PDA

View Full Version : Drop rate of glyph is to low

Crytodeath
09-24-2011, 01:56 PM
i already use almost 10 elixir x4 and i only got 1 nuri glyph cloth . . . this is to low . . and the item in cs is to expensive . . plz increase the drop rate

LwMark
09-24-2011, 02:09 PM
they wont..i think

JulsAngel
09-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Extremely low I say....... :cold:

Nourish
09-24-2011, 02:38 PM
That's the point...

Gracious
09-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Definitely the point..

Kingofhurtz
09-24-2011, 02:45 PM
There's no such thing as a too low drop rate.

Piosidon
09-24-2011, 02:47 PM
There's no such thing as a too low drop rate.
Yes there is. I'm pretty sure 1% would be kinda low

Cytokinesis
09-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes there is. I'm pretty sure 1% would be kinda low
im pretty sure the glyph and sewer drop rates r lower than that... :p

stevieoopsie
09-24-2011, 02:49 PM
If everyone had it it wouldnt be a valued item any more

nmyxspaceship
09-24-2011, 02:51 PM
I think you just need to put a little more effort in to this. PERSERVERENCE IS THE KEY! lol thats really all it is.

saool
09-24-2011, 03:03 PM
I played at circus one whole week and still got junk pinks. Hardly if never any int pinks. :(

Flickz
09-24-2011, 03:04 PM
If everyone had it it wouldnt be a valued item any more The value is to high anyways does it make sence that a helm of obedience costs 2 mill? You shouldnt be able to but 14 elixers and only get good two drops

nmyxspaceship
09-24-2011, 03:10 PM
but it just takes a little work Ive gotten 4 glyph armor drops and a bracer and im only 56.

Cahaun
09-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Anything is too high now. There are people calling 225k cheap! I never got passed 100k in my own life. I think just increasing the drop rate just a little bit will do just right.

Flickz
09-24-2011, 03:19 PM
but it just takes a little work Ive gotten 4 glyph armor drops and a bracer and im only 56. Why does your level even matter? Ive gone from level 54-58 at nuris and have nothing to show for it except stuff i bought..

Nourish
09-24-2011, 03:20 PM
The reason the low drop rate is to show you worked for it. Wether that means buying it or farming your bem off.

Gluttony
09-24-2011, 03:36 PM
The value is to high anyways does it make sence that a helm of obedience costs 2 mill? You shouldnt be able to but 14 elixers and only get good two drops

The helm doesn't drop much so it's value is increased, think of how much new electronics cost when there are "shortages" when they launch. If you can't find the item anywhere then you're much more likely to pay a crazy amount when you finally find one in stock.

Drops are random, just because you paid for 14 elixirs shouldn't guarantee you a legendary item. Statements like this make it sound like you think you should just be able to buy your way through the game. The game is already geared towards plat purchases making your life easier (buffed stats, easy crafting, mageless revives) now you expect a glyph drop simply because you bought elixirs?! It's not practical to expect something extra on top of what you paid for, I know that STS is trying to cater to everyone but asking for a free glyph item simply because you purchased elixirs is too much. You got 2 "good" drops in 14 elixirs plus all the experience, kills, and gold that came from those high powered runs.

ocagrevy
09-24-2011, 04:31 PM
i already use almost 10 elixir x4 and i only got 1 nuri glyph cloth . . . this is to low . . and the item in cs is to expensive . . plz increase the drop rate

Like stated before buying elixer doesnt mean u get a pink drop. And not trying to rude but 10 4x isnt that many. I see at least 2 glyph drop a day and had 10 my self. Seems like you may need to grind harder

Ixillicus
09-24-2011, 04:35 PM
It's how it goes. Remember that these items are designed to be rare, elusive and expensive.

mugen
09-24-2011, 04:37 PM
I played at circus one whole week and still got junk pinks. Hardly if never any int pinks. :(

Just look at it this way, how much exp did you earn while doing this?
You farmed exp at the same time!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flickz
09-24-2011, 05:13 PM

Cytokinesis
09-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Dude shut up...read what i said. I said you shouldn't be able to use that many elixers and only get two drops because thats what the maker of the thread stated, i dont buy elixers so dont come like oh your tryna buy your way threw the game, no im not what would the point of that be. AND WHEN DID I ASK FOR FREE ANYTHING??? god some people smh...
elixirs only let get a chance of a REROLL not another chance of getting a pink

Flickz
09-24-2011, 05:19 PM
dude shut up...read what i said. I said you shouldn't be able to use that many elixers and only get two drops because thats what the maker of the thread stated, i dont buy elixers so dont come like oh your tryna buy your way threw the game, no im not what would the point of that be. And when did i ask for free anything??? God some people smh...
elixirs only let get a chance of a reroll not another chance of getting a pink i didnt use elixers too do anything stop quoting me

Pakax
09-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Easy guys - we all can understand the frustration of not dropping a single valuable item for ages despite playing hard and grinding through the maps with pots or no pots. It can be frustrating but ultimately, this is also the precise reason we play. We play for that moment when your screen illuminates with pink and when you scan quickly to check the word GLYPH is there ! When it's there, it's like magic ! you scan again to confirm you did not dream and then when you recover your breatth you stop playing for a sec, check your inventory, go to CS to check prices if this is not something you wanted for your toon, check the price of the stuff you want, etc. You get excited because they are rare. rare = low drop rate.

Keep getting frustrated. At some point, that GLYPH word is going to appear.

Fatpigwarrior
09-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Drop rate is perfect as it is, items were meant to cost that much

Whirlzap
09-24-2011, 06:22 PM
I guess if you wanted to complain it would be me.
56-60, no glyph. Just 35 crappy pinks.
Then one Glyph Charmin Hood.
Then 10 more crappy pinks.
Then yesterday, everyone in my farming party got a Glyph except me.
Seen over 50 glyphs drop, gotten 1, seen over 300 crappy pinks drop, got 45 of them.
I record EVERY single pink drop in Nuri from 56-60.
I can prove that I did much more farming and had very little luck.
It is ironic how people who farm a lot never get anything good but people who do occasional runs get a lot.

Whirlzap
09-24-2011, 06:23 PM
i didnt use elixers too do anything stop quoting me
He can quote whomever he wants to.
Just try to keep your words inside yourself and use some grammar while posting.
Sheeshzzz

Xazic
09-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Drop rates are not too low at all... Actually several people are already complaining it is "too high" and that "the legendary items aren't legendary"! I would shush if i was you :shame:

Hankomachos
09-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I think the drop rates for glyph are almost equivalent to balefort sewers. That and it''s all based on luck. I think its better that they drop less; it keeps them rare and you feel a little satisfaction when one does drop. :D

JFelt8
09-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Drop rate here is great compared to sewers, atleast for me. From the time sewers came out till nuris lvl cap I got 8 pinks total. So that's like what 7 months of farming 3-4 hrs a day and got nothing but cheap pinks. My luck there was horrible. Nuris came out I got 4 glyph in 2 days. So to me nuris drop rate is better, either that or my luck is.

pastrychef
09-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Drop rate seems fine. Increase it and the value of current gear will drop. It wouldn't be fair to devalue the gear that people have purchased so far.

Those who complain prices are too high don't have a grasp for the concept of supply and demand. Some will refuse to pay current prices, choosing to continue playing with inferior equipment instead. They may end up paying less for a glyph set later, but, in the meantime, they may die more and/or kill less due to their desire to save a bit. It's a judgement call on whether improving your character justifies spending a little more today vs keeping inferior gear on your character to save a bit.

Ellyidol
09-24-2011, 08:17 PM
It's meant to be low, IMO.

Look at it this way, yes buying them is costly, but selling them is very profitable as well.

Gluttony's argument is right, you shouldn't base your luck on how many elixirs you use, especially since drop rates are totally random and luck-based. If you continue using that argument, the game could also require you to use elixirs to even get a chance for glyph items, right?

Patricks
09-24-2011, 08:21 PM
It's meant to be low, IMO.

Look at it this way, yes buying them is costly, but selling them is very profitable as well.

Gluttony's argument is right, you shouldn't base your luck on how many elixirs you use, especially since drop rates are totally random and luck-based. If you continue using that argument, the game could also require you to use elixirs to even get a chance for glyph items, right?

Well, to be fair, basing your luck on elixirs isn't COMPLETELY wrong since elixirs include increase in luck? :)

Aki
09-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Well, to be fair, basing your luck on elixirs isn't COMPLETELY wrong since elixirs include increase in luck? :)

I don't think it increases your luck, all it does is give you a chance to re-roll.

Ellyidol
09-24-2011, 08:28 PM

Technically, yes. But given the low drop rate and the additional chance of that luck elixir working, it should be very insignificant. Personally, in my roughly 40 hours of 4X elixirs in Nuri's, not once have I re-rolled to a glyph.

Haowesie
09-24-2011, 09:46 PM
The reason the low drop rate is to show you worked for it. Wether that means buying it or farming your bem off.

Although I get demotivated sometimes, but I do agree with this... Make sure you play and enjoy! Do something different... Keep going, and have fun doing it!

saool
09-24-2011, 10:20 PM
True I got to 60 :D farming for something I never got lol (pinks)

Neffy
09-25-2011, 12:21 AM
I understand you may find it unfair but I have a little motivation and discouragement for you.
For motivation, my in-game friend got cloth and hood in one drop. (Says her.)
For discouragement, my IRL friend got cloth his first hour of farming. (I'm not 100% sure if he farmed it or bought it but I've seen it on his char ingame and irl so idk. He might have bought it but I don't think so because he was kinda poor when he "farmed it".

modredd
09-25-2011, 01:01 AM
I went from 60-61 100,000 exp and did not win one?
i would say that is more then rare,I still had fun but thats alot of games and only saw one drop and the guy got it walking in the room w/o so much as lifting a finger,He laughed and left?
so is life.

Riccits
09-25-2011, 05:36 AM
anyone noticed that drop rate was lowered again since last update?

"trash pinks" are rare as glpyhs now

Ellyidol
09-25-2011, 05:39 AM
anyone noticed that drop rate was lowered again since last update?

"trash pinks" are rare as glpyhs now

Yes, as far as trash pinks are concerned, I haven't seen one. For glyph, no idea, haven't farmed that long actually.. Lol.

Much rarer trash pinks now.

ScarecrowWolf
09-25-2011, 05:44 AM
Im almost lvl 57 and im still wearing the crappy cleaners gemstone armor.

The elixers hardly increase your luck. I think if you are willing to spend real money for the game, the chance if getting a good pink should be like 1:10 chance.

Ellyidol
09-25-2011, 05:48 AM
The elixers hardly increase your luck. I think if you are willing to spend real money for the game, the chance if getting a good pink should be like 1:10 chance.

Luck elixirs are misunderstood to meaning direct increase in drop rate for pinks, which it isn't.

Using elixirs already gives you an advantage in getting more pinks indirectly.

Elixir usage = faster runs = more chances for a pink.

Riccits
09-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Yes, as far as trash pinks are concerned, I haven't seen one. For glyph, no idea, haven't farmed that long actually.. Lol.

Much rarer trash pinks now.

instead the trash pinks now seems to drop the crafting materials wich can be selled for 100-300k. so iam happy atm :)

Ellyidol
09-25-2011, 05:49 AM
instead the trash pinks now seems to drop the crafting materials wich can be selled for 100-300k. so iam happy atm :)

Wow, the crafting materials drop that often? By trash pinks you mean the non-glyph pinks right? They used to drop quite often at times.

Gluttony
09-25-2011, 05:50 AM

I keep reading this and don't understand why players believe it, luck elixir doesn't actually increase your luck of getting a pink. They give a percentage of a change to get a re-roll, the re-roll if successful will grant the player better loot. For instance a green may change to a purple or purple to pink, but the elixir itself doesn't increase the chances or rarity of drops alone. At least that is how I understand it, if someone has a better (more accurate) explanation be my guest.

Riccits
09-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Wow, the crafting materials drop that often? By trash pinks you mean the non-glyph pinks right? They used to drop quite often at times.

max a bit lower than trash pinks. but yeah, i c drop a lot and got like 6-8 (normally would get as much trash pinks in same time) since yesterday and a glpyh recipe. but rarley saw a glyph item drop...

flyingscv
09-25-2011, 08:31 AM
You don't need to wear glyph to get to 61, stop whining seriously anyone who complains. If your skills are good, you can go through nuri using sewer gear. Same for sewers, no need for elite pinks. Common orange more than adequate. Also for those who think glyph are rediculouely priced, no one will be able to sell them at the current price if they weren't selling! No luck learn to merch.

Aikiebo
09-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Easy guys - we all can understand the frustration of not dropping a single valuable item for ages despite playing hard and grinding through the maps with pots or no pots. It can be frustrating but ultimately, this is also the precise reason we play. We play for that moment when your screen illuminates with pink and when you scan quickly to check the word GLYPH is there ! When it's there, it's like magic ! you scan again to confirm you did not dream and then when you recover your breatth you stop playing for a sec, check your inventory, go to CS to check prices if this is not something you wanted for your toon, check the price of the stuff you want, etc. You get excited because they are rare. rare = low drop rate. Pakax

Keep getting frustrated. At some point, that GLYPH word is going to appear.

Very nicely stated. I know it can be bit frustrating when long time tween pink drops. But ifyou keep at it, it will happen.

Aikiebo
09-25-2011, 01:00 PM
I guess if you wanted to complain it would be me.
56-60, no glyph. Just 35 crappy pinks.
Then one Glyph Charmin Hood.
Then 10 more crappy pinks.
Then yesterday, everyone in my farming party got a Glyph except me.
Seen over 50 glyphs drop, gotten 1, seen over 300 crappy pinks drop, got 45 of them.
I record EVERY single pink drop in Nuri from 56-60.
I can prove that I did much more farming and had very little luck.
It is ironic how people who farm a lot never get anything good but people who do occasional runs get a lot.

Wow, sorry to hear about ur run if luck. I'm sure it will improve. I hope so. Gl!

Aikiebo
09-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Make sure you play and enjoy! Do something different... Keep going, and have fun doing it!

This is some of the best advice on this thread. Every word of it is gold.

Edit: actually, this is the best advice on this thread.

Aikiebo
09-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Im almost lvl 57 and im still wearing the crappy cleaners gemstone armor.

Hi! The chances of getting glyph is lot lower. I think that op said he used 10 elixrs and got one glyph bp. That actually is awesome. He's very lucky. Cuz, not too many players gonna get a glyph every 10 hours of play. You'd have a set in 1 - 3 days. That not gonna happen too often.

I think he is just frustrated cuz it does take a while, sometimes long while to get what your hoping to get. Some say it takes a lot of work. I don't look at it as work. It is more that it takes a lot if hours of fun to get the gear you want.

Anyways, I hope op's luck continues to be good and he gets the gear he is dreaming of.

Aperfecte
09-25-2011, 01:22 PM
After 3 weeks of farming I finally saw the word L60 Glyph Auto-Crossbow of Obedience.

Guess it's my lucky day.

Aikiebo
09-25-2011, 01:55 PM
You don't need to wear glyph to get to 61, stop whining seriously anyone who complains. If your skills are good, you can go through nuri using sewer gear. Same for sewers, no need for elite pinks. Common orange more than adequate. Also for those who think glyph are rediculouely priced, no one will be able to sell them at the current price if they weren't selling! No luck learn to merch.

Edit: Nobody is whining. Sometimes players feel frustrated cuz they wish they could get better gear faster.

Mmo's create a culture where just 'bout everyone wants the best gear possible. Lots of reasons for that. One reason, is great gear can make a diff in game play. Read what Pastrychef said earlier in this thread.

Another reason: a lot of times players who think "there all that" look down on players who are, for w/e reason, wearing junk and get all judgemental. Unfortuneately, many players judge other players by the gear they are wearing. Lots of players brag about actually booting players who aren't wearing "good enough" gear.

There are many, many other reasons why great gear is dreamed of by so many.

Even tho, you are "whining and complaining" about the "whining and complaining", I agree with a lot of what your saying. A player doesn't have to have the absolute best gear to get thru a campaign, any campaign. That's kinda obvious -- cuz the absolute best is rare. So, if only those with the best gear could succeed, then only a few would finish the game. That would be awful. Obviously, a mmo is not designed like that.

Famous quote: luck favors the prepared mind.

Aikiebo
09-25-2011, 02:00 PM
After 3 weeks of farming I finally saw the word L60 Glyph Auto-Crossbow of Obedience.

Guess it's my lucky day.

Wow! Grats.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure if you guys knew this, and sorry if this comes off rude, but farming is supposed to be HARD. That's why you have to do many, many runs to get the items. (Not advertising) You know how long me and my old guildies from WoW would farm? Weeks. Weeks of farming to get an item. And it usually was only one person. Not to be messed up but SOME people in PL don't know what real farming is. It's difficult. It's actually really easy in PL.

Cahaun
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
I made a guide about grinding in the SL general discussion section. I would have a link but this is from my mobile.
Its called "GUIDE: tips and hints for grinding" it is helping me start to lvl to 31 in SL. it should help a bit for anyone. I think now that the drop rate is good and is supposed to make players aspire to get them.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I made a guide about grinding in the SL general discussion section. I would have a link but this is from my mobile.
Its called "GUIDE: tips and hints for grinding" it is helping me start to lvl to 31 in SL. it should help a bit for anyone. I think now that the drop rate is good and is supposed to make players aspire to get them.
Umm, kind of irrelevant. :(

ooommmggg
09-25-2011, 04:59 PM
yea, increased drop rates would help some players but hurt others :(

izzyornot
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Not so much flame please hey i got one nuri piece from 55 to 61. A 58 glyph obi armor, these guys are right drop rates being low is a good thing it keeps ya wanting it more. And lixers lol i bet i have farmed since 61 20 plus 4x. So just keep at it you will get what you want if you want it bad enough you just wont get it when you want it. Or farm easier drop items and sell lots of ways to make gold. Keep at it!

Neffy
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I think it should stay where it's at.

RedRyder
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Maybe it should be dropped a percent or two. But I think it's pretty safe to say it's staying the same :/
Drop rates for sewers weren't changed (at least I dont think so) when players started complaining about it.

Kossi
09-25-2011, 06:30 PM
i want the rates to go lower
i hate seeing everyone in glyph

Neffy
09-25-2011, 06:32 PM
You should work on how you approach things.

Cahaun
09-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Umm, kind of irrelevant. :(
Actually it creates patience. That is kinda related to the drop rate a bit. You need patience to keep at it and not give up to get that pink you always wanted. :)

Neffy
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Maybe it should be dropped a percent or two. But I think it's pretty safe to say it's staying the same :/
Drop rates for sewers weren't changed (at least I dont think so) when players started complaining about it.
People complain they don't have the best, top notch gear far too often. People don't realize it's supposed to be this way.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Actually it creates patience. That is kinda related to the drop rate a bit. You need patience to keep at it and not give up to get that pink you always wanted. :)
Yeah, but not when you're posting things about SL in the PL thread. Wasn't trying to cause conflict or anything, just saying. ^.^

Cahaun
09-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Yeah, but not when you're posting things about SL in the PL thread. Wasn't trying to cause conflict or anything, just saying. ^.^
Oh I agree with you. Its just that I haven't moved it to the PL section yet. It works for both. >.<
Thanks for keeping the peace :)

Neffy
09-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Oh I agree with you. Its just that I haven't moved it to the PL section yet. It works for both. >.<
Oh, no problem. I try to keep my little tussles out of the forums and if something happens, I keep it in private messages to resolve them in peace.
Well you could copy/paste it if it doesn't have so many SL references that you'd have to correct it with the proper PL terms and that could help a lot of people. But other than that, put it in your signature and say it works for both games. :)

Aikiebo
09-25-2011, 06:55 PM
i want the rates to go lower
i hate seeing everyone in glyph

How awful.

TitanFusion
09-25-2011, 06:59 PM

Like stated before buying elixer doesnt mean u get a pink drop. And not trying to rude but 10 4x isnt that many. I see at least 2 glyph drop a day and had 10 my self. Seems like you may need to grind harder

Lol that's what she said....

Cahaun
09-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh, no problem. I try to keep my little tussles out of the forums and if something happens, I keep it in private messages to resolve them in peace.
Well you could copy/paste it if it doesn't have so many SL references that you'd have to correct it with the proper PL terms and that could help a lot of people. But other than that, put it in your signature and say it works for both games. :)
Wow good idea! Thanks :)
The SL references were my examples. I'm going to put in a few PL ones now.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Wow good idea! Thanks :)
The SL references were my examples. I'm going to put in a few PL ones now.
Glad I could help! And I'll have to check it out. I might learn something. :D

Zeus
09-25-2011, 09:30 PM
I have a world renown solution for all your problems. Sir, it is time to get yourself a sugar daddy or sugar momma. It's what we have all been doing. ;)

Otukura
09-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I have a world renown solution for all your problems. Sir, it is time to get yourself a sugar daddy or sugar momma. It's what we have all been doing. ;)

Jealous D:

Neffy
09-25-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm not even sure what this mean, to be honest. What the heck.

Zeus
09-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Jealous D:

You must not have a sugar momma. :P

@Neffy It means they will buy you all your stuff so you don't need to complain about the drop rate.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 09:48 PM

@Neffy It means they will buy you all your stuff so you don't need to complain about the drop rate.
Oh. Well then I don't want one. I'm not into buying my way through the game. In all honesty, I love farming. Lmao.

Otukura
09-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh. Well then I don't want one. I'm not into buying my way through the game. In all honesty, I love farming. Lmao.

Oh... I used to be that way... but now... I just want gear so I can PvP. The level cap raise is just annoying; makes me go grind.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Oh... I used to be that way... but now... I just want gear so I can PvP. The level cap raise is just annoying; makes me go grind.
Well unless I have missed a thread stating so, I would think the level cap will raise eventually. I think it should raise to 80 or so. At least 70.

Otukura
09-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Well unless I have missed a thread stating so, I would think the level cap will raise eventually. I think it should raise to 80 or so. At least 70.
Course it will. Never said it wouldn't

Slush
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
I liked the drops rates of the first day nuri's came out...and the first day sandstone caves came out...and the first day shadow caves came out...notice the trend?

flyingscv
09-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Dude, I never said OP is whining. I said Anyone whining should stop so I'm also with you on this. I wear crap gear not because i can't afford the best, but because I don't think I want to spend that much. If I get good gear I just sell it lol

Op isn't whining. He just expressing his frustration cuz he wishes he could get better gear faster.

Mmo's create a culture where just 'bout everyone wants the best gear possible. Lots of reasons for that. One reason, is great gear can make a diff in game play. Read what Pastrychef said earlier in this thread.

Another reason: a lot of times players who think "there all that" look down on players who are, for w/e reason, wearing junk and get all judgemental. Unfortuneately, many players judge other players by the gear they are wearing. Lots of players brag about actually booting players who aren't wearing "good enough" gear.

Even tho, you are "whining and complaining" about the "whining and complaining", I agree with a lot of what your saying. A player doesn't have to have the absolute best gear to get thru a campaign, any campaign. That's kinda obvious -- cuz the absolute best is rare. So, if only those with the best gear could succeed, then only a few would finish the game. That would be awful. Obviously, a mmo is not designed like that.

flyingscv
09-27-2011, 05:53 AM

I use that line on every beggar who approaches me in game - "what are YOU giving me in exchange?" I don't mind supporting PYTs..

Rare
09-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Things must have changed for you. I saw you had a couple Glyph Armor OBEs for sale on CS.

ATL

Aikiebo
09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Dude, I never said OP is whining. I said Anyone whining should stop so I'm also with you on this. I wear crap gear not because i can't afford the best, but because I don't think I want to spend that much. If I get good gear I just sell it lol

Op isn't whining. He just expressing his frustration cuz he wishes he could get better gear faster.

You're right. I didn't read your post carefully enough. So I edited my post a bit.

I don't see any need to change the drop rates. The op had a bit of good luck in fact. Sometimes, if people don't have tons and tons of farming experience they may not realize how long it can take and the randomness of it all.

flyingscv
09-28-2011, 03:08 AM
I'm with you on this. Its human nature to want to be different, to have exclusivity. Making the best gear rare rewards those who work really hard in game. Somehow I think f the reverse is true, ie glyph drops are a dime a dozen, you get even more unhappy ppl.

Neffy
09-28-2011, 03:10 AM
So you got some Glyph OBEs? Very good!

csb
09-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Why does your level even matter? Ive gone from level 54-58 at nuris and have nothing to show for it except stuff i bought..

Same here... I consider it the same as pounding sand, so i don't even try. I put a limited amount of time into the game, since its pretty hopeless to think i could farm a full set of glyph.

I could play 24/7 for a month to get a glyph set, or I can do other things. I choose to do other things.

Swimmingstar
09-28-2011, 03:05 PM
They secretly changed the drop rates for everything but glyph items in a patch. The glyph items were not changed and are still the same rate which is probably around as rare as good sewer pinks. don't worry though prices will drop a lot when people farm more. The price will also change really low when a new higher level map comes out. You still get experience points unless you disable or you are already level 61. Actually that is good luck. Elixirs are proven to not boost luck by much at all and me myself along with many others have not ever gotten a glyph pink or successfully sold a new pink that is actually worth something. So that proves that YOU ARE LUCKY!

Neffy
09-28-2011, 03:08 PM
I like the feeling of working my butt off for a great item and end up getting a/the great item by farming. Even if buying the item you want, it's still a great source of the wonderful taste known as satisfaction. :)

Rare
09-29-2011, 08:21 AM
I like the feeling of working my butt off for a great item and end up getting a/the great item by farming. Even if buying the item you want, it's still a great source of the wonderful taste known as satisfaction. :)

Yeah, I especially love when I do over 100 runs and get no glyph. Then I see someone get two glyphs back to back on successive runs.

Congrats Applemartinii. I'm totally jealous. I hate you. j/k. I never have had that kind of luck in game.

ATL