PDA

View Full Version : Paracelsus' Spikes

Kaziscate
11-03-2016, 02:11 AM
Paracelsus is the hardest event boss in Arcane Legends. For a high tier event boss though, isn't he a bit too annoying? I mean he is definitely beatable,but theres just an issue with this boss that makes him unreasonable damage wise, which is the spikes. These can be dodged if you keep moving,but theres just way too many and you don't have enough time to react if you are standing still if you are using a close range weapon like staffs. I understand that there always will be annoying things in games,but when you have to deal with it over and over while you are grinding, that just makes grinding a bit more unpleasant and a little more rage inducing and i play to have a pleasent grinding experience and not an ankh wasting festival. What should fix the spikes for future events is to:
1. Instead of 3 spikes per player,just keep them at 1 per player.
2.Increase the time it takes for spikes to deploy so that players have enough time to react and move out of the way.
3.If points 1 and 2 want to be kept,then please don't make them one shot players.

Vvildfire
11-04-2016, 07:48 AM
I've had to solo Para a few times on low levels, and here's what I got from it:
Paracelsus spawns spikes at very regular intervals. As soon as the spikes pop out of the ground, you usually get stunned if you're close to him. Figure out the right timing, and when you know the spikes are about to come get away from him, and from other players, prepare your horn or shield.
As a curious fact, he also spawns the skeletons at regular intervals (exactly an SNS cooldown, how convenient!).

... I realize it really isn't that much advice, I'm sorry. (let alone the fact that the event is over xD)
But I found that knowing when he's gonna spike turned out to be quite helpful. Hope it will be of use! ...Next year ^^

I think they just want to leave it quite challenging and not just make it a matter of how high your hp/armor is. That's fine by me! (hides all discarded empty ankh crates)