PDA

View Full Version : Quick suggestion

tjornan
06-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Now i know i shud have spoken up earlier, but seeing as the AO part 2 is approaching, i would like to see a crazy pink drop rate for maybe a day or 2. that way pinks could circulate more and prices wouldnt be outrageous.

Edit: this is for AO part 2 of course

Tullen666
06-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Your almost right. Everything except my sword when its made. That should be impossible to get :D

bmc85uk
06-26-2010, 01:59 PM
I kinda agree, it would be nice to incentivise people to grab it early, and I remember someone mentioning (on Facebook i think) that it would encourage us to pay the 10p straight up than to wait for a discount.

However, 10p is nothing in reality (£1 for us UK people) and having the market boosted with pinks from the get go isn't my idea of fun.

Perhaps instead a 'release weekend bonus' scheme might be better, it gives time for people to realise AO2 is available, and for one day you could have an increased drop rate for pinks, everyone gets to have a go, the game is bristling with activity and everyone gets a piece of the pie.

This is a really rough guess, and I didn't do a great deal of AO1 farming on the high droprate (managed to collect about 40 pinks in total) but the droprate seemed to be around 35-40% (correct me if i'm wrong) and I think that's way too high, my idea for a uniform droprate is here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3759-Uniform-droprate-for-bosses), and I think 2x would be a large enough multiplier (14% one pink drop every 7 bosskills).

Thoughts?

King Richie
06-26-2010, 02:48 PM
No the drop rate is perfect .. it makes you very happy when one dose drop !!

Cascade
06-26-2010, 03:08 PM
yeah but it makes you very sad when you don't get one after playing 3 hours.

bmc85uk
06-26-2010, 05:34 PM
The current drop rate would work, if specific bosses dropped the loot you want, but even when a pink drops it's a lottery to get the one you want, I've run the ao campaign 5 times through at least since the rates changed and ice yet to see a single pink drop at all, let alone receive one.