PDA

View Full Version : Venomous set illusion..

Epw
11-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Maybe it happens just with me, but i have to ask to be sure about it. So..

..when im wearing the venomous set in towns and i see other ppl with this set also, i have a feeling that the other ones movement with speed set seems faster than my moves.

Has anyone else noticed the same? Im not using any drugs, my mind is clear and im not crazy. Im just curious if is there any explanations...

Thanks in advance, have a nice day!

Lolifee
11-11-2016, 10:41 AM
it may work together with pt HB or speed awakening?

Daggee
11-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Yes. I have to agree with you. When i owned a speed set, it definitely seemed like as if other move faster. I believe it's just our minds playing tricks on us. Hehe

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Irg
11-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Their's always better XD
Deal with it B-)

blazerdd
11-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Yes, it does seem like others move faster. Alot faster. And no, its not the pet we are talking about. The reason, from what I've concluded, is that the server has to make up for the lost space made up from ping. Or, its our screen is just playing catch-up.

Also, while we are on the subject, is the speed working properly in pvp? I can be half-way across the map from an enemy that is chasing me w/o speed, and their aimed shot or nox can hit me. I've mentioned this to some of my friends and they all seem to realize this.

PEMA
11-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Yes, it does seem like others move faster. Alot faster. And no, its not the pet we are talking about. The reason, from what I've concluded, is that the server has to make up for the lost space made up from ping. Or, its our screen is just playing catch-up.

Also, while we are on the subject, is the speed working properly in pvp? I can be half-way across the map from an enemy that is chasing me w/o speed, and their aimed shot or nox can hit me. I've mentioned this to some of my friends and they all seem to realize this.

I've also experienced that too, I was in the middle of an intersection and my enemy was on the other intersection and his aim shot just wiped me from existence, I look at my ping and everything is okay, that was the last time I played PvP lmao :D

Sweetsatured
11-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Speed awakening, pet happiness, speed passive ability :v

Fsuryo
11-11-2016, 11:59 AM
/11char

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

blazerdd
11-11-2016, 12:13 PM

Im sorry, but when I have around 35% speed awakenings/pet/and passives active, and it still looks like theyre flying compared to my jogging, there is a visual "problem".

Not meant to sound rude in any way, but do you own/use a speed set?

Ninthplague
11-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Only speed awakening work with speed set, other buffs from elix and pets don't stack

Epw
11-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Thanks for your feedback, now i know im not the only one with this "problem". :)

putter
11-11-2016, 05:31 PM
The game has a 2 sec delay. You won't see others with this delay, you won't see yourself with this delay, but when you move, others will see you move after 2 secs.

resurrected
11-11-2016, 06:02 PM
I also got that feeling while running around in expedition camp using my friend speed set and doing races with random people lmao [emoji14]
( races were without weapons and pets so yeah )

Leprechaun
11-11-2016, 07:37 PM

Thats what those who doesnt have speed set says XD
I have the same experience too, even the mobs are hitting and dying faster

Twerk
11-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Gimme digits of your dealer

dinzly
11-11-2016, 08:47 PM
weird thing i felt is when i unequip speed set it feels like i become much slower than normal run..

Daggee
11-12-2016, 12:43 AM

About the pvp thing, i believe it has to do with ping. If you have constant 350ping+ you'll have to expect that happening. Your client side and the server side maby different. When your client side moves 6m already, and since your ping is higher, it may take the server side abit to read what your client side did. So on the server side, you may have only mover 2-3m. Maby if u had better ping, your client side may send data to the server side faster, so if u moved 6m on client side, on server side, u may move 4m. This is just my guess lol. I got absolutely no idea about game mechanics but i believe its right.

Fsuryo
11-12-2016, 06:04 AM
Im sorry, but when I have around 35% speed awakenings/pet/and passives active, and it still looks like theyre flying compared to my jogging, there is a visual "problem".

Not meant to sound rude in any way, but do you own/use a speed set?
Maybe they have better than you.

Oh sorry, do you need another screen capture to proof someone have SET, so they can talk here?

Zulgath
11-12-2016, 11:17 AM
its the ping imo

RYYUKK
11-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Just awaken reroll with speed awaken and elix stack with ur venom set, not pets, not movement speed skill passive

Kakashis
11-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Yeah you look like you're hauling with the speed set to others. When you have awakening, you might feel a little faster but it looks the same on their end. 20% speed boost vs 200% for the set is marginal. You look totally awesome running around to others xD

I didn't wear my set all the time before because of my para arcane ring, but there are many benefits to the speed set like ping able to shoot at mobs then running away from red zone and pets walking speed is also 200% increased.

blazerdd
11-12-2016, 11:42 PM
About the pvp thing, i believe it has to do with ping. If you have constant 350ping+ you'll have to expect that happening. Your client side and the server side maby different. When your client side moves 6m already, and since your ping is higher, it may take the server side abit to read what your client side did. So on the server side, you may have only mover 2-3m. Maby if u had better ping, your client side may send data to the server side faster, so if u moved 6m on client side, on server side, u may move 4m. This is just my guess lol. I got absolutely no idea about game mechanics but i believe its right.

My ping is 60-130 during pvp, with the occasional spikes as expected.

I also tested today with my ping under 100, with the same from the other person.. I was able to run from the top right of the blood beach map, straight down below the mana boost until the mage fired his lightning and hit me. He said I was out of his screen when he fired, yet I still got hit, far out of range.

Maybe they have better than you.

Oh sorry, do you need another screen capture to proof someone have SET, so they can talk here?

I'm sorry, what? That post has nothing to do with what you just imposed, and since this is a "problem" noticed by speed users, it is logical for me to ask if the op uses one.

Schnitzel
11-13-2016, 04:02 AM
Dr. Wells is helping Zoom steal your speed (Flash (TV show) reference)

Epw
11-13-2016, 04:48 AM
It would be nice if a dev or someone from the STG team would clarify this thing. Im really curious if is this only a trick by our mind, or a real thingy.

Also, i have a guess when you wear a speed set your movement is drcreased with a little to be able handle your toon without any probs, but the other players still see you moving with full speed. Thats in my mind atm.

Sasamon
11-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Idk how to explain but is a trick of your mind when you use it a lot. You can check by unequip it for a day or some hours, then equip again. Do you remember the first time you used it? Soo much fast?!
I think its like be inside a car a 100km and off the car a 100km. If you travel at 100km you feel not too fast but If a car pass around you at 100km you think it really fast...same speed both.
Idk too if speed awaken effect is "visible" when running coz I don't have it. I think when you have 200%, 220% don't make all that difference.
I feel the same "Haste set broken" when others run around me hahaha but its not real, I hope.

Greoatef
11-16-2016, 09:16 AM
dont think any speed lix, or pet speed enhancement, stacks with the haste set.
Besides ... if we run any faster than the current haste set its gonna be hard to control which way we go lol?!?!?

dvlong
11-16-2016, 04:24 PM
just ask them for a race u will see who is faster :untroubled:

Leprechaun
11-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Yeah you look like you're hauling with the speed set to others. When you have awakening, you might feel a little faster but it looks the same on their end. 20% speed boost vs 200% for the set is marginal. You look totally awesome running around to others xD

I didn't wear my set all the time before because of my para arcane ring, but there are many benefits to the speed set like ping able to shoot at mobs then running away from red zone and pets walking speed is also 200% increased.

I think you dont understand what he is talking about because you have never experienced it before. There are times when the map is very very fast forwarded, it happened to me when i was running WT4, even the timer is speeded by 5 or 10 times, idk, me and my friend are just stunned at how fast we move, how fast our skill countdown and how fast the mobs attack and die. This situation happened to me in a few occasions

Tranimall
11-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Also keep in mind with massive multiplayer online games, you are using a "client" version of the game that is sending everything you are doing to a server where it its updating everyone's position. What is displayed on your screen can be very different that what is actually happening. etc. 99% of the time what you are seeing on the client-side is delayed slightly from what is actually happening on the server.

For example if you are runnning along side another speed set, on your screen, you could be laggin behind a bit, but on a third persons screen it could be the other way around or dead even.

To find out for sure, get together in a tavern etc run end to end few times with some other friends watching. Each player will see something differnt depending on how fast each client side version updates. On my older Iphone im always slower like u are saying. On my Galaxy s6 edge plus its amazing how smooth position updating is with a strong connection. On Pc/Chrome connected via ethernet (not 4g or wifi), its huge difference in terms of judging distances, really fast, being really accurate with your timing, compared to phones/tabs on wireless.

Tranimall
11-23-2016, 02:02 PM
I think you dont understand what he is talking about because you have never experienced it before. There are times when the map is very very fast forwarded, it happened to me when i was running WT4, even the timer is speeded by 5 or 10 times, idk, me and my friend are just stunned at how fast we move, how fast our skill countdown and how fast the mobs attack and die. This situation happened to me in a few occasions

I have experienced that also, it was like the game was playing at 2x speed almost. It hasnt happened since new level cap for me idk why. I used to notice that after huge wildfire procs where we died, seemed like the game sped up a lil each time we respawned, and for sure the wildfire proc would get extremely sensitive, meaning maybe 1 or two taps of staff and a group of mobs would be fully proc'ing like crazy. Ofc it would get harder and harder to survive.

I forget sometimes this is an online game, with tons of different versions of clients, players connecting from tons of different devices, connection types, etc. Its amazing to me im ever synced up with other players. Hats off to the server/Networking engineers on this game. No joke.