PDA

View Full Version : CoC Tier List 1.0 Discussion

Legallyblonde
11-11-2016, 01:42 AM
Hi! I'm Love! I've been playing CoC for a little over a year. So with the new client being a few days old I thought I'd make a tier list! I want to start making a new tier list for each update!

So I encourage you to discuss! Let's make this the first of hopefully many community driven tier lists!

Oh and join the Official Call of Champions Band!

Tier List 1.1 changes
*Added Cobal: Oops ^~^;
*Placed Jack in Gold Tier: I feel like I used Bias to judge Jack's tier placing, rethinking Jack's kit and the current buffs he's recieved he shall be enjoying a cozy studio loft in in the Gold Tier.

Tier List 1.1
Plat Tier(Best/Must-Picks)
Gobi, Magmatus

Gold Tier(Viable/Meta)
Cinder, Scorch, Seraphina, Galen, Mackenna, Violet, Shard, Nova, Grimnr, Ulric, Khalid, Modus, Zaar, Avalanche, Jack

Silver Tier(Underpowered/Outclassed)
Feng, Bjorn, Cobal

Copper Tier(Out of Meta)
Ash

Raww
11-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Hi! I'm Love! I've been playing CoC for a little over a year. So with the new client being a few days old I thought I'd make a tier list! I want to start making a new tier list for each update!

So I encourage you to discuss! Let's make this the first of hopefully many community driven tier lists!

Oh and join the Official Call of Champions Band!

General
Plat Tier(Best/Must-Picks)
Gobi, Magmatus

Gold Tier(Viable/Meta)
Cinder, Scorch, Seraphina, Galen, Mackenna, Violet, Shard, Nova, Grimnr, Ulric, Khalid, Modus, Zaar, Avalanche

Silver Tier(Underpowered/Outclassed)
Feng, Bjorn, Jack

Copper Tier(Out of Meta)
Ash
Awww man. This list is all wrong. No no no lol. Feng, bjorn, and ash should be included in gold tier. Nova should be copper, and you forgot to include Cobal, which belongs in silver

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ignitedmage
11-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Awww man. This list is all wrong. No no no lol. Feng, bjorn, and ash should be included in gold tier. Nova should be copper, and you forgot to include Cobal, which belongs in silver

In my opinion forming such a list is totally wrong.
If the champions in copper, silver and even gold will not be selected and only 2 to 3 champions will be played.... ONLY, and then all of those deserve to be in platinum because all of them have their own role and they complete it very well

resurrected
11-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Not sure as you but i haven't lost any vs using my jack and most of time i can handle 1v2 or even v3 when i am protecting tower. Jack is one of Bests and most Pro champions but you need know how to use him

ClumsyCactus
11-11-2016, 11:51 AM

I'd say Nova is not nearly copper tier, she is still a very deadly mage, and would at least be in silver tier, probably gold.
Feng I believe is silver tier not because she is bad, but because it is very hard to press her skills fast enough, atleast thats my opinion of her.
Ash is not very great, there's no other way to put it. He has almost no tools to support his teammates, and his damage is really low, why would he be gold?

Ignitedmage
11-11-2016, 12:29 PM
I'd say Nova is not nearly copper tier, she is still a very deadly mage, and would at least be in silver tier, probably gold.
Feng I believe is silver tier not because she is bad, but because it is very hard to press her skills fast enough, atleast thats my opinion of her.
Ash is not very great, there's no other way to put it. He has almost no tools to support his teammates, and his damage is really low, why would he be gold?

Ash is Justg favorite champion......

Alwarez
11-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Scorch is not top tier? Oh come on, did you ever play this game?

Raww
11-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Ash is a awesome support. His ability to stun and his dmg output afterwards, then sending enemies the other way without hp being affected is beautiful man. I consider him a gold player

Justg
11-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Ash is a awesome support. His ability to stun and his dmg output afterwards, then sending enemies the other way without hp being affected is beautiful man. I consider him a gold player

Love Ash!

/11charsnoshifty

Chacho
11-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Trying to convince love ash is anything but useless is futile.

Justg
11-11-2016, 02:57 PM
Trying to convince love ash is anything but useless is futile.

Really not sure what you are trying to communicate there, but I do love Ash and nothing you say will stop me! <3

resurrected
11-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Really not sure what you are trying to communicate there, but I do love Ash and nothing you say will stop me! <3
And vroom loves Feng xD

Legallyblonde
11-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Hi guys! I'm SO HAPPY at all the discussion going on in this thread! I'm open to changing anything on or about the list if there's a community consensus! Remember!: This is the first Community Tier List, we need to work together to improve it! :)

Also let me clarify some things about the tier system and some champion placements!

Plat Tier: This is self explanatory, champs placed in Plat are the tippy top.
Gold Tier: This represents the majority of the cast, who are viable, but not "op". They're balanced(for the most part) and excel in their roles.
Silver Tier: I want to clarify champs in Silver & Copper aren't exactly weak. It's just they're either undertuned and/or are heavily outclassed in their class role.
Copper Tier: Character's in this tier are NOT BAD. No champions are bad. However if a champion unfortunately ends up in this tier it's because they are outclassed and countered by most of the meta, hence "Out of Meta".

Individual Champions
Ash- Ash has a plethora of problems surrounding him. I'm not saying he's bad or to not play him. Love Ash all you want and play him to your hearts content! I'm not saying Ash isn't viable, all I'm saying is that the meta is very unkind to him.
*Lackluster Range and Casting Times on 4/5 of his skills. He's extremely prone to hard cc, interrupts, and all the champs that outrange him.
*No mobility, and all his skills stunt his movement. Close to impossible to approach a competent enemy team without being focused.
*Squishy support, even with his HP buffed and his shield he's no substitute for a real tank.
*Aside from being countered by the majority of the cast he's especially weak to Gobi, Magma, All Mages, and All Warriors.
*Reliant on long cooldowns, which if he whiffs or is interrupted makes him useless.
*Is outclassed in the Support role by all supports.
*Is outclassed in the CC/Tank role by all tanks.
*The addition of Gobi to the cast solidified Ash's place in Copper Tier.

Feng- Feng is one of those champs who aren't necessarily weak. She's placed in Silver Tier because of how heavily outclassed she is in the Assassin role.
*The games clunky tap controls will forever make Feng hard to play.
*Combos are easily interrupted and escaped even with her snares.
*Less reliable burst damage compared to Devil Horns, Atonement, and Icepick.
*Low mobility and No escapes, compared to other assassins who all have approaches and escapes.
*One of the worst turret pushers in the cast.

Bjorn- Like Feng, Bjorn isn't as weak as much as he's just outclassed heavily by Gobi, Mackenna, and Grimnr.
I also want to point out that Bear Form is Plat Tier and will always be viable.
*Little to no sustain or damage mitigation.
*Stacks aren't easy to get and maintain without the opponent feeding or getting caught out of position.
*Human Bjorn is a mediocre Champion.
*Only 1 hard CC without talents.
*One of the worst turret pushers outside of Bear Form.
*Required to achieve Bear form to be truly of use in a match, where as all other warriors are strong right out of the gate.

Tier List 1.1 Changes
*Added Cobal: Oops ^~^;
*Placed Jack in Gold Tier: I feel like I used Bias to judge Jack's tier placing, rethinking Jack's kit and the current buffs he's recieved he shall be enjoying a cozy studio loft in in the Gold Tier.

Ceuidear
11-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Wonder what would happen when its 1v1 between Modus & Jack.............

eddyshe
11-12-2016, 12:12 AM
im just gonna laugh at people saying that ash is weak. Just a tip: if ash is weak for you, you're playing him wrong

Roninmoro
11-12-2016, 07:36 PM
It's always hard to tier/rank things unofficially, since it's soooo subjective and really depends on how you play.

resurrected
11-12-2016, 07:58 PM
Wonder what would happen when its 1v1 between Modus & Jack.............
Depends how smart jack is xD

Ignitedmage
11-13-2016, 08:56 AM
Depends how smart jack is xD

jack fanboy... :p

resurrected
11-13-2016, 08:57 AM
jack fanboy... :p
Jack is my love *.*

Schnitzel
11-14-2016, 11:01 AM
I think most of this is based on opinion, to some a champ fits here, to others, a champ fits there,

to me, I like Violet, Modus, Cobal, and Zaar
Ain't nothing gonna change that

Ignitedmage
11-14-2016, 11:04 AM
I think most of this is based on opinion, to some a champ fits here, to others, a champ fits there,

*violet will be nerfed more cuz still someone likes her* :p

Schnitzel
11-14-2016, 12:18 PM
*violet will be nerfed more cuz still someone likes her* :p

Well there goes 400k out the window..

VROOMIGoRealFast
11-14-2016, 02:52 PM
I want so badly to say "1v1 me as Feng, I dare you" but that's not helpful in a tier discussion. xD

In terms of Feng, I think she is less impactful against lower tier players but a much better assassin against higher tier plays. The reasoning behind this is that Feng's damage is consistent, it doesn't rely on your opponent being.. well.. bad.

Scorch: You have to build up stacks before Devil Horn becomes a powerhouse. In Versus most players don't realize that walking through your fire trail is just giving you stacks for free. Against more competent players Scorch is harder to build up stacks with.

Seraphina: Atonement is great, and Seraphina is one of my favorite Champions, but playing against any Champion with CC Seraphina should not be able to pop Atonement, jump in, and land all 4 attacks. This is exactly what happens in Versus though. You have a much better chance against Seraphina by just being aware of her and what she does. Don't stay near walls she can jump over, think of the timing of her Atonement.

Shard: Shard has 2 main combos for high damage. Land sword throw and then dash, or dash first and try a point-blank sword throw. The first relies on prediction of your opponents movements (which is harder against better opponents) and the second is a wide open read of what you're doing, easy for harder opponents to counter with abilities of their own. After that Shard has to run away and for most players, this means completely away. The safe dive in teleport combo gives up so much map ownership for powerups and such.

Great to see discussions of what makes characters viable and not in your opinions!

In terms of Feng though, I would like to ask what's getting in your way in terms of "bad touch controls" compared to other champions?

resurrected
11-14-2016, 02:57 PM
I want so badly to say "1v1 me as Feng, I dare you" but that's not helpful in a tier discussion. xD

In terms of Feng, I think she is less impactful against lower tier players but a much better assassin against higher tier plays. The reasoning behind this is that Feng's damage is consistent, it doesn't rely on your opponent being.. well.. bad.

Scorch: You have to build up stacks before Devil Horn becomes a powerhouse. In Versus most players don't realize that walking through your fire trail is just giving you stacks for free. Against more competent players Scorch is harder to build up stacks with.

Seraphina: Atonement is great, and Seraphina is one of my favorite Champions, but playing against any Champion with CC Seraphina should not be able to pop Atonement, jump in, and land all 4 attacks. This is exactly what happens in Versus though. You have a much better chance against Seraphina by just being aware of her and what she does. Don't stay near walls she can jump over, think of the timing of her Atonement.

Shard: Shard has 2 main combos for high damage. Land sword throw and then dash, or dash first and try a point-blank sword throw. The first relies on prediction of your opponents movements (which is harder against better opponents) and the second is a wide open read of what you're doing, easy for harder opponents to counter with abilities of their own. After that Shard has to run away and for most players, this means completely away. The safe dive in teleport combo gives up so much map ownership for powerups and such.

Great to see discussions of what makes characters viable and not in your opinions!

In terms of Feng though, I would like to ask what's getting in your way in terms of "bad touch controls" compared to other champions?
I want vs you but you would cheat [emoji14]
Devs are more pro

Anyways for real i would love to play against one of devs! Is it even possible?

Schnitzel
11-14-2016, 03:21 PM

1v1 me Vroom, feng vs violet
at lvl1 (I've only got violet yesterday, still not maxed yet)

resurrected
11-14-2016, 03:23 PM
@VroomIGoRealFast I'll try my sera ( tier 8 ) and jack ( tier10 ) !

ClumsyCactus
11-14-2016, 04:46 PM

I'd imagine the reason people say that Feng is hard to control is that in order to land her full combo and escape you have to tap the screen a total of 9 times, 4 of which you need to target an enemy, all while still trying to move strategically and not die since she is very frail. If you miss even a single tap you loose time, which translates to either missing out on lots of damage on them or loosing lots of health on you. Or both. I personally don't think she is horribly hard to play on a decent enough level, but that's probably why people find her a bit complicated.
tl;dr You need to tap 9 times, and if u miss one the entire combo is messed up, but she is still very good.

Legallyblonde
11-14-2016, 11:49 PM
@Vroom by hard controls I mean the literal breaking of thumbs that is playing Feng. XD It's supper hard to constantly be tapping especially vs tiny targets like Violet, Modus, or Scorch. Also enemies can group together and because of the tap controls you could end up Eagle Striking Nova but comboing Galen because he's standing infront of Nova(By Infront I mean proportional to the camera view.) Also when you go to cast a skill, you can't control your movement while the blue zone is active. Like they can run away from you and you're stuck in a skills blue zone. So frustrating.

We should be able to move freely while skill "blue zones" are up, or there should be a lock-on system like all other mobile mobas lol. Feng is fun but mad frustrating.

XghostzX
11-15-2016, 10:45 AM
This is why I play Modus ^

For a mage, has exceptional armor and his damage output is relatively high. Great for one v one scenario in my opinion (only tough against Cinder, sometimes Violet). Great champion if you're wanting to be more of a solo player.

Compared to Modus, however, I do think other champions provide a more optimal level of team play, which is in principle the best way to win a game. But I do love racking up kills!

Ceuidear
11-15-2016, 10:53 PM

Among mages is it only violet that gets a shield when a bonus damage is done ?
Doesn't Modus & Zaar have shield ?
As far as i have observed most of the chars get a shield when bonus damage is done except a few i haven't seen like Modus, Zaar, Cinder etc.

Legallyblonde
11-16-2016, 12:05 AM
Among mages is it only violet that gets a shield when a bonus damage is done ?
Doesn't Modus & Zaar have shield ?
As far as i have observed most of the chars get a shield when bonus damage is done except a few i haven't seen like Modus, Zaar, Cinder etc.

Voilet, Gobi, Ash, and Ulric are the only characters with shields built into their kit. Most squishy champs (Nova, Ulric, Khalid) have a talent at tier 8/9 that gives them a small shield if their health falls below 20%

Ceuidear
11-16-2016, 12:28 AM
Voilet, Gobi, Ash, and Ulric are the only characters with shields built into their kit. Most squishy champs (Nova, Ulric, Khalid) have a talent at tier 8/9 that gives them a small shield if their health falls below 20%

Galen too has a shield.....??

resurrected
11-16-2016, 01:50 AM
Galen too has a shield.....??
Yes galen have shield. Jack can even have 2 shields, it depeds on build.

Legallyblonde
11-16-2016, 02:21 AM
Forgot about galen lol

Ceuidear
11-16-2016, 03:44 AM
Yes galen have shield. Jack can even have 2 shields, it depeds on build.

Does any of the champs(which have got shield) has the ability to provide teammate with a shield ?

resurrected
11-16-2016, 03:45 AM
Does any of the champs(which have got shield) has the ability to provide teammate with a shield ?
Khalid have skill that give nearby allies shield.

Legallyblonde
11-16-2016, 04:06 AM
Khalid have skill that give nearby allies shield.

Ash and Ulric also give more literal shields.

Ironforge991
11-16-2016, 08:36 AM
i agree with youre tiers blonde...but that is list for begginers...the top players know that ashe make be big trouble for him...also about bjorn(my main)the stacking it s easy...wait for enemy to group all and using 4.spells u can take 3 stack ofc if u cross into them all...and then use 3.spell and stun one of them and here we gooo...BEAR FORM IS READY...with 80% of healths...and u wrong about Feng and Nova...that 2 girls is very fast killers...yeah it is true that in game have some champions with spell bug...but i hope that sts nerf them...but the really problem is Galen...he is tank with powerfull dmg...total usefull champions...

Ceuidear
11-16-2016, 11:03 PM
i agree with youre tiers blonde...but that is list for begginers...the top players know that ashe make be big trouble for him...also about bjorn(my main)the stacking it s easy...wait for enemy to group all and using 4.spells u can take 3 stack ofc if u cross into them all...and then use 3.spell and stun one of them and here we gooo...BEAR FORM IS READY...with 80% of healths...and u wrong about Feng and Nova...that 2 girls is very fast killers...yeah it is true that in game have some champions with spell bug...but i hope that sts nerf them...but the really problem is Galen...he is tank with powerfull dmg...total usefull champions...

Tanks aren't just meant to push the orb forward close to tower & let the assassins & mages destroy the tower. Tanks are created with an intention on withstanding the incoming damage & assisting teammates as well as deal damage. If tanks r just meant to help then it ll surely make them look like personal assistant to mages & assassins who deal more damage & get more kills. Just bcoz some pro players playing tanks hit the right combos making bonus damages it doesnt mean that a tank is powerful. Everyone has their own style of playing with a particular category of champ. Though i dont own any of the tank(except the free avalanche) i love to see tanks v/s 2 or 3 dealing damage with a skillful play. I really dont have any issues with any of the tanks in v/s except magmatus who is still the best, avalanche & galen look normal though. It all depends upon what champ we play & how we play & how we play against tanks. Magmatus has been nerfed now.
* Don't wanna see another tank getting nerfed *

Legallyblonde
11-17-2016, 03:31 AM
Mag & Galen deal too much damage tho lol. If they manage to push in an orb, unless the whole team if there to contest them. They'll take the turret. Galen especially, his damage is too high for being such a wall.

Tanks(except mag) aren't supposed to be dealing alot of damage. That's the role of assassins. They're support to well...tank and and support they're team bt body blocking and providing CC.

Also thabks for brining this up, I was gonna do it anyway!

Tl;dr, Galen does too much damage. Magmatus is supposed to be a tank with alot of damage but imo his "Assassin/Tank" role is very problematic.

Ceuidear
11-17-2016, 04:05 AM
I dont feel too much of damage is taken while versing a tank(Galen).
CC is more which shouldnt be. If tanks dont deal damage atleast to get some kills or to destroy a tower there isn't any point playing such a champ.

Legallyblonde
11-17-2016, 06:51 AM
I dont feel too much of damage is taken while versing a tank(Galen).
CC is more which shouldnt be. If tanks dont deal damage atleast to get some kills or to destroy a tower there isn't any point playing such a champ.

what lol

the point of playing tank is to support your squishy damage dealers/supports by absorbing damage for them and providing crucial cc. Galen shouldn't deal alot of damage because he is the tankiest champ in the game.

Goldilox
11-17-2016, 12:32 PM
what lol

the point of playing tank is to support your squishy damage dealers/supports by absorbing damage for them and providing crucial cc. Galen shouldn't deal alot of damage because he is the tankiest champ in the game.

With tanks, its a balancing act because without proper threat tanks are ignored but with too mach damage threat they become tanky fighters. In the case with Galen, a majority of his damage comes from his punch out (1st) ability which has a long windup allowing enemies to cancel it out with any kind of CC.

Ceuidear
11-17-2016, 11:30 PM
With tanks, its a balancing act because without proper threat tanks are ignored but with too mach damage threat they become tanky fighters. In the case with Galen, a majority of his damage comes from his punch out (1st) ability which has a long windup allowing enemies to cancel it out with any kind of CC.

Haven't noticed his(galen) high damage, the only thing that troubles me in galen is Death Vine which is really annoying when i get rooted & taking into consideration of his other 3 abilities like....
► Pummeling Fists :- Physical Damage - High
► Punch Out :- Physical Damage - High
► Timber :- Physical Damage - High

All of them deal a high physical damage but, the combo of death vine & pummeling fists is what that makes my champ blood down to earth its deadly though.
Cant say much about punch out & timber.

Nice Avatar Gold:) when can we have it ???

ClumsyCactus
11-18-2016, 12:49 AM

I think galen is very well balanced, the real problem among tanks is magmatus. You can't go near to fight, nor can you stay at a distance because he will make sure he is near you by using dash/slow/pull.

resurrected
11-18-2016, 01:11 AM
Nice avatar Goldi!