unfamiliar with all of the different builds. :)

Backbreaker might work with any melee weapon actually. It just looks like a more physical skill than weapon-based skill.

Hmm. Basically a warbird in PL uses a melee sword, yet shoots arrow out of it. Insanely effective at times, I just find it a bit odd.

Deathpunch
09-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Backbreaker might work with any melee weapon actually. It just looks like a more physical skill than weapon-based skill.

Hmm. Basically a warbird in PL uses a melee sword, yet shoots arrow out of it. Insanely effective at times, I just find it a bit odd.

Thank you for the enlightenment. :D Hopefully, ill get off of my duff and get going on my com.