PDA

View Full Version : Should Glowstik's aa remove the curse?

Twerk
10-28-2016, 07:00 PM
Was just wondering, can any dev clarify that please? Thanks :)

Excuses
10-28-2016, 09:05 PM
This seems a glitch. Sent email to ask but didn't get reply. I think they are still figuring out?

Anyways. CURSE IS NOT DOT. I don't know why this pet removes curse. :/

Avaree
10-28-2016, 11:44 PM
This seems a glitch. Sent email to ask but didn't get reply. I think they are still figuring out?

Anyways. CURSE IS NOT DOT. I don't know why this pet removes curse. :/

Curse is d.o.t..

Curse described in mages skills is "damage everytime they land an attack for 5 seconds"

Thats Damage Over Time, correct me if I am wrong.

Kingofninjas
10-29-2016, 12:41 AM
Curse is d.o.t..

Curse described in mages skills is "damage everytime they land an attack for 5 seconds"

By that logic anything can be considered damage over time. Aim shot deals massive damage instantaneously. The fraction of a second it takes to deal damage is a unit of time. If you split that instant into infinitely smaller ones, we can start defining almost any damage taken as damage over time (if server response were instanteous this would not be the case).

What most people consider d.o.t is a consistant amount of damage over a consistant period of time, like the poison effect of nox bolt, the burn of fireball or the freezing damage of ice. Because curse is dependent on opponents skills, the damage and time when it is dealt will usually not be consistant.

Fredystern
10-29-2016, 04:16 AM
By that logic anything can be considered damage over time. Aim shot deals massive damage instantaneously. The fraction of a second it takes to deal damage is a unit of time. If you split that instant into infinitely smaller ones, we can start defining almost any damage taken as damage over time (if server response were instanteous this would not be the case).

What most people consider d.o.t is a consistant amount of damage over a consistant period of time, like the poison effect of nox bolt, the burn of fireball or the freezing damage of ice. Because curse is dependent on opponents skills, the damage and time when it is dealt will usually not be consistant.
I think its not dot cause of the damage dealt is depend on our skill that came out :)
Edit: just saw typo when read from first post..
Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Spell
10-29-2016, 08:58 AM
Yes yes make mages even mor usless in pvp. Horray for usless mages ^_^

This is after all rogues legends again right? I mean the app icon says it all xD

Twerk
10-29-2016, 09:06 AM
Yes yes make mages even mor usless in pvp. Horray for usless mages ^_^

This is after all rogues legends again right? I mean the app icon says it all xD

Quit bragging about mages in my thread, it's about correct pet job not about class. Boring

Ravager
10-29-2016, 09:31 AM
In this game, curse is considered DOT. Many times the new pet is helpful for the new or current content, and in this case, alleviating the pain of the curse mages. I don't think it should be removed/patched/fixed.

Anyona
10-29-2016, 09:59 AM
If curse is a DOT I'm not a mage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avaree
10-29-2016, 11:23 AM
In this game, curse is considered DOT. Many times the new pet is helpful for the new or current content, and in this case, alleviating the pain of the curse mages. I don't think it should be removed/patched/fixed.

+1
I agree with the above.
#Out of thanks.

Spell
10-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Curse is not a dot. It only does dmg if the enemy does dmg to u,not a reoccurring dmg every tic like clock fireball or ice.

Tyvm =]

We have pets to remove curse already try nilbog or misty ^_^ learn how to deal with problems without trying to add everything to one pet lol.

Imo curse should not be removed using glowstik

Volt
10-29-2016, 12:22 PM
Curse is not a dot. It only does dmg if the enemy does dmg to u,not a reoccurring dmg every tic like clock fireball or ice.

Tyvm =]

We have pets to remove curse already try nilbog or misty ^_^ learn how to deal with problems without trying to add everything to one pet lol.

Imo curse should not be removed using glowstik

I agree! Let's make you somewhat useful for once!

Zeus
10-29-2016, 01:33 PM
It's classified as a DoT in skill description, therefore glowstik AA will remove it. Although, since no sorcerer uses curse in PvP, this shouldn't be much of an issue.

In PvE, this is useful and intended to remove the mage curse.

The English is simple in the skill description. If it does not fit the description that one thinks how the skill should work does not mean that Glowstik's AA is bugged.

Rather, this thread title should be changed to: "How I Think Glowstik AA Should Function"

Anyona
10-29-2016, 03:37 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/cdf8cb06669ca9c37588f547146f1341.png
"Causes them to receive damage every time they land an attack"
Doesn't sound like a "dot" to me tbh

It's more so a debuff if anything but it's sole purpose is to reflect damage, it doesn't apply a dot

Twerk
10-29-2016, 05:15 PM

No comments

XD

Twerk
10-29-2016, 05:18 PM
It's classified as a DoT in skill description, therefore glowstik AA will remove it. Although, since no sorcerer uses curse in PvP, this shouldn't be much of an issue.

In PvE, this is useful and intended to remove the mage curse.

The English is simple in the skill description. If it does not fit the description that one thinks how the skill should work does not mean that Glowstik's AA is bugged.

Rather, this thread title should be changed to: "How I Think Glowstik AA Should Function"

Not really, was just wondering. I always thought that curse isn't really considered as dot.

Touchandburn
10-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Uhhmmm lol. I'm guessing you haven't played mage in twink.
Mage lvl 25 below uses curse. Glowstik's AA- Slows enemy, toxic pools( op stun too), buff allies with a shield (it heals, idk how much per tick, dmg reduction and dot immunity). So FB, Ice, clock(no one use in pvp) are DoT and CURSE = AA DoT immunity.And the AA removes curse? Dayum. I'm seeing useless mages in *Twinks* now.

*Endgame players don't need to reply on this thread since no one use curse in endgame(This is not for endgame PvP). I'm pretty sure this thread are meant for Twink PvP.

Volt
10-29-2016, 05:25 PM

It's more so a debuff if anything but it's sole purpose is to reflect damage, it doesn't apply a dot

If a dot attack is reflected, I'd consider it dot damage lol. If a cursed rogue uses noxious bolt on the mage, they will be destroyed by the dot reflected from the original attack.

yubaraj
10-29-2016, 05:32 PM
If really curse is dot than curse should work as dot. Unfortunately not.

Btw you guys will see lots of curse mage in level 61.

Curse more effective than fb imo in 61.

Just buff curse lol.

Anyona
10-29-2016, 05:34 PM
If a dot attack is reflected, I'd consider it dot damage lol. If a cursed rogue uses noxious bolt on the mage, they will be destroyed by the dot reflected from the original attack.

The dot is reflected but curse itself shouldn't be considered as a dot

Perceval
10-29-2016, 06:23 PM
If really curse is dot than curse should work as dot. Unfortunately not.

Btw you guys will see lots of curse mage in level 61.

Curse more effective than fb imo in 61.

Just buff curse lol.

Buff a skill that reflects attack damage...

Just wow.

nightmaresmoke
10-29-2016, 07:15 PM
I smell another pet nerf thread..

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Twerk
10-29-2016, 07:27 PM
I smell another pet nerf thread..

I did not say any single thing about nerfing the pet. Read carefully alright?
There is some misunderstanding for me in how does Glowstik's aa work, that's all. lol

yubaraj
10-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Buff a skill that reflects attack damage...

Just wow.

Yes sir it reflects damage equal to aimed shot. Ty for support.

Anyways to the topic curse reflects damage if. There is if and reflects. Doesn't smell like damage over time to me.

Its unique skill. So it shouldn't be compared to dot. Btw its useless as it has long cool down and distance is short.

Talking about PvP Rogues are killing anyone with one shot in 61 whether with arcane shield or nekro shield and Maybe 2 shot for warrior lol. Sorry about talking off topic.

Ardbeg
10-29-2016, 07:40 PM

"Causes them to receive damage every time they land an attack *for 5 secs*"
You deliberately chose to ignore the part where it specified the time in "damage over time*. Now look, i don't care for pvp really, but the way this discussion is carried out is not helpful. The point is, is there really a balance issue behind the the mechanic or something the designers overlooked which needs to be corrected? Why is that so? We have seen a lot of incomplete descriptions, so i would not place to much weight on it. But -contrary to your interpretation- handing out damage for a time period of 5 secs qualifies as damage over time for me, even if you try to hide it in plain sight with your comment.

Excuses
10-29-2016, 08:22 PM
Curse is d.o.t..

Hm. True.
I see how you can call it as DoT.

But then it should remove fireball, ice, time dot and curse too.
That's a lot for a class to lose skill dmg.

And ofc it's more about twink for sure. But saying it's OK because you don't use it is not a good solution here I think.

Avaree
10-29-2016, 09:03 PM
Curse is d.o.t..

Hm. True.
I see how you can call it as DoT.

But then it should remove fireball, ice, time dot and curse too.
That's a lot for a class to lose skill dmg.

And ofc it's more about twink for sure. But saying it's OK because you don't use it is not a good solution here I think.

I wasnt going to comment on your edit, but i feel compelled to do so, because what you said in your closing comment has zero regards to my post that you quoted. I believe you have me confused with another, as you can see in the above quote, I never mentioned anything about "twinks or I don't use".

*Back to topic, it will be good to see what a dev has to say about Glowstik's aa's to remove curse*.

Cheers!

will0
10-29-2016, 09:18 PM
curse is already a bad skill no mage uses ... not me at least .. this removal of curse from glowstik makes the skill more useless.

Sky_is_epicgear
10-29-2016, 10:08 PM
Its a DoT, the only difference is it doesn't "tic" at a constant rate (eg. per second) since its based on affected enemy hits.
That said its a very unusual DoT since no DoT will apply if enemy hits are 0.

OrangeUnicorn

nightmaresmoke
10-29-2016, 10:17 PM
I did not say any single thing about nerfing the pet. Read carefully alright?
There is some misunderstanding for me in how does Glowstik's aa work, that's all. lol
Lol your thread sounds like it, it's citing a nerf thread 😀

Excuses
10-30-2016, 12:17 AM
I wasnt going to comment on your edit, but i feel compelled to do so, because what you said in your closing comment has zero regards to my post that you quoted. I believe you have me confused with another, as you can see in the above quote, I never mentioned anything about "twinks or I don't use".

*Back to topic, it will be good to see what a dev has to say about Glowstik's aa's ability to remove curse*.

Cheers!

Aw. Looks like I made you confused.

That last comment wasn't for you. Just general opinion for what ppl were talking here. That's y I had some space too.
No worries. No offense. :)

epicrrr
10-30-2016, 12:35 AM

Curse deals dmg in a span of 5 sec. Regardless of how the damage is taken the fact that it needs a duration classify it as DOT.

Aim shot; damage burst (1 click) chance to crit when it landed. I dont get why you would break down a 1 press button dmg to "infinitely smaller ones" to classify aimshot as DoT.

No to Glowstik NERF! (I dont have one)

Anyona
10-30-2016, 01:20 AM
"Causes them to receive damage every time they land an attack *for 5 secs*"
You deliberately chose to ignore the part where it specified the time in "damage over time*. Now look, i don't care for pvp really, but the way this discussion is carried out is not helpful. The point is, is there really a balance issue behind the the mechanic or something the designers overlooked which needs to be corrected? Why is that so? We have seen a lot of incomplete descriptions, so i would not place to much weight on it. But -contrary to your interpretation- handing out damage for a time period of 5 secs qualifies as damage over time for me, even if you try to hide it in plain sight with your comment.

From my experience, a DOT is something which deals damage at a constant rate for a certain amount of time. Not a skill that reflects damage that the enemy is producing.

I deliberately didn't include the time that the skill lasts for because it's insignificant. It's the time the effects of the skill last for. This doesn't mean it is a "DOT".

nightmaresmoke
10-30-2016, 05:06 AM
Just wait for a devs clarification end of story.

Twerk
10-30-2016, 06:02 AM
Just wait for a devs clarification end of story.

And quit bragging that I'm about to force idea of nerfing Glowstik, keep your dramas for yourself. Ty

nightmaresmoke
10-30-2016, 06:16 AM
And quit bragging that I'm about to force idea of nerfing Glowstik, keep your dramas for yourself. Ty
Drama? Your the one who make the thread not me lel

ezkinita
10-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Rip twink mages :(

Iagiotr
10-30-2016, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=Anyona;2607533]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161029/cdf8cb06669ca9c37588f547146f1341.png

DOT stands for damage over time. Curse actually does do DOT, in it's description it says "causing them to receive damage every time they land a attack for 5 seconds" so every time they land a attack they have a DOT of 5 seconds.

creeepycreeepy
10-30-2016, 08:55 PM
Curse isnt damage over time its damage reflect, theres a difference.

creeepycreeepy
10-31-2016, 03:37 AM
its damage that is reflected over time
Try googling dot damage definition in rpgs :)

Ardbeg
10-31-2016, 02:13 PM
Isn't the reflection of a dot attack a dot attack again? And with that fact the curse skill is capable of dot? Just saying, the discussion shouldn't be about the definition but about wether it is a balance breaker.

creeepycreeepy
10-31-2016, 09:20 PM
Isn't the reflection of a dot attack a dot attack again? And with that fact the curse skill is capable of dot? Just saying, the discussion shouldn't be about the definition but about wether it is a balance breaker.
Op ask if glowsticks aa that removes dot should remove curse. In my opinion its a reflect spell, so it shouldnt...sorry if you invested mils in a pet but if its bugged its bugged.

Lethoiun
10-31-2016, 09:58 PM
Nilbog has dot immunity and it removes curse

creeepycreeepy
10-31-2016, 10:10 PM
Nilbog has dot immunity and it removes curse
Removes debuffs as well. Reflect spells would fall under that category.

Lethoiun
10-31-2016, 10:24 PM
Removes debuffs as well. Reflect spells would fall under that category.

Ah forgot about that

nightmaresmoke
10-31-2016, 11:20 PM
Nerf coming soon.

Ardbeg
10-31-2016, 11:54 PM
Op ask if glowsticks aa that removes dot should remove curse. In my opinion its a reflect spell, so it shouldnt...sorry if you invested mils in a pet but if its bugged its bugged.

I could not care less about pvp adjustments, as long as pve is untouched. With the curse mage in the new maps imho it's obvious Glowsticks aa is designed exactly for what it does.
We get a nerf/buff thread for every new high profile pet almost immediately on release and all i am asking is taking time to adapt and see if Glowtick also shows a weakness for his strenghts before the nerf threads go up. And since damage over time clearly is contained in the range of damage types Glowstick can deliver, the definition of dot is not the best case to build an argument for the pet.

Vvildfire
10-31-2016, 11:55 PM
if its bugged its bugged.

I'm really sorry I'm going off topic, but it's bitter and funny how almost no one said that about Fenris.

Back on topic, here's my opinion:
DOT means damage over time, and you could consider curse a DOT... But I think the fact that DOT is mostly used to describe "constant damage over time" should override that. It's not the first time the meaning of a word (well... Acronym in this case) has shifted its meaning, right? Maybe it should remove reflected DOT (cursed player uses Fireball, only the initial impact is reflected)... Although tbh that sounds a bit too complex.
I don't know if I'm wrong, I don't have nearly as much experience in games as some do, but that's the impression I got.

Ardbeg
11-01-2016, 12:05 AM

I could not care less about pvp adjustments, as long as pve is untouched. And with the curse mage in the new maps i think Glowsticks aa is doing exactly what it is designed for.

We have nerf/buff threads for every new high profile pet almost immediately after release, all i am asking is taking the time to find out if there are also weaknesses for Glowsticks strenghts and adapt before asking for a nerf. And since damage over time clearly is contained in the damage types Glowstick can return, the pure definition of dot and the usually very short description on the pet are not the best arguments to build a case for the nerf.

Eriel Delgado
11-01-2016, 02:16 AM
the curse from bosses such as the first boss of orc maps and the one from graveyard is not working properly cause it should work like reflected so if you just stand there without attacking or pressing skills you should not recieve any sort of damage instead it drains health like it's juice.

will0
11-01-2016, 02:20 AM
In PVE is fine glowstik should be the same as it is .. in pvp it destroy a mage's skill which deem useless and hardly anyone uses it now.... Dev should check the sorcerer's curse in line with the PVE mobs boss curse in the new map that deal the same damage and reflect damage.

Safiras
11-01-2016, 05:20 AM
In PVE is fine glowstik should be the same as it is .. in pvp it destroy a mage's skill which deem useless and hardly anyone uses it now.... Dev should check the sorcerer's curse in line with the PVE mobs boss curse in the new map that deal the same damage and reflect damage.

The issues with the sorceror's curse skill are that
1. The amount of damage returned to the cursed target does not scale appropriately to the damage dealt to the sorceror.
2. The cap on the amount of returned damage to the cursed target makes it useless vs skills with high damage on a single hit (yes I'm talking about aimed shot).

Either increase the cap on damage returned or increase the amplification factor on the damage returned, and curse could be more useful again. It could be done in a small adjustment like the way razor shield was slightly buffed (even though not many people use it still). Could not only restore the relevance of the skill in PvP, but in PvE as well. It would be nice to see an effective PvE mage build with curse.

Spell
11-01-2016, 06:23 AM

Dunno why u are so nasty to me now but u need to sit down lil kid.go make more youtube videos so u can be relevant. =]

Excuses
11-01-2016, 06:57 AM
The issues with the sorceror's curse skill are that
1. The amount of damage returned to the cursed target does not scale appropriately to the damage dealt to the sorceror.
2. The cap on the amount of returned damage to the cursed target makes it useless vs skills with high damage on a single hit (yes I'm talking about aimed shot).

Either increase the cap on damage returned or increase the amplification factor on the damage returned, and curse could be more useful again. It could be done in a small adjustment like the way razor shield was slightly buffed (even though not many people use it still). Could not only restore the relevance of the skill in PvP, but in PvE as well. It would be nice to see an effective PvE mage build with curse.

This.

Curse should reflect different amount of dmg based on intake dmg, not just same dmg for all.

Back to the topic,
If glow is working as intended, hope dev fix curse skill more effective at least.

Anyona
11-01-2016, 07:08 AM
From what I see is the curse from bosses and mobs is completely different from the skill curse.

Kingofninjas
11-01-2016, 12:21 PM
I could not care less about pvp adjustments, as long as pve is untouched. And with the curse mage in the new maps i think Glowsticks aa is doing exactly what it is designed for.

We have nerf/buff threads for every new high profile pet almost immediately after release, all i am asking is taking the time to find out if there are also weaknesses for Glowsticks strenghts and adapt before asking for a nerf. And since damage over time clearly is contained in the damage types Glowstick can return, the pure definition of dot and the usually very short description on the pet are not the best arguments to build a case for the nerf.

From my experience, the curse in graveyard maps seems to be one giant burst of damage and not really dot. I have never survived past the initial blast to confirm this or not, but if it is one burst, I don't think glow sticks AA should remove it.

Avaree
11-01-2016, 12:34 PM
From my experience, the curse in graveyard maps seems to be one giant burst of damage and not really dot. I have never survived past the initial blast to confirm this or not, but if it is one burst, I don't think glow sticks AA should remove it.

IMO it works like the description of the mage's curse in skills. I have been fortunate to survive it (thanks team!). Lol, and why would you want glow's aa of removing curse nerfed when it helps us ALL survive???

nightmaresmoke
11-01-2016, 01:36 PM
IMO it works like the description of the mage's curse in skills. I have been fortunate to survive it (thanks team!). Lol, and why would you want glow's aa of removing curse nerfed when it helps us ALL survive???
Clearly they want the nerf for pvp not pve as usual really.

Twerk
11-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Clearly they want the nerf for pvp not pve as usual really.

Can you finally leave my thread? Stop bragging about NERFING, people like you are just annoying. No one wants to nerf anything dude, I want to get clarified information. Quit being a jerk.

Avaree
11-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Can you finally leave my thread? Stop bragging about NERFING, people like you are just annoying. No one wants to nerf anything dude, I want to get clarified information. Quit being a jerk.

I don't see where your above comments fit, but I do see that the devs commented on many threads but this one. Maybe this says something about your original question in op, maybe glowstik performs the way he should. Have you pm'd a dev directly? Try that instead of insulting another forumer :)

Twerk
11-01-2016, 09:45 PM
I don't see where your above comments fit, but I do see that the devs commented on many threads but this one. Maybe this says something about your original question in op, maybe glowstik performs the way he should. Have you pm'd a dev directly? Try that instead of insulting another forumer :)

When someone is trying to ekhm implement something that isn't true to MY questions it is called being a truly annoying, isn't it? :)
I thought threads are made to solve things like these, right? Everyone have an option to ask a simple question.
If someone is trying to make me think other way than I actually try to represent I simply ask to either leave thread or stop bragging about nonsense :>
And no, still waiting for any dev that can shoot some clarification.
#dramafree #gracias

Kingofninjas
11-01-2016, 09:50 PM

Because then there is hardly any challenge left in the game. Most maxed out parties are already shredding through most mobs very quickly. These curse mages are basically the only thing that keeps me from closing my eyes and spamming skills.

If the mages curse is dot (I'll take your word for it because everytime it hits me I die instantly), then there is no reason to remove it. I only want it to function as the description says.

creeepycreeepy
11-01-2016, 11:24 PM
The mage curse in somberholt is not dot. Just did solo pt and let it curse me with no pet and no attacking, the curse did 0 dmg this way.

nightmaresmoke
11-02-2016, 04:54 AM
Lel and people like you shouldn't be in forums if you can't handle other forumers opinion, its either your too sensitive or too stubborn to listen on others thoughts.

Spell
11-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Lel and people like you shouldn't be in forums if you can't handle other forumers opinion, its either your too sensitive or too stubborn to listen on others thoughts.

+1 if u cant handle other peoples opinions then why make a thread that is open to the pubilc to voice opinions?
U have no problem voicing your own opinions about other people u dont like so kinda callin the kettle black there hun.

Anyways can a dev maybe chime in and explain why curse is considered a dot. Curse doesnt do damager over time it just reflects dmg depending on when enemy is attacking u.if the enemy doesnt attack then no dmg is done at all.there are no tics of damage during the curse at all.

nightmaresmoke
11-02-2016, 09:48 AM
+1 if u cant handle other peoples opinions then why make a thread that is open to the pubilc to voice opinions?
U have no problem voicing your own opinions about other people u dont like so kinda callin the kettle black there hun.

Anyways can a dev maybe chime in and explain why curse is considered a dot. Curse doesnt do damager over time it just reflects dmg depending on when enemy is attacking u.if the enemy doesnt attack then no dmg is done at all.there are no tics of damage during the curse at all.
My point exactly its called forums for a reason.

Avaree
11-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Cara made a post, although not directly related to this post - read to the end.

We double ran the numbers on this so here are some of the facts to help the discussion, which needs to slow down on the snarky remarks please.

Nekro Shield
- Lasts 10 seconds if not broken by damage
- 40% Damage reduction for duration
- 15 second debuff where you cannot be reshielded

Glowstik Shield
- Lasts 6 seconds if not broken by damage
- 95/75/55/35/15% Damage Reduction, each section lasts 1.2 seconds with an average damage reduction of 55% for duration
- 15 second debuff where you cannot be reshielded

The main point of interest here is that if the entire Nekro Shield is up for the full 10 seconds, its shield is more effective than Glowstik's. If Nekro's shield is broken early by damage then Glowstik's shield is better, as the total potential mitigation of damage is much larger (by around 150% at level 61)

We don't have any plans to change Glowstik at this time.

Excuses
11-02-2016, 02:31 PM

Made thread because they don't answer but ignored. Tried emails before made this.
And actually they ignored this thread too.

And I think an invidious opinion and different opinions are bit different. He didn't ask to nerf pet but asked why glow is removing curse.

Twerk
11-04-2016, 02:49 AM
Made thread because they don't answer but ignored. Tried emails before made this.
And actually they ignored this thread too.

And I think an invidious opinion and different opinions are bit different. He didn't ask to nerf pet but asked why glow is removing curse.

^This + I don't count threats as opinions, Ty

Communion
11-04-2016, 04:21 AM
^ me 2 thenk yu.

Rhymes