PDA

View Full Version : Announcing: PLeague Season 1 Qualifying Tournament

Mothwing
11-11-2016, 04:22 PM

I have received the go-ahead from Cinco! Season 1 is underway and this is the official thread to find information and sign up to particiapte. Before you sign up, however, there are a few matters that need to be addressed as a community.

1. What level would you like to see the league begin at?

You have the ability to choose between level 50 and 51. Please be aware that selecting level 50 means only Shadows, Cyber, AO3, and Mystery (or any other level 50 items) will be allowed. Selecting level 51 means you are only allowing level 51 sewer pinks (FF, MM, RR, SQ, SK, RS). I am also adding the option of hosting it at 50 however allowing 51's to enter as well but only using level 50 gear. The reason we are starting the league so low is to expose teams to new levels as well as establish an order to abide by for following seasons.
1567092. Please understand the rules fully before your team sings up.

Any failure to follow the rules during any official PLeague event will result in disqualification at the leaders' discretion. This is non-negotiable and is essential to understand if we are going to have a successful and enjoyable league.
View the rules here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9ux3bgi8xnajb3/PLeague.pdf?dl=0).

3. Does your team want to enact the two highlighted portions of the rules?

These two sections are not necessary for the league to be successful, however they add more depth in terms of competition and would be more comparable to real-life sports. This decision does not significantly effect the overall nature of the league and is subject to change at any time.156710
4. Understand that I am going to be very flexible with the bans.

Think of this as a democracy. I want the league to be as enjoyable as possible for every single person. Exercise your ability to bring up issues with gear/classes/sets/etc. and pm them directly to me. I will then post a separate thread that addresses the issue with a poll. The rule will be decided on a majority vote. I can explain this further if needed.

5. Sign up!

Post the following information below in a separate comment. Please omit any questions or comments to avoid confusion, you can post those in another comment or ask me directly. The teams entered and current state of the qualifying tournament can be viewed here (http://challonge.com/PLQT#). Seeding will be randomized once registration has closed. The tournament schedule will be announced once the bracket has been filled.
1. List the three players on your team in the following format; Enchantress (IGN*), Warrior (IGN), Archer (IGN). Designate who is the captain by putting an asterisk next to their IGN; example above.
2. What is your team/guild name? Cannot be a duplicate of another team already entered.
3. Does each player on your team fully understand the format and rules of the league?
4. Does your team acknowledge that violating any of the rules listed will result in removal from the league?

*Failure to address any one of these questions will result in me ignoring your entry. Be thorough and do not skip anything.

Current teams signed up:
1. Ffa (Dolloway*, Gladiator, Ffa)
2. Happy Tree Friends (Moth*, Cloak, Nun)
3. Cult (Werl, Upsets*, Stringent)
4. Glory (Nukeism, Sneakyspells, Heybeautiful)
5. WeOwnDollowayAndDanny (Suhdude, Wjn, Wrathfulbeast)

Graveyard
11-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Sounds like humii owes you 10mil

Dolloway
11-11-2016, 09:01 PM
1. List the three players on your team in the following format; Enchantress (IGN*), Warrior (IGN), Archer (IGN). Designate who is the captain by putting an asterisk next to their IGN; example above.
Enchantress (Dolloway*), Warrior (Gladiator), Archer (Ffa)

2. What is your team/guild name? Cannot be a duplicate of another team already entered.
FFA

3. Does each player on your team fully understand the format and rules of the league?
Yes

4. Does your team acknowledge that violating any of the rules listed will result in removal from the league?
Yes

Mothwing
11-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Enchantress (Dolloway*), Warrior (Gladiator), Archer (Ffa)

FFA

Yes

Yes

Welcome to the tourney bud :)

Ill update the bracket when I'm at my computer again.

Mothwing
11-11-2016, 09:37 PM
1. Enchantress - Mothwing*, Warrior - Cloak, Archer - Nun
2. Happy Tree Friends
3. Yes
4. Yes

Bloodweeze
11-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Enchantress- Werl
Archer- Upsets
Warrior- Stringent
Cult
Yes
Yes

Mothwing
11-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Enchantress- Werl
Archer- Upsets
Warrior- Skelify
Cult
Yes
Yes

Thanks for entering!

Groaning
11-12-2016, 06:57 PM
The first two teams ;-; nightmare fuel.

XghostzX
11-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Good luck everyone, it'll be fun observing the seasons as this gets rolling. I'm way too lazy to level up any twinks, so I'll stick to 80. Hope it's fun

curvature
11-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Im a little confused how it says only level 50 and 51s can enter but all these 61s just signed up

"You have the ability to choose between level 50 and 51. Please be aware that selecting level 50 means only Shadows, Cyber, AO3, and Mystery (or any other level 50 items) will be allowed. Selecting level 51 means you are only allowing level 51 sewer pinks (FF, MM, RR, SQ, SK, RS). "

Mothwing
11-13-2016, 01:00 AM
Im a little confused how it says only level 50 and 51s can enter but all these 61s just signed up

"You have the ability to choose between level 50 and 51. Please be aware that selecting level 50 means only Shadows, Cyber, AO3, and Mystery (or any other level 50 items) will be allowed. Selecting level 51 means you are only allowing level 51 sewer pinks (FF, MM, RR, SQ, SK, RS). "

Do you mean team 3? I'm unaware of their levels and I trusted that they read the rules. If they are 61 I will have to investigate myself in game.

Iheybeautiful
11-14-2016, 09:09 AM
1. Bear - Nukeism, Mage - Sneakyspells, Bird - HeyBeautiful
2. Glory
3. Indeed.
4. Quite Yes.

anahadaz
11-14-2016, 01:48 PM
1. Bear - Nukeism, Mage - Sneakyspells, Bird - HeyBeautiful
2. Glory
3. Indeed.
4. Quite Yes.
Wait can 56's play?

Rebula
11-14-2016, 01:53 PM
wasssupppp i just need 10 posts thx

Mothwing
11-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Wait can 56's play?

No, the votes went in favor of 50 with 51's allowed. So only 50 gear can be used. I'll update everything when I get home.

Rebula
11-15-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm gonna bring my 61 there and smack u all

Mess
11-15-2016, 06:25 PM
If anyone wants to team up... pm me!

Mothwing
11-15-2016, 07:13 PM
Updated team list and posted the results of the polls!

We will be playing at level 50, however level 51 twinks are allowed to enter as long as they use level 50 gear.

There was a unanimous vote to allow team changes (dropping/trading team members).

Justg
11-16-2016, 04:53 PM
Cleaned up this thread a bit... you guys should be nicer to each other.

Bazinga!
11-17-2016, 01:44 AM
It looks like none of the teams contain a single L51 or L50, including yours Moth (according to the IGNs given).

Mothwing
11-17-2016, 03:14 AM
It looks like none of the teams contain a single L51 or L50, including yours Moth (according to the IGNs given).

I've written whatever names have been given to me. For my team I simply wrote the main name we go by because we still have to level. I didn't specify that the names have to match up to specific chars, I just want the general name for each player.

Burningdex
11-18-2016, 12:32 AM
GL with this man!

Rebula
11-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Suhdude-Mage
Wjn-Bird
Wrathfulbeast-Bear

Team name: WeOwnDollowayAndDanny

ZedMaster
11-28-2016, 06:56 PM
This is amazing! Would be so down to play but don't have any good friends/teammates that I still talk to lol

Mothwing
11-28-2016, 08:35 PM
This is amazing! Would be so down to play but don't have any good friends/teammates that I still talk to lol

Aw that sucks :( if you find a team feel free to sign up.

To those teams that have already signed up, I am debating on changing the level to 77 (using level 80 characters) due to the popularity of Suhdude's tournament. Please give me your feedback. If we decide to do that then the following season would most likely change levels (maybe to 80 or something lower). My goal is to just get this started so people can see how it works.

Mess
11-29-2016, 12:11 PM
Aw that sucks :( if you find a team feel free to sign up.

To those teams that have already signed up, I am debating on changing the level to 77 (using level 80 characters) due to the popularity of Suhdude's tournament. Please give me your feedback. If we decide to do that then the following season would most likely change levels (maybe to 80 or something lower). My goal is to just get this started so people can see how it works.

I feel like this is a great idea, I see no one at 50-51 range tbh. Maybe you could even change to 76 sets cause they're easier to find. Anyways, if you are going 76-77, I might get a team!

Mothwing
11-29-2016, 05:45 PM
I feel like this is a great idea, I see no one at 50-51 range tbh. Maybe you could even change to 76 sets cause they're easier to find. Anyways, if you are going 76-77, I might get a team!

Awesome! I'll update the thread as soon as I figure everything out.

CHINDUSTER
11-29-2016, 06:57 PM
I was the 1k view.
:cheerful:

Rebula
11-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Awesome! I'll update the thread as soon as I figure everything out.

Danny do 77 pls it's more fun and I own u so more free kills

Boiled_35
11-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Danny do 77 pls it's more fun and I own u so more free kills

LOL LEPER

#11chars

Mothwing
11-30-2016, 08:11 PM
Sounds good guys, I'll write everything up this weekend. Spread the word!

Graveyard
12-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Well that was pointless time and effort to buy a set when it's going to be 77 now

Burstnuke
12-10-2016, 08:49 PM
you should keep it to 50-51. More people are coming back I guess, just be patient.

Mothwing
12-11-2016, 05:33 PM
Well idk what to do then, lots of people are busy with school (like me) and everybody is basically split in half between 50/51 and 77. It's hard for me to commit to one level when people aren't willing to grind and level up one char in order to play.

CHINDUSTER
12-15-2016, 10:43 PM
Well idk what to do then, lots of people are busy with school (like me) and everybody is basically split in half between 50/51 and 77. It's hard for me to commit to one level when people aren't willing to grind and level up one char in order to play.

So what's the plan now, Danny? Is it ending before it begins?
Told you so
:highly_amused:

Reciprocal
12-15-2016, 11:07 PM
Instead of being so pessimistic, try convincing people to make a character in order for it to actually happen :) ^

CHINDUSTER
12-16-2016, 01:10 AM
Instead of being so pessimistic, try convincing people to make a character in order for it to actually happen :) ^

I would agree, but I feel Danny has already lost his motivation to do this.

Oh well. You snooze, you lose.