PDA

View Full Version : Curse of Undead Mages at new map

TheSandWarrior
11-01-2016, 04:23 AM
Curse of Undead Mages at new map is so strong that i bet even voice of the order set will not survive once the curse is inflicted on a class.I am a solid tank warrior and when i have the curse and i use juggernaut skill my ally rogue friends can one shot me by attacking the undead mage at graveyard.Horn of renew skill can protect me for 3 seconds but those 3 seconds are not always enough.I think damage of curse reflect damage should be nerfed in case of undead mages or at least there should be a warning when the undead mage is about to apply curse.For example:there is a warning when undead rogue archers are about to use aim shot.

nightmaresmoke
11-01-2016, 05:09 AM
You want it easy so what's the point of this expansion then? Tip the mages only use curse when players are in close range so don't blindly go straight wait for rouges and mages to deal with them if your the tank do your tanking job properly if your mage or rogue do your job too.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Zikovsky
11-01-2016, 05:09 AM
Yup, +1 for this. Warning Sign is necessary bcz the dmg was insanely too OP.

Ckc Chen
11-01-2016, 05:11 AM
Very much agree to your opinion, they should make an indication on top of the mage to make it clear to players.

Plqgue
11-01-2016, 07:06 AM
Curse of Undead Mages at new map is so strong that i bet even voice of the order set will not survive once the curse is inflicted on a class.I am a solid tank warrior and when i have the curse and i use juggernaut skill my ally rogue friends can one shot me by attacking the undead mage at graveyard.Horn of renew skill can protect me for 3 seconds but those 3 seconds are not always enough.I think damage of curse reflect damage should be nerfed in case of undead mages or at least there should be a warning when the undead mage is about to apply curse.For example:there is a warning when undead rogue archers are about to use aim shot.

I have no problem with the curse
-I'm a mage

Kairihearts
11-01-2016, 08:13 AM
Notice how you get a warning for you have been targeted by "aimed shot"

You get hit and your sleeping with the fishies but at least there is a warning for that...

So why not one for the OP mage very good point BIG +1 :)

extrapayah
11-01-2016, 08:15 AM
need warning, yes... alpha wolf, planar tomb 2 boss, pakuna, korghar, and krax give us warning before they do curse/reflecting damage, and they are bosses, not a mob like these undead sorcerers. no way a single mob should be stronger than a boss/miniboss

and out of all, korghar is the fairest, because any dot dealt before he start reflecting doesn't reflected back to players

Faliziaga
11-01-2016, 09:15 AM
need warning, yes... alpha wolf, planar tomb 2 boss, pakuna, korghar, and krax give us warning before they do curse/reflecting damage, and they are bosses, not a mob like these undead sorcerers. no way a single mob should be stronger than a boss/miniboss

and out of all, korghar is the fairest, because any dot dealt before he start reflecting doesn't reflected back to players

This. Mage mobs are stronger and more dangerous than bosses, especially since they are of the same (no) color as the other mobs and they are able to wipe out 1-3 players or the whole team when there are several grouped mages or sidely standing and getting easily aggroed. Moreover mages run and hide behind other mobs thus are difficult to target, this combined with the huge damage debuff of the female mages' towers and the narrow and crowded paths in Mausoleum it is pure luck based. Also mages curse sometimes insta kills even before any cloud appears. I've been mostly using nilbog aa and paying much attention for my team in these dangerous areas and it sometimes is not possible to press my pet's aa before someone suddenly dies (sometimes also the aa has no effect I guess it's because the pet/player is out of range).
So with a team of at least two rogues that know what they are doing Graveyard mages should be no problem whereas in Mausoleum where is no place to kite it is unpredictable and too luck based. Also when you have finally found a miniboss and the room is crowded with mobs . . . sorry other topic.

Posting this for future stages.

Terminhater
11-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Yes this guy is too op. He can wipeout a whole pt.

Mages just fireball his boney a$$ and ice the mobs. Simples.

As a rogue I've learnt to strategically fight him. I don't rush in to kill him now - my kdr is destroyed T.T

Instead I look out for this sucka and fight him from a distance. Now if you're a tank and you see this guy in close proximity just hit horn, that 2 second invincibility can help us immensely.

Affordable pets that do good in graveyard are Slink, Breeze and Nilbog. Save the AA for the mob with Mage.

Thank you,

Signed : The rogue with the terrible kdr

Avaree
11-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Yes this guy is too op. He can wipeout a whole pt.

Mages just fireball his boney a$$ and ice the mobs. Simples.

As a rogue I've learnt to strategically fight him. I don't rush in to kill him now - my kdr is destroyed T.T

Instead I look out for this sucka and fight him from a distance. Now if you're a tank and you see this guy in close proximity just hit horn, that 2 second invincibility can help us immensely.

Affordable pets that do good in graveyard are Slink, Breeze and Nilbog. Save the AA for the mob with Mage.

Thank you,

Signed : The rogue with the terrible kdr

good strategy! :) out of thanks

One thing that one needs to look at is their team mechanics. A full class party is best for these maps: a warrior who knows his skills, for instance SM with the upgrade of quaking earth, (although its only a 25% chance to stun for 3 secs), I see that skill stunning a lot of these pesky mages. If the SM q.e. fails to stun, the mage(s) are backing up the team with a charged FB, during this time the party usually receive a protective shield that stops all incoming damage for 2 secs from the tank, along with a pet that gives d.o.t immunity while the rogue(s) take out the worst of the evils first. (yes other skills are just as vital in these maps, from all classes.)
Yes I have ran with randoms in these maps to see if I was missing something, all rogue, all mage one rogue, two tanks one rogue. I see no reason why there is all this fuss over the skelie mages.
(I use the haste set on all maps.)

Enjoy the game :)

eugene9707
11-01-2016, 11:32 AM
First and foremost, the mage mob was already nerfed twice. Once to decrease their damage and second to fix the curse ignoring armor.

Thing is, the mages aren't that bad if you pay attention (to identify them) and know what you are doing (stun them or keep your distance)

The cast area for the curse is relatively small, as long as you are out of melee range that won't and can't curse you. Imo, as a tank, you should just leave the mages be (as they won't go into melee range by itself to curse you), and tank the rest of the mobs, and let the mages/rogues deal with those mages with their ranged attacks.

You can also have them stunned (see avaree's post) and then kill them fast, but this might be less feasible as we explore to the deeper mausoleum. You can also get skill/pets that removes debuff (gale mastery for mages, and nilbog's aa etc.) since curse counts as a debuff.

It's not that hard imo, it actually makes the game more involved and interesting instead of just run in and kill everything by smashing buttons blindly.

Avaree
11-01-2016, 11:44 AM
First and foremost, the mage mob was already nerfed twice. Once to decrease their damage and second to fix the curse ignoring armor.

Thing is, the mages aren't that bad if you pay attention (to identify them) and know what you are doing (stun them or keep your distance)

The cast area for the curse is relatively small, as long as you are out of melee range that won't and can't curse you. Imo, as a tank, you should just leave the mages be (as they won't go into melee range by itself to curse you), and tank the rest of the mobs, and let the mages/rogues deal with those mages with their ranged attacks.

You can also have them stunned (see avaree's post) and then kill them fast, but this might be less feasible as we explore to the deeper mausoleum. You can also get skill/pets that removes debuff (gale mastery for mages, and nilbog's aa etc.) since curse counts as a debuff.

It's not that hard imo, it actually makes the game more involved and interesting instead of just run in and kill everything by smashing buttons blindly.
+1 Well said on all accounts,
#outofthanks

Carapace
11-01-2016, 11:46 AM
there should be a cloud of rain over the afflicted person for the duration of the curse, is this not visible?

Meowtho
11-01-2016, 11:49 AM
there should be a cloud of rain over the afflicted person for the duration of the curse, is this not visible?
it is visible cara :)

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

Terminhater
11-01-2016, 05:26 PM

@Carapace, Can you make this cloud look more like a thunder storm or have a giant pink neon light flashing over the mages head saying 'HERE HE IS!'. I'm blind as a bat.

@Avaree, thank you for you're very informative posts which I have read diligently. Hence my use of slink, I personally would've never thought of using this bloated worm, I was more than happy with breeze but you have to time your AA with this pet to ensure it has cooled down for the curse mage pt.

P.S some real good info in this thread, I like it :) on a personal note, I have used the many guides within this forum to enhance and better my gameplay over the past year or two. I would like to thank Phoenix Guild GM Serancha, Chivalrous Union GM Avaree and Elite Runners GM King Martin especially for the amazing rogue guides by Kalizzaa, and last but not least Zeus's guide on rogues hint and tips thingy he done.

Now you know the secret of my awesomeness, I've learnt from reading posts of the above mentioned.

GoodSyntax
11-01-2016, 08:45 PM
The problem with the mages, especially when you run the graveyard in a PUG, is that they are small and many times, difficult to identify. When a tank gathers up mobs (i.e., doing his/her job), sometimes these little buggers sneak into areas unnoticed and lay down a curse that can be devastating. As a trap/nox rogue, curse at any point means instant death. Yes, I see the raincloud over my head...but by then, it's too late, and I'm already dead.

How about we give them flashing neon lights so they don't get lost in the crowd? :banana:

Suentous PO
11-01-2016, 09:03 PM

Sometimes it is not, the cloud is bone colored against a mob of skeletons on top of a tan background.
It's like looking for Waldo standing on a pile of candy canes and barber poles.

HulkieBeast
11-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Curse of undead mages sounds cool for the expansion name.

Terminhater
11-01-2016, 11:12 PM
.......How about we give them flashing neon lights so they don't get lost in the crowd? :banana:

Great minds think alike :)

@Carapace,

I'm currently a dagger rogue (L46 Arc. Daggers) I got these things cos of the 35% armour debuff and crazy stun. So I see a tank pull, now I go into this melee doing auto-attacks trying to proc, all of a sudden amongst the mess of FX, lag, mostly lag, I'm dead!

That stupid curse mage was in the mob pull and you couldn't even see him or sometimes even the pillock sneaks in. I'm also a trap laying rogue too, so everytime he is hidden within a mob or sneaks his tiny boney self in, I'm lying flat on my back admiring the night sky and staring at all the wonderful constellations. Hey! Is that Ursa Major woot! I guess I better get up and join the others then -_-

That cloud is too little too late. It's like this....Oh look a cloud...DEAD!

P.S Ok I think I got this..... When this curse mage is heading towards us or amongst us, put a pink cloud above our heads (like a warning sign). When he's about to curse then turn it blue and give that guy an aura.

Cons
11-02-2016, 04:54 AM
It's not that hard, its just challenging. What I do is that when I see a dark cloud on me I immediately stop attacking, that prevents curse from damaging and killing me, and when the cloud is gone.. Hit and hit xD

About the cloud they just need to make it bigger in order for it to be noticed more easily.

Greoatef
11-02-2016, 07:19 AM
Sometimes its hard to see the cloud or the rain or anything as theres so many explosions and fireballs and fluff n stuff going on lol?!?!?!?
I tend to gather and pull mobs together as a tank, using haste set, aegis 46, and magma pet to set off the proc.
I can see the mages and archers quite clearly as i run at them, and its a team choice if i pull em all together or if we pace it down and be careful. Last night i asked the team if they wanted me to exclude the mages etc in the pull and everyone said "nahhhhh" as it slows the run down a little!

I do my best to keep the heat contained to me on the pull .....
1. Pull mobs into group
2. Bubble heal with taunt to catch team mates
3. few attacks then Jug with taunt ... which grabs most mobs attention so they attack me
4. hit magma aa setting the aegis proc off which generally makes everything explode nicely
5. hope for the best :P

All the time im on this pattern i usually spam heal pots which counteracts the archers nicely, and also helps with the mages (though they still take me out sometimes) I can stand still hitting heal pots and just let the aegis proc do its work on the mob, or run randomly amongst the mob to keep archers and mages off my tail?
This generally works well for a team unless i die of course ... then the rest of the team is at the mercy of the devils lol

If im running random maps i tend to slow things down a bit and try to only pull mobs and leave the mages isolated for ranged shot, or individual kills.

I love the fact the mew maps are a challenge as it makes the gameplay more fun ..... especially as the mob content, numbers, and position is varied a LOT .... so you cant do the normal endless blind grind like all the other maps in AL, where every single time the map is the same, mob position the same, mob numbers the same, tick tock tick tock so your brain turns off.

With the new maps you have to watch what you are doing alllllll the time?!?!?!
Running these new maps with friends and guildies is soooo much fun, we have an absolute laugh. And the few times we all die at the same time, we are like .... "meehhhhhhhh" @_@
I love pulling big mobs together, taunting them, then watching them all explode with aegis proc and magma pet ... KABOOOOMMMM .. the screen goes nuts HA HA :))
New maps are just awesome as they are ... loving em

Avaree
11-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Another thing I over looked, is if one was using a phone to play on, then yes, it would be very hard to see the mages. That would be a huge disadvantage over one who uses a tablet.

Greoatef
11-02-2016, 07:42 AM
Another thing I over looked, is if one was using a phone to play on, then yes, it would be very hard to see the mages. That would be a huge disadvantage over one who uses a tablet.

im on an itty bitty iphone screen @_@

Another thing i have noticed with the warrior class while engaging the archers and the mages, is that if you are using a dusk aegis warfare 61 and you fully charge the normal attack, you get a 15% armour boost
... now ..... this WILL stack with itself if you continuously charge your normal attack one after the other, and thus you get a constant 30% armour buff while attacking.
SO if im attacking a mage or archer i constantly use a charged normal attack with a quick CS or SS in between.
ie charge normal attack
tap CS
charge normal attack
tap SS
charge normal attack
etc etc etc
This holds my armour at around 8400 for the fight .... not sure if the high armour has anything to do with it, or maybe theres some kind of stun with it, or some glitch .... but using this technique with the odd health pot seems to almost always keep me alive?

Carapace
11-02-2016, 11:31 AM
I agree that visibility can be a bit difficult (there are a lot of bones in the graveyard).

It won't make it in for this week's update, but I will make a minor adjustment so that the undead mages will have a minor particle effect around them that helps distinguish them before a pull. It won't help a whole lot once the action starts and effects are flying, but should help identify them before the fight begins.

GoodSyntax
11-02-2016, 11:35 AM
I agree that visibility can be a bit difficult (there are a lot of bones in the graveyard).

It won't make it in for this week's update, but I will make a minor adjustment so that the undead mages will have a minor particle effect around them that helps distinguish them before a pull. It won't help a whole lot once the action starts and effects are flying, but should help identify them before the fight begins.

+1 for loco particle effects!

nightmaresmoke
11-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Skelly mages should have a skull logo on top of them so it's easy to spot since they're so tiny >_<

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

TheSandWarrior
11-02-2016, 12:45 PM
I am not saying that new map should not be hard but no mobs deserve to be more dangerous than bosses.Curse of undead mages is more dangerous than the water pool of reanimated kraxx because warrior juggernaut skill can survive the pool with life potions.The best thing warriors can do against undead mages is to use horn of renew to protect allies and then use axe throw(no pull) from a distance and of course use pet aa.

stricker20000
11-02-2016, 03:55 PM
good strategy! :) out of thanks

One thing that one needs to look at is their team mechanics. A full class party is best for these maps: a warrior who knows his skills, for instance SM with the upgrade of quaking earth, (although its only a 25% chance to stun for 3 secs), I see that skill stunning a lot of these pesky mages. If the SM q.e. fails to stun, the mage(s) are backing up the team with a charged FB, during this time the party usually receive a protective shield that stops all incoming damage for 2 secs from the tank, along with a pet that gives d.o.t immunity while the rogue(s) take out the worst of the evils first. (yes other skills are just as vital in these maps, from all classes.)
Yes I have ran with randoms in these maps to see if I was missing something, all rogue, all mage one rogue, two tanks one rogue. I see no reason why there is all this fuss over the skelie mages.
(I use the haste set on all maps.)

Enjoy the game :)

Even perfectly playing team can be wipe dout by mages in mauso since one little moment of unstunned mage and BOOM

extrapayah
11-02-2016, 05:04 PM
simply need red zone before the the spell is cast, not after

will0
11-03-2016, 04:29 AM
sorry to hijack this thread on glowstik another topic it passive stun seems nerf ... tested yesterday with 2 people whom had hatched it before.. anyone can confirm it doesnt seems to stun much and only 1 mob i believe

I have glowstik just for disclaimer sake.... just didnt hatch but slotted ..