PDA

View Full Version : 8 second interval between glowstik shields

Perceval
11-01-2016, 06:14 PM
After gaining the first glowstik shield, it takes a 8 second interval (starting after the first shield has worn off) before you can gain the shield again from another glowstik.

Why can't it just be 5 - 6 seconds like nekros shield intervals? Glowstiks shield only lasts 6 seconds compared to nekros 8 +/- second shield.

Jazzi
11-01-2016, 07:07 PM
6 seconds between nekro shields. nekro shield lasts more than 8 seconds.

I wonder if the rest of your post is anywhere near correct ;)

Perceval
11-01-2016, 07:15 PM

I wonder if you own a glowstik ;)

If there's one thing the majority of players that comment on glowstik related threads have in common. Its that they don't own the pet and just feel the need to comment ;)

Breakingbadxx
11-01-2016, 08:59 PM

Its 8 seconds dude. Get your facts right before making such comments. Your second sentence kinda made you look like a ... well, I'm sure you've realised by now.

Do you even have nekro? (-_-')

Kingofninjas
11-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Its 8 seconds dude. Get your facts right before making such comments. Your second sentence kinda made you look like a ... well, I'm sure you've realised by now.

Keep in mind this person will say just about anything to buff glow stick. He even claimed that the 95% shield was not functioning as intended. I personally tested and it in fact was. Maybe he forgot to equip his gear or was lagging.

Jazzi
11-02-2016, 04:20 AM

You should double check sir, before posting.

Nekro's shield lasts, from the moment of application on the player, about 10.5 seconds. It's cooldown is 26 seconds. The time needed between application of consecutive shields is 6 seconds. That is why having more than 2 nekros in your pt both in Pve and PvP is inefficient and unnecessary.

All the above information has been discussed on the forum numerous times. Additionally if you don't believe it, use a stopwatch and test it yourself, as I have done back in the day.

As for having nekro, I have had it since the first day of the lvl 46 (forty six) expansion...

So the OP got everything about nekro wrong, which makes it reasonable to question the correctness of the rest.

Perceval
11-02-2016, 06:16 AM
You should double check sir, before posting.

Nekro's shield lasts, from the moment of application on the player, about 10.5 seconds. It's cooldown is 26 seconds. The time needed between application of consecutive shields is 6 seconds. That is why having more than 2 nekros in your pt both in Pve and PvP is inefficient and unnecessary.

All the above information has been discussed on the forum numerous times. Additionally if you don't believe it, use a stopwatch and test it yourself, as I have done back in the day.

As for having nekro, I have had it since the first day of the lvl 46 (forty six) expansion...

So the OP got everything about nekro wrong, which makes it reasonable to question the correctness of the rest.
Its around 8 seconds mate. You just sound bored. Had a bad day perhaps? Someone roasted you well maybe? The fact that you're so focused on such a useless topic seems to make that the case. Whether you're wrong or I'm right or vice-versa, it just looks pathetic that you're so focused on 2+/- seconds (even though the time I stated is not that far off).

Anyway, this is about the 8 second interval between glowstik shields.

You keep dodging the question btw. Ill ask again, do you own a glowstik? Because you don't really have the right to question the validity of the statement of one who does and has tested it.

Keep in mind this person will say just about anything to buff glow stick. He even claimed that the 95% shield was not functioning as intended. I personally tested and it in fact was. Maybe he forgot to equip his gear or was lagging.
"He" when you don't know my gender. Tsk, tsk. I presume you don't own a glowstik from this comment.

"Forgot to equip his gear" lol.

When it doesn't work for you but it works for the 'kingofninja's' you're automatically a liar. The logic of this forum's community baffels me.

Stay on topic mate. This is about the 8 second interval of glowstik shields. Not your need to make useless comments.

- forumenemynumber1

nightmaresmoke
11-02-2016, 06:25 AM
What's the point of this thread to brag? Or share glowsticks aa?

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Perceval
11-02-2016, 06:26 AM

Read the title.

And the bafflement continues...

resurrected
11-02-2016, 06:28 AM
Nekro shield lasts 8 seconds
Cooldown before use another shield is 5 seconds. Not 6
And yes imo it should have same cd as nekros shields.

nightmaresmoke
11-02-2016, 06:29 AM
Read the title.

At the first commenter of your thread jazzi you straight said do you even own a glowstick? Confirmed brag thread.

Perceval
11-02-2016, 06:30 AM
Nekro shield lasts 8 seconds
Cooldown before use another shield is 5 seconds. Not 6
And yes imo it should have same cd as nekros shields.
Finally, someone not in a blind rage.

Thank you.

Perceval
11-02-2016, 06:32 AM
At the first commenter of your thread jazzi you straight said do you even own a glowstick? Confirmed brag thread.

Jazzi was questioning the validity of my statement. It is logical to question whether Jazzi is in possession of a glowstik and has tested the interval time between the shields. Someone who does not own one doesn't really have the right to question the accuracy of the statement of one who does and has tested it.

nightmaresmoke
11-02-2016, 06:39 AM
Jazzi was questioning the validity of my statement. It is logical to question whether Jazzi is in possession of a glowstik and has tested the interval time between the shields. Someone who does not own one doesn't really have the right to question the accuracy of the statement of one who does and has tested it.
But the following comments was even necessary? We get it you got glowstick so? Is that a reason you try to insult people just becoz he/she in your mind doesn't have a glowstick? Come on if you make a thread expect to receive all types of commenters if you can't then don't make a thread at all ty.

Breakingbadxx
11-02-2016, 06:57 AM

But the following comments was even necessary? We get it you got glowstick so? Is that a reason you try to insult people just becoz he/she in your mind doesn't have a glowstick? Come on if you make a thread expect to receive all types of commenters if you can't then don't make a thread at all ty.

Stop this guys. It clearly looks like you have a personal vandetta against the OP and it really looks disturbing. I don't think I've seen this on these forums before.

I believe its called bullying and it's against the ToS.

You should stop.

The OP is just trying to find out why Glowstik has a longer interval time between the shields than Nekro.

nightmaresmoke
11-02-2016, 07:06 AM
Stop this guys. It clearly looks like you have a personal vandetta against the OP and it really looks disturbing. I don't think I've seen this on these forums before.

You should stop.

The OP is just trying to find out why Glowstik has a longer interval time between the shields than Nekro.
If it's against TOS repeating kinda similar threads hits TOS.

nightmaresmoke
11-02-2016, 07:08 AM
Can a dev pls merge a couple of threads concerning glowtick coz a debate is going.

Breakingbadxx
11-02-2016, 07:10 AM
If it's against TOS repeating kinda similar threads hits TOS.

This thread is clearly about the interval time between glowstik shields, whereas the other thread by the same OP was about the damage reduction granted by glowstik.

What exactly are you claiming here?

Going by your first comment, it seems that you didn't even know what this thread was about but saw the OP's name and decided to make an attack.

nightmaresmoke
11-02-2016, 07:26 AM
This thread is clearly about the interval time between glowstik shields, whereas the other thread by the same OP was about the damage reduction granted by glowstik.

What exactly are you claiming here?

Going by your first comment, it seems that you didn't even know what this thread was about but saw the OP's name and decided to make an attack.
With same subject "glowstick" whatever fancy title ur thread is its still concerning one subject. Are you he's/her lawyer or something?

Vvildfire
11-02-2016, 07:43 AM

You should stop.

You're right. But it's not just these people who are at fault, the OP has quite the attitude that can spark some arguments. It would be best if they (Perceval) would moderate their attitude, as well as the others who replied.
I realize it's hard. I'm really hot headed at times too, when it comes to stuff that pisses me off... But that's not helping the discussion, try to understand that, Perceval :)

I can't time Nekro's duration right now, but I've always been told to wait 5 seconds between shields, and it's worked for me :D (although I always count slowly, since I have a tendency of starting to count with 1 instead of 0).

I don't own Glowstik, so I'll assume it's 8 seconds like OP said :) it seems pretty rough given how the shield only lasts 6 seconds (it's already difficult to make the 95-75% damage reduction really count! Or so I assume).
I haven't seen a lot of replies commenting on this, but I think it's a bit too much. Of course it could turn out to be overpowered, but I can't really tell :s

Breakingbadxx
11-02-2016, 08:39 AM
You're right. But it's not just these people who are at fault, the OP has quite the attitude that can spark some arguments. It would be best if they (Perceval) would moderate their attitude, as well as the others who replied.
I realize it's hard. I'm really hot headed at times too, when it comes to stuff that pisses me off... But that's not helping the discussion, try to understand that, Perceval :)

I can't time Nekro's duration right now, but I've always been told to wait 5 seconds between shields, and it's worked for me :D (although I always count slowly, since I have a tendency of starting to count with 1 instead of 0).

I don't own Glowstik, so I'll assume it's 8 seconds like OP said :) it seems pretty rough given how the shield only lasts 6 seconds (it's already difficult to make the 95-75% damage reduction really count! Or so I assume).
I haven't seen a lot of replies commenting on this, but I think it's a bit too much. Of course it could turn out to be overpowered, but I can't really tell :s
Agreed. No one is innocent here but it should be understood that such gang style attacks on a thread act as a trigger that results in such reactions as those shown by the OP. Especially when the comments aren't even related to the topic but some kind of personal hatred of the OP.

As you stated, most of these people aren't even commenting on the topic itself.

Schnitzel
11-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Theres so much salt in this thread.

Avaree
11-02-2016, 09:31 AM
After gaining the first glowstik shield, it takes a 8 second interval (starting after the first shield has worn off) before you can gain the shield again from another glowstik.

Why can't it just be 5 - 6 seconds like nekros shield intervals? Glowstiks shield only lasts 6 seconds compared to nekros 8 +/- second shield.

Indeed it is 8 +/- seconds between shields.
Glow has something nek dont have, that makes the 8 secs between shields necessary, is the 6 toxin pools. You can use glowstik in different ways with his aa if more than one glow is in a party (unlike 2 neks in a party)
e.g.:
1. Stack the toxin pools.
2. Add additional toxin time by using glow's aa right after the first pools disappear,
3. Time the shields.

IMO, this is what makes these two pets uniquely different.

KnowledgeFTW
11-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Nekro > Glowstik

Now stop arguing, kids.

Thread Closed :)

blazerdd
11-02-2016, 10:52 AM
You just sound bored. Had a bad day perhaps? Someone roasted you well maybe? The fact that you're so focused on such a useless topic seems to make that the case. Whether you're wrong or I'm right or vice-versa, it just looks pathetic...

The logic of this forum's community baffels me.

Not your need to make useless comments.

Finally, someone not in a blind rage.

I do not own a glowstik, and therefore have nothing to add to the original topic. I do, however, have something to add to the imposed topic brought on by yourself about the "logic" of this community. Insulting others' intellectual and/or ability to argue is not helping, proving, or introducing a valid point. Arguing for the proposed topic in an effort to persuade or prove your point is not in any way tied to flaming or any other form of "abuse". The art of argument is actually, believe it or not, without insults! So, for future advice, don't start unnecessary drama because someone else commented on your thread with a different opinion - which is actually okay to have.

PS: this community member has had 4+ years of logic.

Vvildfire
11-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Of course it could turn out to be overpowered, but I can't really tell :s

Glow has something nek dont have, that makes the 8 secs between shields necessary, is the 6 toxin pools.

Aah, I knew there was gonna be something I didn't think about >.<

Perceval
11-02-2016, 11:06 AM
I do not own a glowstik, and therefore have nothing to add to the original topic. I do, however, have something to add to the imposed topic brought on by yourself about the "logic" of this community. Insulting others' intellectual and/or ability to argue is not helping, proving, or introducing a valid point. Arguing for the proposed topic in an effort to persuade or prove your point is not in any way tied to flaming or any other form of "abuse". The art of argument is actually, believe it or not, without insults! So, for future advice, don't start unnecessary drama because someone else commented on your thread with a different opinion - which is actually okay to have.

PS: this community member has had 4+ years of logic.
The first comment started the drama mate, anyone can see that.

Not the first thread I've made that's received such poorly hidden personal background hate.

Carapace
11-02-2016, 11:18 AM
We double ran the numbers on this so here are some of the facts to help the discussion, which needs to slow down on the snarky remarks please.

Nekro Shield
- Lasts 10 seconds if not broken by damage
- 40% Damage reduction for duration
- 15 second debuff where you cannot be reshielded

Glowstik Shield
- Lasts 6 seconds if not broken by damage
- 95/75/55/35/15% Damage Reduction, each section lasts 1.2 seconds with an average damage reduction of 55% for duration

The main point of interest here is that if the entire Nekro Shield is up for the full 10 seconds, its shield is more effective than Glowstik's. If Nekro's shield is broken early by damage then Glowstik's shield is better, as the total potential mitigation of damage is much larger (by around 150% at level 61)

We don't have any plans to change Glowstik at this time.

Kingofninjas
11-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Its around 8 seconds mate. You just sound bored. Had a bad day perhaps? Someone roasted you well maybe? The fact that you're so focused on such a useless topic seems to make that the case. Whether you're wrong or I'm right or vice-versa, it just looks pathetic that you're so focused on 2+/- seconds (even though the time I stated is not that far off).

Anyway, this is about the 8 second interval between glowstik shields.

You keep dodging the question btw. Ill ask again, do you own a glowstik? Because you don't really have the right to question the validity of the statement of one who does and has tested it.

"He" when you don't know my gender. Tsk, tsk. I presume you don't own a glowstik from this comment.

"Forgot to equip his gear" lol.

When it doesn't work for you but it works for the 'kingofninja's' you're automatically a liar. The logic of this forum's community baffels me.

Stay on topic mate. This is about the 8 second interval of glowstik shields. Not your need to make useless comments.

- forumenemynumber1

No, I don't own a glowstick. But I have friends who do. Its not very hard to test. I never claimed you are a liar. But your test results directly contradict mine, and mine confirm what a dev has said on the matter, so clearly your tests have gone wrong. I even gave some reasons for that. Do not blame me if the pet you paid for doesn't live up to your standards and stop crying so much on forums like a baby.

Its hilarious how the first thing you do when someone disagrees with you is ask them if they own a glowstick. If you don't like the nature of these forums, please stay off them. I'm sure most of he community would like that.

Perceval
11-02-2016, 11:27 AM
What was this about then? ^
You've totally contradicted yourself.

No, I don't own a glowstick. But I have friends who do. Its not very hard to test. I never claimed you are a liar. But your test results directly contradict mine, and mine confirm what a dev has said on the matter, so clearly your tests have gone wrong. I even gave some reasons for that. Do not blame me if the pet you paid for doesn't live up to your standards and stop crying so much on forums like a baby.

Its hilarious how the first thing you do when someone disagrees with you is ask them if they own a glowstick. If you don't like the nature of these forums, please stay off them. I'm sure most of he community would like that.

- Your insult is in red.
- The original thread was about a potential bug (not some 'standards' to be lived up to).
- You are yet to make a comment regarding the actual topic of this thread (bafflement continues).
- How can you question the validity of something someone else owns + has tested, when you don't have it? its pretty much calling someone a liar.

Kingofninjas
11-02-2016, 03:42 PM
What was this about then? ^
You've totally contradicted yourself.

- Your insult is in red.
- The original thread was about a potential bug (not some 'standards' to be lived up to).
- You are yet to make a comment regarding the actual topic of this thread (bafflement continues).
- How can you question the validity of something someone else owns + has tested, when you don't have it? its pretty much calling someone a liar.

You realize that glow stick provides an entire team with a shield right? I had a friend give me glow stick shield and used that to test. Think a little please.

Also, there is a big difference between calling someone incorrect and calling them a liar. Please learn it.

Anyways, the cd between shields is 9 seconds assuming the shield doesn't break before hand.

What level is your glow stick. If it is anything like nekro shield, pet level influences shield strength. Maybe it hit the cap of how much damage it could absorb and they shield broke while in the 95% DR time period and the remaining unabsorbed damage one hit you.

Beoperson
11-02-2016, 04:02 PM
I have to side with Perceval here its pretty clear what this person was asking and for the people who couldn't contribute in anyway to the answer should not have commented because people like me Just trying to find out every info about a pet before thinking of purchasing would have to have read all this crap to get to the information. And for those who didn't answer and felt the need to attack for some reason get a life thank you

blazerdd
11-02-2016, 04:05 PM
I have to side with Perceval here its pretty clear what this person was asking and for the people who couldn't contribute in anyway to the answer should not have commented because people like me Just trying to find out every info about a pet before thinking of purchasing would have to have read all this crap to get to the information. And for those who didn't answer and felt the need to attack for some reason get a life thank you

You did exactly what you got mad about...

Saud
11-02-2016, 04:30 PM
*graps popcorn*

VROOMIGoRealFast
11-02-2016, 04:46 PM
If I'm not mistaken, he tested the damage reduction with me. So I can validate that he has tested the pet. The point with glowstik that Carapace is not addressing is the fact that after damage reduction falls under 55%, it is useless to have the pet with damage reduction. The reason being is that when it drops off from 55%, it's nearly similar to being unshielded. Therefore, there's enough damage to completely kill the person which therefore nullifies any average damage reduction.

The important difference between the 2 pets is when the damage comes. On average, Glowstik's shield will prevent more damage before breaking than Nekro's shield. Of course this depends on when the damage hits.

Example Case:
OP Rogue A fires a guaranteed Crit Aimed Shot with a dev weapon, attempting to deal 30,000 damage. You respond by firing off the shield from your pet.

Glowstik's Shield:
(Perfect reaction time) You have 95% damage reduction, your shield takes 1500 damage. Your shield isn't even broken. Super Yay, nerf me!
(1 second too early reaction time) You have 75% damage reduction, your shield takes 7500 damage. Your shield is broken, but you likely survived. Yay!
(Average reaction time) You have 55% damage reduction, your shield takes 13500 damage. Your shield is broken, and you're likely dead (Warriors might survive) Well the Rogue was OP at the start, so less yay.
(Bad reaction time) You're dead, way too much damage coming in. NERF ROGUES.

Nekro's Shield
(Every case) You have 40% damage reduction, your shield takes 18,000 damage. Your shield is broken, and you're dead. NERF ROGUES.

Now you can apply this to realistic damage values if you choose, but both of these cases are very reliant on whether or not your shield breaks. Like Carapace mentioned, if your opponent is already doing enough damage to break your shield, you can mitigate more damage with Glowstik. If your opponent is too weak he can't break your shield, then Nekro will mitigate more damage. If your opponent breaks your shield 1/2 the time, the pets are roughly equal.

KnowledgeFTW
11-02-2016, 06:20 PM
*graps popcorn*

Love it when people rage in forums :)

Perceval
11-02-2016, 06:40 PM
You realize that glow stick provides an entire team with a shield right? I had a friend give me glow stick shield and used that to test. Think a little please.

Also, there is a big difference between calling someone incorrect and calling them a liar. Please learn it.

Anyways, the cd between shields is 9 seconds assuming the shield doesn't break before hand.

What level is your glow stick. If it is anything like nekro shield, pet level influences shield strength. Maybe it hit the cap of how much damage it could absorb and they shield broke while in the 95% DR time period and the remaining unabsorbed damage one hit you.
1). Its 8 seconds between each shield.
2). The shield lasts 6 seconds and doesn't really break (unlike nekro, the shield duration along with the damage reduction is stated in the arcane ability description).
3). The egg is slotted on a level 61 pet.
4). The fact that it also provides a shield to allies was obvious to one who is in possession of a glowstik and has tested it.
5). Who asked for your opinion about the damage reduction?
6). Only your 3rd sentence was requested for by this thread*even though I believe it to be incorrect (none of the other sentences or even your other posts were related to this threads topic).
7). How does one deal 95% damage on a shield that reduces damage by 95%?

From the looks of it, you're the one who needs to 'think a little' and 'learn'.

Maybe a lesson in percentages while you're at it?

Beoperson
11-02-2016, 06:59 PM
You did exactly what you got mad about...

No no a dev confirmed so it's okay now XD

Kingofninjas
11-02-2016, 09:46 PM
1). Its 8 seconds between each shield.
2). The shield lasts 6 seconds and doesn't really break (unlike nekro, the shield duration along with the damage reduction is stated in the arcane ability description).
3). The egg is slotted on a level 61 pet.
4). The fact that it also provides a shield to allies was obvious to one who is in possession of a glowstik and has tested it.
5). Who asked for your opinion about the damage reduction?
6). Only your 3rd sentence was requested for by this thread*even though I believe it to be incorrect (none of the other sentences or even your other posts were related to this threads topic).
7). How does one deal 95% damage on a shield that reduces damage by 95%?

From the looks of it, you're the one who needs to 'think a little' and 'learn'.

Maybe a lesson in percentages while you're at it?

1) It's 9 seconds.
2) Okay cool.
3) Then your faulty test wasn't because of that.
4) If you are aware of that why do you make it sound like it is not possible for me to personally test without owning the pet?
5) Nobody directly asked, but it's a forum in which I am entitled to share my opinion.
6) My third sentence was "Please think a little". Did you mean third paragraph.
7) Read again. Keep in mind DR stands for damage reduction. If you still feel the need to ask this question, the answer is one simply cannot.

I think you may need to learn how to read carefully with comprehension.

epicrrr
11-03-2016, 12:06 AM
on shield topic, Glowstik and Nekros shield AA fall into the same category? Will they stack? Or you can cast glowstik's aa after nekro's aa expired?

Luciano Lobo
11-03-2016, 02:11 AM
What about the part of "heal when taking damage" of the shield? Useful? It really heals you or is another STS marketing gimmick?

Kingofninjas
11-03-2016, 02:26 AM
The important difference between the 2 pets is when the damage comes. On average, Glowstik's shield will prevent more damage before breaking than Nekro's shield. Of course this depends on when the damage hits.

Example Case:
OP Rogue A fires a guaranteed Crit Aimed Shot with a dev weapon, attempting to deal 30,000 damage. You respond by firing off the shield from your pet.

Glowstik's Shield:
(Perfect reaction time) You have 95% damage reduction, your shield takes 1500 damage. Your shield isn't even broken. Super Yay, nerf me!
(1 second too early reaction time) You have 75% damage reduction, your shield takes 7500 damage. Your shield is broken, but you likely survived. Yay!
(Average reaction time) You have 55% damage reduction, your shield takes 13500 damage. Your shield is broken, and you're likely dead (Warriors might survive) Well the Rogue was OP at the start, so less yay.
(Bad reaction time) You're dead, way too much damage coming in. NERF ROGUES.

Nekro's Shield
(Every case) You have 40% damage reduction, your shield takes 18,000 damage. Your shield is broken, and you're dead. NERF ROGUES.

Now you can apply this to realistic damage values if you choose, but both of these cases are very reliant on whether or not your shield breaks. Like Carapace mentioned, if your opponent is already doing enough damage to break your shield, you can mitigate more damage with Glowstik. If your opponent is too weak he can't break your shield, then Nekro will mitigate more damage. If your opponent breaks your shield 1/2 the time, the pets are roughly equal.

I had a quick question. If you time the glow stick AA perfectly in your scenario, the shield would be absorbing 28,500 damage and you would take 1,500 damage right? So wouldn't the shield be more likely to break at higher DR percentages because it is absorbing more damage. I say this assuming that it is possible for one to die before the shield actually breaks. I know that the shield is gone and useless once you are dead, but I am not sure if it will always have absorbed enough damage to break it before a player dies. I was under the assumption that this was how shields worked, and whether they broke or not was dependent on the amount of damage they took and not what you took. Is this not the case?

creeepycreeepy
11-03-2016, 02:40 AM
on shield topic, Glowstik and Nekros shield AA fall into the same category? Will they stack? Or you can cast glowstik's aa after nekro's aa expired?
The higher damage reduction takes over, dmg reduction doesnt stack. However the immunity to dot from glowstik and immunity to stun from nekro would stack.

Safiras
11-03-2016, 03:28 AM
I had a quick question. If you time the glow stick AA perfectly in your scenario, the shield would be absorbing 28,500 damage and you would take 1,500 damage right? So wouldn't the shield be more likely to break at higher DR percentages because it is absorbing more damage. I say this assuming that it is possible for one to die before the shield actually breaks. I know that the shield is gone and useless once you are dead, but I am not sure if it will always have absorbed enough damage to break it before a player dies. I was under the assumption that this was how shields worked, and whether they broke or not was dependent on the amount of damage they took and not what you took. Is this not the case?

yeah I was confused by this too. There is damage reduction, and then the SHIELD takes damage? Doesn't the shield provide a decremental damage reduction with time, and whatever damage left after the damage reduction is taken by the player? I was under the impression that Nekro's shield works differently because it ABSORBS damage, while Glowstik's shield REDUCES damage (there is a BIG difference). Vroom, could you clarify your post please?

Perceval
11-03-2016, 04:38 AM
1) It's 9 seconds.
2) Okay cool.
3) Then your faulty test wasn't because of that.
4) If you are aware of that why do you make it sound like it is not possible for me to personally test without owning the pet?
5) Nobody directly asked, but it's a forum in which I am entitled to share my opinion.
6) My third sentence was "Please think a little". Did you mean third paragraph.
7) Read again. Keep in mind DR stands for damage reduction. If you still feel the need to ask this question, the answer is one simply cannot.

I think you may need to learn how to read carefully with comprehension.

^ Awesome opinion that is so very related to the topic of this thread in any way imaginable.

You crack me up mate :'D

- it's 8 seconds.
- I presume since my testing is faulty, these words are coming from the mouth of a real life king that is right no matter what in his country. Sorry mate, I'm not a citizen of your country. Therefore, I say your testing is faulty.
- personal testing is done with the item itself, so when you said you didn't own the pet but tested it with a friend, it kinda contradicted what you say now.
- saying what you want on a thread is called derailing (especially when it has nothing to do with the thread).

I see you took a lesson in percentages as i suggested. Well done.

Now can you keep your posts related to this topic and not continue to trigger yourself? Someone has already stated that they have to sift through your garbage to get some information. Please stop.

I get that there are some kids out there that don't like to lose but since you were one of the instigators of this fiasco, I think it would be fair if you just didn't carry on.

VROOMIGoRealFast
11-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Both shields work identically in terms of reducing and absorbing damage :)

Kingofninjas
11-03-2016, 11:23 AM
^ Awesome opinion that is so very related to the topic of this thread in any way imaginable.

- it's 8 seconds.
- I presume since my testing is faulty, these words are coming from the mouth of a real life king that is right no matter what in his country. Sorry mate, I'm not a citizen of your country. Therefore, I say your testing is faulty.
- personal testing is done with the item itself, so when you said you didn't own the pet but tested it with a friend, it kinda contradicted what you say now.
- saying what you want on a thread is called derailing (especially when it has nothing to do with the thread).

Now can you keep your posts related to this topic and not continue to trigger yourself? Someone has already stated that they have to sift through your garbage to get some information. Please stop.

I get that there are some kids out there that don't like to lose but since you were one of the instigators of this fiasco, I think it would be fair if you just didn't carry on.

My earlier statement about percentages was fine. The reason you had difficulty understanding was because of your mediocre reading and comprehension skills.
Personal testing doesn't necessarily have to be with the item itself.
"I am not a citizen of your country. Therefore, I say your testing is faulty." Lol?
None of your replies are productive either, so I would think you are getting triggered just as much ;). Maybe you should take your own advice and stop replying first.

Breakingbadxx
11-03-2016, 12:28 PM
My earlier statement about percentages was fine. The reason you had difficulty understanding was because of your mediocre reading and comprehension skills.
Personal testing doesn't necessarily have to be with the item itself.
"I am not a citizen of your country. Therefore, I say your testing is faulty." Lol?
None of your replies are productive either, so I would think you are getting triggered just as much ;). Maybe you should take your own advice and stop replying first.
What's your problem dude? Why do you still feel the need to continue this when you clearly started it?

Please tell me what the need was for this? ^
It had "I want to start drama on this thread because the OP will surely retaliate" written all over it.

The OP even asked for you to stop clogging up this thread with your garbage just because you feel this is some competition. Get real dude.

Its the usual behavior to retaliate. Why did you feel the need to start?

The OP can really be savage lol. I feel sorry for you because he/she hasn't even loaded the gun. You should stop.

blazerdd
11-03-2016, 12:48 PM

- it's 8 seconds.

My gosh, chill.

You started the thread, and having a thread means you are going to get an opinion. Whether you agree with it or not is up to you, but it gives you no right to openly 'attack' someone else because your views differ. Even though @Kingofninjas could have handled it a little better, he was still voicing his opinion, and then was forced to defend himself from your childish attacks.

And for the record, your attitude is what has given you your "#forumenemynumber1".

nightmaresmoke
11-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Just eating my popcorn here don't wanna join the soap opera anymore lol

Kingofninjas
11-03-2016, 01:20 PM
What's your problem dude? Why do you still feel the need to continue this when you clearly started it?

Please tell me what the need was for this? ^
It had "I want to start drama on this thread because the OP will surely retaliate" written all over it.

The OP even asked for you to stop clogging up this thread with your garbage just because you feel this is some competition. Get real dude.

Its the usual behavior to retaliate. Why did you feel the need to start?

The OP can really be savage lol. I feel sorry for you because he/she hasn't even loaded the gun. You should stop.

Why are you getting involved? So far most of what the OP has come back with hasn't made much sense.

If you have such a huge issue with it please make a cry thread asking the communities opinion like you always do.

Perceval
11-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Why are you getting involved? So far most of what the OP has come back with hasn't made much sense.

If you have such a huge issue with it please make a cry thread asking the communities opinion like you always do.
The reason you're involved in this thread doesn't make sense.

https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg

And twas a good game my Lord!

Kingofninjas
11-03-2016, 02:42 PM
The reason you're involved in this thread doesn't make sense.

https://youtu.be/6JxVccQ0sbg

And twas a good game my Lord!

If you had come with proof like that then that is discussion wouldn't have been necessary. I still stand by the fact that I am not getting one comboed through glow stick shield.

illwilly
11-03-2016, 03:06 PM
We double ran the numbers on this so here are some of the facts to help the discussion, which needs to slow down on the snarky remarks please.

Nekro Shield
- Lasts 10 seconds if not broken by damage
- 40% Damage reduction for duration

Glowstik Shield
- Lasts 6 seconds if not broken by damage
- 95/75/55/35/15% Damage Reduction, each section lasts 1.2 seconds with an average damage reduction of 55% for duration

The main point of interest here is that if the entire Nekro Shield is up for the full 10 seconds, its shield is more effective than Glowstik's. If Nekro's shield is broken early by damage then Glowstik's shield is better, as the total potential mitigation of damage is much larger (by around 150% at level 61)

We don't have any plans to change Glowstik at this time.

Reposting since it seems some dont read page 2 in this thread o.o

Perceval
11-03-2016, 03:06 PM
If you had come with proof like that then that is discussion wouldn't have been necessary. I still stand by the fact that I am not getting one comboed through glow stick shield.
It just goes to show that you should be careful who you slander mate.

Can't be forgetting yer first post already sire! ^

Perceval
11-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Both shields work identically in terms of reducing and absorbing damage :)
May I ask why the shield was created in a way that allows it to be broken? The first second of the shield is the only time that it can't be broken and you are clearly aware that the majority will be unable to achieve this dr in real time.

Pnez
10-25-2017, 05:58 AM

Keep in mind noone can hear what ur saying becuz NO CHINESE

Lawpvp
10-25-2017, 08:35 AM
Keep in mind noone can hear what ur saying becuz NO CHINESE

Keepin mind, this thread is from a year ago. And u necroing 1 year old threads is pointless and clutters the general discussion for anybody else. Use your brain a ittle bit

Obooo
10-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Generally, just avoid using two nekros at the same time, or two glowsticks at the same time in a map. Talk with your party. If you see duplication, just change to other pets , such as nilbog or ss.

mrm
10-25-2017, 01:42 PM
Keepin mind, this thread is from a year ago. And u necroing 1 year old threads is pointless and clutters the general discussion for anybody else. Use your brain a ittle bit
It was not pointless!Cmon admit it you enjoyed reading the drama