PDA

View Full Version : Do we need to craft mythic weps into vanities on bday?

onadraosari
10-30-2016, 11:09 AM
Still can't get reply on this question. Do we need mythic weapons for crafting them into vanity?

Meowtho
10-30-2016, 11:27 AM
well it would be logical if we could craft em with original weapon, like with arcane weapons:)
there arent many of them so it would make owner different than other players

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

eugene9707
10-30-2016, 02:46 PM
From what I recall from the chat box from vroom, the weapons are bought from store, not craft.

Legallyblonde
10-30-2016, 02:50 PM
:rolleyes:meh

KnowledgeFTW
10-30-2016, 05:52 PM
From what I recall from the chat box from vroom, the weapons are bought from store, not craft.

With plat? Would be more fair if it was farmable or purchased with gold.

eugene9707
10-30-2016, 06:08 PM
With plat? Would be more fair if it was farmable or purchased with gold.

I'm guessing token store :p

Schnitzel
10-30-2016, 09:23 PM
I still want my upgraded vili set crafted into a vanity..

Zozobanafea
10-30-2016, 10:11 PM
well it would be logical if we could craft em with original weapon, like with arcane weapons:)
there arent many of them so it would make owner different than other players

1+ [emoji377]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sasamon
10-31-2016, 04:33 PM
This old Mythic weapons no longer drop, just in old chests content. Frost Bow for rogues its an item from Winter Event, you can get by opening locks of winter event.
Some of this Weapons will be hard to see if they don't add again to the game. Like Twin Razorbacks for rogues, ppl said they're avaible for one week in a long time ago...
I want to know too if will need Arc Shard to Craft, like Arcane ones, if they already said, I lose the thread...

blazerdd
10-31-2016, 04:37 PM
This old Mythic weapons no longer drop, just in old chests content. Frost Bow for rogues its an item from Winter Event, you can get by opening locks of winter event.
Some of this Weapons will be hard to see if they don't add again to the game. Like Twin Razorbacks for rogues, ppl said they're avaible for one week in a long time ago...
I want to know too if will need Arc Shard to Craft, like Arcane ones, if they already said, I lose the thread...

Part of that is correct. From what I remember, it was a short time when the Twins were available. Every once in awhile one pops up on auction, though. They usually get snagged pretty quick.

Suentous PO
10-31-2016, 07:28 PM
They won't answer if the original is needed because if they say yes or no it will affect the market and trigger hoarders to try to fix the market price.

Here's Vroom answering the op's question.....

Vvildfire
11-01-2016, 12:19 AM
They won't answer if the original is needed because if they say yes or no it will affect the market and trigger hoarders to try to fix the market price.

Aww :)
I like that, good job!

Eriel Delgado
11-01-2016, 12:31 AM
you will be able to purchase each of the vanity weapons for 1k birthday tokens. you get them from cakes... if my math is right, it was 1t for small cake, 2t for med cake, 3t for large cake and 5 for massive grand cake.

Vvildfire
11-01-2016, 01:46 AM
you will be able to purchase each of the vanity weapons for 1k birthday tokens.

Source please.

Sasamon
11-04-2016, 03:07 PM

Good move by STS. Loved it! And thanks Sue!!

Kenzou
11-04-2016, 03:50 PM

Meowtho
11-04-2016, 04:54 PM
ty

Vvildfire
11-10-2016, 08:26 AM
They lied to us :) idk as yall but I'll hardly believe nice things rn

"You will probably be able to obtain the birthday vanity without being required to have the weapon in the first place"
Technically they didn't lie to us, you're still able to get the vanity for 300 plat.
You couldn't expect such beautiful vanities to be easy to obtain I suppose :c
But you're right, about what they said here...
"Birthday is not us trying to cater to players who happen to still have a specific item".
But here's what I think.
Suppose the vanities will sell for 2m (except for the first few days, I guess), it wouldn't be all that convenient to craft them. Arcane shards cost a lot and the mythic weapons did, too, even before we knew they were required for the recipe, and will be even more expensive now. Let's not forget you need to buy the recipe/open cakes instead of selling them. That's one more gold loss.
If you sum up all the ingredients needed, it'll turn out to be a lot of gold... But! There's the 300 plat purchase available. If you're able to convert 300 plat to 2m+, it's an effing good deal. I'm guessing a lot of people who have that much plat, and more, available, will buy the vanities for 300 plat and sell them.
That will lead to a price drop, whatever the price will be. Meaning that buying the vanity rather than crafting it will be less expensive. Meaning that, in the end, the recipe doesn't really change things much!
Now I know that this could go the opposite way, I'm in NO way a mercher, I don't study economy, I don't even keep a (mental) tab on the average price of 99% of items. It's just what I thought, right now, while writing this post, of what could happen this incoming week.

Like I said, there was no way these vanities would be easy to get! If you want to buy it with birthday tokens, you can always sell the cakes and buy the vanities with the gold you earned. We don't know how many tokens they would have been, so there's no "right" price to pay them at.

I know for a fact that I won't get any :') but that's just me!

resurrected
11-10-2016, 09:04 AM
"You will probably be able to obtain the birthday vanity without being required to have the weapon in the first place"
Technically they didn't lie to us, you're still able to get the vanity for 300 plat.
You couldn't expect such beautiful vanities to be easy to obtain I suppose :c
But you're right, about what they said here...
"Birthday is not us trying to cater to players who happen to still have a specific item".
But here's what I think.
Suppose the vanities will sell for 2m (except for the first few days, I guess), it wouldn't be all that convenient to craft them. Arcane shards cost a lot and the mythic weapons did, too, even before we knew they were required for the recipe, and will be even more expensive now. Let's not forget you need to buy the recipe/open cakes instead of selling them. That's one more gold loss.
If you sum up all the ingredients needed, it'll turn out to be a lot of gold... But! There's the 300 plat purchase available. If you're able to convert 300 plat to 2m+, it's an effing good deal. I'm guessing a lot of people who have that much plat, and more, available, will buy the vanities for 300 plat and sell them.
That will lead to a price drop, whatever the price will be. Meaning that buying the vanity rather than crafting it will be less expensive. Meaning that, in the end, the recipe doesn't really change things much!
Now I know that this could go the opposite way, I'm in NO way a mercher, I don't study economy, I don't even keep a (mental) tab on the average price of 99% of items. It's just what I thought, right now, while writing this post, of what could happen this incoming week.

Like I said, there was no way these vanities would be easy to get! If you want to buy it with birthday tokens, you can always sell the cakes and buy the vanities with the gold you earned. We don't know how many tokens they would have been, so there's no "right" price to pay them at.

I know for a fact that I won't get any :') but that's just me!
For me they did just one thing. I lost trust especially after they said in chatbox that they want all enjoy bday event and wont make it costly

Vvildfire
11-10-2016, 10:08 AM
For me they did just one thing. I lost trust especially after they said in chatbox that they want all enjoy bday event and wont make it costly

I think I'll still enjoy it :)
Not having to farm thousands of tokens (for just one thing) allows me to relax and just enjoy the event, getting enough tokens for the other vanities (don't they look awesome?!). Especially the cake bear! *-*

Vvildfire
11-10-2016, 11:32 AM
@Vvildfire he doesn't talk about enjoying the event, he talks about a lie.
Bonjovi has said something very right for you.

I expect to/may enjoy the event also - it depends on one thing that is not yet clear. And it's about the medium cakes. We'll see, but I still have a good feeing that the event Can be a good one, for f2p players/pve farmers.

If you've read what Bonjovi said, you'll also (probably) have read my reply (if you haven't, I invite you to read it, if you care enough to do so). I'll repeat, I have distrusted sts at times, and I've decided not to anymore. If they think this is for the best, so be it. (ugh, do you think I enjoy having you think of me this way?)
Devs have yet to clarify what happened, give them the benefit of the doubt till they explain or apologize.

Medium cakes. I don't exactly see what's there to clarify. They removed Arena's gold loot because it brought too much gold into the game, and this is the same reason they're not putting 5k gold in the Medium cakes. It's a wonder why they kept the gold drops so high in the Halloween event.
Even if you don't earn a coin during the 4th birthday, it's fine isn't it? It's a celebration, just enjoy it rather than trying to make a profit out of it. I get mad when I see friends moan about not being able to make gold out of Birthdays. The balloon vanities and the cake bear will probably be available to most casual players anyway... And they're a part of this event as much as the mythic vanities :v

VROOMIGoRealFast
11-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Hey guys, we never promised nor said that the voting Vanities would be free for everyone to have. We have even followed the same trend as the 3rd Birthday when old vanities were made available again.

This is true, and fits into what we planned. You are not required to have the original vanity. The vanities are tradeable, and they're available for platinum purchase. You do not have to craft it.

This is also true. We didn't want to artificially inject a lot of value to items which used to have little to no value. If we had forced crafting with the item that is what would have happened. Instead we've allowed players to purchase them directly with plat, no crafting or hoarding of items needed. In spirit of this being the Birthday though, we decided to also create the recipe so that players who do have these items can turn them into the vanities, for a different kind of price. This gives two different ways for the vanities to enter the economy, which will help keep the secondary market price lower, making them more available to players who are purchasing them. Those who are looking for the vanities can also go hunting Grand cakes for the recipe, because these recipes won't be easily available to everyone. Plenty of ways to make gold :)

Our birthday is a combined celebration between STS and our players. We have added a lot of fun vanities to the event in celebration which you can earn by playing, and the cakes are a good way for your to get some gold or some items you can sell. We want everyone to have fun, to celebrate what AL has been, and will be in the future!

voidPtr
11-10-2016, 11:46 AM
@VVildfire Don't get mad at people for playing a game for the reasons they choose to play it - They are playing Their game, not you.

nightmaresmoke
11-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Hey guys, we never promised nor said that the voting Vanities would be free for everyone to have. We have even followed the same trend as the 3rd Birthday when old vanities were made available again.

This is true, and fits into what we planned. You are not required to have the original vanity. The vanities are tradeable, and they're available for platinum purchase. You do not have to craft it.

This is also true. We didn't want to artificially inject a lot of value to items which used to have little to no value. If we had forced crafting with the item that is what would have happened. Instead we've allowed players to purchase them directly with plat, no crafting or hoarding of items needed. In spirit of this being the Birthday though, we decided to also create the recipe so that players who do have these items can turn them into the vanities, for a different kind of price. This gives two different ways for the vanities to enter the economy, which will help keep the secondary market price lower, making them more available to players who are purchasing them. Those who are looking for the vanities can also go hunting Grand cakes for the recipe, because these recipes won't be easily available to everyone. Plenty of ways to make gold :)

Our birthday is a combined celebration between STS and our players. We have added a lot of fun vanities to the event in celebration which you can earn by playing, and the cakes are a good way for your to get some gold or some items you can sell. We want everyone to have fun, to celebrate what AL has been, and will be in the future!

Will we be able to get the golden shield that did not from last years b-day event?

Vvildfire
11-10-2016, 12:33 PM
There you (we) go :)

Perceval
11-10-2016, 01:47 PM

By making an arcane shard the requirement for crafting the originals using the recipe, you kinda decreased the value of the originals. Doesn't really seem right tbh.

Darkluciferx
11-10-2016, 02:10 PM
You can buy vanity mythic weapons in vendor for 300 plat.
Also you can craft it for a Recipe + original weapon + arcane shard.

Thread Close.

:v

VROOMIGoRealFast
11-10-2016, 03:34 PM
By making an arcane shard the requirement for crafting the originals using the recipe, you kinda decreased the value of the originals. Doesn't really seem right tbh.

By creating the recipe for turning the weapons into a Vanity, we've added functionality to them. Previously these weapons only had value for the level they were relevant, or as a collectors item to hold in your inventory or wear in town. Those previous uses have not changed, but now they have the additional use of being able to turn into a vanity which further increases their "wear in town" use but removes their "stats for relevant levels" use.

This will only decrease the value of the original if the price of the original became heavily inflated due to speculation that everyone would want them and crafting them into the vanities would be free and easy. This inflated value based on speculation is exactly the true value we did not want to put into these weapons. Now, players who happened to have the originals may be able to use them to craft the vanities without spending plat, but don't get a huge artificial value boost to the weapon.

You get a break for having an original of the weapon, you don't get rich :)

resurrected
11-10-2016, 04:21 PM
By creating the recipe for turning the weapons into a Vanity, we've added functionality to them. Previously these weapons only had value for the level they were relevant, or as a collectors item to hold in your inventory or wear in town. Those previous uses have not changed, but now they have the additional use of being able to turn into a vanity which further increases their "wear in town" use but removes their "stats for relevant levels" use.

This will only decrease the value of the original if the price of the original became heavily inflated due to speculation that everyone would want them and crafting them into the vanities would be free and easy. This inflated value based on speculation is exactly the true value we did not want to put into these weapons. Now, players who happened to have the originals may be able to use them to craft the vanities without spending plat, but don't get a huge artificial value boost to the weapon.

Not sure if my comment got deleted but :
I dont see point of making pool next time because people were excited for cool vanity that we can buy for 1k tokens and we see this :)

VROOMIGoRealFast
11-10-2016, 04:40 PM
Remember, it was never said that the vanities would be available for 1k tokens, nor what would be required to obtain them. We announced we would be releasing vanities for the birthday event, and let the players choose which vanities would be available. Players made all kinds of assumptions based on that.

The reason for the poll was to allow players to choose which vanities would be in the game. This was a great success, we had tons of answers! As a special birthday surprise, we found enough time to implement all the winners from the initial request :)

Perceval
11-10-2016, 06:10 PM

Actually, the price of the originals didn't really increase. They decreased from around their stationary values because when you compare 300 platinum to the total 2m+ cost of converting the original, it just makes sense to buy the 300 platinum version (even if it means buying it for gold from the auction house or players personally) because its cheaper.

These weapons have remained in the 1m range for quite a few seasons.

The real issue here is the arcane shard requirement for the conversion. The weapons are mythic, why not a mythic dragonite bar?

Going by the arcane legends 300 platinum = 300,000 gold exchange rate:
Why does it cost around 7x more to convert an original when compared to buying the vanity with platinum (or even for gold)?

voidPtr
11-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Actually, the price of the originals didn't increase in any way...
Hu?
On the contrary. One/two weeks ago there were 3-4 the runic guns in auctions with price 400-500, look at their price now - 1.2M.
(I know cause I was checking and I bought 1 then for less then 500K; and it had para stone, believe me or not.)
Similar things happened with the rest of the mythic weps, convertible to vanities - just look auc now.
Glaive 2.5m - was bellow 1m I think, pavise 1.2m - was bellow 500k I think, elon gun 800k - was 400-500k, ...

Perceval
11-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Hu?
On the contrary. One/two weeks ago there were 3-4 the runic guns in auctions with price 400-500, look at their price now - 1.2M.
(I know cause I was checking and I bought 1 then for less then 500K; and it had para stone, believe me or not.)
Similar things happened with the rest of the mythic weps, convertible to vanities - just look auc now.
Glaive 2.5m - was bellow 1m I think, pavise 1.2m - was bellow 500k I think, elon gun 800k - was 400-500k, ...
The general price is around the 1m range (which is what the majority are in and have been).

The main issue here is the arcane shard requirement boosting the cost to that which is more costly than buying the platinum version for gold. And now the event is live we found out that you also need an arcane shard for turning [each piece] of your level 36 upgraded mythic set into a vanity.

I don't think a <500k or so increase can really be called the "heavy inflation" Vroom stated.

Btw, the glaive hasn't sold and won't sell mate. Its just listed by someone that thought they could make a quick profit in the confusion and failed. Most people know the true value range of these weapons and clearly (as an example here) stuck to those values.

Anyways, I presume its too late for change now so it'll be what it is.

voidPtr
11-10-2016, 07:37 PM
At least for me, looking as a buyer, doubling the price is a big increase

Breakingbadxx
11-10-2016, 07:52 PM

Yes, you don't get rich by having the original of the weapon. You get poorer than you would be if you had instead just bought the weapon vanity from someone for gold. The arcane shard requirement doesn't break it even with the platinum purchase, whereas a dragonite bar would.