PDA

View Full Version : Somberholt botters

seraneyla
10-31-2016, 12:29 AM
Hello guys. Since I've done a lot of random run at new map Somberholt, I've noticed that one player which I dont wanna mention his name but he is in Korean guild. He only done the first group of mobs, afk for awhile and leaves. So me and my friend Oxze, noticed it happens all the times when he joined the room and we decided to pull the mobs at different spot. And yeah, he did the same skills at the same place over and over again, afk and leaves. I don't record his act, Im nab at rooting my device, but I wish someone will record and report.

Sorry for what ever verb, grammar, grandpa, language i use. Hope y'all understand [emoji16]

Necropolis
10-31-2016, 01:22 AM
Hello guys. Since I've done a lot of random run at new map Somberholt, I've noticed that one player which I dont wanna mention his name but he is in Korean guild. He only done the first group of mobs, afk for awhile and leaves. So me and my friend Oxze, noticed it happens all the times when he joined the room and we decided to pull the mobs at different spot. And yeah, he did the same skills at the same place over and over again, afk and leaves. I don't record his act, Im nab at rooting my device, but I wish someone will record and report.

Sorry for what ever verb, grammar, grandpa, language i use. Hope y'all understand [emoji16]
You don't need root to record your screen

Sent from somewhere in the Netherlands

Nvgd
10-31-2016, 01:29 AM
So someone is a botter if he uses the same skills at the same time and stuff? the answer is no....This is the exact same problem with *******. I recently saw a video on youtube from them (I still don't know why he's not banned for plat farming, but what ever) that he spotted a so called "botter". The "botter" just spammed his skills while he was not moving. He did absolutely nothing wrong imo... My point is don't tell other people that someone is a botter with out any REAL prove.

ForgottenWarrior
10-31-2016, 01:51 AM
And the person is HAN

Safiras
10-31-2016, 02:22 AM
So someone is a botter if he uses the same skills at the same time and stuff? the answer is no....This is the exact same problem with Slekki. I recently saw a video on youtube from Slekki/ Ikkels, (I still don't know why he's not banned for plat farming, but what ever) that he spotted a so called "botter". The "botter" just spammed his skills while he was not moving. He did absolutely nothing wrong imo... My point is don't tell other people that someone is a botter with out any REAL prove.

Then please, educate us folks on what you believe is real proof that someone is a botter. Because evidently you know and we don't.

Qnoy
10-31-2016, 02:29 AM
And the person is HAN

Lol i know that guy too.. kinda annoying, but still need more prove

Nvgd
10-31-2016, 02:35 AM
Then please, educate us folks on what you believe is real proof that someone is a botter. Because evidently you know and we don't.

What i see as real proof....well first you gotta make sure that you record him/her, we both know that pictures isn't enough nowadays.
As for what i think is real proof... is just doing things that aren't normal for in this game...Like no cooldown if you used a skill, abnormal speed (more then 200%) things like that. But recording a player that is just standing still and using his/her skills isn't just enough to say that he or she is a botter, come on we both know that.

Fredystern
10-31-2016, 02:36 AM
Lol i know that guy too.. kinda annoying, but still need more prove
Got video and BAM 😆

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Ninthplague
10-31-2016, 02:37 AM
Spamming skills for no reason and not replying gives you a very high chance that you are a bot. Now he stated that they changed mob pulls but this so called botter did the same skill spamming in the same spot without mobs if I understand it correctly. Bot is someone who moves without human interaction and do things that were programmed to him, its not about increasing dmg, no cooldown etc.

Nvgd
10-31-2016, 02:50 AM
Spamming skills for no reason and not replying gives you a very high chance that you are a bot. Now he stated that they changed mob pulls but this so called botter did the same skill spamming in the same spot without mobs if I understand it correctly. Bot is someone who moves without human interaction and do things that were programmed to him, its not about increasing dmg, no cooldown etc.

So if i stand still and spam my skills it will instantly make me a botter?! LOL

Ninthplague
10-31-2016, 02:54 AM

You can troll them by making them think you are a bot, but doing so will make you a suspect for botting.

Chuuwee
10-31-2016, 04:04 AM
I keep meeting that same rouge at random and it pisses me off. At first I thought I did something wrong since I only start pt just recently after 2 long years of soloing. But then he keeps on doing it. The same thing. Even the stutters when he begin to move are the same.

I even pm him to ask if I offended him!

RYYUKK
10-31-2016, 04:24 AM
Good try from devs trying to make a random maps, but thats true.
Some players been botting and some ppl already accepted

Daggee
10-31-2016, 04:29 AM
Well, firstly, thats not the case. Secondly, that person have been seen multiple times doing the same map, in the same pattern over and over again. In the proof given, he also does'nt respond to messages.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

magerules
10-31-2016, 04:29 AM
ign Han botter

ilhamsad
10-31-2016, 05:09 AM
Dev please confirm this. I want use this way too if is legal. Cause i must study and cant always run this dungeon.

Send From Krag City

nightmaresmoke
10-31-2016, 05:44 AM
The new maps are completely random (sorta) and people still finds a way to cheat? Whoa 😱

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Slekki
10-31-2016, 06:06 AM
What i see as real proof....well first you gotta make sure that you record him/her, we both know that pictures isn't enough nowadays.
As for what i think is real proof... is just doing things that aren't normal for in this game...Like no cooldown if you used a skill, abnormal speed (more then 200%) things like that. But recording a player that is just standing still and using his/her skills isn't just enough to say that he or she is a botter, come on we both know that.

He didn't respond to the chat either and he was dropping packs in the weirdest spots. He has the same way of moving in the Somberlight city too. He takes 3 steps to the right leaving a second inbetween every step, then after a bit he teleports to the graveyard zone. If you teleport immediately after him you will most likely enter the same zone and have another proof of the same process which this guy is repeating over and over. As you can see it is clear that the OP didn't see the video before making this thread so multiple people saw this guy doing his thing.

Greoatef
10-31-2016, 06:30 AM
sts have done a really good job with randomising the new maps .... even the mobs seem to be fairly random ... the graveyard is hardly ever exactly the same (ive noticed this as im always trying to optimise mob pulls for the team, and unlike all the other maps in AL the somberholt maps have a widely varied pattern)
Its impossible to bot an entire graveyard map and get coins i think? But can bot the first section easy as its always straight for a short while ... and always has a few mobs, so easy to port in, set a pattern, kill first set of mobs, port out etc etc etc.
One way to hound botting the first section would be to put a couple of those mages in the first set of mobs .... lol ..... but i dont supose anyones gonna like that :P

Abuze
10-31-2016, 06:55 AM
sts have done a really good job with randomising the new maps .... even the mobs seem to be fairly random ... the graveyard is hardly ever exactly the same (ive noticed this as im always trying to optimise mob pulls for the team, and unlike all the other maps in AL the somberholt maps have a widely varied pattern)
Its impossible to bot an entire graveyard map and get coins i think? But can bot the first section easy as its always straight for a short while ... and always has a few mobs, so easy to port in, set a pattern, kill first set of mobs, port out etc etc etc.
One way to hound botting the first section would be to put a couple of those mages in the first set of mobs .... lol ..... but i dont supose anyones gonna like that :P

You are correct tho. Adding mages in the beginning can decrease the amount of botters I think or rather I hope it does.

intizamfamily888
10-31-2016, 07:09 AM
Well even if he bots at the first mobs, he still will be missing all the balanced tokens which are needed, so he will have to farm all the way again legitely because of the random bosses.
Senseless xD

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

nightmaresmoke
10-31-2016, 07:14 AM
I think sts needs to tweak the maps a bit take out the huge mobs at the entrance

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

seraneyla
10-31-2016, 07:16 AM
Well even if he bots at the first mobs, he still will be missing all the balanced tokens which are needed, so he will have to farm all the way again legitely because of the random bosses.
Senseless xD

Nope. If he wanna balanced token, he can buy some bronze coffer. It will looted 1balanced token.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk

seraneyla
10-31-2016, 07:18 AM
You don't need root to record your screen

Sent from somewhere in the Netherlands
Tell me what apps can i download for my Android

intizamfamily888
10-31-2016, 07:20 AM
Tell me what apps can i download for my Android

Try Mobizen, AZ Screen recorder
Note: U can record ur screen without root if ur on Android 5.0+

Avaree
10-31-2016, 07:52 AM
[B]One way to hound botting the first section would be to put a couple of those mages in the first set of mobs .... lol ..... but i dont supose anyones gonna like that :P

Brilliant idea! Along with those two mages in first mob, don't forget they need a buddy, so add a tank skelly with HR, a witch from underhul leading her pet beetle to slow them down as they try to bot those first few mobs lol.

Until the ban hammer terminates this botter(s), if you all see him join your map, do the friendly thing, and aggro many mobs back to him. (The script the player uses is only programmed to kill what the user told it too.) Once you deliver your gift, (if any packs on the ground, grab them)zone back into that map, and wait and see if it worked. :boxing: He should steal enough aggro to hold the mobs there when you zone, some may turn back. The mass mob should kill him. If they achieve your goal, reset the mobs. Don't kill any near him. If you can see the botter on map, he still may be able to collect points. Just move further away until his toon can't be seen in your screen. :)

That may help :)

Spell
10-31-2016, 08:00 AM
He can farm all the points he wants but he can never buy the rank ups as he would never get tokens.idk whats the point of this dude botting when in the end he will need tokens from boss drops lol

seraneyla
10-31-2016, 08:07 AM
He can farm all the points he wants but he can never buy the rank ups as he would never get tokens.idk whats the point of this dude botting when in the end he will need tokens from boss drops lol
If he rich enough, he can buy bronze coffer from the auction to get the tokens. Each bronze coffer include 1 balanced token. So the problem solved for the tokens.

Greoatef
10-31-2016, 08:15 AM
if the map designs were more varied when you first enter them without any initial mobs waiting to be killed, ie
1. forward little way no mobs, then forward
1. forward little way no mobs, then left
1. forward little way no mobs, then right
it would make automated actions extremely hard .... but its a little late for that now as map designs and coding have been implemented.
But in future maps if this was taken into consideration then its goodbye to a lot of botters, or at least it will slow them down by a huge amount and not impact on those that play legitimately :P
Plus no complaints about landing into a map and into a cluster of angry mobs that squash you instantly (which we have had before?!?!?)

scarysmerf
10-31-2016, 10:33 AM

I've seen this person many times a rogue joins map stands around a min or so then leaves map I wouldn't call them a botter just a lazy player it's quite sad they will take a long time to rank up at that rate lol sad.

Goen
10-31-2016, 11:58 AM
I've seen this person many times a rogue joins map stands around a min or so then leaves map I wouldn't call them a botter just a lazy player it's quite sad they will take a long time to rank up at that rate lol sad.
I've seen many players do that, I asked a player why you leave ? His answer open up my mind, he said rather than I catch up pt than run too far already, I better remap and dont waste my time to catching up. So his point is he want to kill mobs from beginning of the map, which faster to get the pts rather than wasting time catching others. Same thinking with many players that after respawn just do a remap.
Sometimes we dont know what other peoples thinking/do which turn out more effecient than what we do.

From all posting here about bots, I think sts done a great job to eleminating the botter by randoming the path to the boss. The botter can only exploit the minor of the map (beginning of the map - straight path) not the boss. NICE...

Suentous PO
10-31-2016, 03:34 PM
Until the ban hammer terminates this botter(s), if you all see him join your map, do the friendly thing, and aggro many mobs back to him. (The script the player uses is only programmed to kill what the user told it too.) Once you deliver your gift, (if any packs on the ground, grab them)zone back into that map, and wait and see if it worked. :boxing: He should steal enough aggro to hold the mobs there when you zone, some may turn back. The mass mob should kill him. If they achieve your goal, reset the mobs. Don't kill any near him. If you can see the botter on map, he still may be able to collect points. Just move further away until his toon can't be seen in your screen. :)

while i apaude the wickid sharp mind, be careful. some of us got in trouble for doing exactly that to leachers in pl >.<'

Terminhater
10-31-2016, 04:26 PM
He only does the first one or two mobs and leaves. I will definitely aggro mobs in his direction and ruin his botting :)

You gotta Hand it to him for being blatant XD

Circe
10-31-2016, 07:24 PM
I know this play style is a Macro player.
Also i saw several times in tomb.
So I record them n send to STS support.
HOWEVER STS DONT WANNA READ MY E MAIL.
In result, Macro player already sold theirs items or move to other ign....nothing change.

Sorayai
10-31-2016, 07:38 PM
I would to know where is pleasure of playing game if they cheat??

...when u see botter, just leave map...sts will bring him there where is his place... :)

Sorry for my English, I hope u guys will understand! :)
Cheers!

RYYUKK
11-01-2016, 01:52 AM

Farm token been more easier than farm mobs , thats the reason why they been botting mobs

Ckc Chen
11-01-2016, 05:20 AM
Lets be fair for at least a bit, if the mentioned player uses some software to overwrite the game, this shows the developers need to do something (which they did already), I don't think that you should freak out or make a fuss about it. Let the developers do their job and keep the gameplay under control.
P/S: You do need to provide more evidence for the authorizing team for the validation, until then, keep your judgements away, you could be potentially harming the person if he/she is innocent.

Safiras
11-01-2016, 05:28 AM
Lets be fair for at least a bit, if the mentioned player uses some software to overwrite the game, this shows the developers need to do something (which they did already), I don't think that you should freak out or make a fuss about it. Let the developers do their job and keep the gameplay under control.
P/S: You do need to provide more evidence for the authorizing team for the validation, until then, keep your judgements away, you could be potentially harming the person if he/she is innocent.

I have screenshots of a player (not the one named in this thread) describing to my guildies how he botted 60k of his points and it is suspiciously similar to the way people claim the named botter is behaving in the Somberholt Graveyard map.

I respect the "innocent before proven guilty" approach you are trying to take, but I'm not sure why you would do so given the very suspicious descriptions given in this thread. A sensible person would find it very hard to dismiss whatever is happening as possibly innocent gaming behaviour. Beware of how you choose to advocate inaction. Because if more people start to realize that they can get away with this, grinding Somberholt for points will become even more meaningless since people can do it with no effort at all.

Plqgue
11-01-2016, 07:09 AM
Senseless xD

If u call killing twenty mobs and running to the boss legitly

seraneyla
11-01-2016, 07:44 AM

As you see, I'm not mention anyone names in this thread cause I'm afraid I'm making false assumption for this guy but who did randoms knew exactly who am I talking about cause we have the same situation when he joined the same room. It's just stupid if you see someone do wrong, repeatedly doing same action, don't reply messages, but you don't judge. I mean, we aren't stupid anyways. I am not freaking out or making a fuss but Im thinking that most players plays fairly with dignity while he was just sleeping until his rank up. Yes I agree I need more evidence but I alrd mention here I don't hve record apps and I hope someone will alert with this guy.

Terminhater
11-01-2016, 09:25 AM
I tried looking for this guy yesterday and nothing. He must've read my previous post XD

#ImmaGitYouSucka #RuinHisBottingPullMobsInHisFace

Avaree
11-01-2016, 03:13 PM
I tried looking for this guy yesterday and nothing. He must've read my previous post XD

#ImmaGitYouSucka #RuinHisBottingPullMobsInHisFace

Lol ^^

#ThinkBanHammerWon