PDA

View Full Version : Getting 1 shot killed through glowstiks shield at 95% damage reduction

Perceval
10-29-2016, 09:53 PM
Its happened to me and a few others multiple times so can this be fixed?

You can be 1 shot killed through the 95% damage reduction phase of the shield.

I feel there's times where the damage reduction given is 0% while the shield is up, after activating the AA.

I said this before and I'll say it again, I don't think the damage reductions on the shield are accurate. Can a developer look into the being 1 shot killed through the 95% dr phase of the shield issue and also the accuracy of the damage reduction.

Thanks!

nightmaresmoke
10-29-2016, 10:19 PM
End game or low level twink?

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Perceval
10-29-2016, 10:40 PM
End game or low level twink?

Only experienced cases of level 58 - endgame thus far.

nightmaresmoke
10-29-2016, 10:47 PM
Only experienced cases of level 58 - endgame thus far.
It's not the same like nekro's shield
You should test it more, and post the results.

Perceval
10-30-2016, 04:14 AM
It's not the same like nekro's shield
You should test it more, and post the results.

I don't think you understand. When you are 1 shot killed through the 95% damage reduction phase of the shield, it doesn't make sense. How can you be killed by 5% damage of a skill?

Its happened multiple times and to multiple people. That should be enough to bring the issue to being looked into.

Its a very new pet, I understand that it may need bug fixes here and there.

creeepycreeepy
10-30-2016, 09:15 AM
May i ask which class or classes are one clicking you?

Perceval
10-30-2016, 11:14 AM
I'd prefer comments from owners of the pet 'glowstik' please.

Thanks.

Kakashis
10-30-2016, 01:04 PM
Want level is your glowstick?

Perceval
10-30-2016, 03:38 PM
May i ask which class or classes are one clicking you?

Want level is your glowstick?
- slotted as AA on level 61 pet
- duel
- rogue vs rogue

Saud
10-30-2016, 05:05 PM
You must know
The shield damage reduction go by 95/75/55/25 for 6 sec
So you getting aimed and having the "95 Dmg reduction" is kinda weak chance.
That's my theory

Ravager
10-30-2016, 05:10 PM
Have a Mage drop a charged time shift on you and take note of the numbers?

mediz08
10-30-2016, 05:21 PM
Maybe ur gears or jewels are low than ur opponent

Perceval
10-30-2016, 05:28 PM
i'll just laugh at some of the responses for now. It's almost like i'm speaking some alien language.

Clearly none of you currently PvP with this pet. Its new and not cheap. I don't blame you. You probably don't even own one.

Here i am trying to help you out so you don't get these problems when you PvP with the pet in future. Just wow.

I'll post this in the bug section.

Thread closed.

Fredystern
10-30-2016, 06:49 PM
Nope, its impossible if your shield of damage reduction 95% lets take 10.000 damage as a normal damage from rogue aim, 5% from it only 500 and rogue avarage health is around 6k right.
? .-. so its impossible, lets take 75% as your shield now, 25% from your damage is 2.500, still impossible for 1 aim, 55% damage was 5.500, your could die if there's an sp then.
I think there's a bug about this .-.

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

creeepycreeepy
10-30-2016, 07:00 PM
i'll just laugh at some of the responses for now. It's almost like i'm speaking some alien language.

Clearly none of you currently PvP with this pet. Its new and not cheap. I don't blame you. You probably don't even own one.

Here i am trying to help you out so you don't get these problems when you PvP with the pet in future. Just wow.

I'll post this in the bug section.

Thread closed.
Sir 4.5m for a brand new arcane is pretty cheap tbh. I recall a day where new arcanes were 20+ mil. Anywho maybe rogue is just that op this season? Or maybe delay makes it appear as your shield is up however its not? You should definitely test it more :))

Perceval
10-30-2016, 07:23 PM
Sir 4.5m for a brand new arcane is pretty cheap tbh. I recall a day where new arcanes were 20+ mil. Anywho maybe rogue is just that op this season? Or maybe delay makes it appear as your shield is up however its not? You should definitely test it more :))
Or maybe this thread is closed. Its no longer up for discussion. It needs to be looked into.

P.s. 4.5m isn't cheap these days for most people. Heck, I used to buy pets for 25m+. I'm speaking to today's economy mate.

creeepycreeepy
10-30-2016, 07:43 PM
Or maybe this thread is closed. Its no longer up for discussion. It needs to be looked into.

P.s. 4.5m isn't cheap these days for most people. Heck, I used to buy pets for 25m+. I'm speaking to today's economy mate.
Well good luck on your endeavors mate!

Perceval
10-30-2016, 08:00 PM
Well good luck on your endeavors mate!
Cheers mate.

aneshsinghblu
10-31-2016, 04:00 AM
what is your ping average?
anything over 350 is bad especially for rogues with low armor.
you could be dead on sever side but you just used aa which shows on your device .
just like how a warriors see heal skill with invincible green bubble but still dies

Perceval
10-31-2016, 07:04 AM
what is your ping average?
anything over 350 is bad especially for rogues with low armor.
you could be dead on sever side but you just used aa which shows on your device .
just like how a warriors see heal skill with invincible green bubble but still dies
Average ping is 100-150.

The thread is closed mate.

aneshsinghblu
10-31-2016, 08:00 AM
don't make a tread if you not willing to listen to others peoples opinions or suggestions

nightmaresmoke
10-31-2016, 09:30 AM
don't make a tread if you not willing to listen to others peoples opinions or suggestions
Burn 😂

Carapace
10-31-2016, 11:23 AM
I took a quick look at the logic for the shield and everything looks like it should be mitigating properly. We'd like to hear reports from some other players as well but for the moment nothing looks out of the ordinary.

The shield can be removed through damage like Nekro's shield, however with the 95% damage reduction it would be fairly difficult to do that unless the pet was very low level and the amount of damage the shield can take is significantly lower than expected.

Avaree
10-31-2016, 11:25 AM
I took a quick look at the logic for the shield and everything looks like it should be mitigating properly. We'd like to hear reports from some other players as well but for the moment nothing looks out of the ordinary.

The shield can be removed through damage like Nekro's shield, however with the 95% damage reduction it would be fairly difficult to do that unless the pet was very low level and the amount of damage the shield can take is significantly lower than expected.

In pve, I don't see any issues :)

Perceval
10-31-2016, 11:32 AM

Burn 😂

Except it was to see if anyone else had experienced the same issue. Where did I ask for opinions or suggestions?

#failedroast.

Perceval
10-31-2016, 11:35 AM

It happened to me and a guildie today during a rogue vs rogue duel.

I've noticed that it may be linked to the arcane pendant.

nightmaresmoke
10-31-2016, 11:37 AM
Except it was to see if anyone else had experienced the same issue. Where did I ask for opinions or suggestions?

#failedroast.
#wrongsectionthread
#shouldbeonfeedbacks

Perceval
10-31-2016, 11:41 AM
#wrongsectionthread
#shouldbeonfeedbacks

#tellthattothe100swhohavedonethesame.
#failagain
#stopembarrassingyourself.

nightmaresmoke
10-31-2016, 11:43 AM
#tellthattothe100swhohavedonethesame.
#failagain
#stopembarrassingyourself.
#oceanofego

Perceval
10-31-2016, 11:45 AM
#oceanofego

#nocomeback.

I'll take that as a gg.

nightmaresmoke
10-31-2016, 11:48 AM
#nocomeback.

I'll take that as a gg.
#newinfamous

Greoatef
10-31-2016, 11:52 AM
lol .... good banter?!?!?
Maybe its a pvp thing ... is it working correctly in pve .... could be intentional by sts to nerf it outta pvp?

Perceval
10-31-2016, 11:52 AM
#newinfamous

Thanks but the # thing got old when you didn't have a comeback.

Perceval
10-31-2016, 11:54 AM
lol .... good banter?!?!?
Maybe its a pvp thing ... is it working correctly in pve .... could be intentional by sts to nerf it outta pvp?
Its just something seen in rogue vs rogue duels from time to time. Just a slight bug I'd say.

nightmaresmoke
10-31-2016, 11:56 AM
Thanks but the # thing got old when you didn't have a comeback.
#reallynerfthreadimeanbuffthread?lel

Carapace
10-31-2016, 11:57 AM
if the problem is specifically PvP then latency becomes a much more relevant issue. It's very possible that with a bit of a high ping the server does not think that you applied your Slither Shield before the arrow hit you in the face. Players experiencing this particular scenario with Glowstik should take note of their latency and try to compensate with an earlier usage time to see if that helps

Perceval
10-31-2016, 12:08 PM
if the problem is specifically PvP then latency becomes a much more relevant issue. It's very possible that with a bit of a high ping the server does not think that you applied your Slither Shield before the arrow hit you in the face. Players experiencing this particular scenario with Glowstik should take note of their latency and try to compensate with an earlier usage time to see if that helps
I've just dueled 10 different rogues. 1 with an arcane pendant and 9 without. The arcane pendant rogue was the only one that 1hit killed me with an aimedshot through the 95-75% dr phase of the shield. If this helps.

Maybe its latency but this is the 5th arcane pendant holding rogue in a row to do this.

Also, I was wondering if the 95% dr phase could stay for 2 seconds instead of 1 since its literally non-existant/impossible to have. It just disappears as soon as you activate the AA.

Sxvm
10-31-2016, 12:14 PM
I've just dueled 10 different rogues. 1 with an arcane pendant and 9 without. The arcane pendant rogue was the only one that 1hit killed me with an aimedshot through the 95-75% dr phase of the shield. If this helps.

Maybe its latency but this is the 5th arcane pendant holding rogue in a row to do this.

Also, I was wondering if the 95% dr phase could stay for 2 seconds instead of 1 since its literally non-existant/impossible to have. It disappears as soon as you activate the AA so wouldn't that be good?

Maybe you're just not good at pvp.

Perceval
10-31-2016, 12:15 PM
Maybe you're just not good at pvp.
Maybe you'd like to find out. What's your ign? I'm online now.

Sxvm
10-31-2016, 12:17 PM
Maybe you'd like to find out? What's your ign? I'm online now.

Lol, calm down mate. Don't need to be a big baby. Just saying that obviously the arcane pendant user could be good at pvp and well geared and you may not be as good.

Perceval
10-31-2016, 12:18 PM
Lol, calm down mate. Don't need to be a big baby. Just saying that obviously the arcane pendant user could be good at pvp and well geared and you may not be as good.
Just wow. Read the posts CAREFULLY before commenting...PLEASE! (T_T)

Ravager
10-31-2016, 12:29 PM
This game has lots of predictive actions and runs rollbacks occasionally due to incorrect predictions/latency. Did you try my suggestion on page 1? I know you said you didn't ask for suggestions but constructive feedback and suggestions are pretty much the nature of these forums.

Perceval
10-31-2016, 12:31 PM
This game has lots of predictive actions and runs rollbacks occasionally due to incorrect predictions/latency. Did you try my suggestion on page 1? I know you said you didn't ask for suggestions but constructive feedback and suggestions are pretty much the nature of these forums.
Once again, It was only to see if anyone else had experienced this issue. Heck, it almost looks like I'm a liar. Why would i waste my time here if it didn't exist? Awesome forum you guys got here btw.

Vvildfire
10-31-2016, 12:47 PM

Also, I was wondering if the 95% dr phase could stay for 2 seconds instead of 1 since its literally non-existant/impossible to have. It just disappears as soon as you activate the AA.

It really seems as if you used Glowstik's AA a tad bit too late so far. There's bound to be a fraction of a second of difference between your screen and the other rogue's.

Carapace
10-31-2016, 12:50 PM

each stage of the shield lasts for 1.2 seconds at present, we don't see an issue with this amount of time because over the course of 2.4 seconds you have an average of ~70% damage reduction which should be adequate.

Perceval
10-31-2016, 12:51 PM
It really seems as if you used Glowstik's AA a tad bit too late so far. There's bound to be a fraction of a second of difference between your screen and the other rogue's.
That's what I was thinking until I realised it only happened during duels with 5 different arcane pendant holding rogues in a row.

Zulgath
10-31-2016, 12:52 PM
U realize that even if the aim shot supposed to hit 100,000 without u having shield on, it still wouldnt kill u with 95% dmg reduction lol

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk

Ravager
10-31-2016, 12:57 PM
Once again, It was only to see if anyone else had experienced this issue. Heck, it almost looks like I'm a liar. Why would i waste my time here if it didn't exist? Awesome forum you guys got here btw.

Gathering as much information as possible helps resolve problems when found. Simple polls of yes or no don't always cut it. I've submitted numerous bug reports and generally they ask for more details so they can replicate it. I've been on the other side where i ask for more details from clients to submit a bug report as well.

The purpose of my suggestion was leaning towards a Pvp test. Let's say the dot of a mage's time shift does 100 dmg per tick. So in the first second you should see the tick do maybe 5 dmg and then increase in dmg the next second. That would be 95% dmg and increasing thereafter right? That's one way of testing the dmg reduction.

If it's a latency issue, there might not be too many solutions other than extending the seconds with which the 95% shield is active or maybe nothing can be done. We still have scenarios where we see arrows fly through objects and rollbacks of warriors axe throwing opponents.

Trying to see if the arrow hits you first and you die or the dmg reduction is not there (even if you visually see a shield on your screen)

Perceval
10-31-2016, 12:58 PM
U realize that even if the aim shot supposed to hit 100,000 without u having shield on, it still wouldnt kill u with 95% dmg reduction lol

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk
Tell that to these guys lmao :'D

Perceval
10-31-2016, 01:01 PM
Gathering as much information as possible helps resolve problems when found. Simple polls of yes or no don't always cut it. I've submitted numerous bug reports and generally they ask for more details so they can replicate it. I've been on the other side where i ask for more details from clients to submit a bug report as well.

The purpose of my suggestion was leaning towards a Pvp test. Let's say the dot of a mage's time shift does 100 dmg per tick. So in the first second you should see the tick do maybe 5 dmg and then increase in dmg the next second. That would be 95% dmg and increasing thereafter right? That's one way of testing the dmg reduction.

If it's a latency issue, there might not be too many solutions other than extending the seconds with which the 95% shield is active or maybe nothing can be done. We still have scenarios where we see arrows fly through objects and rollbacks of warriors axe throwing opponents.

Trying to see if the arrow hits you first and you die or the dmg reduction is not there (even if you visually see a shield on your screen)
The shield appears then boom. 1 shot killed by an aimedshot. 95% or 75% dr, it shouldn't happen.

I'll see what else I can find out anyway.

Zulgath
10-31-2016, 01:03 PM
Tell that to these guys lmao :'D
I am not on ur side ;D

Perceval
10-31-2016, 01:11 PM
I am not on ur side ;D
Figures :'D

#forumenemynumber1

Zeus
10-31-2016, 01:24 PM
It works, the DR just fades too fast for it to be any useful.

will0
10-31-2016, 07:36 PM
i also think the damage reduction duration should increase too at least for 95% and 75%

Eriel Delgado
11-01-2016, 02:22 AM
the aim shot from graveyard mob is instan kill. works the same way as mark for death from cryostar debuff. altough if you manage to stun the guy that does aim shot debuff, it will get cancel out. frost bolt from mages puts and end to him or a nice skysmash landed on him.

Sweetsatured
11-01-2016, 02:11 PM
May the rogue did a 1million critical hit, and u was killed by the 50.000(5%) [emoji14]

Heieneba
11-03-2016, 08:29 AM
My friend share this video we do it arround 10 times always same 1 hit. https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg

Robhawk
11-03-2016, 09:37 AM
My friend share this video we do it arround 10 times always same 1 hit. https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg

Looks like a good proof to me.

Perceval
11-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Thanks mate. Everyone that doubted or ridiculed this now kinda looks like...well, they can use their imagination. ;)

Masked
11-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Thanks mate. Everyone that doubted or ridiculed this now kinda looks like...well, they can use their imagination. ;)

I came out of lurking for this.

This video shows the shielded player getting hit with charged aimed, a fraction of a second later, hit with sp, which does dmg like aimed shot, and razor engaged. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rogue, but do the same with nek. Then ya got something to try to prove your point.

Did you not read what the developers said?

Perceval
11-03-2016, 03:04 PM

This video shows the shielded player getting hit with charged aimed, a fraction of a second later, hit with sp, which does dmg like aimed shot, and razor engaged. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rogue, but do the same with nek. Then ya got something to try to prove your point.

Yea, they said this didn't exist. :'D

Antispace
11-03-2016, 03:10 PM

I don't exactly get Ur point but if i got it correctly u mean that the dmg is normal and just too big to survive.

Well if that's the case I cant agree with you. you Can See on the ss I'll send later that he receives 5000dmg which would be at a 95% dmg reduce at around 100k Pure dmg which is Just INSANE and literally impossible.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161103/5ad1fca07731666a6cde446ddaa17b9c.jpg

PS: Just realized that my Auto correction was german so excuse me if there r any mistakes

Safiras
11-03-2016, 05:45 PM
In your previous post you highlighted the confusing part of Carapace's explanation of Glowstik's shield. He mentioned right from the start that the shield has a gradually decreasing damage reduction ability. Specifically, 95% in the first 1.2 seconds, then 75% in the next 1.2 seconds, then 55% and then 35% and lastly 15% for a total of 6 seconds of shield. Then he goes on to say that for that period of time the shield provides an AVERAGE damage reduction of 55%. He does not mean that at any point in time durig the shield the damage reduction could be 55%, he was just telling you the average damage reduction over the period of time of the shield when adding together the damage reduction over each 1.2 secomd interval. He was probably making the case that Glowstik's shield provides more average damage reduction than Nekro's over the same period of time (because Nekro has only 40% damage reduction).

Maybe a dev can just clarify who is right and who is wrong about this. But having read through everything carefully, I think Masked interpreted Cara's explanation wrongly. Having also seen the video, I also refuse to believe a rogue can do so much damage at lvl61 to another maxed rogue on Glowstik shield that 95% damage reduction cannot save them from one combo (unless the rogue was naked to begin with).

Kingofninjas
11-03-2016, 09:40 PM
I think what Perceval is experiencing is the shield delay mages experienced prior to the fix that wasn't mentioned in news or any forum posts :p

To people who do nott knows about this: mages with yellow ping had a slight, very brief delay before their shield activated this delay was reduced to almost negligible sometime ago(~3 months>_<) I'm guessing even people with green ping might have felt it

People should try to be civil to each other especially when the discussion is a tad bit dotted with miscommunications. Or it's all down to tandem experienced in a Parliament in session.

What you are talking about is also dependent heavily on device speed.

creeepycreeepy
11-04-2016, 01:48 AM
So much anger, why cant we all just get along :(

Perceval
11-04-2016, 03:53 AM
What you are talking about is also dependent heavily on device speed.

Yes, ping is dependent on device speed. My point is ping is what might be causing OP to experience a delay in his shield :P
The video link is working for everyone right? -_-'

Leprechaun
11-04-2016, 04:26 AM

The rogue instant killed him within 1 seconds after the shield was up,, even at 75% damage reduction, i dont think a 5k crit is justifiable, it means that without the shiel the rogue actually critted 20k damage. We do not need to count in razor or other factor because 5 k damage is from a single hit clearly shown in the video. If dev say that is normal, this pet is pretty useless imo.

Plus that 5 k is probably dealt during the 95% buff so like what some mentioned, rpgues can do 100k damage now??

Leprechaun
11-04-2016, 04:36 AM

Maybe the problem lies in the rogue's aimed shot itself. I would suggest a better solution of testing, get a prime warrior to do the shield and have 4-5 rogues do aimed on him in intervals of 1 seconds seperately. Using timed shift eliminates the possibility of aimed shot being able to bypass the shield.

Leprechaun
11-04-2016, 05:02 AM
I have viewed the video in slow motion by screen recording the video against a stopwatch app, and found out that the rogue actually hit him with the 5k crit aimed at 1.3 seconds. He was at 75% damage reduction buff.

resurrected
11-04-2016, 05:04 AM
I have viewed the video in slow motion by screen recording the video against a stopwatch app, and found out that the rogue actually hit him with the 5k crit aimed at 1.3 seconds. He was at 75% damage reduction buff.
So seems that most of time players think they getting killed with 95% of damage reduction but they currently have 75/55% during combo.

creeepycreeepy
11-04-2016, 05:05 AM
The video link is working for everyone right? -_-'
Yes it is mate.

Leprechaun
11-04-2016, 07:02 AM
So seems that most of time players think they getting killed with 95% of damage reduction but they currently have 75/55% during combo.

Yes it is clearly after 1.2 seconds however if thats the case, i believe nekro shield is a lot better then...

Breakingbadxx
11-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Increasing the duration of the 95% from 1.2 to 2 seconds would probably help. Since the game is meant to be played anywhere, it should accommodate for those not living in the US because living outside the US usually means you will have regular noticable ping spikes (even with the fastest connections and best devices money can buy).

These spikes can be the difference between life and death in game.

Robhawk
11-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Increasing the duration of the 95% from 1.2 to 2 seconds would probably help. Since the game is meant to be played anywhere, it should accommodate for those not living in the US because living outside the US usually means you will have regular noticable ping spikes (even with the fastest connections and best devices money can buy).

These spikes can be the difference between life and death in game.

Read here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?353875-PvP-duel-Zeus) what f.e. Zeus thinks about what you said! When you think there is sportsmanship or fairness involved -> FORGET IT !

creeepycreeepy
11-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Read here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?353875-PvP-duel-Zeus) what f.e. Zeus thinks about what you said! When you think there is sportsmanship or fairness involved -> FORGET IT !
I would be humbled that he took the time to farm me o.O

Migos
11-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Maybe you weren't at full hp before you died

Perceval
11-04-2016, 09:41 PM
https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg

Leprechaun
11-04-2016, 09:57 PM

I've watched the video in slow motion, the 5k damage wasnt the one that killed him , it was the shadow piercer. But thats besides the point, the shield is too weak and needs a buff

Zeus
11-06-2016, 01:53 AM
Maybe the problem lies in the rogue's aimed shot itself. I would suggest a better solution of testing, get a prime warrior to do the shield and have 4-5 rogues do aimed on him in intervals of 1 seconds seperately. Using timed shift eliminates the possibility of aimed shot being able to bypass the shield.

The problem doesn't lie in rogue aimed shot as mages also hit very hard these days. The problem lies in the crazy boost of damage without the proper armor balance.

Zeus
11-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Too much armour would make the already way too canonish rogues less glass

Then we have to understand that rogues are glass cannons these days. XD