PDA

View Full Version : What DEX Birds really are.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 12:06 AM
This is no way, shape, or form a flame thread considering I have a full dex bird and it's my favorite character.
But for all of you who don't have one, I must share with you what it is like. Most people who go to sewers, or higher, don't use too many pots, correct? Now let me tell you about us dex birds. Us dex birds use thousands of pots when we farm. And when I said thousands I mean thousands. It is ridiculous. Last night I used around 2.7k pots farming. And I was only farming frozen nightmare! (I was doing this because my friend had just purchased it because apparently he's a master freaking farmer.) And he was wondering why I had to keep leaving every two hours to get more pots. This is such a ridiculous feeling.
If you're a dex bird or have ever used a dex bird then please share your feeling and experiences. I'll share my experience after tonight is over. 250 plat to burn through with elixirs! ;)

Fatpigwarrior
09-25-2011, 12:11 AM
I go through about 1k a week lol but I'm str dex

Neffy
09-25-2011, 12:13 AM
I go through about 1k a week lol but I'm str dex
In a WEEK? Jesus, I go through that an hour or two. o.O

Ellyidol
09-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Is this in a fixed group or random groups?

You might need a better tank, IMO. Personal goal when I'm on bear is to try and avoid the birds/mages from getting damaged since they're very potentially one-shottable.

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-25-2011, 12:21 AM
I go through about 400 health pots everyday if Im farming. So about 2.8k a week. Sometimes mages dont heal fast enough and sometimes if your full dex you have the most dps and the draws boss aggro its either pot or watch your death count go up.

Gluttony
09-25-2011, 12:25 AM
It all depends on setup, I know that I enjoy using a talon/shield combo so my pot usage is minimal. The RR talon set is what I'm using until I stumble upon some glyph items, so my mana pot usage is pretty high but nowhere near thousands. Some maps I can start a map with 25 pots and don't have to use any for the entire night, but when I run with pugs I stock up to 200 of each and that should suffice. Now for a 2H weapon such as a recurve or xbow then 400 pots a night loss sounds reasonable to me. Granted I die quite a bit based on trying to conserve my pot usage recently due to the new health bar; I cannot gauge how much hp I have left at all. I can say based on a few situations that I understand how one could burn through the pots, most sets don't have H/s or M/s and if they do the damage takes a massive hit (Sewer King set comes to mind), so the archer's skills cause a them to be a mana sink while the squishy character of the avian drains their hp just as fast.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Is this in a fixed group or random groups?

You might need a better tank, IMO. Personal goal when I'm on bear is to try and avoid the birds/mages from getting damaged since they're very potentially one-shottable.
Well this occasion was in a fixed group. But considering I was dying so much more less then them, I don't really care. I have a really good, great even, K/D ratio. Here's how the group looked:
Str Bear: 41 - Bad Gear
Int Mage: 41 - BAD Gear
Me - 49 - 4/5 Gear (5 being the best)
Dagger bear - 40 - Okay-ish Gear

In conclusion, I had only died once. I was seriously spamming my pots as hard as I could because my mate, dex bear, had to do the same and our tank was a below average tank.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 12:33 AM
It all depends on setup, I know that I enjoy using a talon/shield combo so my pot usage is minimal. The RR talon set is what I'm using until I stumble upon some glyph items, so my mana pot usage is pretty high but nowhere near thousands. Some maps I can start a map with 25 pots and don't have to use any for the entire night, but when I run with pugs I stock up to 200 of each and that should suffice. Now for a 2H weapon such as a recurve or xbow then 400 pots a night loss sounds reasonable to me. Granted I die quite a bit based on trying to conserve my pot usage recently due to the new health bar; I cannot gauge how much hp I have left at all. I can say based on a few situations that I understand how one could burn through the pots, most sets don't have H/s or M/s and if they do the damage takes a massive hit (Sewer King set comes to mind), so the archer's skills cause a them to be a mana sink while the squishy character of the avian drains their hp just as fast.
I'm working on getting dag/shield. I just don't have the level for the stuff I'll be getting yet. I will after tonight, no doubt, but I just haven't hit it yet. And I was playing half pug so I'm not sure if this is partially the problem. Nah, I'm kidding. This was entirely the problem. I played for 3-4 hours at a time and only used around 45-60 pots. Half of which the tank had sank (teehee).

Neffy
09-25-2011, 12:35 AM
I go through about 400 health pots everyday if Im farming. So about 2.8k a week. Sometimes mages dont heal fast enough and sometimes if your full dex you have the most dps and the draws boss aggro its either pot or watch your death count go up.
I'm very good at spamming my hp pots so this is usually never a consequence. But eh, I'd much rather spam through 500 pots an hour than die. My K/D is pretty clean so far considering my level and how much I solo. But that might all change in the later sewer maps and in nuri's. Who knows?

Gluttony
09-25-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm very good at spamming my hp pots so this is usually never a consequence. But eh, I'd much rather spam through 500 pots an hour than die. My K/D is pretty clean so far considering my level and how much I solo. But that might all change in the later sewer maps and in nuri's. Who knows?

Sewers and Nuri's are where the deaths come, before I hit those maps I had under 100 deaths now I'm closer to 400. It should be easier for you though since there are established strategies for the bosses and the grates cannot be triggered by other players. When I ventured into the new maps they were fresh and all the players were still figuring out how to play them. You should be able to keep your record pretty spotless if you keep your spam finger strong.

Neffy
09-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Sewers and Nuri's are where the deaths come, before I hit those maps I had under 100 deaths now I'm closer to 400. It should be easier for you though since there are established strategies for the bosses and the grates cannot be triggered by other players. When I ventured into the new maps they were fresh and all the players were still figuring out how to play them. You should be able to keep your record pretty spotless if you keep your spam finger strong.
Yeah, I see level 52's with fully developed plans on how to get to the boss easily and kill the boss within 2 minutes. I just try my hardest to not get in the way until I get a hold of things. I'll post a picture of my gear stats and show you why I go through so freaking many pots.

closemeza
09-25-2011, 01:19 AM
lalalalallalalalalalalalal:adoration:

Neffy
09-25-2011, 01:28 AM
lalalalallalalalalalalalal:adoration:
Spam much?

AdinoEznite
09-25-2011, 03:20 AM
thanks to my trusty death talon set...
i dont think i ever had to buy pots to go thru sewers
i just had 25 and i picked up so many when i used some of em
the only time i was close to running out in the sewers was when i was with a pretty bad group...

now nuris is a wayyyy different story...yeah lets not go there

Neffy
09-25-2011, 03:52 AM
thanks to my trusty death talon set...
i dont think i ever had to buy pots to go thru sewers
i just had 25 and i picked up so many when i used some of em
the only time i was close to running out in the sewers was when i was with a pretty bad group...

now nuris is a wayyyy different story...yeah lets not go there
Yeah, I bet. A couple guildies hit nuri's yesterday and are loving life. Hahaha.

Suntv
09-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Try int-bird with a wand: more dmg (lv 56: 220 dps) than talons, more armor (lv 56: 155) than dex-bird. I rarely use pots, and if I use em it's more "to be sure" then really need em.

ooommmggg
09-25-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm extremely cautios w/ using pots, so I use about 1k every 6 months, but i have like 400 deaths :(

Piosidon
09-25-2011, 08:41 AM
I use about 100 pots when I use my free elixir. (mainly mana pots)

Xazic
09-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Here we see again the lack of good tanks... Where did they all disappear?!?

izzyornot
09-25-2011, 12:40 PM
In my limited time on pl with my bird i have rolled on throught most stages of pot usage. At first i didnt use much n die alot due to soloing and learning the gameplay. Then i started gaining cash and buying more pots it became the omg bird tank pot spam lol. Then i hot croc and alien oasis mobs and couldnt bird tankem hehe. So with past pvp expirience from wow it clicked my head why am i not kiting. So i went into kite mode which until sewer nuri is cake walking for a bird or ellybear (bowbear i say ellybear cause he is from what i have seen the baller at the trade) the better u get at kite the less pots u use end of story.

NECROREAPER
09-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Here we see again the lack of good tanks... Where did they all disappear?!?

Sorry, the pumpkin patch has Been keeping me busy lately :/

Neffy
09-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys, I used around 1.3k last night alone on xp runs. Yet again, no decent tank. I get enough drops to cover the expenses though. More than enough, actually.

Epic Unicorns!
09-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I use my full dex gear on runs, but when I'm dying I quickly put on an INT set and pot spam. The pots plus the regen of the set helps me survive. I think the max number of pots I've used on my bird is 100 :D

Neffy
09-25-2011, 04:04 PM
I use my full dex gear on runs, but when I'm dying I quickly put on an INT set and pot spam. The pots plus the regen of the set helps me survive. I think the max number of pots I've used on my bird is 100 :D
I'd like to split my birdy dex/int but I'm proud to say I'm a legit full dex birdy. ;D