PDA

View Full Version : Why not remove skill icons completely when in towns?

Ellyidol
09-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Since the purpose of the new UI was to reduce clutter in display, and in towns the most you do is chat and click different players anyway, why not remove the skill icons entirely?

I know that this is implemented in other games (you can't use skills in towns) to reduce graphic and server lag from spamming, etc.

I know some testing is done in towns, such as buffs, stats, regen, etc, but this can be as easily done in a PvE map as well.

Downside I see is for the new players that want to get healed/buffed in a town, maybe a loading/tip message to direct them to AO for the healing pool?

Or if players need skill icons to use in town, maybe limit it to towns like Forest Haven? New players can still see their skills, get healed/buffed, and older players can just go to that town to test stuff.

Cobraguy
09-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Not a bad idea at all. It is kindof annoying when a mage spams their buffs and heal.

Riccits
09-24-2011, 07:53 AM
hmmm sometimes i like to buff me and c the stats and may change gear. better keep em...

Samhayne
09-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Yeah, we talked about this. However, we rather like the idea of running around like crazy people spamming skills in town. While sometimes annoying, it can be a lot of silly fun too :D

Ellyidol
09-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah, we talked about this. However, we rather like the idea of running around like crazy people spamming skills in town. While sometimes annoying, it can be a lot of silly fun too :D

Lol, touche :p

Necrobane
09-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Lol, touche :p WORD.