PDA

View Full Version : Make All Items Vanity Convertable

blaze5786
11-06-2016, 10:49 PM
My Claim: Please make all items (rare-epic-legendary-mythic-arcane/weapon-armour-accessories) vanity convertable.

Why?: As items with great stats and looks are constantly being outdated by better ones, I want to suggest this idea to give such
useless items some light. I am also a collector of items from across past seasons and would crave the idea of making them "vanity
convertable".

How?: For a start, these items should be treated differently from normal vanities by being untradeable although they belong to the
vanity section of personal inventory. My idea is to give the option of converting item to vanity to an alchemist NPC. The price for
this transformation can be in terms of gold or story tokens perhaps. I understand that a few items from legendary to mythic/arcane
bracket weapons already have vanity counterparts that are tradeable, therefore transformed items that don't already have
counterparts should be untradeale when transformed and treated for personal use. Whether this transformation can be reversible back
to item form is something to think about, a high price tag to this option maybe? KEY - transformed item = normal item converted
to its vanity form.

Say you are using the devourer bow as a level 10 rogue in pvp but want to use the looks of a weaker item in your inventory other
than a typical vanity (for example the recently released shale recurve bow or the thunderous eagle talon bow). This type of
transformation will be legal as they are both of the same weapon type. IMPORTANT: The items you want to convert to vanity should
still keep its level lock. So a level 10 rogue will not be able to wear a transformed eagle talon bow if it's a level 13 version.

Examples: Talespinners were once a prize with story tokens until they were removed as the players of the game only target the items
with best stats and they were completely useless. Cool legendary bows in bow-chests purchaseable for platinum have attrocious stats
compared with latest gear and are outclassed, serving no purpose. The majority of angry players in the game end up with weak types
when specfic gear is looted - for example you hope for ancient druid "potency" but end up with ancient druid "force". Owners of old
himingleva mythic sets will all hope for a future use. Founder players who use typical gear with high stats but never get to show
off their forerunner set. Some players are too poor to afford certain vanities they like. The rusty blades in your inventory can be
a simplistic decoy of a weapon in pvp, hiding deadly arcane corrupted daggers from unexpecting kill farmers. The vampire amulet or
winter star ring have awesome effects but are always replaced by better items with better stats.

THE SOLUTION *make them vanity convertable*

This is my second time raising this idea, I would appreciate support to push customization to another level in Arcane Legends.

Thank you

blazerdd
11-06-2016, 11:55 PM
There was a quote somewhere by a dev, and essentially the response was it is far too tedious to do. They have to individually code each vanity. So, its this, or updates in 2017.

blaze5786
11-21-2016, 02:37 AM
Bump. Have developers started on this..?

Kakashis
11-22-2016, 06:41 AM
Do you really want to spend an Arcane shard for every item to become vanity?

blaze5786
11-25-2016, 02:03 AM
Story tokens sound reasonable...

Schnitzel
11-25-2016, 03:53 PM
Do you really want to spend an Arcane shard for every item to become vanity?

Knowing how this game is going with items to vanities, it'll most likely require an arcane shard, and if you're broke, you can kiss those dreams goodbye! :D

blaze5786
11-27-2016, 11:22 PM
How many arcane shards? I should start hoarding shards

Sandeeep
12-08-2016, 08:53 AM
made this thread several times,
see if this idea works out for u...

step1. buy item : empty vanity weapon holder (plat exclusive item, seen under vanities, equipable in vanitie section) similar items include {empty vanity armor holder, empty vanity helm holder}

step2. take any already existing wep/gear of any lvl and slot it into the vanity holder., this changes the name from vanity weapon/gear holder -> "wep/gear name" vanity.

step3. equip.

slotting the wep/gear into holder is similar to how the furniture item flag and wep holders work

dev mod. step 1.5(an extra step btw step 1 and step 2) : u need to craft, empty vanity wep/gear holder + (dev chosen item) to craft -> vanity holder.... continues with step 2.

blaze5786
12-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Sorry I don't get it but thanks for the input. I hope developers will make this happen one day.

My most important idea however is any existing wep/gear must keep its level lock when converting to vanity as many items have drastic changes in worth by their level.